users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Odin » Free Aeonic Offer on Odin by RF6
Free Aeonic Offer on Odin by RF6
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-07-30 23:13:04  
Congratulations to Aranvor, Darkcecil, Darklabyrinth and Ewellina on your free Aeonics! Also our first time going 1/1 on all fights. Woo

[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-07-30 23:25:42  
And congrats on your Ahosi Leggings!
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-07-30 23:41:28  
Thanks. Should've gotten 'em months ago but my inventory got full when they sorted and they got trashed. <_<
By Nocki 2016-07-31 00:15:47  
Would consider applying for this if I wasn't already leading my own linkshell! Nice thing you're doing for your server~ ;P
[+]
 Odin.Darkcecil
By Odin.Darkcecil 2016-07-31 10:31:54  
Thank you Llewelyn and the RF6 Team we could not have gotten these wins with out your generosity. Me and DarkLabyrinth greatly appreciate the help.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-07-31 12:06:22  
You're very welcome!

On that note, we are now accepting 2 or 3 members for our August 12th-13th Aeonic round. Please refer to the OP if unfamiliar with our offer. Small change to the OP; GEO is a welcomed job. Idris not required, but capped skills and Dunna is.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-07-31 12:23:37  
How about a donation to your local god? ;)
 Carbuncle.Nightmarelord
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: BushinNmL
By Carbuncle.Nightmarelord 2016-07-31 12:31:22  
That's pretty cool. Being someone whos been on a JP dom server since 03 its nice to see someone actually give back / help out.

Carby is mad lonely now.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2016-07-31 14:53:36  
I just restarted after a few months' vacation, and this tempts me to server jump to Odin (not because of free aeonic) because this kind of attitude is lost to the vast majority of players. People on Bahamut are charging /fifty frigging mil/ for one single mob (Albumen) and frankly that's ridiculous.

Kudos, man.
By Afania 2016-07-31 15:06:59  
Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
I just restarted after a few months' vacation, and this tempts me to server jump to Odin (not because of free aeonic) because this kind of attitude is lost to the vast majority of players. People on Bahamut are charging /fifty frigging mil/ for one single mob (Albumen) and frankly that's ridiculous.

Kudos, man.

Let's not start bashing those who charge gil plz. The amount of work behind building an aeonic group and getting required gears, vorseals and super revit access for everyone to kill albumen efficiently is way beyond 50m price tag, and 50m isn't a lot of profit when you split with your Alliance.

Just because Bill Gates donates a lot of money to charity doesn't mean it's wrong for others to charge money to work for others.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-07-31 16:16:04  

Kudos, man.

its still pretty rare to see on odin'
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2016-08-01 10:21:32  
Afania said: »

Kudos, man.

Let's not start bashing those who charge gil plz. The amount of work behind building an aeonic group and getting required gears, vorseals and super revit access for everyone to kill albumen efficiently is way beyond 50m price tag, and 50m isn't a lot of profit when you split with your Alliance.

Just because Bill Gates donates a lot of money to charity doesn't mean it's wrong for others to charge money to work for others.

I have required gear, vorseals, and super revit access (at least for BLM). Alas, for some reason nobody will take me. It's not because I'm an ***, either (at least I don't think so). It could be the fact that I quit for three months.

I'm not decrying merc services; to do so would be hypocritical because I've taken gil a few times for various things.

I'm decrying the price.

I realize the work that goes into making your character effective in such content. I've done it. I've cleared every HELM but this one on various jobs (BLM, WHM, COR, RUN, GEO) so I'm very aware.

Those skills don't just help a potential client. They ultimately help you too. Personal gain is fine, but a price like 50m for a single (annoying af) mob is, to me, preposterous.

No, it's not my place to call people out (and I haven't mentioned a single name in this thread) but I have every right to state my opinion, and I think I've done it relatively respectfully.

tl;dr it's overcharging because you'd do it anyway for yourself
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-08-01 11:54:01  
It's really not though. Adding another body adds difficulty to the fight and people mercing can't make the assumption that you'll be useful. HELM fights are difficult enough that experienced groups still wipe to them. I don't think you realize how much suffering most of them had to go through to get to the point where they can offer merc services. That's what you're paying for.
[+]
By Afania 2016-08-01 13:25:24  
Afania said: »

Kudos, man.

I have required gear, vorseals, and super revit access (at least for BLM). Alas, for some reason nobody will take me. It's not because I'm an ***, either (at least I don't think so). It could be the fact that I quit for three months.

I'm not decrying merc services; to do so would be hypocritical because I've taken gil a few times for various things.

I'm decrying the price.

I realize the work that goes into making your character effective in such content. I've done it. I've cleared every HELM but this one on various jobs (BLM, WHM, COR, RUN, GEO) so I'm very aware.

Those skills don't just help a potential client. They ultimately help you too. Personal gain is fine, but a price like 50m for a single (annoying af) mob is, to me, preposterous.

No, it's not my place to call people out (and I haven't mentioned a single name in this thread) but I have every right to state my opinion, and I think I've done it relatively respectfully.

tl;dr it's overcharging because you'd do it anyway for yourself

Say if you go with an ally with 10 people, 50m a run is only 5m profit per person. Now if you add the gather time(trust me it's often 30 min+), fight time which is close to 30 min, it's only 5m per hr of profit for one character.

That's assuming the group is good enough to get 100% win rate. For newer groups that may fail this NM, the profit is even lower than 5m per hr just because it's going to take longer for that win.

Note that I have made 6m per hour mercing much, much easier NM that I can solo with 1 char. By comparison a T4 that requires an ally, and much higher pt coordination shouldn't make less, but with 50m price tag it does make same amount of gil as soloable NMs per character.

Saying gearing up a job for HELM "ultimately help you" isn't exactly correct in the case of mandy, because brd isn't exactly used anywhere else except HELM. And some people invested gil on it just for HELM.

Also just to echo what Snaps said, I have tried to let buyers contribute to some fight that they need gears from, almost everytime it doesn't end well because they *** up somewhere on something. I ended up making way less money per hr because of that. So yeah getting new ppl to pt is not as easy as you think.

There are tons of aeonic groups out there on various servers are struggling to recruit a good blm, run and whm. If you are as good as you claim I'm pretty sure one group out there would be dying to recruit you.
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-08-01 13:29:37  
Can we please move this kind of discussion elsewhere and simply allow this thread to exist for its original purpose? Everybody has their own opinion on merc groups, but debating that here is a disservice to this kind of generosity.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2016-08-01 14:08:05  
I'm sorry, will do. :)
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-08-01 14:44:13  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
On that note, we are now accepting 2 or 3 members for our August 12th-13th Aeonic round. Please refer to the OP if unfamiliar with our offer. Small change to the OP; GEO is a welcomed job. Idris not required, but capped skills and Dunna is.
 Odin.Colway
user: colway
By Odin.Colway 2016-08-02 11:36:58  
Ewellina: Wanted to say a massive thankyou to you and your shell Llewelyn for the wonderfull toy you provided me with over the weekend.
thanks to you all not only did i get my aeonic, which is awsome fum, i got all my vorseals unlocked and a clusterfuck of new brain matter ^^.
yeah i learned alot from the run. If for what ever reason you guys are ever short on people, I will gladly come help out.
Saying that, if you ever have room i have my second character Chitara on kirin / WoC.
Shes a 119 Master Geo with capped skill and dunna, MB set etc etc etc, just no idris yet.

Again big thanky ou to you all for your time and very welcomed effort.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-08-02 15:20:27  
1 spot filled. 1 or 2 remaining.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-08-04 18:52:35  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
1 spot filled. 1 or 2 remaining.
Let's assume 1 spot remaining for now. I have to see who's coming for our next round still.
 Ragnarok.Zabitaru
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zabimaru
By Ragnarok.Zabitaru 2016-08-04 19:25:26  
I just wanted say that I think it's really cool what you're doing. I feel like most of the nice people have moved on from this game so it's really refreshing to see that this type of camaraderie still exists. Hats off to you and your group.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-08-04 22:36:21  
:3
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-08-06 13:29:24  
Bump. If I don't get any interest by tomorrow night I'll open the spot up to transferees.
[+]
 Asura.Essylt
サーバ: Asura
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2016-08-15 20:45:51  
Are you going to be doing any more runs in the foreseeable future? I'd easily transfer for something like this.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-08-15 21:01:13  
We actually were not going to be taking any extras our next round because we were going to have a little bit of fun (or try to) and try killing some HELMs with melee and did not want to potentially waste anyone's time.
[+]
 Asura.Essylt
サーバ: Asura
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2016-08-15 22:46:51  
Well, if you ever do a free run again, I have a 2100 COR and, most likely, 2100 GEO and BLM that I'd love to join on.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-08-19 22:46:44  
Congratulations to Taffy and Pixter on your new Aeonics. Forgot to SS on last HELM NM this time.
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2016-08-20 00:34:27  
Here is another pic of my dog.

[+]
By Taffy 2016-08-21 22:40:03  

Thanks to Llewelyn and all of RF6 for the help, wouldn't have happened without them :)
[+]
By Sabishii 2016-08-30 17:39:46  
This is relevant to my interests, I'd actually like to join you guys if all possible, me and my friends just came back to Odin, and my BLU's pimpin' (dual afterglow, all sorts of augmented herc, NQ abjurations, etc.) I can hit enough ACC to hit maju, etc. I also have master COR, and 1400 RUN =3 (didn't get job mastery on RUN yet lol).