言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Incursion/Colada Strat PUG
Incursion/Colada Strat PUG
By lhova 2016-01-28 15:55:35  
Hello All,

I'm not going to spend 6m per sword to get Colada so I'm curious on what's the best setup to do the Incursion for the pops and then the NM in Reisen? Ideally low man but wouldn't mind going with 6. I'm going to be on BLU and I'm pretty well geared and skilled. Also if anyone else is interested in helping or need items please let me know. Let's keep our gilz in our pocketz!
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-01-28 16:05:17  
Am curious how you'd spend 6M per sword?

I kill Ironside with PLD WHM BLM SCH GEO w/ Thunder MB. I suspect you could CDC light SC.
 Phoenix.Libbien
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2016-01-28 16:19:39  
First of all... lol at 6m for colada

Secondly, Incursion itself is pretty easy, just don't aggro the zone (they have a huge aggro radius of ~30 yalms) and you should be fine. August can tank anything in there but a human pld is obviously preferred and any sort of dd should be fine for it. You don't have to get a crazy high lvl pop item as the drop rates are pretty bad regardless of lvl, but definitely try to build your pop to around 129/130 before you start spamming it. And if the Incursion campaign comes back, take advantage of it... it's amazing lol.

As for the IC, he is the easiest of the t2's, even easier than probably half of the t1's tbh. I've never tried him on blu, but on sch he is the bugard of t2's. No geo necessary if your gear is good enough, but obviously geo's speed it up. Nuke thunder start to finish and the fight will be over quickly. If your only job is blu, just bring the usual pld + geo with you to play it safe, maybe even a real whm instead of apururu/yoran if you're really nervous for some reason.
By lhova 2016-01-28 16:32:45  
I'm not going to spend 6m, but people have been shouting that they will sell the sword for 5m with pops or 6m without. I currently don't have an event shell (my time varies to much) and I haven't met a group of friends that I could do this with so I'm planning PUG shout's for it.

When you are talking about Incursion are you saying that a person can "solo" it with trusts or would I need a group? I haven't done it in so long so any links to a strat page would be greatly appreciated.

Also for IC, I was figuring that a SCH and BLM would be ideal to kill him or maybe add a Geo in addition to August and Whm trust and myself but I wasn't sure.
 Cerberus.Avalon
サーバ: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2016-01-28 16:49:07  
A SCH can solo Ironside, but at the least you can use one in a party with BLM and GEO for quick fragmentation spams.

As mentioned before, it's a really easy fight.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By lhova 2016-01-28 17:01:19  
Well my concern isn't IC so much as it is Incursion. When I looked at the thread on bg the forum dried up in Feb of last year. With the current updates and gear I'm not sure how "easy" it is now, killing NM's, leveling up KI, needing to leave if you get shitty adherents, etc. And in PUG groups if you fail 1 time, normally people end up having "things to do" when they had already agreed to spam, lol. I just want to get a feel for it before I shout and attempt to take it on.

Post deleted by User.
By lhova 2016-01-28 17:19:48  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Incursion is simply a snorfest with competent players (and geo, etc) with no tank all the way to around 130.

That being said it takes a lot of time to level up for more coffers due to walking around the whole cirdas zone with mass aggro and no map over and over.

So I ideally want to shout for someone who can bring the group into 129/130 and then spam it or I need to shout for people to help me build my KI. What typical setup do you need for KI/NM/MB fighting? Can I get away with GEO/BLU and WHM or maybe an extra DD and use trusts for the rest? Thanks Flop
 Bahamut.Foreverj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2016-01-28 17:20:04  
With how annoying incursion is and due to possible bad drop rate of coloda 6 million is a bargain. One group I was helpin was 10 fights without a coloda drop. And u gonna have to be a Mage or paladin for This fight. Super easy magic bursting

Post deleted by User.
By lhova 2016-01-28 17:40:16  
lhova said: »
Incursion is simply a snorfest with competent players (and geo, etc) with no tank all the way to around 130.

That being said it takes a lot of time to level up for more coffers due to walking around the whole cirdas zone with mass aggro and no map over and over.

So I ideally want to shout for someone who can bring the group into 129/130 and then spam it or I need to shout for people to help me build my KI. What typical setup do you need for KI/NM/MB fighting? Can I get away with GEO/BLU and WHM or maybe an extra DD and use trusts for the rest? Thanks Flop

Or 128 since PUG members suck. You will want a THF for TH in there. Healer, geos (forget cor or brd, velk dispel tp spam sucks) and dds.

Maybe you can lure people in who have higher tier pops for incursion with a farm then pop the NM sorta run, but that's a decently large maybe at that.

I'd only call 6m a bargain if you don't like working for easy items. Its not some abysmal drop either. Everyone should be used to how escha drops work after doing zitah and eacha.

I don't mind the work (hell what else am I going to do). Do you think a 6 person setup could do it?

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Ice
サーバ: Sylph
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2016-01-28 19:58:47  
For incursion, you can aggro every monster in the NM room and AoE nuke them down as BLU, as long as you have a healer. Carcharian Verve (sp?) pre-pull for aquaveil. Spectral Floe>Anvil Lightning>Entomb/Tenebral Crush. Makes it go by a lot quicker and smoother in my opinion.

As for Ironside, he's extremely easy. SCH can solo it with trusts. It's extremely weak to thunder magic, so can just make fragmentations and nuke/helix it down. As a BLU you can just spam light on it and have a mage or two just burst it down. Definitely not worth 6M per sword, considering they're not very good until you get really decent augments on them.