Yetshila +1 - Fair Price?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Clothcraft » Yetshila +1 - fair price?
Yetshila +1 - fair price?
 Bahamut.Kisada
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: ySoCereal
By Bahamut.Kisada 2015-05-04 14:58:29  
Went 1/3 (1/7 really but could have went 1/3 if I didn't use the rest of my mats!!) on this today with a skillup!

Haven't seen another for sale / much of them in general with it being one of the few T0 synths left.

Anyone have any idea on what is a fair price for it? I'm not even that long back to the game after a long break. Seen 75M figure floating about, is that still relevant / less / more??

Cost about 1.6M a synth on my server.
 Asura.Heeroyuy
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Heeroyuy 2015-05-04 15:12:16  
I think you'd be a retard to pay 75 mil for an extra 1% crit rate/dmg. That being said, you didn't level the craft to give stuff away. People that wanna be the best will pay for the best. Set a bottom line, and start at 75m. Sell when you get an offer that pleases you and your buyers, and enjoy your extra skill up nest egg.
By ySoxx 2015-05-04 15:20:25  
Hey I want all I can get for it (to cap cloth!! etc) but 100% agree, I'd personally not pay that for it.

Although at this point in the game someone probably would. As you say will put it up and take offers on it.
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2015-05-04 15:27:49  
~70M is about where it should be. Sure, not a lot of people want one but they are worth it for those who do. I'd hang on to it and wait until you get a good price. If they ever buff warrior they will likely be worth more than that.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-05-04 16:37:49  
Only an idiot is going to buy it, that said, there are a surprising amount of idiots...

It's not even worth the cost of the materials, but if you advertise, shout, etc, the right idiot will come, and he'll pay whatever you ask, so aim high.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2015-05-04 17:41:29  
Quetzalcoatl.Senyn said: »
Only an idiot is going to buy it, that said, there are a surprising amount of idiots...

It's not even worth the cost of the materials, but if you advertise, shout, etc, the right idiot will come, and he'll pay whatever you ask, so aim high.

If you focus on one job, and you have everything for that job except this item. You'd be an idiot not to try and get one.
[+]
 Siren.Dekoda
サーバ: Siren
user: Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2015-05-04 18:26:14  
For the sake of principle: Most people speculate T0 synths are about a 1/64 HQ rate, so if materials are 1.6M a synth then on average it would take 64*1,600,000 = 102,400,000 to make an HQ. If you sold all of your NQ's (say, 800k per item), you would make back 800,000 * 63 = 50,400,000. The difference is 52,000,000.

It's not so black and white, I know. There are items that increase HQ rate such as coconut rusk, craftmaster's ring and even orvail ring. This would decrease the number of synths for an HQ. You also have to figure break rate, which is higher for multi skill synths such as this one. This also varies depending on skill and equipment, and it could increase the average number of synths to HQ this.

Even if that all evens out, 52M is a break even price tag (in principle). You still need to make a profit, somewhere around 75M sounds pretty fair. That's like a 50% mark up, I think 25% - 30% would be more realistic at around 65M, but I would start high.

edit changed my math a little, i didnt figure the the money on the NQs he would be making back.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-05-04 18:35:25  
Ragnarok.Fasaga said: »

If you focus on one job, and you have everything for that job except this item. You'd be an idiot not to try and get one.

Ever heard of the crazy/hot matrix? It works for everything, not just how datable is a ***.

value/stupidity scale, improves your dps <1%, 80m = stupid, no matter how you slice it, no matter how hard you try to justify it. There's nothing inherently wrong with being stupid, just so long as you know that you are.
99/100 humans are in fact stupid... so, it's not all bad.

But that's irrelevant, and likely going to bunch your panties until you spam the report button.

OP: No one with a brain is going to pay it's calculated value, especially considering the meta and the impending game over/bans.

"calculated value" is going to take a sizable hit, all things considered.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-05-04 18:35:55  
Should at the very least be using craftmaster's ring, putting it at 2.56%. With orvail, 3.56%. This reduces expected cost to 62.5M or 44.9M, respectively. Selling a few NQs will reduce expected cost even more.

That said, also agreeing that it will sell at 75M. It's not because of potential cost, profit, or any silly entitlement like that. It's because crests are rare enough that making your own is essentially not an option. If you want it, you have to pay what's being charged or camp AH for literally months worth of crests. Even with both rings, it's 67 days worth of claiming every crest on AH to produce one on average, with variance creating potential for well over double that.

You're not paying for the crafter's time, you're paying for an item you want and the removal of AH camping/variance.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Jsmooth
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Jsmooth 2015-05-04 19:23:38  
0/40ish attempting that synth. 60m+ easy sale!
By Kaerin 2015-05-04 22:51:24  
Some people (like me) like to have the best of the best, and work towards it. After updates end if this is still best for blade hi, I'll buy one. Since its so expensive to synth and t0 I'd probably pay up to about 100m. If I were you I wouldn't take less than about 85m for it.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-05-04 23:16:05  
Legitimate question, when updates end, and it's still best in slot, why the *** would you bother buying one?

Why would/are you still playing actually, actual confusion on my part. Literally, what's the point now.
By Kaerin 2015-05-04 23:25:26  
Legitimate question, when updates end, and it's still best in slot, why the *** would you bother buying one?

Why would/are you still playing actually, actual confusion on my part. Literally, what's the point now.

I just came back after a 3 year break to play the end. I always liked this game and I intend to retire from it the way I always played it. With the best gear possible for my favorite job. Also I'm having fun with it. You can try and poo poo on the game all you want but guess what, you're posting on an ffxi message board. That's worse than playing. I didn't post here or anywhere and didnt look when I quit, why are you here? Sounds to me like you really want to play.

(Also 100m is like nothing, what's it take a week or two of effort to farm? That's not very much compared to old school ffxi.)
[+]
 Bismarck.Dubai
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-05-05 02:52:25  
If you could transfer it to Bismarck, I will buy it!
 Ragnarok.Loughry
user: Loughry
By Ragnarok.Loughry 2015-05-05 03:19:11  
What good is gil if you're not using it to buy stuff you want? Please keep in mind there are people with hundreds of millions of gil, 75M is chump change to some, and its just a number to look at, make yourself happy and buy what you want.
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2015-05-05 04:49:50  

Surely that's the complete opposite. If updates stop and it's best in slot, it's NEVER going to be replaced - that item is best in slot forever? Why would anyone NOT buy the best in slot forever item?
[+]
 Bismarck.Lucried
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Lucried
By Bismarck.Lucried 2015-05-05 04:55:38  
i like how people are like you can make back money on the nq's. i have like 20+ sitting in my inventory and i can't push them to save my life. the only value this synth really has is the HQ. with that said 75m is fair in my opinion. nothing wrong with wanting the best. the people that complain about items like this are typically to lazy to farm the gil which is easier than it ever has been really. to anyone that wants this there is two options. 1: farm the gil and find someone selling it. 2: stock a bunch of materials and hope for a hq. i did #2 personally.
[+]
By ySoxx 2015-05-05 07:25:48  
Thanks for all the replies! Didn't expect quite so many!!

It's in my bazaar at max, willing to haggle obviously. :)

Had some interest cross server but don't want to do that.

Re: selling back NQ's, not an easy feat!! They sell one every few or even more days, at a 900k loss and if you aren't lucky like I got with this you could have 40+ to sell, would take forever and the price would tank.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [150 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2015-10-01 20:33:04  
Have one of these for sale on Ragnarok, would consider transferring for the right price. Is anyone interested?