Returning, BLU

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Returning, BLU
Returning, BLU
By Lariae 2016-02-27 15:38:34  
Hey guys, I'm a returning player after 2 years or so of being away, it took me a while to decide what exactly I wanted to do and I think BLU is gonna be it.. I eventually plan to make a Tizona, but for now im just working on getting geared up and learning all of the spells i can. At the moment I have sparks armor and bayld swords, and I've started to do Alluvion Skirmish (thank god for trusts..) I have seen the amazingly helpful main BLU threads but they seem to depict a "This is the best thing you can get." Which is nice but, beyond my reach for the moment. I've completed up to the 6 party trust KI in the newest mission set, but have to finish up a bunch of WOTG missions to continue there, so I figured i would work on my gear for a bit..

On to the question, How good is the Skirmish gear? Should I be focusing elsewhere or is it decent enough of an upgrade to go for? I feel so lost in this update it's a little frustrating.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-02-27 15:58:41  
Skirmish is good, but if you want to save some gil, I'd suggest skipping it if you can leech with friends in the new content.
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-02-27 17:01:35  
A lot of what we can suggest you do is going to come down to the level of help you're looking at having. Do you have a linkshell you're returning to, or any friends on your server? If so, you can honestly skip Alluvion Skirmish altogether and tag along with them on newer content. If you let us know what your options look like, we can get you some better gearing and progression advice.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2016-02-27 17:24:30  
If I was a returning blue what I would do is level support, go to asura join pugs as a support for reisenjima and T3 Sky. And done. At the end of the day you get your gears for blue, and have a support job.

If not, get skirmish gears, hope u can find some friends where they can carry you to get your blue gear. You (returning blue in skirmish sets) plus a Decent blue , paladin geo cor white Mage can beat some T1 reisenjima for gears.

Good luck.
By Lariae 2016-02-27 17:49:38  
Im returning and have joined a pretty active LS on Valefor, but my times are pretty wonky. So for a while at least I'm looking at having to solo content. To get into Reisenjima dont I need to progress much further in Rhapsodies? I intend to anyways at some point.. im just not looking forward to WOTG missions.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2016-02-27 18:03:09  
Yea u need to complete chapter 2. And for chapter 2 u have to progress to a certain point in wotg. I forgot where. But try to progress in rov first if y get stuck then go do wotg