Ebisu +1 Quest/Info

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Ebisu +1 Quest/Info
Ebisu +1 Quest/Info
By Acacia 2016-03-21 14:14:03  
If you read the description on the fish, it says they live in estuaries, which are areas of brackish water. You have to fish right where the river and sea meet.
[+]
 Bismarck.Treasurehider
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Jessee
By Bismarck.Treasurehider 2016-03-21 14:51:36  
Thank you! I'll give that a try and report back.

Edit:

Reporting back, and thank you! That was the key. Thought I tried over there once, but obviously not.

Used Ebisu Rod + Little Worm and stood in that spot and got the fish fairly quickly (~5 minutes).
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [287 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Roughy
サーバ: Asura
user: Solegna
By Asura.Roughy 2017-01-02 10:29:36  
Is there a way to see how many different kinds of fish you have caught? Like a fish counter?
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-01-02 10:37:49  
Katsunaga
G-10
Mhaura
 Asura.Roughy
user: Solegna
By Asura.Roughy 2017-01-02 10:44:39  
Thank you so very much!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [111 days between previous and next post]
By Aeyela 2017-04-23 19:27:35  
About two years ago I was enquiring about the benefits of the +1 Ebisu. At that time, nobody was overly sure what the +1 actually did. Has our collective mariner's musings advanced sufficiently in that time that we now know what it does? I'm a sucker for shiny things and I really do enjoy Fishing, god help me. But if there's nothing except being able to shove my shiny rod in people's faces, I can probably better prioritise my time meanwhile.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-04-24 01:06:45  
If it has been two years and you haven't found a way to prioritize it, then just leave it alone
By Felgarr 2017-04-24 02:51:01  
I'm curious about +1 benefits as well.
By Aeyela 2017-04-24 07:25:32  
Well, for 23 of those 24 months I haven't been playing XI. Given how far behind I am, if Ebisu +1 doesn't actually provide any tangible benefit my time can be much better spent elsewhere. I can't find anything on Google except a few people proclaiming things from half hour of eyeballing. I was hoping by now there'd be something a little more concrete.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [409 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Juandbz
user: Juandbz
By Bahamut.Juandbz 2018-06-07 01:12:37  
Hey, I got an Ebisu rod years back. Is it worth upgrading it?
Been thinking about coming back to the game.

Are there any new ways to make profits for fishing?
 Bahamut.Juandbz
user: Juandbz
By Bahamut.Juandbz 2018-06-07 01:13:50  
Hey, I got an Ebisu rod years back. Is it worth upgrading it?
Been thinking about coming back to the game.

Are there any new ways to make profits for fishing?
 Asura.Ryujinjakka
user: Antonaki
By Asura.Ryujinjakka 2018-06-07 03:26:26  
No and No. Other than completion sake.
By clearlyamule 2018-06-07 11:32:58  
Worth is subjective. Do you like light sabers? Fishing for profit has been nerfed to oblivion time and time again. And yeah they don't really add things to help unless you count escha pops I guess
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-06-07 12:05:26  
Somewhat ironically, probably the best money you can make fishing with an Ebisu/+1 these days is getting Gugrusaurus and Lik and selling them to others going after the Ebisu quest items.

If you have multiple mules, this is lot more plausible now that Dwarf Pugil and Drill Calamary are frequently low point login campaign items (100 point usually, they've been 50 each before in the 1/2 price login campaign). I have many stacks of both, it's my default choice for spending a few extra points or something to buy on mules when the rewards are otherwise mediocre.

But no, this is not a particularly GOOD way to make money, nor is fishing in general. You do the Ebisu+1 (and Lu Shang's +1) to say you did it and became the ultimate fisher person, and because you like glowy rods.

That being said... you have the hard part done. It's not that much of a stretch to upgrade Ebisu to +1, just go catch the extra 5 fishies and get the glow. Most annoying part is synthing your own EX Sea Dragon Liver bait for Phantom Serpent (needs 4 -ryu fish livers that will take a little time to get, and is a cooking ~45 synth, I needed to spend a little time leveling cooking on my own character for this). The other 4 required fish are pretty straightforward.
 Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Haxxor
By Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor 2018-06-07 12:35:20  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
If you have multiple mules, this is lot more plausible now that Dwarf Pugil and Drill Calamary are frequently low point login campaign items (100 point usually, they've been 50 each before in the 1/2 price login campaign). I have many stacks of both, it's my default choice for spending a few extra points or something to buy on mules when the rewards are otherwise mediocre.
If you goal is to gather gugrusaurus and liks, don't use rare bait that's in limited supply from login points or zaldon trades, lol. Use meatball/minnow lure and enjoy your login points elsewhere. Save your rare baits for matsya
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-06-07 17:05:35  
The rare bait isn't that limited, thanks to being a cheap fixture on login points for ages now... I have like 7 stacks of each rare bait on mules just from months when the other login items were kinda crap anyway. YMMV though I suppose, especially for people with less mules.

But yeah, Matsya are another good use for the baits, good call. For a while there, I was seeing Gugs at the same price as Matsya, selling faster, and easier to catch - so Gugs were the obvious call. But I see that I'm a bit outdated from my current server prices, where Matsya are ~50k and Gugs only ~30k.

In any case, fishing for profit is silly these days anyway. For the guy asking about +1, you might as well go for it if you have the NQ Ebisu, since it's not very hard to do the upgrade... But don't expect it to be some major source of gil.
By clearlyamule 2018-06-07 17:29:23  
Yeah at some point Matsya market got super saturated to the point where I was losing money despite being able to hold adds and tri fish and having fished them for fun since long before there was a reason to.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [745 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2020-06-21 10:58:59  
Yay, necro bump.

I'm trying my damndest to get Dragon's Tabernacle. I have spent over 2 hours today and 2 yesterday getting nothing but monster bites. I'm in Cape at the sea, but nothing. Is this normal, like bibiki urchin, or am I doing something wrong?
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2020-06-21 11:51:24  
I was at cape terrigan straight east of the outpost warp, shouldn’t take that long to get a bite.
By Maiyuuu 2020-06-21 13:23:54  
I hated that fish. I spent a few days there with SEVERAL casts, trying both shrimp lure and bluetail. One day, I decided on a whim and caught it on second cast with shrimp lure.

Just luck of the draw. Best of luck! At least the other fish were easier.
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2020-06-21 13:46:23  
I’ll be dammed, I must’ve just got lucky
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2020-06-21 14:33:03  
It's awful lol. I've used both the bait and the lure, also. I was thinking the livers would be the most annoying, but this guy seems set on making me change my mind!
 Carbuncle.Nibu
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: nibu
By Carbuncle.Nibu 2020-06-21 15:29:44  
I tried fishing from the very edge of the beach; was basically in the tunnel. Didn't have any luck. Then I decided just to stand out in the middle of the beach instead, and caught it pretty quickly. For whatever that is worth.
[+]
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2020-06-21 19:58:31  
That's where I've been standing is near the cave. I'll hang out in the middle when I get back to it. Can't hurt, at least.

Thanks, guys!
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2020-06-22 12:12:01  
Got it! Stood in the middle of the beach like Nibu said and got a bite in less than 5 minutes. That's nuts.
[+]