2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » ~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 136 137 138
By anik 2017-09-18 19:02:17  
Asura.Toralin said: »
PLD is one of the easiest jobs to CP, IMO. It can open darkness/light, with proper haste(marchs/indi-haste) it can pull very quickly with flash, and it can take damage(tank).
PLD COR GEO GEO BLM SCH is a great setup mix/match BRD for a GEO
Im just gonna put this out there for anyone looking for CP on PLD. PLD/RDM horde pulls in reisenjima, solo. It works quite well, pull whenever you want, once you git gud, you can do it more places utilizing environmental barriers that benefit shield use. 10+ reisenjima mobs per horde is good solo, and again, you can solo chain 30+ on Reisenjima mobs, and take breaks. It's boring, but it's also a GREAT way to learn how to use your environment.

WARNING OMEN has mob friendly BARRIERS... be careful with hordes.
[+]
 Asura.Kageniai
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Godssin
By Asura.Kageniai 2017-09-25 05:14:20  
Just one thing I found odd here, why are we using the 8STR 10ATT WKR cape for Savage Blade instead of a 20STR 20ATT/ACC 10WSD cape from Ambuscade?
 Asura.Azriel
サーバ: Asura
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2017-09-25 05:32:39  
Same reason why tp set has Otomi head in it, id say its outdated.
 Odin.Foxmulder
サーバ: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2017-09-29 18:04:53  
What kind of weapon skill sets are you guys using these days?
 Bahamut.Rutato
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ramru
By Bahamut.Rutato 2017-10-01 01:06:22  
In my current DT set (pictured below) I'm sitting at around 4k HP in escha zones and about 3.6k outside. It seems like no matter what swap I do I drop about 1k HP by the time I switch back into my DT idle. I know other PLDs are using similar DT sets to mine, but I'm baffled as to how they are able to maintain this high level of HP without constantly taking drastic, mid-fight dips.

ItemSet 353472

The sets I'm currently having the most trouble with are Fast Cast, Flash Enmity/Recast, JA Enmity and Cure sets. I would really appreciate it if someone could show me their modified sets for each of these situations (I checked the last ~10 pages, but was unable to find this information).

Additionally, is it worth using Chevalier's cuisses +1 over Souveran Diechlings +1 for the Reduces Enmity decrease when taking damage? Note that I do not have a burtgang and currently have little-to-no intention of getting one. Also, given that I don't have a gold moogle belt, what is the best waist option for my DT set?

p.s. Please feel free to link your gearswap* LUA if you don't feel like typing everything out or making gear sets on FFXIAH. I don't mind.
 Odin.Foxmulder
サーバ: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2017-10-01 02:20:11  
I've been experimenting lately with that problem myself. Due to the heights my HP can reach, I've resolved to have several gearsets that depend on my current HP. So when I WS or Cast some spells, their potency is ~slightly~ nerfed to allow me to retain a good chunk of HP.

When my HP is lower than said level, then I use max potency.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-10-01 02:59:03  
Bahamut.Rutato said: »
In my current DT set (pictured below) I'm sitting at around 4k HP in escha zones and about 3.6k outside. It seems like no matter what swap I do I drop about 1k HP by the time I switch back into my DT idle. I know other PLDs are using similar DT sets to mine, but I'm baffled as to how they are able to maintain this high level of HP without constantly taking drastic, mid-fight dips.

ItemSet 353472

The sets I'm currently having the most trouble with are Fast Cast, Flash Enmity/Recast, JA Enmity and Cure sets. I would really appreciate it if someone could show me their modified sets for each of these situations (I checked the last ~10 pages, but was unable to find this information).

Additionally, is it worth using Chevalier's cuisses +1 over Souveran Diechlings +1 for the Reduces Enmity decrease when taking damage? Note that I do not have a burtgang and currently have little-to-no intention of getting one. Also, given that I don't have a gold moogle belt, what is the best waist option for my DT set?

p.s. Please feel free to link your gearswap* LUA if you don't feel like typing everything out or making gear sets on FFXIAH. I don't mind.
Simple. They don't.

You can't possibly balance the HP+ between your casting and idle sets when your idle set already has almost as much HP+ as it's possible to get.

Balancing HP works around sacrificing some slots in your fastcast/spell sets for HP to maintain a reasonable level of HP while casting. In order to swap in casting gear without losing current HP you have to first raise your max HP more, then swap to the pieces with lower HP. But you can't do that when you're already wearing as much HP as you possibly can. There's not enough additional HP+ to add.

So the important things here are the equip order, and it actually being possible(via the existence of gear with more HP than what you're already wearing) to raise your max HP slot by slot before you lower it.

Basically you have 2 options.

1: Drop some HP in your idle set. And bring it down to a level that can reasonably be balanced with your casting sets. I'd say 3k~ or so should be fine. Then you can actually use reasonably potent fast cast/spell sets without your HP playing Yoyo.

2: Just lock your gear and cast in your idle set.(or at least everything with significant amounts of HP+. Which in your case is everything but neck and ammo) Yes, this is gimp as hell, and I don't recommend it. But it's the only way you can stack that much HP and not lose it every time you act.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rutato
user: Ramru
By Bahamut.Rutato 2017-10-01 03:50:34  
Thanks for your feedback as well as confirming my suspicions Martel. Are the Flash, FC and Cure sets on your FFXIAH profile current? I'm in the process of making my own, but would like to know if there's anything I should avoid or that's out of date.

Also, do you swap in a "Pure Enmity" set like the one in the OP for job abilities, etc.? I didn't see anything quite like that on your Item Sets page.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-10-01 04:15:00  
I was just looking through my AH sets. Some of them were, and some still are, out of date.<,<;;

Most of my sets on AH are the max potency versions, Unless specifically noted they aren't HP balanced for high HP idle. I have a toggle I turn on when I want to stay at High HP, and then it uses alternate sets. Otherwise I use max potency sets.

The Fast cast and HP fast cast variant should be up to date. I'll throw together AH sets for JA enmity/HP version.

My AH cure set was outdated, but looking at the set in my lua it's 11% cure potency over cap.. not sure what to change there yet. I'll toss up the HP version too.

I'll post again when I'm done with a list of sets that are up to date. And by up to date I mean they are consistent with what I have and use. They're my sets, not necessarily ideal sets.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-10-01 05:05:59  
Sets updated. Note that I pretty much stopped playing before moonbeam stuff came out. So none of that is in my sets. But I'm sure you can adjust for it.

HP DT Idle
ItemSet 353476
4/5 Souv is c path. Hands D.

Fast cast
ItemSet 181860
Fast Cast set. 71% FC. Augs:O.Feet:FC+6. Rudianos':FC+10. Leyline: FC+2. Siegel sash on enhancing magic only. Acerbic Sash +1 on cure. otherwise gold moogle belt.

HP Fast Cast
ItemSet 349261
3k Hp and 60% FC. D path Carmine.

Enmity
ItemSet 353473
Augs: Souveran: C. Yorium:Enmity+8. Odyssean: Enmity+8. Eschite: C. Rudianos: Enmity/HP.

HP Enmity
ItemSet 353474
I should probably get some C path hands. Weard: Enmity+7

HP Cure
ItemSet 353475
3k+ HP and 46% DT, capped PDT, Cure + 35%. I feel like this could use some work... Moonbeam ring would cap DT and add more HP. can maybe push more cure+ after that..

I skipped the HP flash set cause it's effectively identical to HP Enmity.

You'll notice these sets largely revolve around souveran+1. C path makes for a really good HP/DT/Enmity balance. I should probably get another pair of +1 hands a C path them...

Something to note. My HP casting sets aren't purely focused on HP then potency. They could actually be a bit more potent while maintaining the same HP. They're actually HP/DT hybrids.(with the exception of the fast cast sets. It's pretty much impossible to get hit in those when using gearswap) I use this toggle for when I'm worried about getting one-shotted. So it keeps High HP and capped or damn near capped DT even when casting or using JA.

Before I started using this I hadn't realized just how often I was getting hurt or killed in the tiny window while I swapped to cast or use a JA. It makes a pretty noticeable difference. The loss of potency does hurt, but you can spam your enmity actions without worrying about timing things cause your defenses are up fulltime.
[+]
 Cerberus.Zonobia
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Zonobia
By Cerberus.Zonobia 2017-10-04 10:29:10  
I've been dealing with the same concern of big hp drops due to gearswaps. I think I've come to the realization that I need to just go for the balanced approach in most situations. It's not uncommon for me to have 700-1000hp swings when doing abilities because I'm trying to get every last ounce of effectiveness out of gearswaps...but I think if I could minimize that down to 200-300hp tops, I'd hopefully be able to consistently stay within a comfortable hp range, and avoid the rare 1-shot during an ill-timed gearswap.
 Bahamut.Newzarb
user: newzarb
By Bahamut.Newzarb 2017-10-06 07:58:05  
I have a similar problem too when using gearswap : my FC set has almost as much HP than my DT set so swapping from one to another shouldn't make my HP drop much but I do lose about 600 HP.

It seems that when the gear is actually swapped, it is slot by slot and depending on order of swaps, HP+ gear on set 1 may be replaced by non HP+ gear on set 2 before HP+ gear on set 2 is equipped on some other slots to compensate.

I'm not sure my explanation is clear, but has anyone experienced this ?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-10-06 09:41:57  
Bahamut.Newzarb said: »
I have a similar problem too when using gearswap : my FC set has almost as much HP than my DT set so swapping from one to another shouldn't make my HP drop much but I do lose about 600 HP.

It seems that when the gear is actually swapped, it is slot by slot and depending on order of swaps, HP+ gear on set 1 may be replaced by non HP+ gear on set 2 before HP+ gear on set 2 is equipped on some other slots to compensate.

I'm not sure my explanation is clear, but has anyone experienced this ?

Same here. If anyone has a workaround for this? I just recently added more HP to my sets so I don't drop as much, but it's doing jack ***because of this.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-10-06 10:11:32  
From Advanced sets tables.txt, at Windower4\addons\GearSwap\beta_examples_and_information

Quote:
-- Prioritizing gear changes --
Currently equip swaps can be ordered by using advanced "sets" tables similar to the above:
sets.nohead = {head={name="empty",priority=1},lring={name="Angha ring",priority=2}}

Gear is changed in descending order from highest to lowest, so the above set would equip Angha ring and then
unequip the head slot. All gear that is not defined is given a default priority of zero, and all positive and
negative rational numbers are acceptable priorities. If two pieces of gear have the same priority value, they
will be swapped in the default order (from 0 to 15 in ../windower/res/slots.lua).

I do not recommend moving Sub in front of Main, Ammo in front of Range, etc. as these will cause silent equip
failures.
You can use this to determine the order your gear swaps in, leting you swap to higher HP+ pieces first, reducing current HP loss. EDIT: Well... assuming you're using gearswap. If you're using equipsets, you're screwed.
 Bahamut.Newzarb
By Bahamut.Newzarb 2017-10-06 12:32:28  
Oh thanks ! I'll try that !

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Spynx
サーバ: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-10-08 18:40:35  
You probably already know but the MDT on ajax+1 or beatific is within the 50% cap and as PLD you can easily reach that without the shield slot so that stat is worthless for the most part. With that premise, beatific+1 has less shield skill and it's a size 1 shield (so minimal dmg reduction even if decent block rate). It's a great option for RDM but meh for PLD. Ajax +1 is just an enmity swap as it's basically a priwen without the huge reprisal boost. So Priwen all the way for physical damage and Aegis is mandatory at this stage of the game even if you said non-RMEA
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-10-08 22:24:55  
DirectX said: »
Is Priwen still the absolute best non RMEA shield? What about Beatific+1 or Ajax+1? There is no info for Beatific augs on wiki.
The augment info for Beatific/+1 is on the Skirmish Armor category page, like most augments. And no, its augments can't save it from it's own crappiness.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Skirmish_Armor#Beatific_Shield_.2B1

For the rest, refer to Spynx's post. He has it right.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-10-09 03:13:56  
Yes, you lose TP if you change shields. Would be really nice if you didn't....
 Cerberus.Zonobia
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Zonobia
By Cerberus.Zonobia 2017-10-09 07:00:43  
Do you lose tp if you swap shields? Only just leveled Paladin but have never played it yet so don't know.

Correct. Not sure what the original intention was...but these days it keeps you from spamming between Ochain/Aegis during a fight without some sort of penalty for doing so.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Newzarb
By Bahamut.Newzarb 2017-10-09 08:11:21  
Simpler than that imo : technically, switching shield is just like switching subweapon so it's most likely just coded so any sub change makes character lose TP as any main change does. It's probably a gamedesign choice anyway.
 Shiva.Spynx
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-10-09 10:55:39  
Ok, I thought so but I was confused when Spynx said it is an enmity swap piece. Will the Ajax+1 be worth chasing to use on occasion or can I get 50 enmity in gear without it easily anyway?

You do lose TP when swapping shield but usually we don't need TP that bad unless you are DDing (I don't on my PLD) or want to save them for chivalry (have a toggle to lock main/sub in that case). You get great benefit swapping sword/shield such a 14 FC + 80HP in 2 uncommon slots with vampirism/nibiru shield path B or the enmity one I was mentioning before.

Also, there is no known cap on enmity so the more the better. The only trade off could be not losing too much hp during the swap (e.g. full 3.5k HP in tank set -> 2k in enmity set -> yellow 2k out of 3.5k in tank set) but that's more of a FC/SID problem than an enmity set one
 Sylph.Dravidian
サーバ: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2017-10-09 11:00:42  
I thought the known cap was 200? Didn't patch notes or something just mention doubling enmity when the known cap was 100? Sorry, would just like some confirmation on this so I can stop saying 200 if there really is no known cap! Thanks!
 Shiva.Spynx
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-10-09 11:14:28  
Sylph.Dravidian said: »
I thought the known cap was 200? Didn't patch notes or something just mention doubling enmity when the known cap was 100? Sorry, would just like some confirmation on this so I can stop saying 200 if there really is no known cap! Thanks!

You are correct, my bad but still that's a lot, not even sure you can reach that with gear alone

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2017-10-09 12:26:25  
-50 is still the floor.
By afheal 2017-10-18 07:15:22  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Sets updated. Note that I pretty much stopped playing before moonbeam stuff came out. So none of that is in my sets. But I'm sure you can adjust for it.

HP DT Idle
ItemSet 353476
4/5 Souv is c path. Hands D.

Fast cast
ItemSet 181860
Fast Cast set. 71% FC. Augs:O.Feet:FC+6. Rudianos':FC+10. Leyline: FC+2. Siegel sash on enhancing magic only. Acerbic Sash +1 on cure. otherwise gold moogle belt.

HP Fast Cast
ItemSet 349261
3k Hp and 60% FC. D path Carmine.

Enmity
ItemSet 353473
Augs: Souveran: C. Yorium:Enmity+8. Odyssean: Enmity+8. Eschite: C. Rudianos: Enmity/HP.

HP Enmity
ItemSet 353474
I should probably get some C path hands. Weard: Enmity+7

HP Cure
ItemSet 353475
3k+ HP and 46% DT, capped PDT, Cure + 35%. I feel like this could use some work... Moonbeam ring would cap DT and add more HP. can maybe push more cure+ after that..

I skipped the HP flash set cause it's effectively identical to HP Enmity.

You'll notice these sets largely revolve around souveran+1. C path makes for a really good HP/DT/Enmity balance. I should probably get another pair of +1 hands a C path them...

Something to note. My HP casting sets aren't purely focused on HP then potency. They could actually be a bit more potent while maintaining the same HP. They're actually HP/DT hybrids.(with the exception of the fast cast sets. It's pretty much impossible to get hit in those when using gearswap) I use this toggle for when I'm worried about getting one-shotted. So it keeps High HP and capped or damn near capped DT even when casting or using JA.

Before I started using this I hadn't realized just how often I was getting hurt or killed in the tiny window while I swapped to cast or use a JA. It makes a pretty noticeable difference. The loss of potency does hurt, but you can spam your enmity actions without worrying about timing things cause your defenses are up fulltime.

Hi, what's the lua if statement to swap depending on your hpp? Thanks in advance.
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 136 137 138