フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » ~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 136 137 138
 Asura.Ramsy
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2017-05-03 08:29:28  
Wondering if anyone's done any testing with Sepulcher at all to know what the -stats are? Or what page the testing might be on if it's already been discussed? Thanks in advance.
 Shiva.Spynx
サーバ: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-05-03 09:03:19  
Valefor.Omnys said: »
Also get phalanx-augmented legs lol.

I've spent the whole DM campaign on odyssean legs to get some phalanx boost and the best I got was phalanx+2 D: Think getting +5 on legs/body/head is not going to happen in this century so Yorium augmentation could be a better option (even if stones are hard to come by and the cap is "only" +3)
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-05-08 14:18:14  
What sets/ how are you Paladins incorporating the Regal Gauntlets
 Sylph.Dravidian
サーバ: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2017-05-08 14:23:36  
Asura.Toralin said: »
What sets/ how are you Paladins incorporating the Regal Gauntlets

Basic idle sets. Some tanking/refresh set. BLU SID sets. Buffs like Crusade and protect etc...
 Shiva.Spynx
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-05-08 14:31:49  
They are pretty awesome to idle in (refresh/regen while keeping high HP) and BiS for enhancing duration (reprisal/phalanx/crusade) making it easier to keep reprisal fulltime with limited buffs. Finally nice for SID set that is usually low in HP.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-05-08 14:32:40  
casting phalanx your going to have to give up the +5 on souvern+1 hands tho
 Shiva.Spynx
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-05-08 14:37:48  
casting phalanx your going to have to give up the +5 on souvern+1 hands tho
You are absolutely right and phalanx recast isn't an issue anyways so keep souveran+1 there
By clearlyamule 2017-05-08 14:41:01  
Asura.Ramsy said: »
Wondering if anyone's done any testing with Sepulcher at all to know what the -stats are? Or what page the testing might be on if it's already been discussed? Thanks in advance.
Not sure if it has been tested itself but I'd imagine it's the same as the other similar jas and Dragon Breaker is pretty easy to test the eva/acc and the tp part meva/macc are going to be a pain for anything but probably follow eva/acc.

Anyways I got -20 acc/eva and wyvern tp per hit went from 95 to 76 so looks to be equivalent of about -20 stp though unsure what term it is it's that or a -20% inhibit tp. Though not sure if any of the forms of listed as inhibit have ever been tested if they aren't just -stp so idk

Given these are all their own statuses all these effects should stack with the individual debuffs of those types.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-05-08 14:43:20  
so I have it going in crusade/reprisal, and was able to get my midcast HP up in my SIRD set
By Taint 2017-05-12 09:52:06  
Requiescat: worth having at 5/5? Seems like everyone is using Savage or CDC? Does it even have a use now for PLD?

Excal AG fine to use until Burt or is there something better in between?
By Blazed1979 2017-05-12 10:11:38  
1. Merits will be capping so frequently you can pass on even putting 1 in requiscat unless you know you will be fighting something requires that type of dmg, in which case you can just drop another ws to 4/5 and put one into requiscat. then switch back when it is over.

2. Nixxer is an option for some -PDT. However I wouldn't bother. Excalibur AG is a great option, and I find myself using Burtgang less and less these days as there are fewer and fewer times where the AM3 is useful. On high level content Excalibur does really well in my experience. And I've never had any trouble without burtgang's PDT.
By Taint 2017-05-12 10:15:38  
How does enlight interact with Excals proc? (Sorry for the noob questions lol)
By Blazed1979 2017-05-12 10:28:00  
They now stack. Was changed about 2 years ago.
Excal's enlight takes priority, so if you get a proc on excal, it lands. all other hits enlightII will proc - never both.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2017-05-12 11:07:31  
Does anyone go for more than 358 enhancing skill on Phalanx
set with 388 enhancing skill:
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-05-12 11:25:39  
Why would you use an enhancing cape? You're losing a potential +5 Phalanx from Weard Mantle to gain +1 via skill.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
サーバ: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-05-12 11:31:37  
Blazed1979 said: »
1. Merits will be capping so frequently you can pass on even putting 1 in requiscat unless you know you will be fighting something requires that type of dmg, in which case you can just drop another ws to 4/5 and put one into requiscat. then switch back when it is over.

2. Nixxer is an option for some -PDT. However I wouldn't bother. Excalibur AG is a great option, and I find myself using Burtgang less and less these days as there are fewer and fewer times where the AM3 is useful. On high level content Excalibur does really well in my experience. And I've never had any trouble without burtgang's PDT.

Enmity Yo!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2017-05-12 14:30:50  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Why would you use an enhancing cape? You're losing a potential +5 Phalanx from Weard Mantle to gain +1 via skill.

yeah i didn't paste my current set ><
By Saruffxi 2017-05-22 10:11:38  
So I just returned to the game a few months ago from a very long break. I just leveled paladin to 99 during the campaign and I'm really enjoying it. My only 2 other jobs are a non REMA drk and NIN so I hope to use my pld to get some gear. Before you say it....no I don't want to level GEO, whm, brd, sch etc lol. They're not really my thing and Id like to try to use pld. I have a ton of questions and was hoping you career plds could help me out.

I understand the gear on the ffxiah pld guide is my ultimate goal, but as of now that's a long time away. There are so many gear options and I was hoping I could get some advice as i work my way up. I'm looking for ideas on rare/ex gear (yay free, I'm poor), gear from older content that's still useful, gear that I can get solo, AH gear that isn't ridiculously expensive that i might be overlooking, etc. The content im specifically aiming at doing right now are Tier 1 Escha fights, lvl 128 and 135 Unity fights, hard mode battles, etc. Not looking for true end game obviously yet cause I don't have the gear. I'm not looking for gear to CP in yet and I'm no way a min/maxer. Just looking to make my pld usable in some lower level end game.

I'm thinking 3 basic sets of gear now....regular tanking set which I'm guessing should be a mix between -dt, +enmity, and hp. An Enmity set for voke and flash and a cure set. So with that in mind any advice on the categories below would be great, thanks!

Armor: As of now for my armor slots I only have Sulvevia's Armor set (all plus 1 but body) and the lvl 119 AF gear (not relic or empy). What are some pieces I should look at before I aim for carmine and souveran?

Weapon: I'm using an augmented Alluvion Skirmish Sword...Clad. Soluis. Any other swords I could use/look for before burtang or Excalibur?

Shield: I have the Jse shield Priwen. Not augmented yet as I'm working on fully finishing RoV. What else to get before Ochain/Aegis?

Now the accessories....I have NO clue what to get lol.

Ammo: I have a cheap -2 physical damage taken stone. Paid like 20k for it. Id like to get the staunch tathlum but that's $4mil atm!

Neck: no idea...Id like to get the -6dt Unity KB neck piece, but I need something before that.

Ear: I have ethereal earring, everything else is for DD....brutal, suppa, bladeborn/steelflash. I also have nourishing earring for cure macro.

Rings: I have Sulevia ring, I know it sucks, but it's all I got lol. I also have Petrov, not sure if the enmity and vit is worth it. And Rajas, which is not to useful for pld lol. I'm using all my login points on 3 characters for KB pop for D ring, not going great. And I'm only on mid chapter 2 of seekers missions, so Vocane Ring is far away as well.

Waist: I have Creed Baudrier, lvl 84 Empy belt. Id like a flume belt I'm guessing, it's $2mil on AH right now. Not sure if I should buy this now or wait and get other things.

Back: my biggest question mark...I'm shooting for 14,500 total HM this month on Ambuscade to get Sulv body +1. I've already bought 3 riftcinders and sold on AH. I'm not sure if I should build a pld cape or use my points towards gil and buy other more useful items. The pld ambuscade cape doesn't seem that great compared to the ones I built for my drk and Nin which are amazing. Am I missing something? It almost seems that the pld Incursion cape is better? Should I be looking for another option? Lastly on this....if you were to build only 1 pld ambuscade cape, what augments would you do? I'm guessing 20 vit 20 acc/atk and 10 enmity?? Which again doesn't seem that stellar lol.

Last 2 questions and I'm done....

What's the best food? Tacos?

Any tips on skilling up my shield, healing and divine magic? I leveled so quick that I think my shield is at like 150, healing at 100 and divine is at 40!!!!! I bought a few skill up books, but Id have to dump ALL my sparks into that (which I use for gil) and I still wouldn't be close to cap. I'm mostly concerned with shield and not sure if anyone has any tips on it.

I know this was a lot and I'm really hoping some plds can help me in the right direction!
Thanks in advance!
By zaxtiss 2017-05-22 10:17:29  
if you get into a gain exp pt and pull for the ppl cleaving you can get the gil you need for buying things.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2017-05-22 11:51:42  
Armor: As of now for my armor slots I only have Sulvevia's Armor set (all plus 1 but body) and the lvl 119 AF gear (not relic or empy). What are some pieces I should look at before I aim for carmine and souveran?

Weapon: Do Sinister reign for http://www.ffxiah.com/item/20705/brilliance, then burtang (forget Excalibur as pld)

Shield: Priwen is nice go for Aegis (very cheap now) and skip ochain

Ammo: I have a cheap -2 physical damage taken stone (perfect until staunch tathlum).

Neck: no idea...Id like to get the -6dt Unity KB neck piece, but I need something before that (ok so go for http://www.ffxiah.com/item/11625/twilight-torque easy solo kill nowdays).

Ear: you can get easy earring on new cassie NM in untiy https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Carousing_Celine

Rings: gogogo Dring + Vocane Ring (cheap way) !

Waist: I have Creed Baudrier, lvl 84 Empy belt. Id like a flume belt I'm guessing, it's $2mil on AH right now. Not sure if I should buy this now or wait and get other things.

Back: do ambuscade for cape an equip

What's the best food?
Miso ramen and Sublime sushi

Any tips on skilling up my shield, healing and divine magic?
Temachtiani's set (from spark npc)
take ionis and do mandy with https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Maringna up

So spam ambuscade and Sinister reign until you get few usefull item then go omen ;)
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
サーバ: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2017-05-22 11:55:58  
For shield, go to abyssea altep, get refresh/def buffs from NPC, eat a maringna (sold by curio moogle), put on all your PDT- gear, pull all the mandragors, line up against a wall with them all in front of you and let them wack away at you for like an hour or so.
[+]
By Saruffxi 2017-05-22 12:14:10  
A couple links came up item not found. I'm guessing the weapon is Brilliance. I don't have Seekers completed yet so that's out. Is Nixxer better than my Alluvion Skirmish sword?

What neck piece were you linking, pretty curious to see it.

If you're doing 1 ambuscade cape, are the stats I listed the best route?
 Shiva.Spynx
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-05-22 13:17:27  
Nixxer is better as it has more tank oriented stats and has predefined augmentation paths while Claid need good augs to be competitive and that will cost you a lot of gil (not worth it imo).

The sword he mentioned is Brilliance and the neck is Twilight Torque off Shinryu (5%DT).

If you are doing a single cape, i'd do VIT/HP (personal preference), eva/meva and 10 enmity. You won't hit anything relevant on PLD without good gear in other slots anyways so may as well fully focus on tanking.

Also focus on SoA completion as you get a free DT ring (Vocane, 7%DT)
By Taint 2017-05-22 16:53:47  
What kind of Hybrid sets are you guys using in Omen? (or in general)

The Arke set seems like it would fit in nicely for PLD.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/351437

ItemSet 351437
By Faero 2017-05-22 17:49:46  
Problem with the Arke set is lack of eva/meva/MDB. Though I say this as a Run, so perhaps Pld isn't too put out by that?
 Sylph.Dravidian
サーバ: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2017-05-22 18:10:36  
How is converts damage taken to tp calculated? For example, on those feet is it 4 more tp or 4% more tp or what? Also, is it calculated before the damage reductions?

The MDB shouldn't be a big deal imo when using aegis, because aegis. I wonder if the resist status ailments outweighs the meva loss? I don't know how that stuff is compared.
By Taint 2017-05-22 18:46:25  
Faero said: »
Problem with the Arke set is lack of eva/meva/MDB. Though I say this as a Run, so perhaps Pld isn't too put out by that?

Is EVA/MEVA even a thing on Omen lvl content?

MDB is a consideration. Shouldn't be a big deal for a Hybrid right? We'd still have a PDT and MDT set ready for big hits.

What are you guys using? I'd like to compare, not a ton of info on Hybrid setups and they are pretty important IMO.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-05-22 18:56:22  
Oops, posted my melee set since reading is hard for me apparenly.

I'll keep my Defending Ring, Moonbeam Ring, Souveran Cuirass +1, Staunch, Loricate+1 for -32% DT and just add in Flamma +1 head, Telos/Mache+1, Rudianos, Dynamic+1, Valorous Hose (4da/2qa), and Valorous Feet (4da).

I don't like the lack of MEVA/MBD on the Arke set so I won't use it.
By Blazed1979 2017-05-23 01:27:44  
So right now on trash pulls I am tanking 100% of the time in 5/5 Arke and Ochain. The results are that I WS more frequently than any other job when I am super tanking. Its a lot of fun.
I also use it to tank T2's and some easier T3.
There have way too many people in the game in general who just don't have the experience or intuition to recognize a kick *** set when its released. Everyone has been trashing the Arke set since day one due to its lack of evasion skill/magic evasion/magic defense. Failing to see the unique niche this set occupies. Get it and enjoy it. If your PLD needs to be in full souveran+1 100% of the time to function, you're doing it wrong.

Also, turn on scoreboard and parse now - My PLD went from 0.001% of DMG to 30% now when there is only 1 other DD in pt, and its the servers top BLU.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-05-23 10:25:07  
I wouldn't be so quick to beat people up for not getting excited about a multi-million gil set for trash pulls.
It is great to be able to tank and contribute to the damage, for sure. I would measure the value of it by tracking the time saved to kill that trash mob rather than a parse of damage. For example, if your target is only living for a few seconds, and that top BLU is getting off one CDC for 70% of the mobs HP and you are getting off one Savage Blade for 30% of the mobs HP, it means Arke is only saving you the time it would take that top BLU to weapon skill a second time. Awesome.
Alternatively, if Arke saves you from needing to bring a BLU at all, then the value of the set could be measured in the number of leach spots available. In this case, Arke could potentially start to pay for itself. But the trend is to generally move away from needing tanks, not DDs, as content gets easier.
For example, by easier T3s, I assume you mean maybe Zitah HELMs? We are killing those without tanks, so bringing a PLD, even in Arke, is likely holding you back.

That all said, being able to bring a PLD in place of a DD is cool. I am all for job and strategy diversity. But, at best, this set is very niche, as you said. It is up to each individual to measure the value of this... questionably kick *** set.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 136 137 138