Cerberus Vagary Linkshell (for Clears)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » Cerberus Vagary Linkshell (for clears)
Cerberus Vagary Linkshell (for clears)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Cerberus.Avalon
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-06-25 10:04:36  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I would like to thank everyone who showed on both Putraxia runs. The first one was a little rocky, although I can admit the alliance setup was not optimal. We managed to fight our way to the boss though on our first attempt.

After I found replacements, and Avalon, the alliance was set up better and we wrecked the zone with minimal deaths and 6 minutes remaining. Full drops as well. Congrats for those who got the clear. Rancibus is next Tuesday, I'll ask for participants closer to the time.

Glad to have helped out. Let me know if you need help with Rancibus.

That zone can be luck-based with picking the pillars but it's more or less a nuke-fest, so you'll want your strongest BLM's, GEO's and SCH's on deck.

Well-geared SMN is also extremely helpful with support and DPS. Shock squall while doing timed nukes (for individual waves of mobs) can turn an otherwise frustrating MP-sink into a smooth experience.

The correlation below is VERY important on which elements are chosen for each Wave. Using the incorrect nukes can result is wipes due to severely damaging TP moves (like Fluid Spread from 10 Slimes).

Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-06-26 16:08:00  
Taking confirmations for Rancibus. Please let me know whether you can make it or not. Those who participated in the first two Putraxia runs on Tuesday, I will assume your confirmation, unless you tell me otherwise.

Those who did not show on Tuesday, left after the first run, or joined on the second run, you will need to confirm your attendance with myself or Quilly before Tuesday.

Players who attended both runs on Tuesday (and don't need to confirm for Rancibus) include: Kylos, Quilly, Tidis, Rizla, Myathi, Vaness, Rusch, Senkyuutai and Switchbladee. (Remind me if I missed anyone.)
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-06-29 13:53:28  
I will be online tonight for those who have yet to confirm their attendance.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-06-29 14:16:06  
Verda said: »
Hey all, I'm on bahamut, and have had bad luck trying to get clears for nearly a month now. I can't put together shouts because I don't have adoulin done yet and am working on WotG and Aht Urgan stories first. 2 times I was in a group they disbanded for lack of attendance, 1 LS event was cancelled for lack of attendance, and the other shout groups didn't have any use for a thf or smn, or even whm. So it's been very difficult to get in. One LS I'm in did put it together for 3 runs. None were successful though the last run we timed out fighting one of the bosses. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share their experience so that maybe I could find someone with the KIs and put together my own group. Without getting in on the shouts though I don't know how it works so I was wondering if anyone had a guide or could let me know their strategies for each vagary fight as for 4 jobs I really need some of the upgraded empy gear.

I wouldn't bother until you have cleared all the Delve zones in Adoulin, and have a really decent damage taken set for any job you wish to bring. If you are still having to focus on old missions, Vagary is not for you. Vagary is meant for players who have beaten everything in Adoulin, including Delve and Skirmish. Vagary is meant for players with fully reforged Artifacts and Relics, and often you will want an ilvl 119 Relic/Mythic/Empyrean Weapon (depending on job), a very well augmented Alluvion weapon, or another 119 weapon from battlefields or delve.

Personally, I have done all the missions, I have cleared all the delve zones, all the wildskeepers, done Skirmish to death (regular Yorcia, Ra'Kaznar and Alluvion Yorcia) and I have many 109 Empyrean gears to go with my reforged AF/Relic. I have also done a number of high-tier battlefields on difficult, so if you can beat Ark Angels and other high-tier fights on difficult, you should be ready. Vagary requires everyone to be paying attention, and for the right jobs to be in the right places in an alliance. I found this out pretty quickly, as my first Putraxia run with my new LS didn't go to plan as I had a couple of jobs in the wrong places.

Vagary isn't that difficult for well-seasoned veterans of the game. You do need to know strategy and how to skillchain, but to be honest, it's easy compared to Delve. You should not focus on Vagary until there really is nothing left for you to do in Adoulin .. except you can ignore Incursion. Incursion isn't really needed, although there's a few good pieces you can get from it.

There isn't a lot of Vagary strategy out there. All I could do was watch YouTube videos and make out what strategy they used. Putraxia is probably the easiest one, but it's all about moving quickly between camps, pulling the NM without aggro (which saves loads of time), and minimizing deaths. The biggest problem is finding the right people on the right jobs, and sadly, melee DD jobs (except SAM) will find it difficult as magic-based DD (BLM, GEO etc) rule in there.

I will give you the strategy I used for our winning Putraxia run (beating it with over 6 minutes left) in a new post.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-06-29 15:13:10  
So first of all you need this map.

Setting up an alliance is not easy, I was building for my LS first run for over a week. I ended up with this alliance for the 2nd run after I used /yell to fill in the blanks.

Tank Pt - (Burtgang) PLDx2, WHM, BRD, GEO, BLU (switched BLU from mage pt to tank pt after first run for Indi-Focus on BLM)

Mage Pt - BLMx3 COR SMN GEO (focus on MAB and MACC. SMN buffs/heals BLM, can be substituted for a SCH though)

DD Pt - SAM RNGx2 BRD COR WHM (originally had RDM instead of WHM for flurry II, haste II (etc.) but the SAM kept dieing due to lack of cures. SAM should be using the appropriate skillchains when possible)

No buffs on entry, just run to the first camp (I-6 corridor) and don't cast anything on the way (eles are magic aggro). When everyone gathers, buff ASAP, and have PLDs voke Ice Elementals to the group. Kill slow to begin with, then have PLDs magic pull eles to gather more after the alliance has got into the flow. (Don't overwhelm the alliance right from the start, that's not cool.)

On our first run, we killed the earth elementals as well, but it turned out to be a waste of time. So just ignore and run to the next camp at I-7. Best to keep the mages in the corridor so they don't magic aggro. So the first NM is an Umbril, and the elementals surrounding it appear to aggro by sound (just a guess, they have long range also), so we decided to give our main PLD Mazurka (movement speed), and Sneak/Inviz. He would aggro pull the Umbril and run out of range before the umbril hits him so the elementals don't aggro. It can be tough to pull without aggro, so be prepared for the worst.

If the elementals aggro, then let the PLD run the Umbril past the alliance and let him tank it down the corridor (and down the slope), while the rest of the alliance SLEEPS (no one was doing sleeps on our first run, which was dangerous) and nuke the elementals down. Repeating sleepga and lullaby is a must, as well as keeping stoneskin and other buffs up. Once the elementals are dead, everyone focuses on the Umbril. If the Elementals did not aggro, then great! You can kill those later after the umbril.

The umbril is quite easy. It can Doom the PLDs so their WHM should be ready for that. I suggested Light Skillchains with Fire, but I didn't check to see what the alliance ended up using. The SAM should back off if they are taking too much of a pounding.

After Umbril/Elementals, the door should open to the south. Next camp is the room in L-10. Have the PLD hunt down all the Water Eles in the area. Once they are all dead, the alliance can set up camp in the K-10 corridor. Similar thing to the Umbril, Mazurka/Snk/Inviz the PLD, hope the PLD pulls Insidivo without aggro. On our run, we had the elementals aggro with the NM, so the PLD kept the NM close to the room, while we slept/killed the elementals quickly.

The Pixie NM is quite powerful. We focused more on Darkness Skillchains and Ice. At some point, Insidivo will do a crippling AOE attack with a LONG range. Even if you are stood as far back as possible to nuke/fire, you will still get hit (probably). Healers should be prepared to cure everyone at that moment. Minimize deaths as much as possible.

Once the NM and eles are dead, the door will open in the room. Kill the dark elementals (watch out for Sleepga!) and then you are ready for Putraxia. Camp in the Dark Ele room. Give PLD mazurka and they can pull the boss to the room. Putraxia isn't too difficult, we used Darkness skillchains and Ice. Told one of our GEO to Bolster at 75% (ish), and the other one at 35% (ish). Died rather easily. Shouldn't pull this if you have five minutes or less on the clock after the Dark Eles.

Not the greatest guide ever. Just kinda threw it out there. Now I need to set up my Vagary run for tomorrow :)
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-06-29 15:39:33  
Just come to Cerberus like everyone else has been lately. Some are long-time Cerbians coming home after a good many years living life abroad, and others are displaced remnants of once-great civilizations whose king's have been banned. These folks are simply looking for a new home and have found their way to ZeroGil.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-06-29 15:50:15  
Avalon I can't be sure if Sephrin is going to show up tomorrow... are you down for some Rancibus?
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-06-29 15:51:39  
Avalon I can't be sure if Sephrin is going to show up tomorrow... are you down for some Rancibus?

Tomorrow? Probably, but it would most likely around the same time as last week (for me).
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-06-29 15:55:57  
Cerberus.Avalon said: »

Tomorrow? Probably, but it would most likely around the same time as last week (for me).

I'm guessing for the 2nd run then. If a GEO spot becomes available.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-06-29 15:57:26  
Cerberus.Avalon said: »

I'm guessing for the 2nd run then. If a GEO spot becomes available.

I have other jobs also btw. SCH (with self SC build) SMN GEO WHM etc.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-06-29 17:05:29  
So just a rough guess on the alliance tomorrow. I wanted to make two mage parties but it would mean leaving some players out and finding six BLM .. so instead I am aiming for a similar setup to the winning Putraxia run.

Tank Party
Tidis PLD
Rizla PLD
Myathi WHM
Vaness BRD
Rusch GEO
Switchbladee BLU

DD Party
Zalorolo RNG
Senkyutaai SAM
Kylos COR
Seiza BRD
Josafath SAM
Tidurusan WHM

Mage Party
Davcon BLM
Kingofhades BLM
Scotchtape BLM
Mettatron GEO
Phrozen COR
Quilly SMN
 Cerberus.Reiden
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2015-06-29 17:38:28  

The Pixie NM is quite powerful. We focused more on Darkness Skillchains and Ice. At some point, Insidivo will do a crippling AOE attack with a LONG range. Even if you are stood as far back as possible to nuke/fire, you will still get hit (probably). Healers should be prepared to cure everyone at that moment. Minimize deaths as much as possible. Stand at 20.2+ distance.

Once the NM and eles are dead, the door will open in the room. Kill the dark elementals (watch out for Sleepga!) and then you are ready for Putraxia. Camp in the Dark Ele room. Give PLD mazurka and they can pull the boss to the room. Putraxia isn't too difficult, we used Darkness skillchains and Ice. Told one of our GEO to Bolster at 75% (ish), and the other one at 35% (ish). Died rather easily. Shouldn't pull this if you have five minutes or less on the clock after the Dark Eles. Be prepared to arise your PLD's asap when he begins to cast death spells, use Vex/Attunement to counter this.

Not the greatest guide ever. Just kinda threw it out there. Now I need to set up my Vagary run for tomorrow :)

Added to your guide in bold. Which zone you guys doing tomorrow?
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-06-29 20:51:08  
Thanks for the info Reiden. We are doing Rancibus.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-06-30 14:33:02  
So we have a confirmed 18 (unless someone pulls out at the last minute). Please refer to this page for elemental weaknesses (or check Avalon's post above).

Your text to link here...
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-06-30 14:44:09  
Ok so change to the alliance. Mrkillface can't make it so two SAMs in the dd party instead.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-06-30 15:00:56  
Have you guys finished your 1st run?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-06-30 15:01:34  
Nope. I am forming the first alliance in exactly 30 minutes time.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-06-30 15:45:40  
Ok still looking for PLD GEO BRD SMN or SCH. 14/18
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-06-30 15:47:59  
Ok still looking for PLD GEO BRD SMN or SCH. 14/18

>_>

I'll be home in 30 min-ish. I'll SMN btw since that's important for that zone.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-06-30 15:54:43  
We might take that long to find people anyway. Quilly can SMN in the tank pt or mage pt, are you going in the mage pt? (also we have no GEO for the mage pt yet)
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-06-30 15:58:46  
We might take that long to find people anyway. Quilly can SMN in the tank pt or mage pt, are you going in the mage pt? (also we have no GEO for the mage pt yet)

SMN isn't just for buffs. I generally Conduit on Rancibus at some point, but that's fine, I can GEO as well.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-06-30 16:03:58  
We have two SMN at the moment with Quilly and Dangerdrj. Last place is GEO in the mage party. I already told them about shock squall, ill tell them about conduit also. Edit: They were already going to Conduit. :p

Should I shout for another Geo or you almost home?
 Cerberus.Kaht
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2015-06-30 16:24:51  
Shame you guys don't run at PST :(
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-06-30 16:52:51  
Clearing the vag? How about CherryPoppers?

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Duimbusters

Lol

I would discuss strategy but Reiden will get mad at me for hurting the clear selling potential D:
 Cerberus.Reiden
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2015-06-30 18:35:01  
Share away, it's on BG anyway.
 Cerberus.Rizla
user: Mystil
By Cerberus.Rizla 2015-06-30 19:22:19  
Sorry i couldnt make the event tonight, i got called to a job in oxfordshire, like a 2hr drive away....
Hope it went well !
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9