フォーラム » FFXI » Escha » Reisenjima T4s
Reisenjima T4s
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 45 46 47
 Ragnarok.Kenshi
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: KenshiDRK
By Ragnarok.Kenshi 2017-04-24 15:15:20  
For Vinipata if you use pld you can holy circle your DD's before pop and sepulcher Vinipata for some more dmg.
By clearlyamule 2017-04-24 15:26:42  
Odin.Geriond said: »
They still are doing it some, and that's completely fine, as long as it's not so easy and safe that nearly everyone does it for most NMs, like they were before the nerf.
For the people who were serious and pay attention it hasn't changed too awful much just pretty annoying especially with groups of mobs when your pet decides to run to the furthest one.

But yeah bandwagoners and people watching youtube while playing gunna get rekt now which has certainly seen a decline in usage because of that. And multiboxing is definitely more annoying/harder if trying to remain safe unless you get to take advantage of certain mechanics that let you stay in range and not get hit. Of course they can and some have just switch to pup for less dmg but even greater survivability or smn for less survivability but a lot more dmg.
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-04-24 23:38:41  
Quote:
Announcing the Next Version Update (04/25/2017)

The next version update is scheduled for early May.

This update includes the next step in the escutcheon questline! Successfully complete the tasks laid out before you to earn an upgrade to your escutcheon.

Other features include a new Ark Angel alter ego, a smidgen of job adjustments, the monthly updates to Ambuscade, and more!

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.
 Asura.Azagarth
サーバ: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-04-24 23:58:21  
its clearly a mnk nerf.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-04-25 00:03:31  
You can't spell smidgen without SMN.

Wake up, sheeple.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-04-25 11:20:49  
Shiva.Arislan said: »
a smidgen of job adjustments
Me: "Not holding my breath"
Other me: "Starts updating MNK LUA"
[+]
 Asura.Sagaxi
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2017-04-25 11:24:21  
SMidg(af)N adjustements... Perdon my language. ^^
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-04-25 11:27:03  
calling it now, CHI blast for 99k inc! Will replace smn with alliance of 18 boosted mnks and 1 shot everything. Just to have SE do an emergency maintenance and nerf mnk even more than its sad status now.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Ruaumoko 2017-04-25 12:48:11  
It's pretty obvious it's a SMN nerf.

From what I gather the JP's have been in uproar over the exploit, so this is a foregone conclusion.
[+]
 Asura.Boogerballs
By Asura.Boogerballs 2017-04-25 12:51:36  
until the devs specifically say "were nerfing smm" its speculation and should be treated as such. now i gotta deal with dumbasses for the next few weeks complaining/praising something that may or may not happen. way to go facts I don't like
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2017-04-25 13:39:08  
They're just gonna give blm and sch native dual wield so that Nusku Sash makes sense... obviously
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-04-25 14:00:24  
Should give bst native dual wield so the lack of good shields and you are supposed to melee with your pets thing makes sense *grumble grumble*
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-04-25 14:54:47  
MNK updates will be something terribly inappropriate, like going up to an old lady trying to cross the street and spitting at her;

"We've heard your feedback about MNK. Victory smite will undergo the following changes: 70%CHR/30% MND.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-04-25 16:15:41  
Gotta raise the prices for Aeonics to get maximum gil while you can.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2017-04-25 16:44:57  
A few of my suggestions for fixing MNK.

MNK's damage-over-time with melee attacks is actually really good, it's just Hand-to-Hand weapon skills that suck horribly. Raise the fTP on the high level weapon skills and make fTP transfer on a handful of them. The main difference between Victory Smite and CDC, and the reason CDC is so much more powerful despite being similar, is that CDC has fTP transfer whereas Victory Smite does not.

Mantra needs to be adjusted so it cannot be removed with Dispel.

Rather than be completely reset upon a single miss Impetus's accumulated Accuracy, Attack, Critical Hit Rate and Critical Hit Damage values should be reduced by -1 or -2.

Just a few ideas.
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-04-25 16:53:09  
Ruaumoko said: »
A few of my suggestions for fixing MNK.

MNK's damage-over-time with melee attacks is actually really good, it's just Hand-to-Hand weapon skills that suck horribly. Raise the fTP on the high level weapon skills and make fTP transfer on a handful of them. The main difference between Victory Smite and CDC, and the reason CDC is so much more powerful despite being similar, is that CDC has fTP transfer whereas Victory Smite does not.

Mantra needs to be adjusted so it cannot be removed with Dispel.

Rather than be completely reset upon a single miss Impetus's accumulated Accuracy, Attack, Critical Hit Rate and Critical Hit Damage values should be reduced by -1 or -2.

Just a few ideas.

Would this still theoretically be the best weapon for MNK?

Bismarck.Zuidar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2017-04-25 16:57:50  
have to wait and see what they will have for job adjustments in the may update
 Ragnarok.Inx
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2017-04-25 18:29:55  
H2H WS need modifying in such a way as MNK is the primary beneficiary. No disrespect intended to PUPs, just that MNK needs to be a competitive DD or is functionally useless. PUP in its present state at least offers unique options via the auto.

All the hand-wringing about SMN is just super lame. The real deal is that BLM's utility in endgame has fallen off a cliff since the GEO nerf and created a vacuum that has had to be filled by other jobs that aren't so dependent on having a raft of buffs/debuffs up in order not to be resisted up the wazoo.

There's also the knock-on effect that gear that was formerly bis (HQ Abju sets) becoming redundant or at the least devalued by their relative lack m.acc compared to more easily obtainable pieces from Omen and even Ambuscade.

I dunno, maybe some of you guys think that the Geo-nerf was a great idea. Personally I think its just been an annoyance and has ultimately resulted in tactics like SMN zerging being developed.

Nerfs suck. Its just bad game-design to try and shape player activity by subtracting options.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-04-25 18:52:11  
The Geo nerf was fine because it effected everyone equally. It was less a nerf to Geo as a reshift of core formulas... SE's rationale behind it was pathetic. "We don't test sh*t so, uh, sorry for not listening to any of you/noticing this for 2+ years."
Geo is still needed for everything. But now people have to fit in one or two more buff jobs than before, bringing more to the table.

Nerfs targeted towards one job are dumb. They'd be dumb even if they got them right. But SE regularly shows us that their company motto is to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

It is as if they really believe product creation is like the FFXI crafting system... Do the same dumb sh*t 200 times in the hope that the outcome is magically good.
I wonder if they code only facing certain directions/during a certain moon phase... Hence the monthly updates.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-04-25 19:07:47  
So let's say they nerf SMN this update, what do you think it would be? i have some ideas that hopefully would shut up ppl:

- Avatar damage is halved by half (big hit) during AC but MP drain from BPs is halved as well (just a cookie so SMNs dont feel bad).
- If you have more than 1 SMN in party using AC, the damage is reduced by a lot (say 75%).
- The enemy build up big resistance against that particular BP if used more than 2 times in a row (this wouldnt hurt apogee JA)
- Make BP drain from BPs cost x2 under AC (this would effectively make a SMN doing 15-20 BPs under AC (if you are taru lol and have convert) do like 10 tops, this one is the most useless since u can just stack more SMNs.
- They force SMNs to stay 5" from the pet under AC status to do the BPs making them vulnerable to aoe severe hits like interference and the like.
- Make am3, AF and AC not stack with each other.

And now some hardcore:

- Total rework of the JA making it something else useless and totally removing the job category and giving SMN something useless instead.
- Massive nerf on volt strike, removing the multi-hit effect update and basically making it useless.
- Under AC, instead of MP the avatar would drain HP of the SMN (this one is kind of weak since other person can just heal you but would be funny if this happened tbh)

What do you think? any other ideas welcome even if they look crazy or whatever lol, i think a small correction in damage would be just enough but this is SE, when they nerf something they just destroy it (hello spur), make you fight next to your pet (hello bst) or make some of your spells suck (hello geo).
 Odin.Umopepisdn
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Umopepisdn 2017-04-25 19:10:51  
If they were to make the delay between BPs under AC more in line with BST ready moves, how would that effect SMN in theory?

Because I could totes see this happening.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-04-25 19:11:33  
i wouldn't be surprised if they made avatar attacks undergo a similar mechanics to nukes where the damage gets reduced if you do a bunch of them in a short period
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-04-25 19:11:52  
Ragnarok.Inx said: »
The real deal is that BLM's utility in endgame has fallen off a cliff
Uhm... MB strats still work? We still use them as primary method to kill T4s in Reisen.
They're not as effective as before, more noticeable on some mobs rather than other, they have steeper requirements but... they're pretty much viable?
 Odin.Umopepisdn
By Odin.Umopepisdn 2017-04-25 19:16:39  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Uhm... MB strats still work? We still use them as primary method to kill T4s in Reisen.
They're not as effective as before, more noticeable on some mobs rather than other, they have steeper requirements but... they're pretty much viable?

This^^ We still MB 3 of them and...
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-04-25 19:17:18  
I think the SMN nerf would be like this... Every time a SMN is invited to a party, a BLU gets its wings.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-04-25 19:22:52  
I can see SMN nerf being multiple SMN bp's having reduced effect, so as to not punish the lone SMN is some group's setup (cough.. ours)

I think the population is such that they really can't afford to alienate entire classes anymore.

A SMN nerf because the GEO nerf caused a chain reaction and a shif tin strat is pretty petty and unfair to SMNs.

I was actually thinking not a nerf with the job adjustments, but that they'd give back the lost Geo magical buff/debuff effectiveness to RDM or some other job.
 Odin.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-04-25 19:37:56  
Personally, I think Astral Conduit should be nerfed in some way (no other SP lets you put out 5+ minutes worth of output into 30 seconds), but buff up some of their support options in exchange, as I think they have some good potential as a second buffer in melee parties.

If Crystal Blessing, Diamond Storm, and Inferno Howl were buffed (in combination with them already having Hastega II), I think they'd have a solid niche as a DD/Support hybrid.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-04-25 19:44:57  
Prevent MP recovery from any source during conduit, a la meikyo. Increase blood pact cost by 50-100% during conduit. Still a decent damage rush if used for that, nothing else gets nerfed, still equally useful for things like mewing or squall.
 Ragnarok.Inx
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2017-04-25 19:51:59  
Asura.Sechs said: »

Greater requirements on support jobs to counteract the increased magic evasion changes party size/balance. This by itself effectively increases the target's HP (both effectively and numerically relatively) and lengthens the fight - which is a significant issue in a couple of instances.

Pre-nerf we burned Schah, Vini, Zerde, and Albumen. But these days Zerde is the sole holdout. Obviously I can't speak to everyone's experience but for our group we found that there's just too many variables to deal with at alliance scale to justify nuking.

We came to this conclusion at a point where we had significant experience with the fights, so I suspect groups new to them will have an even less fun time.
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 45 46 47