Ninja Equipment Sets (April 2015)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Ninja Equipment Sets (April 2015)
Ninja Equipment Sets (April 2015)
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2016-04-07 03:10:51  
He wasn't asking "wat STR do" but rather why you quantify it as a superior choice for TP gear given mutual exclusivity.

Which it isn't. The magnitude to which 20 STR is better in its best cases is far smaller and less numerous than in the cases where DEX is superior. If you don't need the accuracy, make better, non-fixed switches first. Furthermore (and perhaps most importantly), if you put DEX on it then it's also pretty baller for Shun.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-04-07 03:38:56  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Why DEX in place of STR for the TP phase?
STR provides STR tiers and additional attack.
DEX provides dDEX crit (how much +crit does that convert to on average? ~2%?) and additional acc.

20 STR is +4 fSTR and +15 attack
20 DEX is +15 accuracy and +% crit depending.

dDEX isn't linear, from 0 to 40 it's a +5% increase, from 41 to 50 it's a +10%. It's virtually impossible to be exactly at 50 dDEX so we tend to overkill on it for most things. Plus NIN has a powerful DEX based WS for the cape to be used as.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-07 04:17:36  
Testing again in the spreadsheet, DEX+20 is coming 3-4 dps points above STR+20 in the TP phase, even when accuracy doesn't matter.
I'm surprised tbf, but I guess that's it.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [41 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-05-18 10:39:25  
Trying to max my WS set for metsu now that I am glowing.

I have found I hardly ever use Hi anymore so I am revamping some herc gear atm and dropping way to much on stones XD.

A few Metsu Questions.

1.) Can metsu crit? Its not in the description but I get spikes of 14k occasionally and makes me wonder how.

2.) Can metsu DA/TA/QA? I know its a one hit, but I was under the impression that dual wielding always gives an off hit, and if so could 1 or both hits get multiple attacks?

3.) At which point will Str be better than DEX? One is a mod and other helps in general base dmg. Also at which point is dex traded for attack? Example jukikis 5 acc 4 dex vs seethers bomblet 13 acc 13 attack ~4 str?

4.) How good is WSD gear for this ws? I was thinking full herc set would be 25% and mantle 10% plus earring 2% will give a nice 37% wsd increase. is this a good idea or better to just stacks _____ stats?

I know its all situational, but I am really only interested in Reis T1+ mobs as everything else is easy nowadays and will probably melt as is.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2016-05-19 13:54:28  
1) It cannot crit. Unless you make it crit with Sneak Attack. The spikes are probably due to multiattacks.

2) Yes they sure can.

3) Going to be mob and buff dependent. There will be situations where your accuracy is so bad, the added accuracy will be greater than adding some dmg via modifier. If you're accuracy capped, 13 attack will probably do pretty little compared to adding in more dmg from DEX.

4) Hard to say, it is added to the ws in a different step compared to the bonus from the Relic applying to the WS also. This is a question I haven't answered even for myself!
By Boshi 2016-05-19 14:43:54  
Wsd is the way to go
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-05-19 15:19:33  
Boshi said: »
Wsd is the way to go

why is that?
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18