How Active Is Shiva? Anyone Remember Me?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Shiva » How active is Shiva? Anyone remember me?
How active is Shiva? Anyone remember me?
 Shiva.Kinzu
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Pra
By Shiva.Kinzu 2015-05-30 21:25:04  
Shiva.Hiep said: »
They all quit, none were missed except Darksniper.

Darksniper lol.
By Ladyofhonor 2015-05-30 23:31:23  
aisukage said: »
Ladyofhonor said: »
Trinity - Bots/hacks at a rate similar to Zenmetsu in the days of old.
Minions - Left them because they supported a botter (who has since been banned...)
Digi's LS - Did a Vagary with them, they told me most nights peaked at 4 people online and that night was a crazy exception.

I bet someone in any ls you join even on asura bots. doesn't matter what server you are on there it is most likely that someone bots in any ls you join especially an active event ls. there are bots all around you, must drive you mad. So if thats how you really feel about these bots why even bother playing seriously.

Also there is LarryMC's ls which is full of nice people and do events a few nights a week filling up the alliance most nights and clear vagery/delve with 0 problems. So if you actually look there are some decent LS's.

Anyways this brings back memories of AlexanderDrama fun times :D

That's such a poor argument. There are LS's where people refuse to bot. Or at least LS's where botters keep it on the down low and don't do it in an exceptionally obvious way, and yell about it in LS chat. When you have a character either talking in LS chat or running around Kamihr Drifts dualboxing reives 16 hours a day, it gets a little obvious.

Just like how Windower has been made to never endorse botting, but Ashita was made to pretty much make botting easier/streamlined, there are always two camps (and technically a 3rd camp who refuses to use either program). Plenty of people refuse to bot. I personally think that as soon as you pass that threshold into cheating territory, you have given up all challenge and purpose to a game.
 Shiva.Vosslerr
By Shiva.Vosslerr 2015-05-31 04:22:09  
Some of us GD are still around :p I did have a sort of hiatus for awhile though lol.
 Shiva.Vosslerr
By Shiva.Vosslerr 2015-05-31 05:16:29  
Oh I wasn't missed.. :( I see how it is Kinzu.. Any taru that takes a break is always missed. :)
 Shiva.Kienasia
user: kienasia
By Shiva.Kienasia 2015-05-31 06:55:56  
I entered greater devil at a later period, where most people shifted to proganyofalexander. Which later on disbanded as well. I still play every now and then, but I mostly just mess around now. lol (Hello to those who know me. If not, hi anyway)
 Shiva.Fereydoon
user: Fereydoon
By Shiva.Fereydoon 2015-05-31 12:57:59  
Ladyofhonor said: »
Asura.Vinedrius said: »
Shiva.Aisuu said: »
Well if you don't like it you could of easily just shouted for your own groups. The MNK only shout is a little silly but it is their choice since they are the ones shouting.

The whole situation is quite dumb cause i see and hear people mocking those that do shout and the people that do mock them usually complain about how nothing is going on and won't even shout for their own group.

Exactly.

While I was still on Shiva, I always respected Samu's effort while so many people used to (and looks like they still do...) mock him in shouts and never bother themselves to make shouts for content.

At least, the guy is trying and giving an opportunity for others to do something other than standing fake afk in the city all day. But it seems those dumb people find it more productive to do nothing but talk ***.

Have you ever actually joined a Samusaron group?

Just once. When Legion first came out and we went into Hall of An, and he promptly informed us that we had to stun the behemoth when it casted meteor. Among other things that made the run go to hell.
 Shiva.Kinzu
By Shiva.Kinzu 2015-05-31 18:30:41  
Shiva.Vosslerr said: »
Oh I wasn't missed.. :( I see how it is Kinzu.. Any taru that takes a break is always missed. :)

Hey there! Lol, yeah.
 Shiva.Aisuu
user: aisukage
By Shiva.Aisuu 2015-06-01 10:00:17  
Shiva.Kinzu said: »

Hey there! Lol, yeah.

Hey Kinzu long time no see. What you upto now?
 Shiva.Keman
user: Keman
By Shiva.Keman 2015-06-01 10:21:42  
I could see Asura being more populated as they have had quite the reputation around the forums, but that is not a negative towards Shiva.

Shiva still is a great server(Second to Alex of course, have to rep the home server) and I have never had any problem at all getting enough people together for 100% of any and all content. If anything you might could say it is a little more JP heavy, I thought that kind of carried over from Alex.(maybe all servers are the same in that regard but I can't say)

Don't hate on the server Lady because one person said you weren't good enough for there shout group. Sounds to me like you have been around some shitty LS's/people in your opinion and that is the server as a whole.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-06-01 12:16:46  
If you think this has much to do with Icyhot...lol. I've quit like 4x through SoA, almost entirely related on frustration with the endgame of the server.

Being JP heavy is certainly a Shiva trait (so possibly both Shiva and Alexander) and according to FFXIAH transactions Asura has about 1500~ more active players (who knows how accurate that is) and certainly seems to be an english dominated server. There are constant events going on, totally unlike Shiva, despite you being able to shout and make a group every once in a while.

But hey, you like Shiva, that's fine. It's a totally different experience over here you'll never understand by covering your eyes and ears and singing about Shiva being just fine.

Edit: To put some numbers to it, 1:24pm EST and there's 832 people on on Asura. Last I checked this was more than anything but peak JP time on Shiva.
 Shiva.Keman
By Shiva.Keman 2015-06-01 12:56:29  
All I'm saying is that Shiva isn't as bad as you seem to be making it out to be. If you didn't like the endgame on the server nothing was stopping you from making friends and getting your own group together to do it. I did that exact thing.

I agree Asura I would assume is the most populated server out of them all, I do not however think everyone should just ditch there servers and run over there because someone did a shout group and after 20 mins decided to bring a SMN to something.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-06-01 13:17:16  
Shiva.Keman said: »
All I'm saying is that Shiva isn't as bad as you seem to be making it out to be. If you didn't like the endgame on the server nothing was stopping you from making friends and getting your own group together to do it. I did that exact thing.

I agree Asura I would assume is the most populated server out of them all, I do not however think everyone should just ditch there servers and run over there because someone did a shout group and after 20 mins decided to bring a SMN to something.

That was one anecdote. The overall activity of the server and constant shout groups are why you would want to switch. You'll find more people for events and find more events you don't need to lead here.

On Shiva there are around 2 people who will shout and make a Vagary group. On Asura there are around 2 Vagary groups a night. Hell my last week on Shiva it was rare to even see a Yorcia skirmish shout. And it's pretty much constant for that over on Asura. The activity levels are extremely different between the servers. Really, SE should be merging servers, but last I heard they weren't going to do that again. I've had many conversations on Shiva about how they need to merge servers. From friends, from LS mates, from random yelling conversations. On Asura it doesn't feel like a merge is needed.

Edit: Just saw an Ouryu shout go from 2/6 needing WHM and BRD to full in 12 minutes at 2:30pm eastern US time on a Monday. I've personally shouted as well as seen shouts that fail to get a full group after an hour on Shiva during similar times.
 Shiva.Keman
By Shiva.Keman 2015-06-01 13:54:20  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
activity of the server and constant shout groups are why you would want to switch.

I guess this is where we differ, I would never do that, and would never suggest for anyone to do that either. That's basically saying things are tough here and everyone should just run over there because its easier.

I love when people have a little pride in there home server(or whatever you want to supply to this concept) and wont just run away at the first sign of adversity.

I get it your new server is much easier for you to sit afk in western adoulin till you hand pick out a shout group you want to join and then then just show up. I still don't see the reason to try and put down the Shiva server.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-06-01 14:07:42  
activity of the server and constant shout groups are why you would want to switch.

I guess this is where we differ, I would never do that, and would never suggest for anyone to do that either. That's basically saying things are tough here and everyone should just run over there because its easier.

I love when people have a little pride in there home server(or whatever you want to supply to this concept) and wont just run away at the first sign of adversity.

I get it your new server is much easier for you to sit afk in western adoulin till you hand pick out a shout group you want to join and then then just show up. I still don't see the reason to try and put down the Shiva server.

And I'm not sure why you're white knighting Shiva. Asura shouts on FFXIAH go back less than an hour. Shiva shouts for back about 5 hours, and most of it buying beitetsu or alex. Shiva is dead. And the very original topic of this thread is about Shiva's activity, so it being dead is quite relevant to the discussion at hand.

I mean, I guess I can get the mentality, so many have an online stockholm syndrome with this game in regards to the "adversity" they must face to "accomplish" things. But it's an absurd concept. On Shiva you hardly get to play the game because it's damn near dead.
 Shiva.Keman
By Shiva.Keman 2015-06-01 14:22:29  
It just sounds to me like you think everyone should jump ship from Shiva and any other servers that share the current population numbers, based solely on your inability to do things on said server.

I'm simply saying that per the very original topic of this thread, that this server is not as bad as you are seeming to make it out to be.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-06-01 14:26:27  
It just sounds to me like you think everyone should jump ship from Shiva and any other servers that share the current population numbers, based solely on your inability to do things on said server.

I'm simply saying that per the very original topic of this thread, that this server is not as bad as you are seeming to make it out to be.

And you seem to think the issues I am talking about are specific solely to me, but there have been server-wide discussions about needing a merger on Shiva. I've seen people have issues filling out a damn bat party on Shiva before. It's sad over there, especially relative to other servers.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-06-01 14:32:10  
Shiva, rather, the entire game, has needed another server merge for years. It blows my mind how SE never put that into action, considering how the previous one was a success. That ship has obviously sailed, but maybe someday SE will tell us why.
By fillerbunny9 2015-06-01 14:40:57  
SE won't do a merge because they're convinced that players will come back in droves for Rhapsodies of Vana'diel. after November when it has come to a head, I bet by January they announce plans to merge lower pop. servers again.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-06-01 14:43:54  
They used the exact same mentality with Adoulin, except they forgot to announce the merge.
 Shiva.Keman
By Shiva.Keman 2015-06-01 14:48:35  
I would welcome a Merger as would most to this server, but Shiva is not dead and I just didn't appreciate you proclaiming it was. >.>

I'm sorry I wasn't invited to the server wide conversation about needing a merger, if I would have been I would have tried to talk to people and help them figure out how to get things done so they wouldn't have to leave all their friends behind and run to another server. I'm sorry I wasn't there to help all of you all in your time of need.

If it makes people feel better about the state of the server, despite someone's proclamation about the server being dead, the Creator of this thread has since transferred TO shiva (not away from it) and has gotten multiple things done as well as even some Vagary wins. I invite anyone over to do the same. I swear we are not all like Lady, seriously we aren't please believe me. ; ;

Edit: dammit I swear I started out writing that post as a sincere nice one and not as an over the top satirical rambling. :/
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-06-01 14:59:45  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Shiva, rather, the entire game, has needed another server merge for years. It blows my mind how SE never put that into action, considering how the previous one was a success. That ship has obviously sailed, but maybe someday SE will tell us why.

Asura doesn't need a server merge from the looks of things. It's at a solid population. Which makes Shiva seem all the more dead, as per my point in this thread.

fillerbunny9 said: »
SE won't do a merge because they're convinced that players will come back in droves for Rhapsodies of Vana'diel. after November when it has come to a head, I bet by January they announce plans to merge lower pop. servers again.

I doubt this is their thought process. More likely they simply think if people want to switch they can get more money out of it, hence the half off server migration deal last month.

Keman, I appreciate your efforts into helping the server get things done. Upon my requests for things to do, specifically Vagary clears (since I last quit as Vagary was released and came back for the free period) I was told to join one of your shouts specifically. Granted, this is because there are so few other good shouts you may very well be one of the only good groups on the server, which is certainly my impression. I wish I had seen one of your shouts during my free time, which sadly is very scarce these days, and also generally during non-peak hours. Outside of the standard NA peak hours, Shiva is pretty close to dead. Asura has groups going across the clock, it's a world of difference, and only secures in my mind the idea that Shiva is a dead server. I'm sure there are worse servers, but...that's not really much comfort.
 Shiva.Keman
By Shiva.Keman 2015-06-01 15:11:07  
ok yeah I sometimes might be a little over the top, maybe that's because I have to combat your truths with me just speaking louder and more to talk my own self into believing everything is ok. (but seriously everything is fine, its fine I say, this game and this server will be going for another 20 years. please don't tell me differently)

Yes I do run a Vagary LS, that runs every Monday and Friday at 9PMEST and we sometimes have to fill the last few spots with shout people depending on who all will be showing up. we get all the wins and will be doing a couple Body/Leg wins tonight.

And I am open up to anyone else here, feel free to PM me or message me in game. we are always welcome to more people(with decent mindsets to the game).

Edit: Also if anyone needs a pep talk about how to get things done on their server, feel free to message me. I can gladly detail the great struggles of Keman and how he so longed to achieve content that had eluded him. Thus causing him to gather up forces and tackle the roadblocks to overcome all adversity and finally achieve his goal of slaying Bubbly Bernie. (For real thoe I "ain't never" killed that crab, ain't nobody got time for that. But I can talk about how I got all the best players together that I knew of and we kept trying(what was delve at the time) until we finally figured it all out and got all the wins)
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-06-01 15:30:41  
Asura needs a server merge as much every other server, 900 people is a pathetic pop count. 2500-3000 active is ideal, this game really only needs 5-6 servers.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-06-01 15:45:47  
Asura needs a server merge as much every other server, 900 people is a pathetic pop count. 2500-3000 active is ideal, this game really only needs 5-6 servers.

I'm not so sure. 2500-3000 worked when EXP parties were a thing and 90% of what you did was leveling. Now leveling is far from that. There is instancing issues with most endgame events and I think 2500-3000 people per server would essentially make a lot of content bottlenecked to near unplayability, similar to early AA's.
By fillerbunny9 2015-06-01 16:27:17  

Asura doesn't need a server merge from the looks of things. It's at a solid population. Which makes Shiva seem all the more dead, as per my point in this thread.

fillerbunny9 said: »

I doubt this is their thought process. More likely they simply think if people want to switch they can get more money out of it, hence the half off server migration deal last month.

um, no. Matsui outright said that they would not be merging servers because of Rhapsodies.

Pantafernando said: »
Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post

Q: Are there plans to merge servers due to the declining player base?
A: At least until the completion of “Rhapsodies of Vana’diel” in November 2015, there are no plans for merging unless something major comes up. After completion, we do have some plans in the event that players are giving feedback about not being able to form parties and more players voicing their requests for server merges. As far as how we’ll merge, we’ll be looking into how to handle this such as merging two Worlds into one World, or transferring players from one World to a World of their choosing.
 Shiva.Kinzu
By Shiva.Kinzu 2015-06-01 17:52:16  
Shiva.Aisuu said: »
Shiva.Kinzu said: »

Hey there! Lol, yeah.

Hey Kinzu long time no see. What you upto now?

Hey there! Not too much, played 14 for a while. Got burnt out from it. I logged in to XI sometime last fall (Sep 14) during the free login campaign I logged in to see whats new, but nothing caught my eye at the time. Might pop back on at some point. Although, I ended up giving most of my stuff away once I quit. Just casually playing Counter strike Global Offensive now.

How's stuff on your end? Great seeing a lot of old faces on here!
By aisukage 2015-06-02 07:56:28  
And you seem to think the issues I am talking about are specific solely to me, but there have been server-wide discussions about needing a merger on Shiva. I've seen people have issues filling out a damn bat party on Shiva before. It's sad over there, especially relative to other servers.

Asura is more populated but it doesn't make it a better server that is the players preference where you are blind i know a few very good players move to shiva from Asura over the years all complaining the same thing the majority aren't worth playing with that the 1st merger ruined asura i have seen the arguments on this forum just as much as heard it from those players that moved away from asura. Now that won't apply to everyone infact i have spoken to some nice people from asura also but it doesn't make it a saint of a server. I myself have been tempted to move servers because I'm from the UK and my prime time is a little quiet but early my time and late my time during JP and NA prime time it is fine which i think Tanag if i remember is NA so he will still be fine here and enjoy shiva just as much as most people from shiva. You will fit there just fine because you obviously weren't liked here, I don't know you but on many accounts i have heard and seen people express how horrible a person you were. I even had 1 person that found out you moved to asura and was like thank god i didn't know him but i did a couple of things with this person and what a relief he moved. So word of advice don't make the same mistake there as you made here.

Now to Tanags question instead of being butt hurt by Shiva. This server has active players and is still a good server if you know people and aren't an ***. i know of another that has quit the game for now because he couldn't get into any vagary groups because the groups actually doing it (there are a few good solid groups constantly doing vagery) didn't like the guy because he was hot headed also. i joined a kaggen group just yesterday and they got 18 people within 30 mins of shouting and had a friend pick up 3 random people for yorcia in 10-15mins by shouting. I find this server still perfectly active for NA/JP time. Only time that does lack is EU prime time in my opinion there are a few EU players still active just not many. The 2 hours before JP midnight till 4/5 hours after is probably the quietest times where most the JP's go to sleep and the NA majority are working. Any other time is fine.