The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 92 93 94 ... 149 150 151
 Asura.Blitzjr
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blitzjr 2017-09-24 23:44:39  
Asura.Toralin said: »

You using path D with those physical pact pants?
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-09-25 16:29:40  
Avatar's stats at lvl 122 (doesn't include Carbuncle/spirits) :
STR 224
DEX 221
VIT 213
AGI 215
INT 227
MND 194
CHR 196

99 > 119 they gain 102 pts per stat
99 > 121 they gain 112 pts per stat
99 > 122 they gain 120 pts per stat

It is finally possible to see their stats while using Atomos on the Bozzetto Pilferer after Status Theft. This move, unlike all the other absorb-stats moves I know, steals the exact total stat amount and doesn't decay over time.
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
サーバ: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-09-25 16:35:37  
Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Avatar's stats at lvl 122 (doesn't include Carbuncle/spirits) :
STR 224
DEX 221
VIT 213
AGI 215
INT 227
MND 194
CHR 196

99 > 119 they gain 102 pts per stat
99 > 121 they gain 112 pts per stat
99 > 122 they gain 120 pts per stat

It is finally possible to see their stats while using Atomos on the Bozzetto Pilferer after Status Theft. This move, unlike all the other absorb-stats moves I know, steals the exact total stat amount and doesn't decay over time.
OH wow, Thank you for that info!
By quilly 2017-09-26 19:47:12  
When are we going to get new armor sets that include the new AF+1,2,3 gears. Also the new acc's that are dropped in Reisenjima and Omen zones?
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-09-26 20:22:05  
The OP hasn't been updated, but there are numerous sets within the last ~5 pages that are very up-to-date.
By Tarage 2017-09-29 04:30:54  
Maybe I missed it but why is double attack good for physical BPs?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-29 04:33:07  
Tarage said: »
It's not good for "Physical BPs". It's good for Physical BPs which transfer TP over all hits.
For those BP every additional hit (wether innate with the BP itself or added through DA) benefits from the FTP transfer thing, making every additional hit as powerful as the initial one, basically.

Up to the obvious cap of 8 hits per turn of course
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-09-29 08:37:09  

It's good for BP's like Volt Strike which has Double Attack as a modifier.
By Tarage 2017-09-29 12:40:53  
Two more questions then.

1. Which BPs have TP transfer?
2. Which is better? Thurandaut ring +1 or Varar Ring +1? Is Thurandaut worth getting at all?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-29 13:14:23  
For your first question I think it's like this
R: Chaotic Strike, Volt Strike
I: Double Punch
S: Rush
F: Eclipse Bite
T: uh... none?
G: Predator's Claws
L: None
C: None
CS: None
D: None that I recall

No clue on your second question but I'd dare to say at least for the majority of BPs/Situations Varar+1 should win.
By Tarage 2017-09-29 14:32:08  
Interesting. I had been planning on upgrading my Thurandaut once I'm able to, but now I might go with the refresh +2 ring instead and just buy a second Varar. That'll be a lot cheaper than getting a Stikini Ring +1...
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-09-29 14:34:01  
Interesting. I had been planning on upgrading my Thurandaut once I'm able to, but now I might go with the refresh +2 ring instead and just buy a second Varar. That'll be a lot cheaper than getting a Stikini Ring +1...

Well if breaking the 670 Tier is something you're interested in doing, you'll still need a Stikini+1 OR one piece of Baayami+1.
By Tarage 2017-09-29 14:42:30  
Asura.Avallon said: »

Well if breaking the 670 Tier is something you're interested in doing, you'll still need a Stikini+1 OR one piece of Baayami+1.

I plan on getting Baayami +1 anyway, since I have a friend who is working on a crafting shield and will be able to make them.

The thing that's been daunting for me is that 200m price tag for the ring. I already farmed up a storm for all Apogee +1 a while back and I just don't have the energy to do that again.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-09-29 16:09:52  
Asura.Sechs said: »

No clue on your second question but I'd dare to say at least for the majority of BPs/Situations Varar+1 should win.

In all BP situations Varar and Varar+1 will beat thurandaut.

november 2016 update is the DA/TP one

The damage adjustments to the following Blood Pacts: Rage will now apply to all hits.

Eclipse Bite / Double Punch / Predator Claws / Rush / Chaotic Strike / Volt Strike
[+]
By Tarage 2017-09-29 17:11:18  
Asura.Frod said: »

In all BP situations Varar and Varar+1 will beat thurandaut.

november 2016 update is the DA/TP one

The damage adjustments to the following Blood Pacts: Rage will now apply to all hits.

Eclipse Bite / Double Punch / Predator Claws / Rush / Chaotic Strike / Volt Strike

I see. Thanks for the info everyone. I had fallen off the treadmill when Omen came out and I couldn't find a group to run with. It seems I missed quite a bit of changes. I'll re-adjust my gear.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-09-29 19:38:26  
I have Incarnation belt for physical BP, but without Shulmanu, what's my next best? What about for magical BPs with no Adad/Regal?
 Shiva.Znitch
サーバ: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2017-09-29 23:20:58  
I was using Deino Collar for magical and Empath Necklace for physical before Adad/Shulmanu. As for waist, it's been a while... Caller's Sash, maybe?
By kishr 2017-09-30 08:31:53  
Going through smn research
Past week, this seems pretty solid

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/The_Heretical_Art:_Comprehensive_Summoner_Guide#Equipsets

Just research gear and gear set you need a bit and you'll be fine
If you know what avatars do and abilities etc, skip to gear sets
Part of that web page.
Imo, just focus on perp, fc, BP delay-, physical bp and mag bp sets
Just those 5 for starters you'll be fine.
[+]
 Leviathan.Sidra
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-09-30 13:43:17  
I am try to put together a capped Perpetuation set that gets in some Personal DT for me. I find I am made of paper in situations I need to be in AOE range with my Avatar out. Other than the Caller's Pendant which I would like to keep on, I don't really have much of a preference besides what works the best. Still need some refresh too.

Anyone have a set like this or some good ideas?
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-09-30 14:22:44  
Leviathan.Sidra said: »
I am try to put together a capped Perpetuation set that gets in some Personal DT for me. I find I am made of paper in situations I need to be in AOE range with my Avatar out. Other than the Caller's Pendant which I would like to keep on, I don't really have much of a preference besides what works the best. Still need some refresh too.

Anyone have a set like this or some good ideas?
moonbow/beam cape
Loricate torque
Defending ring.
Regal Belt
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-30 15:33:43  
Is it worth to lose thelevel +1 on the cape though'
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-09-30 16:54:47  
Is it worth to lose thelevel +1 on the cape though'

+ level doesn't matter in between pacts.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-09-30 16:57:07  
Depends on the situation. I guess it is worth going full -DT if AoE is unavoidable or using strats where SMN has to stack with everyone else. One of the benefits of SMN of course if we can stay out of most AoE. +1 lvl cape can always be swapped in for BPs.

+1 lvl to pet gives my pet
(measurable) +~37 acc +28 attk +~22 eva/22 def +attributes

But the reason I like to full-time my cape is the +10 pet regen augment on it. It is a big part of my pet -dt/regen set. Works well with companion's roll up so I can build to 1000 TP in between BP rounds without losing tp to a dead avatar and only swap in a fresh avatar every other round or to reset hate.
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-09-30 17:10:34  
Nah I don't need max and I am not too worried about the Avatar. Gonna just work in D.Ring and Regal Belt to see if it takes enough of a bite off and go from there. Main offenders are that stupid Omen Craven - way more dangerous for me than anyone else, and if Kyou wants to be annoying and Comet or Meteor near his Bravado's while I am in transit.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-09-30 17:12:52  
Nah I don't need max and I am not too worried about the Avatar. Gonna just work in D.Ring and Regal Belt to see if it takes enough of a bite off and go from there. Main offenders are that stupid Omen Craven - way more dangerous for me than anyone else, and if Kyou wants to be annoying and Comet or Meteor near his Bravado's while I am in transit.
Yeah, I D.ring full time on most dangerous events. It's a good relatively inexpensive thing to focus on.

Only downside is RNG can be a harsh mistress, but you probably get more -DT per gil/unit of time spent farming than anything else that you can buy given shank prices are pretty low in most servers and the game basically gives about 1 free shank a month.

As for Kyou, you can safely stand outside his meteor range and run in in-between meteors. This will in part depend on how your tank positions himself but meteor is aoe around the tank so if you stand opposite the tank with kyou in between you could be in BP range while still avoiding meteor. If it goes off while you're running in, -DT may not help if you are midswap and it hits you. So you have to balance that too with what your giving your avatar. My pet has survived meteors from kyou before with fade up and my full pet -dt in force.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-09-30 18:29:33  

for craver you should be conduiting and bolstering frailty. a WHM's cureskin w/pro&shell should let you last take him down before he kills you.
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-09-30 20:09:49  
Never Conduited him.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-09-30 23:21:22  
Never Conduited him.
In my groups we just conduit down the midboss and take the end boss down as is, Especially Craver since extended view sinc spammage is just a grind on healer resources.

have a pld pull him to the stone and wedge in, geo runs up and geo-frailties and runs away, WHM targets you, puts up pro and shell and cures you once for skin, and keeps an eye on you as you go in range, pop af/ac and volt strike him down.

Gorger and thinker go down just as easy. Just make sure the PLD runs away when ramuh takes hate so that they don't eat a hilarious pain sync.
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-09-30 23:38:08  
You crazy. I am gonna NOT tell the PLD to run away so I can watch the most glorious pain sync ever.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-10-01 09:07:55  
You crazy. I am gonna NOT tell the PLD to run away so I can watch the most glorious pain sync ever.

Damage against player can break the 99k cap.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 92 93 94 ... 149 150 151