Magian TP Bonus Dagger, Yes Or No?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Magian TP Bonus Dagger, Yes or No?
Magian TP Bonus Dagger, Yes or No?
By KaariLaLa 2015-03-05 10:15:17  
My curiousity stems from Non Delve or higher type events, things like Salvage 2, etc.

Would the TP Bonus Magian Dagger be a good choice to offhand over Jugo kukri? Im curious on peoples thoughts.
By KaariLaLa 2015-03-05 10:53:41  
Verda said: »
You'd need a spreadsheet or testing to really know. And from what I've seen in the THF guide thread no one seems to recommend it though it was mentioned once before. You have to account for white damage and tp building and compare that to the bonus dmg from spamming TP moves more often with a higher \fTP.
Yeah i was mostly considering Rudra's, since the difference from 1k and 2k Rudra's is pretty damn good.

I wish there was someone testing this x.x cause im no good at data collecting.
By Wordspoken 2015-03-05 11:07:30  
Lower base damage should mean poor pDif/fSTR so...no.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-05 11:33:49  
Weapon base dmg wont change pdif, thats only affected by str and att (or def down).

Considering the % of white dmg given up, and the % of dmg received, you would give up about 25% of white dmg for +80% of rudras dmg.

Given how strong is rudra, and how much relevant its for total dmg (around 60% of total dmg), centovente is a decent option IF youre acc capped. Biggest problem here is acc, if miss a lot your offhand, all your tp you have "bonus", you could earn it with an ilv dagger.

Spreadsheet shows centovente beating others options for anything you are acc capped. But its hard to say of its a viable option for high event as you would require acc buffs for centovente to be worth, so its not just comparing weapons, but comparing weapons+buffs (for example, whats better, izhiikoh+jugo+rcb+minuet or izhiikoh+Centovente+sushi+madrigal?). And finally, using centovente implies a certain style, where you should ws at most 1750tp otherwise you are losing dps. Sometimes you just need one ws closing a skillchain, so centovente advantage reduces as you should start with 3000 anyway. Or for stuffs like dynamis or salvage fodders you can end with a single ws even at low ftps.

Centovente can be useful if used wisely. But be prepared the trials are super boring. I build a machera for sword tp bonus 1000 and after the trials becomes 500 kill with ws eacg trial, you start wondering if its worth a situational dagger like centovente.
[+]