フォーラム » Everything Else » Tech Support » FFXI gamepad config problem
FFXI gamepad config problem
 Bahamut.Samunai
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2015-11-21 13:50:23  
Hi!

Ive been playing this week w/ my gamepad on 11 (lets say- free log-in campaign) and , besides 1 assigned button not working, everything else did work. The right buttons worked as i assigned them. Suddenly, today, that stopped.

Ive searched google, and this forum and several other fora to get this solved but i did not solve it!

Problem:
In FF14 and in Windows Devices my gamepad works PROPERLY - no problems.
In 11 stuff gets mixxed up, like behind the scene the wires are crossed.

In my windows devices i see that a button i press is called '1' but in ffxi config this button is suddenly '4'. With some time and trial/error i got the 'right' combination down to what i feel like are the right buttons assigned to the right actions.
BUT thats not the 'real' problem. if XOsquaretrianlge works > my gamePADs dont work (movement/camera/menu buttons). If THEY work, the XOsquaretriangle buttons DONT work. < problem no.1

Problem no.2
If i try to configure my MOVEMENT and MENU buttons, they have several issues and if not combined issues. If 1 works, lets say i configured MOVEMENT correctly (im content with it), the MENU buttons DO NOT work (so no input registered).... aaaand vice versa.
For MOVEMENT and CAMERA , when i configure UP/DOWN or LEFT/RIGHT as ...correctly... they swap either of them (never both). so i know i clicked left and it still acts to right (reversed w/o asking / intended).

Also, maybe something to take into consider. I clicked the box 'enable sound' in POL off, so no sounds should be played- and guess what. it still plays the annoying POL sound on startup. so w/e i do to POL configuration , it does not take effect.

this SUDDENLY happened, i didnt do anything.

i have:
reinstalled my gamepad. > no updates available (installed all)
checked in other games if my gamepad worked correctly- it does.
googled my a** off, didnt find any similar problem and thus.. cannot fix it w/ help from google.
checked this website, same as ^
restarted my PC > didnt fix any of the above described problems.
its not the USconfig/EUconfig.exe swap issue (that i configure in the wrong .exe)

please, can someone/anyone help me. im not a noob but also not an expert if it comes down to PCs. (< this will tell you i did try alot of things but bc i aint no expert i cannot fix it T_T)
By Jetackuu 2015-11-21 14:03:00  
There's some other things people tried in here:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/47705/ffxi-and-x360-wireless-gamepad-after-xinput-patch/3/

But personally I haven't solved it myself yet, as two of the issues are definitely on the SE side, I've just been using direct-input the way I have been.

What controller are you using?

Also: hello, long time.
 Bahamut.Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2015-11-21 14:20:06  
i have a logitech gamepad F310

aND mind you, it worked perfectly and i dont use that ***MiJ crap (took forever to get it off my pc..........)

and hi!
By Jetackuu 2015-11-21 14:26:15  
Shouldn't need any software to use it for XI, just switch the switch on the back to D before you start XI and you should be good )well you'd have to config it with XI's config of course).

Then just switch it back to X mode for your other games.

Probably not the best solution, but as the implementation of x-input support is apparently not 100% yet, I just would avoid using it.

Since I believe the x-input mode of that uses the M$ drivers to function, the custom drivers for the wired controller should also function for the x-input mode of that, but that very well could possibly would probably bork your other games, so I'd avoid that method.

I've long since stopped using motioninjoy, yeah it is crap, and there's better alternatives for PS3 controllers now.

:D
 Bahamut.Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2015-11-21 14:49:52  
it worked last week and i used Xinput....so i assume that is what you mean not 100% functioning but i deleted the files and this happened:

deleted 3 files, in the main FFXI folder, in US and EU folder.

they did not return after i reconfigured...
also
i configured in EU and in US. EU configures NORMALLY and 'test' works good! but...bc it doesnt save it i cannot copy it to US.
also
US configures it still crap.... i can only configure 2/3 things (movement/menu/camera) in US :\
By fillerbunny9 2015-11-21 14:53:16  
I had to do a clean install thanks to screen tearing, and setting up my controller again was a nightmare. I had to cave and actually use the Xinput for my 360 controller to function with XI, but thankfully I had a similar button layout before and I am just having to get used to having my Autorun on a shoulder and Cancel/Confirm switched. why they waited this long to "address" controller issues is simply ridiculous.
By Jetackuu 2015-11-21 15:04:07  
Menu movement won't configure properly for me in the US menu, but you should only need to configure for the client you're using.

(Although they won't configure, they will still function in game.)

The only thing that I don't have working is the confirm/cancel buttons are hard set, regardless of what I set them to, and they're backwards).

Now if you deleted files and a file check won't recover them, either copying them from another source or reinstalling is the only method that I can think of to restore them.
By Jetackuu 2015-11-21 15:07:25  
fillerbunny9 said: »
I had to do a clean install thanks to screen tearing, and setting up my controller again was a nightmare. I had to cave and actually use the Xinput for my 360 controller to function with XI, but thankfully I had a similar button layout before and I am just having to get used to having my Autorun on a shoulder and Cancel/Confirm switched. why they waited this long to "address" controller issues is simply ridiculous.

http://ledyba.org/bkup/xbox360driver/x360wc/index.html

uninstall/delete the 360 drivers, install those, uncheck the x-input, configure as desired (for wireless controller mind you).
 Bahamut.Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2015-11-21 15:15:53  
its not wireless and also not an xbox controller (< idk if that matters)?
 Bahamut.Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2015-11-21 15:17:06  
Jetackuu said: »
Menu movement won't configure properly for me in the US menu, but you should only need to configure for the client you're using.

(Although they won't configure, they will still function in game.)

The only thing that I don't have working is the confirm/cancel buttons are hard set, regardless of what I set them to, and they're backwards).

Now if you deleted files and a file check won't recover them, either copying them from another source or reinstalling is the only method that I can think of to restore them.
i got the copied to my desktop so i just re-copy them back to the folder
By fillerbunny9 2015-11-21 15:25:13  
the problem I ran into was the D-pad. at this point, I can adapt to Confirm/Cancel within a day or two of play, it was more an echo of frustration/issues with the game and the changes they have made. -_-
By Jetackuu 2015-11-21 15:26:53  
Bahamut.Samunai said: »
its not wireless and also not an xbox controller (< idk if that matters)?
That bit was for them. Like this is:

fillerbunny9 said: »
the problem I ran into was the D-pad. at this point, I can adapt to Confirm/Cancel within a day or two of play, it was more an echo of frustration/issues with the game and the changes they have made. -_-

When I configured the d-pad in x-input mode it wouldn't configure properly in the ffxiconfig menu, but it still worked fine in game. I just went like it was, and tried it, and it worked. But that was using native drivers, I use another VM where I have the 360 controller connected with the custom drivers I linked for you, working in direct-input mode and it works great, even with "triggers" (R2/L2).
By Jetackuu 2015-11-21 15:32:27  
Bahamut.Samunai said: »
i got the copied to my desktop so i just re-copy them back to the folder
Then again, I'd just turn off x-input, and use the controller in "D" mode for XI, it works great, and don't need any other software to get it to work. I'm not sure what caused it to stop working, I'm just as surprised that it worked 100% in the first place.

When SE can get their FFXI config and the in game settings to be 100% the same without swapping buttons it would be easier to diagnose.
 Bahamut.Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2015-11-21 16:31:46  
ive got it sorta to work. AB and CD are swapped instead of only AB (as example) but the rest works so ill just have to get used to it

didnt try R2/L2 , they indeed have stopped working too bc i used my auto-run on L2 and it never worked since i began playing again :\

anyways; you also know why i cannot configure POL itself to 'sound-off'? i unchecked the enable box but that doesnt work. can i see this as the same issue as w/ the gamepads? :(
 Bahamut.Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2015-11-21 16:33:00  
oh and how i got it to work?

i had no game pad whatsoever when i had the dll file deleted from the main ffxi folder (so not eu/us folders). but when i put it back in the ffxi folder, and didnt touch 1 thing like you did Jet, it sorta worked. so lets hope SE fixxes this SOON
By Jetackuu 2015-11-21 17:29:47  
No idea on the sound, but I do know for a fact that the D input mode on that controller works fine with x-input disabled, 100%, and as long as you aren't trying to alt-tab between other games, it should be a decently effective solution.
 Bahamut.Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2015-11-21 17:37:52  
its actually ONLY working w/ Xinput xD
By Jetackuu 2015-11-25 13:48:15  
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/49120-Game-pad-and-FFXiPadConfig-not-working-correctly/page4

Quote:
We're aware of the issue where manually assigning buttons to a gamepad isn't working properly within FFXI. The development team will be addressing this in the December version update.

Additionally, XInput does not work inside of the PlayOnline viewer; this is working as intended.

At the bottom of that page^

Just an fyi.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
サーバ: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-11-25 14:03:23  
Jetackuu said: »
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/49120-Game-pad-and-FFXiPadConfig-not-working-correctly/page4

Quote:
We're aware of the issue where manually assigning buttons to a gamepad isn't working properly within FFXI. The development team will be addressing this in the December version update.

Additionally, XInput does not work inside of the PlayOnline viewer; this is working as intended.

At the bottom of that page^

Just an fyi.

Awesome. I'm glad they are addressing this. Currently I use an Xbox 360 controller for other PC games, but I have to keep my old Logitech for XI only. Once they fix this, the Logitech goes away.
By Jetackuu 2015-11-25 14:19:45  
Eh, I have several controllers, and I'm just pleased that others can get working easier. I'll probably stay on my direct input on my vms, because why not?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [47 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Natenn
サーバ: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2016-01-11 15:15:51  
So im having same kind of problem, got a new Logitech f310 and i mapped it in config, every button works in test gamepad, but when i get in game every button works except the RIGHT Dpad for menus, everything else works. What is the problem?
By Sidiov 2016-01-11 15:20:00  
Asura.Natenn said: »
So im having same kind of problem, got a new Logitech f310 and i mapped it in config, every button works in test gamepad, but when i get in game every button works except the RIGHT Dpad for menus, everything else works. What is the problem?
Thats weird, I have the same gamepad been using for years with no problems. However I have had a couple times where similar things happened and I tracked it down to the edge screen scrolling option inside the game being on, maybe disable that?
 Asura.Natenn
サーバ: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2016-01-11 15:36:14  
whats that option under?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [697 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.