Wyvrenhunter Bambrox

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Wyvrenhunter Bambrox
Wyvrenhunter Bambrox
By Verda 2016-04-28 14:31:16  
Anyone else tried this guy? I won 3 times but group got tired of it lol. The xbow is an upgraded version of the old Othinus's bow and it is probably one of the best options for non RME ranger at the moment. There's ilvl versions of acid and holy bolts too, so could bring that back.

As far as I can tell from testing all ranged attacks have a 1 second cooldown, same as spells. It varies some due to networking stuff most likely, but that's around where it sticks. So my theory is that all ranged attacks share a global cooldown same as spells. That means the ammo of ranged weapons is only used for calculating how much TP you get per hit make it basically some weird form of STP, though not exactly it has similar effect. Bows have the least ammo delay, guns the most, and as far as weapon delay to ammo delay ratio, crossbows have the best. This would seem to make crossbows the fastest at building tp over time, though you have to factor in the 1 second between each shot as well. In any case I wanna try it out, it comes with a ton of stats and attack and Othinus bow in the day was one of best options for a ranger especially with acid bolts and holy bolts and added option of bloody bolts, which we have ilvl versions of two of those.

So on to the strategy I was able to beat this guy with and his mechanics.

* Will use Eagle Eye Shot multiple times per fight, seemingly based on his remaining HP. Seems to be about every 25% until he is lower HP at which point he will start using it a LOT. When he uses EES, he also places mines at the same time.
* The lower HP he gets the more mines he will set at a time. Each mine is very damaging, can do over 2200 dmg unresisted. The most he can seem to set at one time is 6 mines.
* You can destroy the mines, they don't have much HP but you don't have much time either. They seem to ignore AoE but more testing would be needed.
* Will follow up that often times with Frying Pan, aoe physical dmg + stun.

Setup used was NIN BRD SMN, used EA + Schzero, barfira, two fire carols, march, haste 2, dream shroud, tp bonus, ifrit's favor, and warcry and enfire. Flaming crush can do up to 22k to him without a GEO. With a GEO might be able to zerg fight easier. Can get him to about 25% hp pretty easy, NIN can target mines, and mines only do about 270 dmg now. Problem is that last 25% which you have to basically zerg somehow. Self chain with ifrit can work, or SMN one hour. If it fails have dia 2 on him and try to zombie remaining HP. Thinking THF or something for big closes might work, but EA + Schezero seems pretty important unless you can figure out a way to clear 6 mines quickly.

Good luck and let me know if anyone else finds a way to beat him. I think a good old fashioned zerg works on last 30% of his HP but gotta live to getting there too.

Edit: BLU aoe does work, but eventually at 6 mines, range is too far to get all of them in one nuke.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-04-28 15:23:19  
Yeah, there's another thread out there on him.

Go SCH, SC -> Helix and nukes. When he drops the first bomb, disengage (so trusts run) then run to a far corner without going out of bounds. Re-engage for trust hate and keep nuking. When he uses EES disengage and run to the far other side. Repeat this multiple times making sure a Helix is on after each phase so that if you die, you'll be fine to pick back up with new trusts.
[+]
By Verda 2016-04-28 16:05:33  
Cool thanks Mahayaya, we got some more wins with BLU taking out half the mines at the end, with AOE. Can live through 260 * 3 but 260 * 6 is a bit much for trusts and low hp people to live through. BLU can start casting around when he sees EES, was using Tenebral Crush. As per usual, everyone got an xbow but me >.>
By Feanorsof 2016-04-28 17:59:22  
I managed to get the crossbow from the wanted campaign , I haven't had a chance to try it out yet
[+]