Aurorastorm Testing?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Aurorastorm Testing?
Aurorastorm Testing?
First Page 2

| Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-10-08 06:39:23  
Quote:
Korin Obi = 10% Bonus to heals while under Aurorastorm
Twilight Cape = 5% Bonus to heals while under Aurorastorm
Chatoyant Staff = Additional 10% Bonus to heals while under Aurorastorm

Close.
Korin Obi forces any Weather/Day based bonus to take effect.
Chatoyant Staff has several bonuses. 10% Cure Effect, 15% Weather Affinity bonus, and 10% Iridescence bonus. Weather Affinity and Iridescence are separate bonuses, and active randomly when there is no weather active. However, if you have weather up, Korin Obi forces both of those to active, giving 25% bonus to curing.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-10-08 10:21:14  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Chatoyant Staff has several bonuses. 10% Cure Effect, 15% Weather Affinity bonus, and 10% Iridescence bonus. Weather Affinity and Iridescence are separate bonuses, and active randomly when there is no weather active. However, if you have weather up, Korin Obi forces both of those to active, giving 25% bonus to curing.
That's not right.

Chatoyant, with regards to curing, has:
+5MND +5VIT
"Cure" Potency +10%
"Iridescence" (10% boost to weather, when procing with regular weather, eg: forced with obi, is a 20% boost to damage and cure potency.)
(Magic Affinity doesn't affect cure potency)

So in regards to cure formula:
BASE*(x+y+.1 | maximum x = 1.4)*(1.2)
(MND and VIT contribute to BASE... but are so minimal... I give no ***. Healing Magic skill is a 1:1 base power increase and should always be favored over MND... which is 2x better than VIT... which is terrible.)

Mind you, that's with Obi only. With Twilight cape, that becomes:
BASE*(x+y+.1 | maximum x = 1.4)*(1.25)

Which if we assume "Cure" potency II is just 2% (eg just earring), then with maximum cure potency, obi, cape, and Chatoyant:
BASE*1.52*1.25 or BASE*1.9

That's almost a 2x potency increase.
Ironically, Iridal staff is basically just as potent. 1 less MND and 1 less VIT mean that all you lose compared to Chatoyant is 3/4th of a single point of BASE power. Literally less than one healing magic skill... which will most likely get floored to 0 difference anyways.

Which all ultimately means:
Unless you can get more than 40% "Cure" potency II... (Full Kaykaus+1 only gives +16% "Cure" potency II with Glorious Earring. +18% with Glorious Earring and Queller Rod. And that means no 6%MP return from Ebers Pantaloons+1.) Chatoyant or Iridal staff will be BiS with Obi and Twilight cape.
At least on every day that isn't darksday....
At least for maximum cure power anyways.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
サーバ: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-10-08 10:59:27  
Don't forget you're also forfeiting 2% Cure Potency II from Queller's Rod in order to equip the Chatoyant, so it's not just the cure power you're losing even if you keep potency capped at 50%. I think that may skew the numbers slightly in terms of where the line is drawn, though I'm sure it won't be an impediment to Chatoyant being BiS.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-10-08 11:43:56  
Why not Darksday too? Wouldn't you just use the normal obi and not the combined obi for cures?
 Sylph.Safiyyah
サーバ: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-10-08 12:02:20  
Interesting. I hadn't thought about how access to Aurorastorm would affect WHM cure set. Looks like I'll finally have to touch my WHM gear.

This will change Curaga sets too, yeah?

edit: I'd swap out Kuchekula Ring for a Zodiac's Ring. That's an additional 3%, right?
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-10-09 01:43:05  
Asura.Alfylicious said: »
That all being said it would be good to point out that bringing Mushroom/Witch Stew to events gives us even more room to play with since they give you

MP +40/45
Strength -1
Mind +4
MP Regeneration while Resting +4
Enmity -4
180/240 Minutes

What do you guys think?

Sadly, hardly anyone ever crafts them :( Does any newer NPC sell this thing? Afaik, curio moogles don't. There are several NPCs in Adoulin who sells food. One of them might have it.

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Why not Darksday too? Wouldn't you just use the normal obi and not the combined obi for cures?

Light obi would still force darksday penalty.

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
I'd swap out Kuchekula Ring for a Zodiac's Ring. That's an additional 3%, right?

Yes, but only on lightsday in case of curing. It doesn't help when you only force weather bonus.
 Leviathan.Protey
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-10-09 02:50:21  
Verda said: »
FaeQueenCory said: »
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
That's not right.

Chatoyant, with regards to curing, has:
+5MND +5VIT
"Cure" Potency +10%
"Iridescence" (10% boost to weather, when procing with regular weather, eg: forced with obi, is a 20% boost to damage and cure potency.)
(Magic Affinity doesn't affect cure potency)

So in regards to cure formula:
BASE*(x+y+.1 | maximum x = 1.4)*(1.2)
(MND and VIT contribute to BASE... but are so minimal... I give no ***. Healing Magic skill is a 1:1 base power increase and should always be favored over MND... which is 2x better than VIT... which is terrible.)

Mind you, that's with Obi only. With Twilight cape, that becomes:
BASE*(x+y+.1 | maximum x = 1.4)*(1.25)

Which if we assume "Cure" potency II is just 2% (eg just earring), then with maximum cure potency, obi, cape, and Chatoyant:
BASE*1.52*1.25 or BASE*1.9

That's almost a 2x potency increase.
Ironically, Iridal staff is basically just as potent. 1 less MND and 1 less VIT mean that all you lose compared to Chatoyant is 3/4th of a single point of BASE power. Literally less than one healing magic skill... which will most likely get floored to 0 difference anyways.

Which all ultimately means:
Unless you can get more than 40% "Cure" potency II... (Full Kaykaus+1 only gives +16% "Cure" potency II with Glorious Earring. +18% with Glorious Earring and Queller Rod. And that means no 6%MP return from Ebers Pantaloons+1.) Chatoyant or Iridal staff will be BiS with Obi and Twilight cape.
At least on every day that isn't darksday....
At least for maximum cure power anyways.

Some questions then some points, I can't find on the wiki anywhere where it says much about cure potency 2, in fact in the cure formula page it's entirely not mentioned. Is cure potency 2 a multiplier to cure potency 1 or does it add to is. I.E.
if you have 30% cure potency 2 and 50% cure potency I, is that 1.3 * 1.5 = 1.95 or is that 1.3 + 1.5 = 1.8

It seems to me like all other "categories" of healing it's multiplied, it'd be weird but also make sense if it was added on. Lets assume tho it's the same as every other boost then the maximum attainable would be this:
700 cure power (meaning 700 derived from 1 skill = power, 2 mnd = 1 power and receivers 4 vit = 1 power, and you need to factor them all in b/c overloading on skill can make your sets less optimal and you get stats for free). This will make the "base" that all the potency/dw bonuses multiply off of so getting that capped a very good thing. Going over 700 cure power has been shown to do nothing.

Then we have: 1.5 cure potency cap, 1.3 cure potency 2 cap, 1.3 cure potency received cap, and 1.25 maximum dw bonus then the maxium would be:
1.5 * 1.3 * 1.3 * 1.25 = 3.16875

Plugging in what we know for say, cure 3:
With 700 Cure power cure 3 caps at 340 HP healed base.
340 * 3.16875 = 1,077.375 Hp healed

That'd be a big freakin Cure 3. I don't know how we knew the cap for cure potency 2 is 30% though b/c I don't know how anyone got to it. I also don't know if there's an overall hard cap on multipliers. I also don't know if Cure Potency 2 adds to cure potency or like all other terms multiplies with it but just in case here it is if cure potency 2 adds to it:

1.8 * 1.3 * 1.25 = 2.925
340 * 2.925 = 994.5 HP

Of course, most players won't be wearing cure received gear when they are being healed (unless they set it up to do that for self heals). But the Souveran set makes it likely for PLD and there is Soothing Current when gives all party members 15% cure received bonus, and also that sash from Escha Domain Invasion. Cure potency 2 is very hard to come by unless you can wear Kaykaus, but I have a feeling it's very worth it to get cure potency 2 and try to cap it, even if it is additive to cure potency I. I haven't played WHM for a while now but it's very easy to cap cure potency and cure power on my SMN with sch subjob and light arts. The challenges come in fitting max enmity, max gear haste for recast, and now maximizing aurorastorm and if you're a whm also getting cure potency 2 >.<

Still being able to heal your tank for 1k hp with a cure 3 is really nice. please let me know if you know any sources on if cure potency 2 is additive to or multiplies with cure potency 1 and if there is an overall limit to how much cure potency can be increased...

one interesting thing to note is that in above best case examples ebers pantaloons restore 6% of cure as mp, cure 3 costs 46 mp, and so for a 1k hp heal you'd be getting back 60 mp. That means curing ppl with cure 3 would actually give you a net gain of 14 mana :P

Just like Burtgang's Physical Damage Taken II is additive to PDT or Aegis' Magic Damage Taken II is additive to MDT, Cure Potency II is additive to Cure Potency.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-10-09 14:20:32  
Ofc, this doesn't take Job points into account on that set.
with Job points being at 500 (Just as an example), you can remove 10% Cure potency from that set and reallocate it into other things such as Cure potency II or Healing Magic skill.
With this considered that means you would need 40% Potency to cap. and the higher your job points the less you need.
So there is further room to be able to cure with.

I highly recommend for WHMs considering this new sets, to consider their job points, if you want to get max efficiency out of your cures.

If you want a hastefully wacked together cure set go bellow.

Post deleted by User.
By ibm2431 2015-10-10 01:26:21  
Hold up regarding Cure Potency Gifts. As far as I know, those aren't percentages, but are instead static base power increases.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-10-10 13:59:10  
ibm2431 said: »
Hold up regarding Cure Potency Gifts. As far as I know, those aren't percentages, but are instead static base power increases.

I was wondering that too. I knew it wasn't applied as cure potency+%, but it would be good to know where it stands in the cure formula.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-10-10 14:43:31  
It's added to the base value, i. e. before Cure Potency, Cure Received Potency, and day/weather bonuses.
[+]
 Asura.Vafruvant
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-10-10 16:14:37  
Carbuncle.Skudo said: »
It's added to the base value, i. e. before Cure Potency, Cure Received Potency, and day/weather bonuses.

The base value of cure potency or the base value of cure power?
From the SE site(source):

"Increases potency of Cure while under the effects of Afflatus Solace.
Increase Cure potency by 2(*).
* Potency will increase by a fixed amount, not a percentage."

It doesn't rightly matter whether it's before or after potency percentage in regards to this discussion, but testing has shown it to be before potency percentage, giving you +45 *actual HP* when it's all said and done.
[+]
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-10-10 16:34:51  
Cure Potency
43 + 16 = 59 already 9 over cap
You're still counting Cure Potency gifts as percentages even though SE has gone on record saying it is not percentage-based. So to say your set is the max available is wholeheartedly incorrect.
[+]
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-10-10 16:35:22  
And I mean the gifts, not solace.
I only used Solace as a reference.

static hp bonus
This. Even were you to reach power cap, this will still get added in. Think of it as an additional step prior to potency percentage calculations.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-10-10 18:13:01  
Since i couldn't get any answer in the random question thread, i will just drop it here. Is the enmity- from merits added to the enmity- from gear toward the -50 cap or applied in a separate term like Tranquil Heart?
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-10-10 18:58:50  
Cure Potency
Body Aug D: 5% cure potency
43 + 5 = 48

Cure Power
Incanters Torque: healing skill +10
12.5 Boost MND
2 Mushroom Stew
I would wager Fylgia Torque would be better in your neck slot than skill +10.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-10-10 19:15:33  
Given the age of the merits, they almost certainly count towards the cap.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2