フォーラム » Windower » Support » Windower 4 Failing to Launch
Windower 4 Failing to Launch
 Bismarck.Novalye
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Novalye
By Bismarck.Novalye 2015-11-26 15:21:56  
Hi all,

I'm having some problems getting Windower 4 to launch after a fresh install of the Ultimate Collection from the PlayOnline website. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, and I've tried running as administrator. I installed Windower 4 and it wouldn't launch. I realized that I still had Windower installed from two years ago and uninstalled it. I also uninstalled Windower 4 and reinstalled it just to be safe, hoping to get rid of any settings that may have remained from Windower. Still, the problem persists.

I'm experiencing two different problems, depending on what I do:

1. I launch Windower 4's default profile with "Auto-detect region" selected. It successfully launches PlayOnline, but the PlayOnline box is just white. And then it freezes when I click anything else. This is what it looks like: http://i.imgur.com/dydnI61.png

2. I launch Windower 4's default profile with "US Region" selected, and it continues looping the "Launching PlayOnline" animation at the Windower splash screen. No freeze, but an infinite loop of the program trying to launch POL.

In summary: I figured it might be because I had Windower and Windower 4, but I uninstalled and deleted Windower and did a fresh install of 4. Now I have no idea what the problem is. I'm on a fresh install of the Collector's Edition available from the POL website. The game launches and plays fine in the original full-screen mode.

Any help would be appreciated! I'm out of ideas.
By Zephin 2015-11-26 15:29:46  
Did you start the install with the special windows 7 version of playonline? Square Enix has it somewhere on their site.

Have to uninstall everything, install the special windows 7 version, make sure you get the one for your region. Then install all the other stuff. Do not update playonline before installing the rest.

Just did this yesterday, was not fun.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/download/media/vista02.html?pageID=media
this is the link
 Bismarck.Novalye
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Novalye
By Bismarck.Novalye 2015-12-02 02:12:11  
An update: That was one of the first solutions I tried, but it still didn't work. I decided it was probably best to do a reformat, and everything is working fine now!