users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Khatvanga Staff
Khatvanga Staff
 Cerberus.Avalon
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-11-10 13:40:29  
It's certainly a beautiful staff, but I'm struggling to see any utility for SMN. Perhaps an upgrade/augment system in the future will change things.

[+]
 Bismarck.Herzins
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Herzins
By Bismarck.Herzins 2015-11-10 13:46:12  
/lockstyle!
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2015-11-10 13:55:08  
SMN melee!
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-11-10 13:59:12  
Skjalfeirdotter said: »
SMN melee!

Apparently! I certainly don't see anything else to benefit a Summoner - unless the special weapon skill(s) performed by the user applies to Avatars in some capacity.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-11-10 14:13:17  
Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Skjalfeirdotter said: »
SMN melee!

Apparently! I certainly don't see anything else to benefit a Summoner - unless the special weapon skill(s) performed by the user applies to Avatars in some capacity.

Hey, don't knock meleeing....yesterday while helping a friend get Nibiru Blade my meleeing killed Nosoi.

Note to self: fix melee set in GS so it includes minimal perp gear. ><
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-11-10 14:13:57  
Verda said: »
The weird part is that it's part of the aftermath. Actually, that may only be the damage multiplier for the skillchain itself, but this says it will increase burst damage too... seems to me avatar would benefit from that.

Edit: Ok had to find the exacts:
Quote:
A two-stage skillchain (created by two Weapon Skills) will result in a 30% increase in magic damage on the magic burst.
All stages beyond that will result in an additional 5% damage increase on magic bursted spells (a three-stage skillchain will yield a 35% damage increase, four-stage will yield a 40% damage increase, etc.).

So length of chain rather than tier affects MB. However, since this says it increases magic burst potency... not sure if it's some aftermath buff or part of the skillchain itself. I'd lean toward skillchain itself in which case avatars magic bursts would be affected.

An indirect side effect (Avatar bursting a mage-generated MB) doesn't justify the lack of significance in pursuing this Aeonic for SMN. I mean, there are absolutely ZERO pet/avatar stats on this (base) weapon.

Is the November update items list current?
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-11-10 14:20:40  
I'm really hoping that they're going to make it so that this staff is actually useful, granting pet bonuses, instead of making it sort of useless, unless you want to get in there and melee for this ultimate SC business.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-11-10 14:28:56  
Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
I'm really hoping that they're going to make it so that this staff is actually useful, granting pet bonuses, instead of making it sort of useless, unless you want to get in there and melee for this ultimate SC business.

I hope so too, because as of now, these two are brother and sister.

[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-11-10 14:39:21  
Verda said: »
If those two are sisters, then what is the relic staff?

Waste of gil. :S