Need Help With Credes' Virtual Reality Studio

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Tech Support » Need help with Credes' Virtual Reality Studio
Need help with Credes' Virtual Reality Studio
 Sylph.Kawar
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-04-22 17:06:29  
anyone have a download of an updated model viewer mine dose not work says the file paths are wrong when they are not.

and now AV i am looking for MV (FFXImodelviewer-Eng)
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-04-22 17:29:46  
You almost certainly won't find any .dats that look like the picture you posted. Closest I could think would be if someone managed to recolor and implement Arciela's hair when it's down, but then they'd have to manually animate it for combat situations, which would be a total ***. This is also why Arciela puts her hair up when she's out and about, cuz they didn't want to deal with animating her long hair except in town CSs. Anyway, I don't think there are any active and capable modders who are interested in doing something so complex for a random person.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-04-22 19:19:39  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
You almost certainly won't find any .dats that look like the picture you posted. Closest I could think would be if someone managed to recolor and implement Arciela's hair when it's down, but then they'd have to manually animate it for combat situations, which would be a total ***. This is also why Arciela puts her hair up when she's out and about, cuz they didn't want to deal with animating her long hair except in town CSs. Anyway, I don't think there are any active and capable modders who are interested in doing something so complex for a random person.
well if i cant find any dats can we start with fnding an upddated MV please.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-04-22 19:24:10  
ModelViewer doesn't need an updated release, just that the lists which reference the .dats are heavily outdated. I don't think anyone has been updating them, and I have no time myself.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-04-22 20:16:08  
ModelViewer doesn't need an updated release, just that the lists which reference the .dats are heavily outdated. I don't think anyone has been updating them, and I have no time myself.
Do you think anyone will ever update the references?

do you think you can work on it little at a time for the next few weeks or something please. it and AV together are 2 great tools that make life so much easier.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-04-22 20:30:41  
Someone could, I suppose. I won't though, I'm too busy and not really interested.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-04-22 20:34:40  
Someone could, I suppose. I won't though, I'm too busy and not really interested.
btw i am very greatful for your help. do you mind me asking where i should go to up the chances of finding someone to update it. I wish you would do it little at a time for me and all others. I just mean you seem to understand it and how to do it. I have zero clue how to do it or i would help you.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [736 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Habar
サーバ: Phoenix
user: habarnam
By Phoenix.Habar 2017-04-28 07:36:11  
Working with VRS is definitely one of the hardest things you can do in FFXI modding, partly because the program was translated to broken English, and also because of little troubles like being unable to Undo at certain points. Also, it's a program designed for creating models and reworking animations, which you're not asking about.

If all you want to do is recolor hair, you'll only need ChangeTex, Photoshop, and the Photoshop .dds plugin. ChangeTex and the plugin are available here:
http://ffxidats.caarrie.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1340
You're on your own for Photoshop though. When you have them all, just do the following:

1) Open the .dat in ChangeTex
2) Extract the texture as a .dds
3) Open the texture .dds file in Photoshop
4) Do your coloring thing
5) Save as the same format (.dds)
6) Import the new texture .dds in ChangeTex
7) Slap that dude into the proper folder to overwrite the old face model

I'm trying to mod UI windows I extract the menu newtex clolour it
but when I put it back in the dat with change tex it seems no changes are applyed...
Is there a diferent way to go about it while modding these kind files or am I missing something ><?