New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Adoulin » Apex Camps
Apex Camps
 Sylph.Braden
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Braden 2016-06-11 14:55:30  
I'll head there next time to check stats. There's also Apex Bhoots in case anyone missed those guys.
 Shiva.Siviard
サーバ: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-06-11 15:04:33  
The Bhoots were there too, but we didn't mess with them.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-06-11 22:56:00  
Oh so many more Apex mobs then I thought, gives me hope that maybe we can find some more 128~130's and stop always beating up on crabs or big bats.
 Asura.Baddog
user: Maddog
By Asura.Baddog 2016-06-12 01:45:51  
Crab aspir is so nice tho. Wonder what kind of set up would work on the 137-139 mobs to get 30+ chains, you would probably be near capped job points anyways to do it effectively.

Honor march, idris, afterglow weapons to get your job points for your job that should have been mastered before you got those items.
By Matic 2016-06-24 17:45:44  
Really appreciate this thread,had been avoiding apex mobs but decided to go try and solo one in moh gates on my piddling 400JP/rawhide/claid BLU. Turns out I'm able to pretty easily chain them for better cp/hr than anywhere else. I think I could do about 50JP/hr with rings ,was too tired to really do anything but test out a few mobs last night.

But yeah, 20-28k per mob with ring is pretty damn nice when kills are around 2 min each,and its not even a far run back after switching out rings.

Unfortunately when i went back again i found that the non-ring cp/hr is probably worse than other options. 8k per 2min kill is less exciting than 25k. And it is a far enough run back to be kind of annoying. Still, definitely my top choice for when i just want to burn some rings, and now I think i'm ready to make some apex groups.
By Yandaime 2016-07-01 16:10:26  
Is there a severe CP per kill jump for Mob level? I killed a Apex Eft (126) And only got almost 6000 CP on my GEO Mule with a good chunk of boosts and 670 JPs already

I ask because I see you guys quoting 20k+ per kill.

I'm just trying to push my GEO mule to 2100 asap, what's a very lucrative solo friendly Apex that a well-geared player can go swing at?
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-07-01 16:33:04  
Apex crabs and pugils.
By Matic 2016-07-01 17:59:28  
I've been killing apex crawlers, on the same map as the efts, which I avoid because they dispel my leet buffs and stun me. Crawlers effectively only have cocoon, which i can just power through or have trusts dispel. Raptors would be ideal targets, except that they are mixed in with matamatas, so f the entirety of that noise.

The 20-28k numbers I quoted are only with trizek ring, just to be clear. Non ring numbers start around 8-9k and by chain 3ish hit 10-11k.

Its hard to justify grinding apex without trizek at that rate when I can probably do better killing lower level mobs faster, while also getting silt/eschalixirs/vorseals.

Apex Crawler kills are between 1-2 minutes for me at 10-11k per kill, so i'd have to kill maybe 4-5 reisenjima mobs in that time to break even i think? I havent cp'd in reisenjima in awhile, so i'm unsure of how it compares for me atm, but i'd imagine i'd get better non-ring cp/hr there, especially if my cleaving set was a little better. But for just burning a couple rings apex is great.

And tbh, usually after i burn through 4 trizeks, fast as it may be, i'm ready to go do something else anyway.

For reference, i am playing a ~450JP BLU,with most of the RoE cp bonuses (havent finished wotg yet for some reason even though i'm like 3 bcnms away from a moonshade, and havent done the 2 other city story missions). I also don't use kupofried or a cp cape, but I always roll* with Qultada.

Idk,the more I think about this, the more i think i'm suffering from a big numbers cognitive bias. I also recently updated a lot of my gear, which may be leading me to a false comparison (ie comparing my performance on reisenjima mobs a month ago to my performance on apex mobs now is pretty clearly misleading).

Gonna go cleave some gates mobs tonight and see how that measures up to apex.

*unintentional pun. you're welcome.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [38 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-08-09 02:44:07  
Me and my new friend Onionknight went down to Ra'kaznar to mess with some 139 undead on PUP to see how it would go.

It seems that evasion on 139 mobs is right around 1400, which is very doable.

Then we found this and killed it.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-08-09 10:55:03  
Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Me and my new friend Onionknight went down to Ra'kaznar to mess with some 139 undead on PUP to see how it would go.

DAMN! So 1400 seems to be the magic number for 137-139 Apex mobs now. Excellent! Would be fun to MNK burn the skeletons just like the old days. Maybe a setup of PLD, MNK x2, BRD, WHM, and GEO would do well on them?

And yes I know MNK is useless in endgame content nowadays, but still worth getting JP on it in the case MNK does become relevant in the future.
By Nocki 2016-08-09 11:12:23  
Shiva.Siviard said: »

DAMN! So 1400 seems to be the magic number for 137-139 Apex mobs now. Excellent! Would be fun to MNK burn the skeletons just like the old days. Maybe a setup of PLD, MNK x2, BRD, WHM, and GEO would do well on them?

And yes I know MNK is useless in endgame content nowadays, but still worth getting JP on it in the case MNK does become relevant in the future.
The kill speed in that party setup would be too slow to keep chain even with the longer window for higher ilvl.

I accuracy checked the Outer Rakaz Apex the day that accuracy was changed, was hoping no one would think about it so I could have 1 camp to myself =(

80% accuracy on 136 is 1330ish
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-08-09 11:35:10  
Nocki said: »

The kill speed in that party setup would be too slow to keep chain even with the longer window for higher ilvl.

I accuracy checked the Outer Rakaz Apex the day that accuracy was changed, was hoping no one would think about it so I could have 1 camp to myself =(

80% accuracy on 136 is 1330ish

You don't know unless you experiment! That's why science is so fun!

I figure, 3-song BRD doing x2 Madrigals and 1 March, GEO using Indi-Haste & Geo-Torpor should be able to sufficiently buff accuracy. WHM for heals. The only possible problem would be Blood Saber, but a quick Curaga should be able to fix that.

When I was experimenting with Trulusia & Onion last night, the 137-139 mobs seemed to have about the same HP total as the Apex mobs in Moh Gates. The only difference being higher evasion and defense. If the MNKs can get into a good rhythm and are properly buffed, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to at least get a decent Chain going even without mages there to MB.
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-08-09 12:03:16  

Why are you guys talking as if you're not in the same ls? >_>
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-08-09 12:05:29  
Shiva.Hiep said: »

Why are you guys talking as if you're not in the same ls? >_>

Um, we ARE in the same LS now, Hiep. See my previous post where I said I was with them earlier that night, but had to log off.
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-08-09 12:08:46  
Reread what I said
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-08-09 12:11:18  
What I meant was, why are you talking on forums to each other when you're in the same LS lol
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-08-09 12:13:42  
What I meant was, why are you talking on forums to each other when you're in the same LS lol

And please re-read what I said. I was with them earlier in the evening, but had to log for the night. They continued on and were able to determine the amount of Acc. needed after I had logged.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-08-09 12:22:00  

Old habits die hard I guess.
[+]
By Nocki 2016-08-09 17:36:19  

I figure, 3-song BRD doing x2 Madrigals and 1 March, GEO using Indi-Haste & Geo-Torpor should be able to sufficiently buff accuracy. WHM for heals. The only possible problem would be Blood Saber, but a quick Curaga should be able to fix that.

When I was experimenting with Trulusia & Onion last night, the 137-139 mobs seemed to have about the same HP total as the Apex mobs in Moh Gates. The only difference being higher evasion and defense. If the MNKs can get into a good rhythm and are properly buffed, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to at least get a decent Chain going even without mages there to MB.

Now that you've mentioned that there won't be any frailty, I find it even less likely that you'd manage to kill then within the 40 second window for chain 30+
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-08-09 18:05:58  
Nocki said: »

Now that you've mentioned that there won't be any frailty, I find it even less likely that you'd manage to kill then within the 40 second window for chain 30+

I was taking into consideration the Skeleton weakness towards blunt dmg. However, if x2 Madrigal provides enough accuracy for the DD, then yeah by all means, Frailty.
By maldini 2016-08-09 18:14:18  
MNK/DNCs can do it, dual wielding clubs > more dmg than mythic/empyrean/relic.

MNK/MNK/BRD/COR/GEO/RDM

That's how sad MNK is at the moment.. dual wielding clubs on blunt weak mobs is more dmg than their ultimate weapons...

*** SE
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [49 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-09-27 07:26:23  
My apologies for the necro....

A friend and I decided to play with Apex Draugars (137-139) for science.

He was GEO, I was MNK/DNC. Not many JP into it. With Sublime Sushi, had accuracy ~1260. With Indi-Precision (non-Idris but 900+) my accuracy got up to 1330.

At 1330 accuracy, Lv. 137 Apex Draugar lose their "high evasion" check, which means ~80% accuracy. There are, however, THF Draugars and naturally their evasion is much higher but with Geo-Languor (Eva. Down) they were hittable. There are also mage (guessing BLM?) and DRK Draugars which are much less evasive. Since it seemed like 1320 accuracy was the magic number for 137, I'll wager a guess that 1350 is needed for 138, and 1380 for 139.

So this camp IS viable for a CP party with proper support.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [65 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-11-30 20:05:10  
So I misread the campaign dates and thought it ended tonight rather than this morning or whatever. Anyway, I figured I'd try out Outter Ra'kaznar.

No CP back, no ring, no COR roll. No Campaign -.-

The bats are extremely weak, I was killing them solo in a 4 step chain on DNC(Had a COR+GEO mule team). They are however somewhat evasive. Capped accuracy is 1363 on the most evasive bats. Very easy to pull them and avoid Ironclads. I will probably do all of my CP on Ranger at this camp, maybe even outside of the campaign honestly.

The biggest downside is that it takes for goddamn ever to get to the camp. If anyone else can figure out a faster way to get here rather than running from the Enigmatic Device, please share. The run to camp is the only thing that's stopping me from making this my default camp.
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-11-30 21:22:39  
The walk ain't that bad, it's only 10-15 minutes for what's essentially the perfect camp. No one ever goes there, there's no aggro or links, the bats are weak to piercing and every element except dark, they can only sorta hurt one person at a time and use no buffs and no real enfeebles, they give more CP per kill than Gates things, and there's 16 of em.

There's four crystal teleporter thingies around Outer that send you back to the entrance. Touching them gives you some message about activation or registration, I forget. I tried seeing if there's some sort of waypoint system, but if there is, it's not as simple as "check all the things" 'cause that didn't do anything.
By Nyarlko 2016-12-01 01:47:00  
Apex Bat there are 133-136 and caps at 1410acc for the 136s.

There is no way to warp to the crystals so far :(

I love this camp, but always have issues getting anyone to join me due to the travel time and acc req's being so much higher than other camps. Trusts being mostly useless on them doesn't help increase the appeal to others either.. >_<

Spectacular solo/duo spot tho :D
By Pantafernando 2016-12-01 01:47:12  
I personally like to cp with jagils in woh gates, thats lower lv than outer rakaznar but higher than dho gates, and tbf i didnt noticed much difference in cp compared to rakaznar, and are quite fast to get there (marjami #4, right after the first reive in the way. Just the difference in time between getting to jagils and to get in bats camp is enough to make hard to beat woh gates (unless youre planning to cp for lots of time).

About setup against jagils, i used 3 blus, healer, geo and brd. Brd is kinda important to dispel jagils defense up buff otherwise cdc will do low dmg. Even using a gimp geo (once i brought a geo with 88 combined skill plus nepote bell), it wasnt hard dealing 15k+ on cdc with skillchain going to 25k+.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-12-01 07:31:40  
Nyarlko said: »

When did you last check this? Evasion was somewhere around that number prior to the AGI change, but when I was doing my initial scouting after the AGI change I didn't find anything with evasion that high. I'll got out with battlemod again and double check evasion later I suppose. I didn't bother parsing myself last night, but at 1367 accuracy I didn't have any issues with any mob.
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-12-01 09:41:29  
I found out their evasion right after the evasion update, although I never got the updated values for the other Apex mobs (and still haven't started in Inner):

Sylph.Braden said: »
Apex Bat Lv134: 1351 > 1257 (-94 Evasion)
Apex Bat Lv135: 1387 > 1290 (-97 Evasion)
Apex Bat Lv136: 1423 > 1322 (-101 Evasion)

Also Impact and Frost have no effect on Evasion on these mobs, but they DO affect the evasion of lower level mobs. I've been meaning to find out where AGI stops affecting Evasion since that'd give us a very precise range for AGI on nearly all Apex mobs.

Anyway, 1362 gets you to 95% hit rate on these guys. With NQ Sublime and Ionis, you'd need 1237, which is pretty easy for any well-geared melee to hit with buffs.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-12-01 11:03:20  
Nyarlko said: »

When did you last check this? Evasion was somewhere around that number prior to the AGI change, but when I was doing my initial scouting after the AGI change I didn't find anything with evasion that high. I'll got out with battlemod again and double check evasion later I suppose. I didn't bother parsing myself last night, but at 1367 accuracy I didn't have any issues with any mob.

Tru, if you're online later today, I'd love to join you in a party. Would my RDM be helpful for the cause?
By Bahadir 2016-12-01 14:38:08  
As we know its hard to give absolut CP numbers for comparison as every1 has different CP buffs and CP gifts. But to be able to compare the different apex camps I went to all of them and killed something solo with trusts to get an estimate of the CP/kill you start at.

No CP campaign, no ring, no Cor Roll, no Kupofried, all but one CP gift and all CP buffs know to me except for cheers yielded the following numbers:

Moh Raptor: 11~12k (100% of Moh)
Sih Leech: 11~12k (100% of Moh)
Dho Bats: 14~15k (~130% of Moh)
Woh Jagil: 17~18k (~150% of Moh)
Outer Bat: 21~22k (~190% of Moh)
Inner Poxhound: 26~27k (~240% of Moh)

I dont have windower or anything so I couldnt check the levels of the mobs I fought. So might ve been lower or upper end but at least we can get a rough idea.

Another matter: I went to Inner Apex Camp via Morimar -> Moh -> Inner as mentioned in the OP but I found barely any of the mobs mentioned. Instead I found Apex Corse, Cyhiraeth, Draugar (lots of them) Poxhounds, Narakas and Bhoots. Did they change Apex mobs down here or is there another Apex camp?