users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Most Viewed
Most Viewed
 Siren.Kantori
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: kantori
By Siren.Kantori 2008-07-15 01:28:26  
I am unsure if this suggestion was asked, but i dunno if it's just a coincidence but i often see familiar names as top ranked most viewed so I was wondering is it possible for somebody to continue to refresh or/and click on their own player name and get credit thus making his/her rank up with each click on the daily most viewed page for the respective server?

If so, it's subject to abuse, suggestion to only have legitimate credit on that or would that require too much time?
 Odin.Wyred
サーバ: Odin
user: wyred
By Odin.Wyred 2008-07-15 05:01:12  
On some days, I refresh my mule's page many times to see if something has sold without logging on to that mule.
 Siren.Kantori
By Siren.Kantori 2008-07-15 06:05:54  
I understand that, I often do the same thing but I meant track just 1 IP per player/character for the whole day. I dunno, it's a suggestion.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-07-15 12:04:04  
No, each user can only cast one "vote" via click to a specific user in a day. Refreshing the page or continually clicking on the same user will not help your rating, and in some cases will actually harm it.

If a player is consistently at the top of the server rankings, it's likely because they're well-known for having an active sales history, they have a high accomplishment score (and therefore at the top of their server's accomplishment list links), do a lot of bazaar transactions through the site, or similar.
 Siren.Kantori
By Siren.Kantori 2008-07-15 17:41:46  
ah, ic, thanks Jaerik