How To Pay For Idris?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » How to pay for Idris?
How to pay for Idris?
First Page 2 3
 Bismarck.Johnb
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-06-16 09:49:09  
With some H-P Bayld prices reaching as high as 50k each, I've been trying to find the best way to get H-P Bayld. Back-to-back lair reives in Foret seem to give around 5k bayld every 5 minute. Someone I asked said they did Dynamis - Buburimu for money to buy H-P Bayld and it seems to be the most plausible . Some other posts on FFXIAH have mentioned Skirmish for bayld but that way doesn't seem too good anymore.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-06-16 10:12:18  
Join the Courier's Coalition if you haven't already, and do supply runs whenever you have imprimaturs available. Easy bayld.
[+]
By dustinfoley 2015-06-16 10:13:05  
For skirmish to be good you need you + 5 mules, zone in get the noetic, zone out, x6. GO back to town, get 6x more, etc etc. You also need to farm lairs/collonizations to get your own skirmish parts, once you start buying skirmish pieces with gil, you loose the efficency.

Doing this with my brother +2 mules we could get a pretty decent chunk in raznkar in a pretty small amount of time.

At that point, you might as well do 6x...daily impiratarus with your mules (all doing the teleport ones).

Selling alex might be your best bet honestly, it sells as soon as you list it 99% of the time.
[+]
 Sylph.Kakashiiix
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kakashiiix 2015-06-16 10:15:14  
average price of hp bayld on sylph is about 30k. may want to see about buying in bulk from other server or working out deals with peeps
[+]
By dustinfoley 2015-06-16 10:29:29  
The sad part of Idris, is that there is no real way to farm bayld. Relics have dynamis, mythics have assaults, empy have voidwatch/abyssea. While voidwatch may not be the best since you need a crap ton of items and the drop rate is aweful,,, its is the only way to get it done.

There is no one event designed for the sole purpose of getting bayld. You have a bunch of tiny events that give tiny amounts of bayld, no one good way of doing it.

lair/colonization - you would need to do them 24/7 for about 6 months to make enough, and thats running between multiples

wildkeepers - unless its the 3k event to participate, you end up with a very tiny profit margin (if any at all).

Skirmish - requires you to farm simulcrium, and a weeks farming = 1 hour of in/outs, and at that rate your still looking at 6-10 months

impirataru - its free bayld sure, and you will be doing 6months worth just to get legendary, but by that point you will have only made maybe 1m bayld, and be another 130m shy.

At this point, your best bet is to /pray they add a rhapsody Key item that lowers the cost from 10k to 1k
[+]
 Bismarck.Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-06-16 10:41:58  
I'm glad they said they would be adding a new Rhapsodies KI that reduces imprimatur time, but I'm anxious to see by how much. Too bad it won't be until November.
 Asura.Cyleena
サーバ: Asura
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-06-16 10:45:44  
Also if you got friends on game willing to convert bayld to hp bayld and give you a deal it helps as well. I feel your pain because I am making one myself (have about 7k left to go), and I agree about selling alex as your best bet for making some gil. Other then that do what was mentioned which was Courier's coalition quest to Kamihr if you can which gives you just over 11k bayld per run using 3 imprimaturs.

Good luck on working toward a Idris.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-06-16 10:55:05  
Best way at the moment is selling skirmish augment stones then buying HPB. Only drawback will be server supply. Farming is rough and requires 100% of your focus and dedication to achieve.

Best to focus on skirmish for Gil and bayld along with hitting reives and coalition assignments 1 tag at a time.
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-06-16 11:04:11  
If they do another WKR campaign with cheap KIs follow the group from WKR to WKR and shout to buy HP Bayld. Some people will sell to you at a discount, although if prices on your server are 50k maybe you should just transfer to a server with 30k HPB for a while.
By fillerbunny9 2015-06-16 11:50:33  
stocking up on skirmish stones now while the event is going on that increases the amount of +2 dropping and then waiting for supply to dry up soon after it ends seems sound to me. the next Escha update is 2 months off, I think, and judging from most of the armor presented to us so far, may not exactly be blowing skirmish out of the water for a bit.
 Bismarck.Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-06-16 12:41:13  
There is rather fierce competition on skirmish stones with the campaign. At one point there were 81 snowdim stone +2s on AH which caused price drop to 400k each. I haven't been stocking up like I should though :(
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-06-16 13:02:51  
A KI to lower Imprimatur cooldown is confirmed for August or November; just wait until then.
By fillerbunny9 2015-06-16 13:45:53  
ScaevolaBahamut said: »
A KI to lower Imprimatur cooldown is confirmed for August or November; just wait until then.

let's say they do something utterly absurd and switch Imprimaturs down to one refills an hour (currently at its best they refresh one per every 5.5 hours). if you get and spend all 24 in a day, spamming Courier's to Kamihr, one Imprimatur at a time (instead of bundling three and losing out on some Bayld) you'll gain 11.4 HP Bayld a day, meaning that solo it will only take the next three years to complete (starting from scratch, assuming you have Legend in all ranks already). sure, if you add in 5 mules all spamming 24 Imprimatur a day, it'll take a little more than six months.

Imprimatur cooldown is not going to be sufficient in and of itself to building an Ergon weapon. supplementing your income and buying them when you can find them at a reasonable price is far more reasonable because you just cannot get Bayld that fast. I have actually contemplated grabbing a third account, dragging it through missions up until the final boss, and warping him out immediately after entry, allowing a dual box of the final fight for 3HP Bayld every 15-20 minutes. however, even if you can stand the monotony of dual boxing that final fight, that is still four solid months of time non-stop spamming the fight. (which stretches even longer when you consider things like eating, sleeping, and personal sanity)

meanwhile, let's say that Duskdim and Snowdim +2 stones bounce back to roughly 800k in the next month or two. let's say farming Skirmish he obtains a stack of each. (not the most difficult feat, but time consuming nonetheless) not counting the profits of other stones/additional farming of events like Dynamis and Salvage, that's an extra 600+ at a cost of 30-35k per HP Bayld. it's still a drop in the bucket considering the final number being 13,099, but it is a far cry better than waiting and hoping SE actually correct the system as a whole.
[+]
By gargurty 2015-06-17 02:31:43  
I gave up on farming bayld. Dont like dyna and salvage farm either. So my time to get an idriss will be 30 years lol
 Asura.Kogasho
user: kogasho
By Asura.Kogasho 2015-06-17 02:40:47  
The best way I was able to finish Idris, the HP-Bayld stages, was to constantly check bazaars, or stand an /yell where the NPC that gives you HP - Bayld for 10000 bayld in Eastern, be sure to let them know where you're at in //yell an people tend to come an bazaar in front of you. Keep buying till finish. 35-40k each people will sell them no problem to you.

I wish you the best of luck in finding the rest of your HP-bayld
[+]
By Draylo 2015-06-17 02:53:43  
They will probably address the supply by NOV in some fashion.
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-06-17 04:13:49  
Bismarck.Johnb said: »
With some H-P Bayld prices reaching as high as 50k each, I've been trying to find the best way to get H-P Bayld. Back-to-back lair reives in Foret seem to give around 5k bayld every 5 minute. Someone I asked said they did Dynamis - Buburimu for money to buy H-P Bayld and it seems to be the most plausible . Some other posts on FFXIAH have mentioned Skirmish for bayld but that way doesn't seem too good anymore.

At this point, nothing really beats farming alexandrite to pay for anything, unless you are able to multibox to sell wins/drops while also having enough buyers around.
By gargurty 2015-06-17 08:48:13  
Mmmm now that i think of it, al these trusts is SE's way of giving us a second or more accounts lol. Best way to farm or get this done is by using multiple accounts
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-06-17 08:53:20  
fillerbunny9 said: »

let's say they do something utterly absurd and switch Imprimaturs down to one refills an hour (currently at its best they refresh one per every 5.5 hours). if you get and spend all 24 in a day, spamming Courier's to Kamihr, one Imprimatur at a time (instead of bundling three and losing out on some Bayld) you'll gain 11.4 HP Bayld a day, meaning that solo it will only take the next three years to complete (starting from scratch, assuming you have Legend in all ranks already). sure, if you add in 5 mules all spamming 24 Imprimatur a day, it'll take a little more than six months.

Imprimatur cooldown is not going to be sufficient in and of itself to building an Ergon weapon. supplementing your income and buying them when you can find them at a reasonable price is far more reasonable because you just cannot get Bayld that fast. I have actually contemplated grabbing a third account, dragging it through missions up until the final boss, and warping him out immediately after entry, allowing a dual box of the final fight for 3HP Bayld every 15-20 minutes. however, even if you can stand the monotony of dual boxing that final fight, that is still four solid months of time non-stop spamming the fight. (which stretches even longer when you consider things like eating, sleeping, and personal sanity)

meanwhile, let's say that Duskdim and Snowdim +2 stones bounce back to roughly 800k in the next month or two. let's say farming Skirmish he obtains a stack of each. (not the most difficult feat, but time consuming nonetheless) not counting the profits of other stones/additional farming of events like Dynamis and Salvage, that's an extra 600+ at a cost of 30-35k per HP Bayld. it's still a drop in the bucket considering the final number being 13,099, but it is a far cry better than waiting and hoping SE actually correct the system as a whole.

It won't be sufficient to farm it entirely through your own imprimaturs, but everyone else will have the reduced timer as well. Prices will drop and soliciting people to convert their bayldd for you will be a thing.
[+]
By Chyula 2015-06-17 10:07:22  
Shout in town for gil.
By fillerbunny9 2015-06-17 13:20:31  
fillerbunny9 said: »

It won't be sufficient to farm it entirely through your own imprimaturs, but everyone else will have the reduced timer as well. Prices will drop and soliciting people to convert their bayldd for you will be a thing.

I highly question if people will bother. as it stands now, most players cannot be arsed to use their Imprimaturs the ~3 times a week you can cap them as it is. asking more people to spend more time making less gil per sale seems pretty counter intuitive to me.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-06-17 13:39:13  
make gil, buy bayld

anything else is foolish, the rate you can acquire bayld via farming is ridiculous slow when compared to the amount of gil you can acquire doing even the most basic of tasks

you can't spam the adoulin fights for bayld, you're only granted bayld on your first completion per game/real day(i think it's game, but i could be wrong)

also, given assault was reduced from 24h to 10 minutes(99.3% reduction), it's not that unreasonable to think imprimiturs could be similarly reduced to 10 minutes(93%) or 5 minutes(96.5%).
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-06-17 13:48:48  
May not happen due to exp rewards.
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-06-17 13:52:03  
If the price drop is anything like the alex 'price drop' I wouldn't hold my breath.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-17 14:12:40  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
also, given assault was reduced from 24h to 10 minutes(99.3% reduction), it's not that unreasonable to think imprimiturs could be similarly reduced to 10 minutes(93%) or 5 minutes(96.5%).

I think imprims are likely to go to an hour. They're still relevant content in a way that Assaults aren't, since bayld still has real value. Assaults are purely a gate to mythics and salvage entry (which is itself purely a gate to mythics).

Hour-recharge imprims speeds them up significantly without allowing you to just mint bayld.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-06-17 14:13:19  
Asura.Hoshiku said: »
If the price drop is anything like the alex 'price drop' I wouldn't hold my breath.

The changes to ToAU events increased demand for alex. That won't happen with Ergon weapons, at least not anywhere near the degree it has with Mythics.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-06-17 14:15:25  
Lakshmi.Rooks said: »

I think imprims are likely to go to an hour. They're still relevant content in a way that Assaults aren't, since bayld still has real value. Assaults are purely a gate to mythics and salvage entry (which is itself purely a gate to mythics).

Hour-recharge imprims speeds them up significantly without allowing you to just mint bayld.
Neither would surprise me, but unless I'm missing something 5 minute imprims only allow for ~5 h-p bayld an hour, which shouldn't be terribly hard to farm doing reives and certainly doesn't approach potential gil from salvage/dynamis
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-17 14:18:02  
Neither would surprise me, but unless I'm missing something 5 minute imprims only allow for ~5 h-p bayld an hour, which shouldn't be terribly hard to farm doing reives and certainly doesn't approach potential gil from salvage/dynamis

True, but I think SE would rather people farm it in some fashion, than npc click their way to an Ergon weapon. Plus, with those shovel cordon KIs, it could go even lower. I'm like you though, I won't be terribly shocked no matter what they do with it (even leaving it alone won't surprise me).
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-06-17 14:24:46  
At 5 HP bayld an hour that's 150k - 250k an hour depending on your server. A salvage run where you zerg rush the boss and average 70 alex per linen (at 8k per alex - current price on asura) you're looking at 560k an hour (realistically you could make a lot more). I don't see HP Bayld prices dropping when you can make more gil some other way.
First Page 2 3