Guide For The Casual White Mage?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Guide for the Casual White Mage?
Guide for the Casual White Mage?

| Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vafruvant
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-06-26 02:40:32  
Actually, now that you can use trusts in merit KI fights, you can pretty easily get any JSE 119. Nothing (outside of Vagary wins for empy 119) is required that you don't have/can't get solo. As for other gear, you've picked a good job to not need top of the line gear. You have versatility in almost every slot that will marginally affect your curing potency, if at all.

I'm at work and can't provide specific pieces, but the keys to WHM are hitting 50% potency, getting the quested earring for 2% potency II, and stacking Healing Magic Skill. Since you aim to be solo mainly using trusts, enmity won't be much of a factor since you'll need a trust tank, so that offers you even more flexibility. Af +1 hands are pretty vital, having the most skill and MND available in hands, so stack potency elsewhere.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-06-26 04:34:32  
You can however get the Abyssea items in the login campaigns. If you manage to login like 11 times per month you should have 2000 points for an item per character/mule. If you actually manage to login a lot 2 items per character.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-26 04:37:14  
Shouting for a group is going to be difficult as most will do their own farming solo and frankly, no one is interested in empy weapon upgrades in their current state so the only people you could possibly find will also want claws.

As for red proc, all that does is guarantee the KI will drop, I've found the KI has a solid chance of dropping without proc but you can go in there NIN/DNC, probably your best solo option, that or NIN/WAR and ride temps, Amarok shouldn't TP too much due t the amount of subtle blow NIN gets.

For example though, I dual box a THF + WHM, when I was farming Apademak I was getting about a 60-80% success rate on KI drop so I gave up procing.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-26 06:37:41  
You may wish to take a friend with you to actually kill Orthrus, though, unless of course you enjoy melee whm. If you do, then by all means lay him out with the clubs of your choice.

Also I give props to any WHM who uses their weapon for more than a cure potency piece. Have fun!
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-26 06:39:57  
Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
You may wish to take a friend with you to actually kill Orthrus, though, unless of course you enjoy melee whm. If you do, then by all means lay him out with the clubs of your choice.

Also I give props to any WHM who uses their weapon for more than a cure potency piece. Have fun!
My mule's Bolebunga has a few specs of blood and guts on it.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-26 06:49:43  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »

My mule's Bolebunga has a few specs of blood and guts on it.

Good deal. That thing isn't just a refresh piece :P
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-06-26 08:03:42  
Asura.Alfylicious said: »
Thank you for the fast response!

I think the first JSE 119 upgrades I looked at were the Empy and it spooked me.

Orthrus's Claws for Ebers seems daunting as is. I believe you can only get the Steaming Cerberus Tongue Key Item from Red Proc'ing Amarok. What are the current options for that? Going War/Nin and/or shouting for group?

Thank you again. I really enjoy looking at any and all information regarding Whm!

Abyssea items aren't that bad any more. When the 109 item first came out I went down to Othrus solo on RDM/THF with a Sword and shield and farmed all the pops from scratch. It only took about 2 hour tops. No proccing involved. I just farmed the pops and killed the NM's. It's true the KI's aren't 100% without red, but the drop rates on them aren't that bad with out the proc system.

Longest streak I had was going like 1/3 on the mini-cerb.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-06-26 10:27:41  
Also, since you're on Asura, if/when Gearswap is ever fixed, I can help you out with some of the farming. I main THF and can dualbox a GEO, that's a pretty solid setup to get through a LOT of content. In fact, we can most likely do all delve 1.0...

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-27 07:56:49  
Asura.Alfylicious said: »
Nice, thanks guys! ˆˆ

From the look of it reforged AF/Relic/Emp is easily obtainable and Reforged AF+1 is as well.

It looks like if I just camped outside a WKR and waited for a large group to go in I could tag along without joining the party/alliance. Is that true? I wouldn't mind getting my hands on some of that gear.

If any of you ever need a WHM for anything just send me a tell in game!

If you camp outside a WKR, and then follow people in, tossing heals and status removal would probably make people very appreciative. I know I would be.

You can also shout in town if you know one's up; you never know if someone or several someones are bored and looking for something random to do.

The Tamaxchi from Yumcax is something you may want, unless you get the Unity staff, I think it's called Abalinli or something off Arke (I think it's Arke... Not enough coffee yet!)

Yumcax is almost universally hated, though, so have fun getting people to go :P
 Asura.Vafruvant
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-06-27 09:19:52  
This update did make WHM trusts prioritize Cursna with Doom, though, so that helps a lot.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-27 10:50:14  
Asura.Vafruvant said: »
This update did make WHM trusts prioritize Cursna with Doom, though, so that helps a lot.

That'll help the mass deathga from Doom, but Yumcax still sucks like a cheap hooker.