サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-20 16:05:15  
*I asked permission to create this thread
**This doesn't involve ffxiah.com
***Because many ask: it's not erotic roleplay
****Troublemakers will be instantly reported and removed

Hello everyone, I'm here today to present you Final Fantasy - The Fusion, a roleplay game played by forum based, as the name implies, on the FF saga!
If you don't like roleplaying you can stop reading, cause this is all what this thread is about, if you do though read further to find out more!

First a few words about my backgroud.
I created this game almost 10 years ago and it is still today ongoing. Over time it evolved greatly, from a simple basic roleplay game with a few friends into a complex and vast game that takes the potential of a forum to its limits to create a roleplay game that gets as close as possible to a videogame experience. What is new, and what I am thus presenting here today is that I recently decided to open my game to an international audience and so now users from all around the world are welcome(as long as they speak English!)
It should be obvious, but just in case let me say playing is absolutely free and I don't even desire any donations. Seeing people playing and enjoying my game is the only reward I need.

What is a RPG by forum?
Most people are familiar with roleplaying on board games, MMOs, chatrooms, or even live events, but by forum is probably the less known type. There are pros and cons to each one, but they can all be fun in their own way.
The major flaw of a forum based roleplay game is that it moves somewhat slow. While if people are online at the same time they can move rather quickly, it is still a straight turn based interaction that takes more time to develop. On the flipside though, this same con is also one of the attracting points. In fact, contrary to live roleplays on a forum users can take time to think through about their actions and their writing, being able to express themselves better than they would have by pure instinct.
A roleplay game played by forum cathers specifically to people who love writing. Of course it's a story written with more hands, but everyone who find joy in writing can not only have fun but also find themselves improving, as it becomes overtime a sort of training ground(it has for me at least).

Now let's talk about the forum itself: what is The Fusion?
I always loved the Final Fantasy saga and that is why I decided to create a game based on it, but chosing only one chapter, or even separating them, it felt restrictive, that is why I came up with the Fusion, very simply a world in which all the other FF merge together.
In this game you will be able to create a character of any race of all the existing FF games, from dwarves to ronso, from moomba to vanu vanu. Moreover there 34 different unique classes to chose from(and that can be changed to play with different styles or to combine abilities). And that isn't all, cause other features include racial abilities, weapon skills and thousands of equipment pieces, all of which that allow for a wide range of customization for every character.

But if this is played on a forum, does all that really work?
As my italian forum is still here 10 years later, it appears it does!
The game is heavily battle oriented and the quests see a Game Master offering battle after battle for users to prove their worth. There are stats and formulas to elaborate the outcomes, but a big part is played by the users themselves who can with their writing direct how the battles go. Every action is always tentative and the adversary can try to evade it or parry it(under the GM's judgment).

Advertisement is most definetely not my strongest quality so I apologize if this post isn't the best. But if anyone is interested and want to find out more I'm available to answer any type of question, both here, in private or directly on my forum.

Thanks to everyone who will show interest!

click the banner to go to the website
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-09-21 17:33:12  
one of the few places where you can roleplay as a juggler while fighting dragons
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-21 17:35:52  
Juggler tanking is pretty hardcore(but actually not even impossible!)
By Artemicion 2015-09-21 17:41:45  
Sounds really cool, but as someone who has virtually no RP experience, I wouldn't even know where to begin...
Is there something special there for beginners perhaps?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-21 17:45:44  
Artemicion said: »
Sounds really cool, but as someone who has virtually no RP experience, I wouldn't even know where to begin...
Is there something special there for beginners perhaps?
Honestly, the best way to learn imo is direct experience(and watching how others do it doesn't hurt either).

I most certainly grew a lot over the years both as a writer, as a roleplayer and as a quest master(and as a admin).

But I understand some people need more guidance than others and another thing I've learned over the years is how to have patience with newbies xD 10 years ago I'd kick people for asking too many questions lmao. But now I'm much more tolerant don't worry!!

So, I'm here to help out all those who want assistance!
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2015-09-21 17:46:44  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Am I cool enough though?
I'd hardly define roleplayers cool people, it's a pretty deep level of nerdness. So you're probably fine!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-09-21 21:36:24  
This roleplay is legit. I took a peek at the Italian version and I'm seriously impressed.

RPing in general is a lot of fun! If it sounds interesting and you're willing to put time into it then you should check this one out.

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Honestly, the best way to learn imo is direct experience(and watching how others do it doesn't hurt either).

I most certainly grew a lot over the years both as a writer, as a roleplayer and as a quest master(and as a admin).

Yeah, i's kind of like any other creative talent (especially writing). Don't worry about failing when you start out. Everyone does, lol. My first character was actually embarrassing in hindsight, and even when I got better at writing I still took a while to be able to make characters that were actually fun to play with.

@Seha: I made an account a few days ago but I need to make sure that I actually can invest time into this. (Grad school + webcomic are keeping me kind of busy)
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-22 05:10:41  
Thank you DBP! I've indeed seen you scooping around the past few days and was wondering if you'll join!

Just for conversation sake, not trying to force your hand or anything, I just wanna add that one is not required to post constantly all day, there are pretty lass rules about posting time limits; sure quests go a little slower like that, but can still play.

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
I took a peek at the Italian version and I'm seriously impressed
For those who do the same, you'll notice the italian version is more...expanded, there is a reason for that.
The original forum was born as a pure roleplay platform with little technical elements, but the more recent version I added is one with stats, formulas and all that junk that make battles more objective and that can be found particularly attractive by nerdy people like me who want a very game-like experience. This latter version is the one I decided to open to english speaking users, a mix of roleplay and real gaming elements.

Don't be afraid if there's a lot to read about at first, it just means the game is big!
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2015-09-25 14:07:46  
A discreet and humble bump.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-09-25 15:35:02  
A non erotic role playing game...pass.Have fun though.
 Bismarck.Misao
サーバ: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-09-28 09:27:58  

bump
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker