Pokémon GO! - (Savage)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » Pokémon GO! - (Savage)
Pokémon GO! - (Savage)
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 61 62 63
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-07-31 14:53:58  
Game started out very promising. but has turned into crap. Im gonna ask for a refund. I spent money on the game in hopes of helping them make it better. add more content to it. but all they have done is take stuff away.
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-31 15:03:25  
I assume certain things are being removed temporarily till they can be fixed.

Vaporeon nerf? Meh. People always *** about nerfs.

Pokevision being shut down and the catch bonuses being removed (considering the massive XP requirements) are what bothers me.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-07-31 15:07:31  
Thing is they've removed things that either weren't broken or make no sense to remove. EXP bonuses for getting Nice/Great/Excellents? Eggs being removed from your inventory after they hatch? All kinds of ***, it's garbage.

People have been being granted refunds ranging from $5 to $100s of dollars, a lot of people. This isn't good, and Pokemon Go could never recover from this negative publicity. Why they took this turn for the worst we may never know. Fixing bugs by deactivating or removing critical game features without warning or explanation is bad game design and, quite frankly, unbelievably bad customer control, and that's even assuming it is just to fix bugs.

The creator of PokeVision
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-31 15:15:34  
Re:Pokevision

AFAIK, all Pokevision did was crawl the data in a similar way the app does. Hence why you needed to rescan when moving your pin. Pokevision didn't require a log in and thus didn't endanger the security of Niantic's user base. Should Niantic have gotten in touch with the Pokevision devs? Yes, they absolutely should've. Should they have shut it down? Absolutely not.

Gamers can be fickle, we can be obsessed, disappointed, and move on. Niantic decided to drop priority of their in-app radar repairs and simultaneously shut down a gift horse of s third party radar that does no harm to them, takes no money from them, and can quite possibly make them more money.

Don't disappoint your fan base because you may take hits you can't fully recover from.

I'd hope they'd get in touch with Pokevision soon and reconsider the shut down, for their own sake.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-31 15:19:09  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Eggs being removed from your inventory after they hatch?
What's the story here?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-07-31 15:27:43  
Eggs have a high chance of remaining in your inventory after they hatch, which better be a bug not a feature

Also I doubt PokeVision is coming back. Niantic is blaming tracking sites for the sharp decline in the playerbase. They're basically like a short-term more successful version of SE.
By Draylo 2016-07-31 15:32:20  
The game itself is very lacking and imo, not that much fun. The sharp decline is more because people are hopping off the bandwagon or getting bored of it. It happens to every bandwagon ever, so its not a surprise really. They need to add battling soon or they will lose more people imo.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-31 15:36:17  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Eggs have a high chance of remaining in your inventory after they hatch, which better be a bug not a feature

Also I doubt PokeVision is coming back. Niantic is blaming tracking sites for the sharp decline in the playerbase. They're basically like a short-term more successful version of SE.
Wtaf? How does that cause a decline in playerbase?

They are probably seeing a bigger decline now that they've removed their own tracking in addition to shutting down Pokevision. They wanna shut down PV, that's fine but they should put their own tracking system in place before doing so.

I'm kinda wondering if Pokemon Go was too successful for them or something. Like that guy who made that app that made him a millionaire, then he gave the money back and pulled the app because he wanted a simple way of life.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-31 15:37:44  
Draylo said: »
The game itself is very lacking and imo, not that much fun. The sharp decline is more because people are hopping off the bandwagon or getting bored of it. It happens to every bandwagon ever, so its not a surprise really. They need to add battling soon or they will lose more people imo.
Was reading Forbes the other day, they suggested that trading could hurt more than it could help.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-31 15:42:01  
Hmmm? Wonder if this is why Pokevision was shut down.

Still, if tracking goes client-side, would that mean locations would be random or...?
 Fenrir.Ixn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: unknown
By Fenrir.Ixn 2016-07-31 16:06:23  
Anna Ruthven said: »
Hmmm? Wonder if this is why Pokevision was shut down.

Still, if tracking goes client-side, would that mean locations would be random or...?

walk around in "Tall grass".
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-07-31 16:24:56  
Doubt it has any basis in fact (especially since the tweet seems to have been deleted now)
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-31 16:47:27  
I'm wondering if they'll have a save before long.

I didn't play Ingress. I dunno this company.
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2016-07-31 17:22:57  
Trading Isn't going to hurt more than help... but i get their fears as once you collect them all what is there? Gyms? I don't even touch a gym unless its getting close to my claiming time what with how quickly they get overthrown.

Every Pokemon game has an end, and until they add Trainer Battles theres a finite amount of Pokemon to collect and raise.

A decline will happen, its bound too, but if they fix their ***it'll happen slower.

Servers are great, they've made god progress there for sure, so its not like they're doing nothing and I'm not suggesting that, its just with every fix they seem to remove or break something else... all in time I suppose.

But to think its because of trackers? Nah, you created a Pokemon Tracking game and you've now removed the option for tracking, presumably to fix and return later, But still... you've removed half the reason the game exists.

I understand them not liking the Poketrackers but they were birthed out of the fact their own tracking system was broken and unfinished... if they fix and finish it the need for trackers will dwindle and fade.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ixn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: unknown
By Fenrir.Ixn 2016-07-31 18:28:36  
As far as I see it, they're patching exploits to the game and other problems and experimenting. So expect a lot of things come and go, this is something on a global scale. It's also far from finished.

I haven't seen a crash or soft-lock on my run today. Friday was a different story.
 Asura.Raelia
user: Raelia
By Asura.Raelia 2016-07-31 18:30:49  
Niantic definitely has PGI syndrome.

Get a huge IP handed to them and experience wild success in the first weeks and the completely misunderstand why they got so many players in the first place (hint: it's not because you made a particularly good game), then proceed to run the game into the ground with hilariously poor decisions and an incredible ignorance towards why they're hemorrhaging players, all the while blaming the playerbase's developed habits for why they have to break the game further.

Just remember: It's always the players' fault
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-31 18:51:21  
It's OK though guys, Niantic is working towards making a Harry Potter GO game from what I hear...

Let's make another when we can't get one right.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-31 19:14:12  
How can I go about requesting a refund?

Sooo glad I had my phone set to NOT auto-update, as I was still milking the exp bonuses from catches. Though, I'm not sure if I'm going to continue playing atm until hunting is worthwhile.
 Asura.Raelia
user: Raelia
By Asura.Raelia 2016-07-31 19:29:21  
Cerberus.Jiko said: »
It's OK though guys, Niantic is working towards making a Harry Potter GO game from what I hear...

Let's make another when we can't get one right.
The PGI parallel gets better and better. They tried and failed to snag a Wing Commander license and so tried to repeat their Mechwarrior backer success with their own garbage IP.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-31 19:29:37  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
How can I go about requesting a refund?

Sooo glad I had my phone set to NOT auto-update, as I was still milking the exp bonuses from catches. Though, I'm not sure if I'm going to continue playing atm until hunting is worthwhile.

Probably through the support channel would be my first guess.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-31 19:36:59  
Thanks. I found it via Google support. Best way to respond is to answer via wallet.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2016-07-31 19:52:40  
Asura.Karbuncle said: »
Trading Isn't going to hurt more than help... but i get their fears as once you collect them all what is there?

from what I had heard, they were already planning to roll out the Johto region 'mons in a couple months....
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-31 20:04:58  
I just thought. From a business standpoint, all this ***happened over the weekend, when stock markets have closed. With all this backlash, and I'm sure loss of players, I'm reeeeeeeaaaalllly curious how this is going to affect Nintendos stock come Monday...
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-31 20:18:04  
Did it boost it very much?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-31 20:20:06  
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4vgncl/psa_itunes_refundpokemon_go_purchases/

They aren't responding to emails either. Google and Apple are flooded with requests. Looks like we should expect a response to this early in the week, as the major stores are getting pretty irritated about this.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-07-31 20:20:49  

By an incredible amount
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-31 20:21:13  

To answer:
iDigitalTimes said:
First, it went up by 50 percent. Then, it doubled. And now, it has fallen by a good third from its top point
iDigitalTimes

A visual: (5 years)
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-31 20:27:26  
Wow.

Also, thread has been patched.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-31 20:28:56  
Oh nice. Now I have a friend of mine saying she was soft banned while playing PGO AS THE PASSENGER in a vehicle.

I havent gone out and tested it yet, but from what I'm gathering, if you're going over a certain speed, it locks you out from doing anything in game. This is seriously going to bite them in the ***...

Thread has been patched? o.O
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-31 20:30:58  
Cerberus.Jiko said: »
Thread has been patched? o.O
Yes, minor text fixes.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 61 62 63