2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - news, discussions
Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 201 202 203
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-02-09 11:55:46  
My guess is that it's going to be X amount of some item you buy from the merit point goblin in Reisenjima. It'll be AH-able, letting people turn merit points into gil, or just grind them out on their own eventually.

AG owners will need some paltry amount, and everyone else needs a couple thousand.
[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2016-02-09 12:04:45  
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
I'd upgrade dunna to be geomancy +10 but after the update, make idris and dunna stack so the few idris owners would be happy.

Is this fair? i think it is, everyone gets access to stronger geo debuffs AND idris geos are as they should be, broken as f.

Not sure if trolling.... if player gets geomancy +20 access, dev would have to create all future content based on the fact that players has access to geomancy +20. The content would be *** hard for anyone without Idris.

I honestly think the reason why the highest tier content is exclusive a few ls in past 5 years is because support jobs like geo and brd(when they were relevant) has game changing REM.

Since dev has to keep the hardest content challenging enough, they have to balance difficulty based on the fact that Players has 4-8 songs and geomancy +10. So any group without access to geo brd with legendary are ***, the content would be way too hard for them.

Giving support jobs game changing legendary really isn't a good thing IMO.

You really missed my point, idris owners would still be at the peak (that amount of gil spent on 1 item must count) while the rest of the geos would enjoy having access to a very potent tool that would boost them/their party enough to not rely on idris geos.

Would idris geos be broken? they are broken now, the only difference is ppl would have easier times with those pesky T3s.

The thing is that dev has to keep certain content difficulty in check when Buffing jobs and gears.

My point is that if SE still has plans to release more difficult content past T4 after 1 year, they will need to design the content based on the fact that Idris GEO has geomancy +20. So whoever has Dunna with geomancy +10 are still *** because new content difficulty needs be "challenging" for geomancy +20 Geos, it would be damn impossible to do with geomancy +10 Geo.

Now the gap between Idris and dunna is just 5 geomancy, and it already make a huge difference on higher lv content in terms of difficulty. If the difference is 10 geomancy then there's no way none Idris geo can ever beat future content anymore.

Also super buffing Idris now kills game longevity since ppl will finish current content faster and quit.

What's the point to do adjustment like this that kills current content longevity and make future content unbeatable for groups without Idris access?

Afania not every group has an idris. If u want a challenge tell the idris geo to not use a idris lol

I have 2 kids. My playtime is after they sleep which I'm trading sleep for ffxi time. I would like to participate or beat the hardest contents. And so does the rest of the non elite or short on time populations.
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-09 12:16:46  
Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
I'd upgrade dunna to be geomancy +10 but after the update, make idris and dunna stack so the few idris owners would be happy.

Is this fair? i think it is, everyone gets access to stronger geo debuffs AND idris geos are as they should be, broken as f.

Not sure if trolling.... if player gets geomancy +20 access, dev would have to create all future content based on the fact that players has access to geomancy +20. The content would be *** hard for anyone without Idris.

I honestly think the reason why the highest tier content is exclusive a few ls in past 5 years is because support jobs like geo and brd(when they were relevant) has game changing REM.

Since dev has to keep the hardest content challenging enough, they have to balance difficulty based on the fact that Players has 4-8 songs and geomancy +10. So any group without access to geo brd with legendary are ***, the content would be way too hard for them.

You really missed my point, idris owners would still be at the peak (that amount of gil spent on 1 item must count) while the rest of the geos would enjoy having access to a very potent tool that would boost them/their party enough to not rely on idris geos.

Would idris geos be broken? they are broken now, the only difference is ppl would have easier times with those pesky T3s.

The thing is that dev has to keep certain content difficulty in check when Buffing jobs and gears.

My point is that if SE still has plans to release more difficult content past T4 after 1 year, they will need to design the content based on the fact that Idris GEO has geomancy +20. So whoever has Dunna with geomancy +10 are still *** because new content difficulty needs be "challenging" for geomancy +20 Geos, it would be damn impossible to do with geomancy +10 Geo.

Now the gap between Idris and dunna is just 5 geomancy, and it already make a huge difference on higher lv content in terms of difficulty. If the difference is 10 geomancy then there's no way none Idris geo can ever beat future content anymore.

Also super buffing Idris now kills game longevity since ppl will finish current content faster and quit.

What's the point to do adjustment like this that kills current content longevity and make future content unbeatable for groups without Idris access?

Afania not every group has an idris. If u want a challenge tell the idris geo to not use a idris lol

I have 2 kids. My playtime is after they sleep which I'm trading sleep for ffxi time. I would like to participate or beat the hardest contents. And so does the rest of the non elite or short on time populations.

Is my writing skill really that bad that there's one more ppl don't understand my point.

I'll make it short for you:

If Idris is way ahead of 2nd best option=semi casual Player get *** because they can't do the hardest content.

If Idris is close to the 2nd best option. Semi casual players can still do the hardest content.

If you are a casual Player wouldn't you want 2nd best option as close to Idris as possible so you can do the harder content that you wanted? So why are you disagreeing with me?? You do realize my point entire time was that the hardest content should be accessable to more ppl right?
[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2016-02-09 12:36:48  
Afania I agree in most parts but they don't need to build contents around a idris geo or 2. This game is getting to be like work. Want to be successful? Need to apply to a good end game shell and after getting accepted follow their play time and events meaning if it starts at 7pm u better skip your dinner n shower or let grandparents put kids to sleep lol.

my opinions is a elite group without idris should be able to beat all T4s and with a idris should be able to beat it a little tiny bit comfortably.

Remember tojil? That's a good example. We didn't have idris back then. and after getting an idris should be able to do that content more comfortably.

Sorry for trash posts. But hopefully it's in line with the update discussions

Edited: basically I just want contents to be a little easier then what you want. You mention people wants to quit cause it's too easy. I kinda want to quit cause these contents are not reachable by people in my position
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-02-09 12:37:14  
Is my writing skill really that bad that there's one more ppl don't understand my point.

I'll make it short for you:

If Idris is way ahead of 2nd best option=semi casual Player get *** because they can't do the hardest content.

If Idris is close to the 2nd best option. Semi casual players can still do the hardest content.

Your point is coming across perfectly clear. Not sure how people aren't getting it.

Top-end players whine and complain when they feel like content isn't challenging. If Dunna GEO is close enough to Idris GEO, then what Idris can beat, Dunna will eventually be able to beat. Same for most defensive/buffing RME (Burtgang, Yagrush, Ghorn).

In direct regard to people wanting Idris and Dunna to stack: Are you crazy? The content will then just be designed so that geo is even more mandatory than it already is. As a Dunna, but otherwise nicely-geared, GEO, the job doesn't need more love.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-09 13:07:17  
Afania I agree in most parts but they don't need to build contents around a idris geo or 2.

But they have to, otherwise those groups with Idris would just beat content super fast upon release and quit. SE would lose money, and casual playerbase would get less help from more hardcore players if they're not around anymore. It's bad for everyone.

I don't think any group with Idris would purposely gimp themselves and make their life harder by not using Idris, they would just finish the content ASAP and quit.

A good mmo should have stuff to do for everyone. Casual Players get easy content and hardcore Players get hard content. If any of them don't get appropriate difficulty they'd just quit. SE won't make money then, so it's SE's job to keep content difficulty just right for all groups so everyone is happy.
 Sylph.Oragel
サーバ: Sylph
user: Oragel
By Sylph.Oragel 2016-02-09 13:17:03  
I don't know how you balance content between too easy and too hard given all of the gimmicks involved with 22 job classes. I do know that in prior FF games, players would look at something that has been accomplished and then create artificial barriers to make it more challenging. Mb burning T3 and T4 too boring and easy for your group, make a different strat to it. It'll be hard and you can feel accomplished that way. That said, I don't think many would do that because it isn't really about the challenge, it's about the epeen, isn't it?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-09 13:17:43  
Afania I agree in most parts but they don't need to build contents around a idris geo or 2.
But they have to, otherwise those groups with Idris would just beat content super fast upon release and quit. SE would lose money, and casual playerbase would get less help from more hardcore players if they're not around anymore. It's bad for everyone.
They can also create content that punishes the use of certain abilities. For example, Oryx in Reisenjima freaks out and tramples people if he's affected by negative Geomancy effects. You also need to remember that while Idris and GEO are powerful, there are still complex strategies that players need to develop using some combination of those 21 other jobs. This is why people are just now starting to beat some (but not all) of the hardest content.
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-02-09 13:18:54  
That is one area where WoW mastered years ago.

Each tier had 10 man, 10 man hard-mode, 25 man, 25-man hard mode.

I can't recall whether the order of gear (consider it like NQ, +1, +2, +3 was 10, 10H, 25, 25H. or 10, 25, 10H, 25H, but I prefer the latter, or even 10 and 25 being equal and 10H and 25H being equal.

Obviously translate that to 6 and 18 rather than 10 and 25.

Successive tiers (of HQ) didn't obliterate the tier before it, but it was better. The gap was small enough that skill/talents/glyphs (equatable to skill/subjob/merits) choices could close the gap but the same player in a higher tier of gear would perform better. XI, on the other hand, allowing gear-swapping in combat, would also reveal the better player by the player who knew when to use what and why.
 Bismarck.Lothoro
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2016-02-09 13:21:06  

I don't think any group with Idris would purposely gimp themselves and make their life harder by not using Idris, they would just finish the content ASAP and quit.

A good mmo should have stuff to do for everyone. Casual Players get easy content and hardcore Players get hard content. If any of them don't get appropriate difficulty they'd just quit. SE won't make money then, so it's SE's job to keep content difficulty just right for all groups so everyone is happy.
I agree with most of your points except for the whole quitting thing. That's a pretty large assumption. Let's say there's an Idris owner in an end-game ls that clears all of Escha and Reisinjima to get their Aeonic weapons. Then you assume the Idris owner is going to quit right afterwards? What about repeating the content to get more Aeonics? Idris isn't exactly an "easy" weapon to obtain. It would be pretty stupid for someone to spend all that time making one, then clear all of the end game content super fast to then go "yeah, I quit."
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-02-09 13:22:12  

I think I agree with this. In addition to the points about balancing the game based on certain support expectations, it's nice to be able to have a more inclusive game by giving some job options for players with less time to grind and get lots of gear. I still want to include old friends who don't have as much time any more, or other players who just aren't quite as hardcore about FFXI - get them to level GEO BRD WHM etc. and get competent but not insane gear, and they can come to LS events and not be dead weight (and with scaling HP, an actual detriment to the group).

I'm perfectly fine with the idea that it's harder to gear a DD (melee or nuker) or tank to a level to be able to meaningfully contribute on top end content. But it's nice when there are at least some jobs where there's a bit lower "price of admission".
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-09 13:40:23  
Bismarck.Lothoro said: »

I agree with most of your points except for the whole quitting thing. That's a pretty large assumption. Let's say there's an Idris owner in an end-game ls that clears all of Escha and Reisinjima to get their Aeonic weapons. Then you assume the Idris owner is going to quit right afterwards? What about repeating the content to get more Aeonics? Idris isn't exactly an "easy" weapon to obtain. It would be pretty stupid for someone to spend all that time making one, then clear all of the end game content super fast to then go "yeah, I quit."

Maybe some ppl would do that for a few more weapons, but wouldn't they get bored eventually? Since you can get those weapons very fast as long as your group can kill it.

I mean my real question is what IS the incentive to keep paying for a mmo that has no real pvp nor competitive element if you already beat every content? There is a reason why MMO keep generating new content to keep ppl around, because once players beat everything they're more likely to quit.

If players really act as you said, keep playing after they beat every NM in game and got every gear they want, no company would need to update their MMO product ever.
 Odin.Geriond
サーバ: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2016-02-09 13:54:32  
How fast people quit after beating everything will depend entirely on how much they enjoy playing with others (even if there's little or no item goal), and how much they enjoy gearing up jobs other than their primary one/s. It'll probably be a similar situation (if a bit worse) to the timespan between WotG/Abyssea finishing and the announcement of Seekers of Adoulin, where while we occasionally got stuff like Meebles, it was mostly empty.
[+]
By Draylo 2016-02-09 14:01:57  
We got Voidwatch in that time and that was pretty big though. I don't think they'll do something like that now but it seems possible since it wouldn't be much harder than UNM or High-tier, which they plan on adding. I do think that if people beat stuff too fast they quit, and currently that is very possible. If you don't care for the highest tier Escha NMs, you can cap pretty quickly on a lot of other stuff and I've seen people start dropping off sadly.

I personally think they royally screwed up the final JP gifts. Those should have been epic stuff like Ultima and such as it would have made JP grinding a lot more appealing even if they require more than they do now to obtain. Another big thing they could do to increase longevity, UPDATE MONSTROSITY. Seriously, they are sitting on a goldmine of opportunity there. Teaming up for EXP, a real end-game goal like using your monster in ilevel content for fun or High-tier battles for fun, exclusive content etc.
 Phoenix.Keido
user: Keido
By Phoenix.Keido 2016-02-09 14:02:17  
Well as SMN with both Claustrum and Nirvana and no good way to get 3k TP due to not enough accuracy. I am excited to see the changes to some weapons that was mentioned.

I have tried every which way to get 1100 ACC on SMN to be able to get Aftermath in prep for some fights. So far I have not been able to reach that without food geo cor and brd buffs.

I guess I am hoping for another way for Mages to use the aftermath properties of weapons that they have spent time building but I will not hold my breath.
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-02-09 14:07:12  
Onca suit is your friend.
[+]
 Phoenix.Keido
user: Keido
By Phoenix.Keido 2016-02-09 14:08:33  
Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Onca suit is your friend.

Onca Suit earrings OHatII belt rings and back still not close to 1100 but good idea. Already tried it.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2016-02-09 14:10:31  

That's something coming from the person who wanted to quit after beating CoP because he beat the game.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-02-09 14:25:22  
Yeah, guess you are right. Just went on SMN was 1003 acc no food or buffs lol
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-02-09 15:32:28  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Except Ergons don't have an afterglow option. Hope they're an exception!

SE said none AG owners can still use gil to update. So if you have a deep pocket you can still get it in short time maybe.

That's actually not what z1 meant. He's saying that there is no "Afterglow" step in Ergons (it just completes as a 119 finished product when its done).

He's hoping that the AG time saver method also applies to ergon weapons rather than having to do the lengthier version for non AG weapons. That remains to be seen by SE.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-09 15:40:01  
Would be nice if they give us an option to turn off Afterglow visuals (other people's, not just our own). Otherwise I'll probably make a thing that replaces all AG model dats with the non-AG versions.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2016-02-09 15:53:17  
Bismarck.Lothoro said: »

Maybe some ppl would do that for a few more weapons, but wouldn't they get bored eventually? Since you can get those weapons very fast as long as your group can kill it.

I mean my real question is what IS the incentive to keep paying for a mmo that has no real pvp nor competitive element if you already beat every content? There is a reason why MMO keep generating new content to keep ppl around, because once players beat everything they're more likely to quit.

If players really act as you said, keep playing after they beat every NM in game and got every gear they want, no company would need to update their MMO product ever.

But isn't the weapons they just released require you beat every nm to acquire. By that logic after you get the weapon you quit.

When I play I enjoy just hanging with people and killing things. If The go hards want to beat everything and move on so be it.
[+]
By ibm2431 2016-02-09 17:24:36  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Would be nice if they give us an option to turn off Afterglow visuals (other people's, not just our own). Otherwise I'll probably make a thing that replaces all AG model dats with the non-AG versions.

DressUp could probably be "easily" purposed to do this. Check the incoming PC visual update packet, check if the ID for weapon slots are the afterglow IDs (I have a list somewhere, but on a different computer right now), and replace/inject them with the non-afterglow IDs. You'd be able to exclude yourself and/or party members from this replacement, too.
By Sandmaster 2016-02-09 20:24:48  
From my impression; There will be at least two stage's involved for these weapons, whilst SE help's non-Aegis, Non Ghorn/Daur, Non-Idris, and the owner's of REM's that are complte fail for the time>reward ratio's whilst not enhancing the finished weapon's that are still BiS for that job in the current End of Game FFXI (Nirvana, Koga, Terp, Idris, Triz type weapon's) in the second part not as much.

First part would be upgrading these REMO weapon's to hold the 121 DMG, Skill, Magic Damage for all, MAB for all. This part should not be to long-winded because all it's doing is bringing these weapon's to a standard level that Legendary weapon's should be at. For this part I think by now anyway, a person should maybe need as little as having their Job Master'd. That Mastered job can then pay 500 Job Point's for each weapon they have for their mastered job to turn their weapon into ilevel 121.

Regarding Oboro weapons, the requirements don't need to be silly. For job's like PLD/BRD/GEO they need pretty nifty upgrade to close the gap. Attaining not just one, but all the mentioned possible requirements you had to fulfil when making the weapons should be acheived, alongside the Job Master, and for a currency 300 of the currency used when making the weapons in the first place whether it be Plouton, Boulder, or Beitsu could be used.

PLD, Priwen helped massively with Ochain but did nothing to combat Aeigis's tremendous requirement. Also remembering that an Aegis and Horn are cheap for the changes it provides for the job. Keeping the rest of the shield how it is, it needs -MDTII on it, and somewhere in the region of 25-30%. I would have no problem's with a PLD using that shield, especially if he caps -DT (and would only need 44% with the 6% already on it.).

BRD, their JSE does no-where near what Ghorn/Daur can do. With Daur providing something that Bard really needs. The Horn does not provide something as special to the job with having say Daur/Linos and giving Something like 'Latent affect All Song's +4' Making the Latent only work if the song is sang with Terpander equipped but loses potency if unequipped. It still would'nt beat Daur/horn/Linos combo but allow Bard's that have Master'd the job a weapon worthy of that.

Dunna, the gap does need to close some, but Geo (Unlike Brd or especially PLD) is still in high demand due to the nature of the massive impact Mob debuff's of the Geo kind do, even more in today's content when you fight mob's with over 2000 Defence or have 1800 Eva. It's not just the potency of Idris that makes it such a powerful tool, its how use of JA's manipulate Manipulate these buffs and having Luopon DT-25%. Raising Geomancy skill by one or two max would help Geo's out there and increasing the Luopun DMG Reduction to 18-20%. The weapon was designed as a mini Idris, now it can act like one without touching the power of an Idris Geo.

All REMO staffs that have SMN on should have Avatar level+2 now like the other weapon's will be getting the skill's they need it would close the massive gap over Nirvana some, but Oboro weapon's don't have Aftermath's that affect the Avatar's.

For REM's I still think Job Master should be attained, along with 500 JP's and 600 of the Rif/Bei/Plou currency used when taking them to 119. Reduced to 60 of each if you have the Afterglow.

The second part and I hope they do it will be Augmenting the REM further. Whether you can pick one of 3, or 2 depending on the type of weapon Is where I'm hoping the Costly part will come into play. Nice Choice's for Relics would be 2 out off 'OCC Att Twice, Double or Triple Damage potential to proc on WS, straight up more DMG+, straight up more Magic Damage+, MAB+50 (+30 1H's), MACC+50 (+25 for 1H's). Empherans could Receive a similar set of of 6 possible enhancments of which to pick 2 from. Mythic/Ergon's can have a lot more Job Specific enahnces to chose from. BLM Staff could have Spell occ deal Double Damage, Elemental Seal II, MD&MAB+50, Elemental Magic & MACC+50, Augments 'Death' Spell. Whereas Idris similar but Geomancy+2, and 'Entrust II'.

Those are the parts I think need to cost an arm and a leg, maybe some kind of 'Gather x item x times, and CL135 Unity NM item's could be an idea, and potentiall done solo after win's have been obtained. HELM mob's could be the other, Zi'Tah for Relics, Ru-An for Empherean, Reisjenjima HELM NM's for Mythic's with the item's that drop from a specific mob falling into an individual' personal loot, and sellable on the AH.

A 3rd Augment could then be a random type Augment where up to 3 of each Rifton, Beitsu, Boulder gives you a Reisenjima style Augment for the weapon (I'd hope SE would implement this to Aeonic's aswell unless to Augment a weapon with Random Augment's it would have to be Ex). The game wouldreally start to open up for people, then T5 mob's, intentionally designed to be taken down by groups with 121 enhanced REM's.

I guess all becomes clear in a few hours, but the intention there is to allow the casual players access to job-changing weapons, and Dual Wielder's to weapon's that have the same skill stuff and working JSE in the offhand. The Hardcore certainly would'nt lose out and their already Mythic/Ergon will unboubtably continue to be their BIS but Relic, Empherean's, and Mythich's would all be top contender's.

Even just looking thro at REMEOA's, having Magic Damge, Macc, and MAB on is going to change a lot of job's with what they can do.
By FaeQueenCory 2016-02-09 20:46:38  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Except Ergons don't have an afterglow option. Hope they're an exception!

SE said none AG owners can still use gil to update. So if you have a deep pocket you can still get it in short time maybe.

That's actually not what z1 meant. He's saying that there is no "Afterglow" step in Ergons (it just completes as a 119 finished product when its done).

He's hoping that the AG time saver method also applies to ergon weapons rather than having to do the lengthier version for non AG weapons. That remains to be seen by SE.
They've already said that Ergons are just shat on.
You gotta go the long way, and you don't even get any AG for your extra effort.

EDIT: here it is.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-02-09 20:47:01  
^^tl;dr
user: Angeljcar
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2016-02-09 21:17:24  
Does the update go live after maintenance?
 Odin.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2016-02-09 21:52:31  
Sandmaster said: »
From my impression; There will be at least two stage's involved for these weapons, whilst SE help's non-Aegis, Non Ghorn/Daur, Non-Idris, and the owner's of REM's that are complte fail for the time>reward ratio's whilst not enhancing the finished weapon's that are still BiS for that job in the current End of Game FFXI (Nirvana, Koga, Terp, Idris, Triz type weapon's) in the second part not as much.

First part would be upgrading these REMO weapon's to hold the 121 DMG, Skill, Magic Damage for all, MAB for all. This part should not be to long-winded because all it's doing is bringing these weapon's to a standard level that Legendary weapon's should be at. For this part I think by now anyway, a person should maybe need as little as having their Job Master'd. That Mastered job can then pay 500 Job Point's for each weapon they have for their mastered job to turn their weapon into ilevel 121.

Regarding Oboro weapons, the requirements don't need to be silly. For job's like PLD/BRD/GEO they need pretty nifty upgrade to close the gap. Attaining not just one, but all the mentioned possible requirements you had to fulfil when making the weapons should be acheived, alongside the Job Master, and for a currency 300 of the currency used when making the weapons in the first place whether it be Plouton, Boulder, or Beitsu could be used.

PLD, Priwen helped massively with Ochain but did nothing to combat Aeigis's tremendous requirement. Also remembering that an Aegis and Horn are cheap for the changes it provides for the job. Keeping the rest of the shield how it is, it needs -MDTII on it, and somewhere in the region of 25-30%. I would have no problem's with a PLD using that shield, especially if he caps -DT (and would only need 44% with the 6% already on it.).

BRD, their JSE does no-where near what Ghorn/Daur can do. With Daur providing something that Bard really needs. The Horn does not provide something as special to the job with having say Daur/Linos and giving Something like 'Latent affect All Song's +4' Making the Latent only work if the song is sang with Terpander equipped but loses potency if unequipped. It still would'nt beat Daur/horn/Linos combo but allow Bard's that have Master'd the job a weapon worthy of that.

Dunna, the gap does need to close some, but Geo (Unlike Brd or especially PLD) is still in high demand due to the nature of the massive impact Mob debuff's of the Geo kind do, even more in today's content when you fight mob's with over 2000 Defence or have 1800 Eva. It's not just the potency of Idris that makes it such a powerful tool, its how use of JA's manipulate Manipulate these buffs and having Luopon DT-25%. Raising Geomancy skill by one or two max would help Geo's out there and increasing the Luopun DMG Reduction to 18-20%. The weapon was designed as a mini Idris, now it can act like one without touching the power of an Idris Geo.

All REMO staffs that have SMN on should have Avatar level+2 now like the other weapon's will be getting the skill's they need it would close the massive gap over Nirvana some, but Oboro weapon's don't have Aftermath's that affect the Avatar's.

For REM's I still think Job Master should be attained, along with 500 JP's and 600 of the Rif/Bei/Plou currency used when taking them to 119. Reduced to 60 of each if you have the Afterglow.

The second part and I hope they do it will be Augmenting the REM further. Whether you can pick one of 3, or 2 depending on the type of weapon Is where I'm hoping the Costly part will come into play. Nice Choice's for Relics would be 2 out off 'OCC Att Twice, Double or Triple Damage potential to proc on WS, straight up more DMG+, straight up more Magic Damage+, MAB+50 (+30 1H's), MACC+50 (+25 for 1H's). Empherans could Receive a similar set of of 6 possible enhancments of which to pick 2 from. Mythic/Ergon's can have a lot more Job Specific enahnces to chose from. BLM Staff could have Spell occ deal Double Damage, Elemental Seal II, MD&MAB+50, Elemental Magic & MACC+50, Augments 'Death' Spell. Whereas Idris similar but Geomancy+2, and 'Entrust II'.

Those are the parts I think need to cost an arm and a leg, maybe some kind of 'Gather x item x times, and CL135 Unity NM item's could be an idea, and potentiall done solo after win's have been obtained. HELM mob's could be the other, Zi'Tah for Relics, Ru-An for Empherean, Reisjenjima HELM NM's for Mythic's with the item's that drop from a specific mob falling into an individual' personal loot, and sellable on the AH.

A 3rd Augment could then be a random type Augment where up to 3 of each Rifton, Beitsu, Boulder gives you a Reisenjima style Augment for the weapon (I'd hope SE would implement this to Aeonic's aswell unless to Augment a weapon with Random Augment's it would have to be Ex). The game wouldreally start to open up for people, then T5 mob's, intentionally designed to be taken down by groups with 121 enhanced REM's.

I guess all becomes clear in a few hours, but the intention there is to allow the casual players access to job-changing weapons, and Dual Wielder's to weapon's that have the same skill stuff and working JSE in the offhand. The Hardcore certainly would'nt lose out and their already Mythic/Ergon will unboubtably continue to be their BIS but Relic, Empherean's, and Mythich's would all be top contender's.

Even just looking thro at REMEOA's, having Magic Damge, Macc, and MAB on is going to change a lot of job's with what they can do.

Nope. SE has stated that merely bringing them to 121 equivalent is going to be the only part of the upgrade process. They said a while ago that they were considering adjusting some of their aftermaths and non-direct combat stats when you do so, but that's all you'll be getting.
 Asura.Lanselot
サーバ: Asura
user: aeronx
By Asura.Lanselot 2016-02-09 23:07:30  
Its 2016, will new plds please stop complaining about having to make aegis, for what aegis does its worth the time to make. Ppl need to learn to be more efficient with their playtime. Tip gear thf and farm dyna its stupid easy.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2016-02-09 23:09:44  
Asura.Lanselot said: »
Its 2016, will new plds please stop complaining about having to make aegis, for what aegis does its worth the time to make. Ppl need to learn to be more efficient with their playtime. Tip gear thf and farm dyna its stupid easy.

Aegis or bust shouldn't be the answer. There should be some type of middle ground.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 201 202 203