users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality
 Siren.Noxzema
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2016-04-25 21:41:32  
I'm surprised that there isn't a thread dedicated to VR yet... Anyways I received my Vive pre-order authorization today. I was wondering if anyone else was getting a Vive or Rift, and if so what games were you going to be getting?

For me I think (in no particular order):
Raw Data
Windlands
Modbox
Brookhaven Experiment
Hover Junkers
Space Pirate Trainer

There's a few more that I'll probably end up getting, but that'll be a start lol.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2016-04-25 21:51:58  
It's so gimmicky, idk why people care about it atm. The tech is not advanced enough to fulfill those .hack or sword art online fantasies.
 Siren.Noxzema
サーバ: Siren
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2016-04-25 22:02:54  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
the playstation VR coming out for ps4 looks interesting and a bit more efficient.

I can see that if you don't have a gaming PC and already have all of the parts for the PSVR. For me, I have a PC that can run VR, but I don't have the camera/move for the PS4 so they probably cost about the same for me. And the headsets for the PC use slightly better hardware.

Draylo said: »
It's so gimmicky, idk why people care about it atm. The tech is not advanced enough to fulfill those .hack or sword art online fantasies.

I admit it's a bit of a gamble to get, but everything I hear about the Vive is that it's a great experience. That you don't even notice the lower resolution, because you're so immersed. Idk, I prefer gameplay to graphics any day.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-04-25 22:46:27  
I've had the Oculus Rift DK2. While it is a bit gimmicky - mostly due to the fact there aren't great full fledged games for it in my opinion - it's a completely different experience than playing a 2D game. It especially applies to Horror Genre games. Between having noise cancelling headphones and Oculus Rift on, it seriously feels like you're there and the immersion into the game is immediate if done right.

I literally had to take it off for a bit from being frightened of scary crap in a particular game called "Dreadhalls":

YouTube Video Placeholder

The dread doesn't even seem that bad when you're watching in 2D, but when you're "in there", it's completely terrifying.

I only have the DK2, and newer games have come out so I imagine it's a bit better than when I played with it too. I also hear Elite: Dangerous is an AMAZING game with it, and if you're into exploring space it would probably be a must have with Virtual Reality. I know some people had played that game for hours and I may end up getting it eventually when I have time to play with it again.

Edit: Replaced it with the video he reaally freaks out with.
By Yatenkou 2016-04-25 22:53:23  
I just watched Markiplier cry...oh that's yummy...

I always loved Markiplier
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-04-25 23:38:07  
Draylo said: »

less about gameplay and big AAA/MMO experiences, more about the ride. besides the myriad of non-gaming applications of something like a Rift, you've gotta admit that being able to go thru a game like SOMA in VR would be dope as ***. I suspect most of the successful titles for VR headsets will be catering to emotional/shock value rather than intense gaming experiences.

Can't be worse than motion controls.