users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
VIP
By Kalila 2015-09-02 16:49:06  
Pwolf Drkgawd said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Played through the prologue last night. While It was a nice way to get me into the game and I enjoyed it... I was also like "This is so ridiculous" xD How many times can one man cheat death.

I was laughing my *** off but that's MGS for you, it only plays with reality before dropping you off the cliff of 'nanomachines, son!'

Ya I enjoyed it.. but I expected like perfection because everything looked so great. and then I see my eyelids when i blink, and im like, ok i guess his eyes are just getting use to being used again whatever.

Then the doc shows my reflection and the camera blinks but big boss doesn't. I saw that as an oversight. but still was fun.

"Ok get on the ground and crawl. we will blend in with the bodies. Ok stop or we will die. Just lay there and pretend to be dead." Boss.. he said lay there not have your head up looking at the enemy coming right at you... boss seriously just put your head down!
I just think they didn't want to overuse the blinking effect, I think they used it enough to get the point across, that you're looking through his eyes, and that was enough.
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2015-09-02 17:06:44  
Kalila said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Played through the prologue last night. While It was a nice way to get me into the game and I enjoyed it... I was also like "This is so ridiculous" xD How many times can one man cheat death.

I was laughing my *** off but that's MGS for you, it only plays with reality before dropping you off the cliff of 'nanomachines, son!'

Ya I enjoyed it.. but I expected like perfection because everything looked so great. and then I see my eyelids when i blink, and im like, ok i guess his eyes are just getting use to being used again whatever.

Then the doc shows my reflection and the camera blinks but big boss doesn't. I saw that as an oversight. but still was fun.

"Ok get on the ground and crawl. we will blend in with the bodies. Ok stop or we will die. Just lay there and pretend to be dead." Boss.. he said lay there not have your head up looking at the enemy coming right at you... boss seriously just put your head down!
I just think they didn't want to overuse the blinking effect, I think they used it enough to get the point across, that you're looking through his eyes, and that was enough.

Eye* also on that... It kind of felt like the camera was 1 eye to me. But my cousin says its the same as all other game cameras. Just felt like it was different some how to simulate 1 eye.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-09-02 17:20:06  
YouTube Video Placeholder

This video is some of the final goodbyes and thank yous from the developers. enjoy.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
サーバ: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-09-02 21:01:45  
Nice to see the Missions are also open/selected just like PeaceWalker. Should make the game feel alot less linear. No David Hayter voicing Snake still sucks tho.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-09-03 03:44:26  
http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aVXoYnP_460sv.mp4
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-09-04 15:46:13  
Any disappointments or improvements needed? Only 4% into the game due to ffxi but have 20hrs spent I think so far just free roaming missions kidnapping whoever and curious if anyone thinks this game hasn't lived up to and met thier expectations.
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2015-09-04 15:53:48  
Siren.Akson said: »
Any disappointments or improvements needed? Only 4% into the game due to ffxi but have 20hrs spent I think so far just free roaming missions kidnapping whoever and curious if anyone thinks this game hasn't lived up to and met thier expectations.

All I hear is that the ending is unfinished. thats really the only complaint. but that the gameplay makes up for it. though im only 10 hours in so I personally don't know.
By Wordspoken 2015-09-05 16:28:56  
Got into this game myself. I'm quite bad at this though. Still enjoyable!
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-09-06 01:16:37  
I'm @ < 10% completion and mind is alrdy blown. This should be the greatest selling game of all time. The worst part is knowing this ain't no MMO and The End has to come. gdi
[+]
Premium
By Lulukitty 2015-09-06 03:37:10  
The game came with a graphics card I recently purchased but I have been unable to get the game to load past the start-up screen... Windows has encountered an error. So disappointing and I've heard it is such an amazing game.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-09-06 05:41:40  

All I hear is that the ending is unfinished. thats really the only complaint. but that the gameplay makes up for it. though im only 10 hours in so I personally don't know.

I have heard that there is some cut concept art and cutscene in one of the collector's edition discs and it could have been the true ending but no idea why they didn't finish and add it to the game.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-09-06 14:27:12  
Lulukitty said: »
The game came with a graphics card I recently purchased but I have been unable to get the game to load past the start-up screen... Windows has encountered an error. So disappointing and I've heard it is such an amazing game.
I recently read that the game can't load with a certain type of CPU (something about load builds or w/e, very nerdy nerd information). The CPU it was talking about was an older CPU though.
Premium
By Lulukitty 2015-09-07 02:56:03  
Lulukitty said: »
I recently read that the game can't load with a certain type of CPU (something about load builds or w/e, very nerdy nerd information). The CPU it was talking about was an older CPU though.

Very odd. I'm currently running a i7-4790. So I don't think that would be a problem. Hard to say though. I submitted a ticket to Konami through their support forums but hard to say if I'll actually get support :/ was very excited to play the game but ill have to wait until my PS4 copy arrives it seems.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-09-08 10:12:57  
Heads up:

https://uk.secure.konami-europe.com/link/portal/30031/30044/Article/2809/Regarding-save-data-for-METAL-GEAR-SOLID-V-THE-PHANTOM-PAIN-becoming-corrupt-under-specific-circumstances
By Wordspoken 2015-09-08 14:54:10  
Thanks for the warning. Not that I'll see mission 29 anytime soon...
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2015-09-08 15:07:24  
I hear that D dog has a knife.... xD I so cant wait until I get the dog.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-09-08 16:16:18  
So 50 Missions. Niiiiice! I'm on Mission 19 as is having spent countless hours alrdy tagging and bagging everything and everyone in sight. Good to know I'm about halfway through.
By fonewear 2015-09-08 19:18:59  
I'm on mission 32. No life here I come !
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-09-08 19:44:54  
Anyone playing the PC version and capable of analysis compared to PS4? Heard it's even more impressive on PC which is alrdy stellar, from what I'm seeing, on PS4.
By fonewear 2015-09-08 19:48:36  
My PC probably can't run the game so I'm playing on PS4.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-09-10 14:21:14  
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Despite being a fan of the series who played almost every installment, I decided not to get this one, at least not for full retail price.
You still sticking to ya gunz and haven't gotten yet?
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2015-09-10 14:30:49  
No David Hayter voicing Snake still sucks tho.

It really freaks me out because I recently binge watched 24 and Touch.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-09-10 14:41:41  
Josiahkf said: »
So 50 Missions. Niiiiice! I'm on Mission 19 as is having spent countless hours alrdy tagging and bagging everything and everyone in sight. Good to know I'm about halfway through.
Why not just scan the soldiers and bag the ones with c or b rank skills or higher?
Removing them all negates them awaking and alarming others. Plus it's just more fun imo bagging them all like pokemon. Not to mention hidden Skill.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-09-10 14:56:21  
I'm currently on around mission 25. The game is great, I've probably put in well over 40-50 hours in it bey now. If you ignore side-ops stuff then yea, it's a lot shorter, but the side ops are the game itself, so I love doing them.

My favorite buddies right now are:

Quiet
DD
D-Horse

Though, D Dog is very close to Quiet, but the way I currently play I really enjoy tranquilizing enemies, trying my best not to kill a single one, and sending them all up, and she can help me with that. I unlocked D-Dog's ability to stun, which is very similar, so I'll be taking him out on a few missions today to see how he does with stunning.

Quiet is just so OP though, really. However, D-Dog also has some OPness like detecting bombs and such, both are really good.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-09-10 15:05:42  
I make sure not to kill anyone as well but gdi Quiet wtf.... STOP it! —_— Couldn't wait til she got a damn tranq gun... but yeah now she just takes em all out solo w/o my help (if you want) >_>
Seriously loving this game. So far it's blown my own personal expectations tho that shouldn't surprise me.
Kojima always does that.
[+]
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2015-09-10 15:34:13  
I'm currently on around mission 25. The game is great, I've probably put in well over 40-50 hours in it bey now. If you ignore side-ops stuff then yea, it's a lot shorter, but the side ops are the game itself, so I love doing them.

My favorite buddies right now are:

Quiet
DD
D-Horse

Though, D Dog is very close to Quiet, but the way I currently play I really enjoy tranquilizing enemies, trying my best not to kill a single one, and sending them all up, and she can help me with that. I unlocked D-Dog's ability to stun, which is very similar, so I'll be taking him out on a few missions today to see how he does with stunning.

Quiet is just so OP though, really. However, D-Dog also has some OPness like detecting bombs and such, both are really good.

My cousin tells me the stuff DDog detects stays on the radar/map while with quiet it disappears after like 5-10 seconds. Also he gets annoyed with her when he is going to stun someone for motherbase but gets put in that slow-mo action and before he can do anything quiet just snipes the guy xD
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-09-10 16:56:45  
Whose the ebola culprit >< gah