The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 99 100 101 ... 149 150 151
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-12-28 06:02:52  
Granted I only did a handful of runs on RUN I never remotely thought to be using Elemental Sforzo lol, bet I would've been fine with that.
Most runs were over before I even got to the Rayke part of my "rotation", so you can get an idea of how hardly I was pressed to make things "better" lol

And yeah I agree Odyllic Subterfuge is useless. Back then though the way to 100% avoid paralyze wasn't known yet, so it seemed wise to use it to reduce the chance of possible Paralyze to ruin your pt's Flaming Crush spam :)

Alas I can't help you on your TP>Accuracy question. I would suggest you to search this thread but I'm aware it's not easy to find that kind of information. I remember someone doing some tests about all the BPs that had their TP effect changed during that patch, and reading the results here.

Your accuracy seems a bit low to me, but maybe I'm thinking about something else.
How did you measure it? Did you use /checkparam <pet> with Avatar out, while wearing your Flaming Crush midcast set?
Make sure to wait a few seconds before using /checkparam after equipping it.
Also be aware that some stats conferring accuracy do not get acounted by the /checkparam command, like SMN skill above a certain threshold converts to a certain amount of acc/macc but you won't see it in the /checkparam command.

Drachen Roll should grant around ~60 acc on average with Regal Necklace, without Crooked Cards.
Entrusted Torpor is also eva-50 so ~50 more acc to say.

Papesse did say in this thread that you need around ~1420 accuracy to cap on the NM on VD difficulty, if I recall.
By Pantafernando 2017-12-28 06:13:50  
Ive been using barthundra to prevent the long stun effect but i guess thats almost useless as the pet itself gets stunned and lise like 10 secs of astral cond. I also wiped on consecultive paralyzes on smn and virus sucking all my mp. In the end, imo winning or losing is just a matter how many unresisted/fulldmg fc you can deal. Slow a bit, have lots of guarded fc and hardly there is room to recover.
By clearlyamule 2017-12-28 10:31:23  
Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
I'm talking about regular resists, not damage reduction due to repeated casts. Does that actually apply to WS/BP's even? Like if a bunch of COR's leaden something at the same time, you won't get dmg reduction will you?
It should

update said:
An accumulative magic resistance effect has been implemented for monsters that /check as "impossible to gauge."

Affected Magic Types
The following magic types will trigger the accumulative magic resistance effect when used repeatedly on monsters whose strength is "impossible to gauge":
Black magic (elemental)
White magic (divine)
Ninjutsu
Magical Blood Pact abilities
Magical blue magic
Magical weapon skills (Spirits Within, Red Lotus, etc.)
Certain job abilities (Chi Blast, Mijin Gakure, etc.)

Resistance Fluctuation
When a monster with accumulative magic resistance is hit by a magic attack, the amount of damage it receives will decrease in accordance with that monster's resistance. At the same time, its resistance will increase.

The monster's resistance will increase in accordance with the amount of damage incurred, but each monster has a maximum resistance level.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-12-28 11:01:30  
Yes, you get cumulative magic resistance with Flaming Crush, especially during Conduit.
[+]
 Shiva.Alistrianna
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2017-12-28 11:26:40  
BP's also have weird resist states iirc. A resist usually goes straight to 50% damage reduction. This could be happening with Flaming Crush's magic portion as well.
By geigei 2017-12-28 11:47:39  
About those resist, probably just missed hits, i only did D this month and once i start using shiro+1 i did 99k always, nq smn no nirvana. Using akamochi i was getting some lower dmg. Never guarded any hits.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-12-28 12:30:27  
You can tell by the damage splits whether it's accuracy or magic accuracy.

There are 3 physical hits. A miss should result in 2/3 normal damage, two misses should result in 1/3 normal damage. So for misses, you'll see damage ranges like 30k / 60k / 99k.

A magic hit resist should result in just a little over 1/2 normal damage, or a little over 1/4 normal damage. For those, you'll see damage ranges like 15k-25k / 45-55k / 85-99k.

If it's due to the cumulative resistance building, you'll also see some that aren't resisted but still deal decreased damage. For example it might go from 99k down to 90k or 87k. That means the elemental resist kicked in, but you didn't actually get resisted, you just hit the temporary SDT buff given by the cumulative effect.

Identifying why Flaming Crush damage is lower than expected isn't easy because of all the variables involved. The first thing to check is accuracy & magic accuracy which you can eyeball using the methods above. If neither fits, it could just be an attack problem, or you could be getting misses AND resists.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-12-28 18:51:22  
There's actually only 2 physical hits aren't there? And most of the dmg is in the first hit if I recall...

And huh, never realized cumulative resistance affected WS, or maybe it was just such a long time ago and I'd forgotten about it, hehe.
By clearlyamule 2017-12-28 18:59:26  
Well it was 11 years ago so easy to miss. Especially since it only applies to nms, has to be done in fairly short succession and well generally you doing big magical ws to end a skillchain or something. Seem to recall some hubbub about it effecting the old everyone gather 3k to and spirits within strata though

Byrth did some limited testing on values awhile back but it's kind of hard to nail down since different nms have different values/caps and it's the whole how much it gains is dependent on dmg taken but then it wears off. Think he got a couple nms to seem to cap at about 10% and 30% but only sampled a few.

The description says 2 but I think byrth did some testing a long time ago? Idk think some testing might need to be done over at some point just because wasn't that complete and I think our understanding of hybrids wasn't the best at the time. Also we have new things to help test. If no one else does I'll see if I can get to it. Burning strike might be a good starting point as well
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-12-28 19:13:13  
I recall people were using pettp to gauge how many physical hits it was... Could just find a nin yagudo and FC right into utsu.

I am curious about the actual dmg split on the hits though, can't find any testing at all on the ftp for FC. You definitely occasionally see FC hits that are like, 1/10 of the usual dmg on trash mobs, lol.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2017-12-28 19:15:09  
The in-game description says threefold attack that deals fire elemental damage.

EDIT: I thought Byrth did fTP testing for Crush a long time ago? First hit was 6.0fTP iirc.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-12-28 19:23:00  
It does say that but people have tested it to be only two hits in the past. That's SE for you.
By clearlyamule 2017-12-28 19:43:26  
Pretty sure it's in the pet testing thread over in bg.... but iirc also kind of assumed that only the first hit contributed to magic when we know now for hybrids all do. Could be different for bps but don't think it was really tested for that and could throw off a lot of stuff.

As far as descriptions go remember even though it doesn't give tp SE uses the magical part as a "hit" for the description. So all the melee hybrids say 2 hit even though not really
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2017-12-28 20:41:33  
Since we know what the exact values are for pet stats at 119 and higher, would it be easier to find out the stat mod values for BP like Flaming Crush?
 Asura.Seriweri
user: seriweri
By Asura.Seriweri 2017-12-29 03:12:19  
In general, what are good amounts of pet.acc/pet.att to aim for? As even without HQing any apogee pieces, there´s still room to adjust.

This is my current sets:

ItemSet 355778
Head: BPD+7, Att+28, DA+8
Hands: BPD+10 Acc+26
Legs path D
Unbuffed Acc 1342, Att 1220
With vorseals: Acc 1480, Att 1474

ItemSet 355779
Grio: BPD+6 M.Acc+15 MAB+25
Head/Feet path A, Legs D
Hands: BPD+8, Pet:Str+2, M.Acc+24, MAB+24
Unbuffed Acc 1192, Att 1123
With vorseals: Acc 1330, Att 1360

So, how far off where I could/should be am I actually? Are there any adjustments/upgrades that aren´t tied to $$$?

First-hand experience on big stuff is actually rather dim, because of the asuran "if you don´t glow, you don´t go" mentality, and my nirvana is still quite far away.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-12-29 08:12:07  
things to note seri, Your grio aug is under phys, though i believe an espiritus would beat that for magic pacts. You'd also want to test a Was for FC.

Your phys set only really misses whitebox, the only other piece of note is incarnation sash from vagary.
 Asura.Seriweri
user: seriweri
By Asura.Seriweri 2017-12-29 10:31:55  
whoops, you´re right of course. the grio has 15 macc and 3 bdp over espiritus c with the same mab tho.
was: wouldn´t the loss of 15da hurt me too much?
I did totally forget about incarnation sash tho, thanks. gonna get one after my vacation.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-12-29 13:12:38  
to beat a espiritus you need over...
5 bpd and 30 mab
6 bpd and 27.5 mab
7 bpd and 25 mab
8 bpd and 22.5 mab
9 bpd and 20 mab
10 bpd and 17.5 mab

aug on grio.

Asura.Seriweri said: »
whoops, you´re right of course. the grio has 15 macc and 3 bdp over espiritus c with the same mab tho.
was: wouldn´t the loss of 15da hurt me too much?
I did totally forget about incarnation sash tho, thanks. gonna get one after my vacation.

for volt strike was parses slightly behind gridarvor.

For flaming crush you'll want to test using was vs using grioavolr.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-12-29 13:20:49  
I think Frod is comparing to path A Espiritus, not path C. 20 MAcc isn't really enough to start sacrificing MAB for, so most people go with path A on Espiritus.

That said... I did some math and it looks like your Grio would be about 0.5% lower damage on unresisted nukes compared to a path A Espiritus. And it has 35 more MAcc. Trading 10 MAB for 3 BPD and 35 MAcc sounds more reasonable.

I usually will not trade any amount of BPD or MAB to gain MAcc (avatars have high MAcc naturally), but the Grioavolr is one exception as long as you aren't giving up much by using it.

I would probably use the Grio.
[+]
By Darkvlade 2018-01-04 09:50:40  
Hola Im New to summoner and been having issues with wich staff to use for magical/physical blood pacts, I currently own Was, Gridarvor and Espiritus MAB path (hopefully be working on a nirvana by the time I get to master my smn, also is there a list that break down blood pacts as being physical or magical?

Also what neck and earring can I use for bloodpacts while I get both shulmanu collar & lugalbanda earring.

Thanks in advance
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-01-04 10:47:33  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Take it as a grain of salt and hopefully someone else will correct me, but I think this is an approximate hierarchy of staves for SMN according to BP type

Magical BPs:
1) Godly augmented Grioavolr (INT/Mab/BPdmg etc)
2) Capped Keraunos (Mab/Macc/BPdmg)
3) Espiritus (Path A or C)
4) Nirvana?

Physical BPs (TP transfer)
1) Nirvana (AM3 up)
2) Nirvana (no AM3)
3) Gridarvor (this arguably shares the spot with #2, but on the long run Nirvana should win despite Grida winning in a couple of situations)
4) Godly augmented Grioavolr (att/acc/BPdmg/whatever stat for the right BP)
5) Capped augs Keraunos

Physical BPs (no TP transfer)
1) Nirvana
2) Was / Was+1
3) Godly augmented Grioavolr (see above)
4) Keraunos (max augs)
5) Gridarvor

I think Flaming Crush tier list is sorta like the noTPtransfer physical one.
Curious to see how everyone's opinion differs on this!

This is only 1 page back. smh.
 Fenrir.Turtle
user: Genbu
By Fenrir.Turtle 2018-01-04 10:56:07  
When deciding on paths taken for apogee+1 stuff, whats the general consensus? MAB+35, Attk+35, or the +25 to both? I know legs are all about path D, just curious of other peoples thoughts on this.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-01-04 11:01:50  
Im no expert, but since Helios is BiS for physical, I would max MAB for my magical sets, and ignore attack
By Darkvlade 2018-01-04 11:09:02  
Ty kal must have read through them pages too fast
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-01-04 14:59:32  
Not a problem. I also overlook quite a bit. I wish they would just open the guides (first forum page) like a wiki and allow edits. Skimming countless pages of mostly irrelevant comments is tedious and mind numbing.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2018-01-04 19:56:48  
Hi.

Anyone knows the caps for mab/macc on merlinic hands and mab/macc combined with bp dmg ? I know the max pet mab/macc comes when there are 2 slots of pet mab/macc but idk if the second pet mab/macc slot is the same slot of bp dmg.

Also, eyeballing, considering diminish returns, bp with weak mab will always beat a full mab merlinic hands?

Thanks in advance
By Brynach 2018-01-05 07:08:02  
quote="Pantafernando" pid=3316900]Anyone knows the caps for mab/macc on merlinic hands and mab/macc combined with bp dmg ?[/quote]

Merlinic hands can get BPD 10, pet: macc 40 mab 40 on a max roll.
iirc, mine are currently bpd 10 macc 36, mab 37.[
[+]
By Darksparksnot 2018-01-05 07:15:03  
Are those dm augs? Never seen 30 mab
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2018-01-05 07:27:13  
They're not, mine has bpd 10, macc 33, mab 38.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-01-05 07:27:17  
Cap with fern on merlin hands is bp10 and mab/macc (both can happen together or alone) is +30 unless there's those combined rolls that happen sometimes but plz post a pic, i wanna see those bp10 pet: macc36 mab37.
First Page 2 3 ... 99 100 101 ... 149 150 151