Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 175 176 177
 Gilgamesh.Leeroyjay
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: leeroyjay
By Gilgamesh.Leeroyjay 2015-05-13 16:04:18  
Is there a concise list of single pet only SCs (and MBs if they exist)?

i.e.

Warlike Patrick
Brain Crush -> Tail Blow = Fusion (SC) -> Fireball (MB)
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-05-13 16:09:19  
The only other one is Diremite:

Double Claw -> Spinning Top = Fusion

Edit: Oh yeah, Apkallu too...

Wing Slap -> Beak Lunge = Scission
Beak Lunge -> Wing Slap = Liquefaction

Unless you want to count Unleash. There are a couple more then.
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-05-13 16:28:25  
Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Asura.Calatilla said: »
Anyone got any solo tips for Sinna on BST? I popped it, did Ruin > Frenzy then snarled it onto my pet and set it to stay, turned to put shadows back up and it turns round and hits me. Casting utsusemi is more hate than doing a skillchain with my pet?

I soloed it on BST awhile ago, before the enmity update but this time I can't seem to keep hate on the pet at all. Is he still killable on BST?

Sinaa's instant kill move can be seen from a mile away. Any honestly, even if it did hit, chances are good you can summon two more pets anyway, Then just snarl hate onto them.

So anyway. Use Blackbeard Randy. Spam razor fang. If he uses his instant kill move, heel your pet and turn around. You shouldn't have any problems avoiding it. But if you do, summon another pet. Sinaa's hp is hella low, so he might die and never even use it.

Cool thanks, I`ll give another go tomorrow.
 Gilgamesh.Leeroyjay
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: leeroyjay
By Gilgamesh.Leeroyjay 2015-05-13 19:55:48  
Thank you Falkirk!

With Unleash, are there any SCs for these pets?

Scissorleg Xerin
Redolent Candi
Blackbeard Randy
 Shiva.Hiep
サーバ: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-05-13 20:07:38  
For Scissorleg Xerin, Tegmina Buffet > Sensilla Blades > Tegmina Buffet > Sensilla Blades works.
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2015-05-13 20:36:10  
Can someone spell out the BST AoE JP farming strategy for me? Assuming it's solo. I know nothing about it but would like to give it a try.
[+]
By Felgarr 2015-05-13 21:16:55  
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Can someone spell out the BST AoE JP farming strategy for me? Assuming it's solo. I know nothing about it but would like to give it a try.

I would also like to know about this.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-05-14 15:24:11  
Job Point categories and Gifts have been updated. Also added the AoE radius for applicable Ready moves.

And while there was no real doubt, confirmed that the final Gift (Pet Attributes +8) is STR/DEX/etc.+8:

Shiva.Malthar
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2015-05-15 17:10:08  
I'm disappointed they didn't introduce new pets. :-(
[+]
 Fenrir.Sathicus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-05-15 20:44:20  
For those that don't read BG: Assuming the augment paths are the same for all Despair pieces, then these are what we're stuck with as of rank 6.

A:
HP25 VIT5 Cure potency received 2%

B:
STR6 VIT3

C:
ACC6 Pet: VIT3 Pet: DT-1%

D:
AGI5 EVA11 Subtle Blow 4

So looks like only Despair Helm will be worth getting. And the not really worth using eschalixirs on. I'm guessing at rank 10 it'll be Pet: VIT5 DT-2%.

Sucks, but whatever, base stats on helm are still real good for physical read.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-05-17 08:49:03  
Dunno if it's already been reported, but Despair Helm drops off of Gestalt (easy Hecteyes NM, uses chainspell and Impact).

Go get'em! :D

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-05-18 15:21:14  
Vorseal: Killer Effects+

vs. Level 54 Leech
3000 TP Cloudsplitter w/ - 2784 damage
3000 TP Cloudsplitter w/+ - 2784 damage

After buying Killer Effects+ Vorseal (for 10,000 silt):
3000 TP Cloudsplitter w/ - 2784 damage
3000 TP Cloudsplitter w/+ - 2811 damage

--
So it's only Killer Effects +1%... ; ; Lame.
 Bismarck.Baalthus
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Baalthus
By Bismarck.Baalthus 2015-05-19 06:40:39  
Short question:
I re-augment my Desultor Tassets to get "Sic" & "Ready" ability delay -5.
What second augment would be best in most cases?
 Ragnarok.Chaska
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Chaska
By Ragnarok.Chaska 2015-05-19 15:38:21  
phantom roll recast -5
By Mrcricket 2015-05-21 06:25:00  
Bismarck.Baalthus said: »
Short question:
I re-augment my Desultor Tassets to get "Sic" & "Ready" ability delay -5.
What second augment would be best in most cases?
Ragnarok.Chaska said: »
phantom roll recast -5

So in relation to these questions, what are the other considerations for one-off items?

I am on a nostalgia kick, created a new character about a month ago after leaving the game around the Chains of Promathia era. Always wanted to be a BST, needless to say I am absorbing a ton of new info.

So these pants seem like an important one for the rare and powerful "Sic and Ready -5", however the above convo got me thinking about how I want to augment the other stat and the other one-off gear from Shantotto expansion and etc.

From reading this thread, it seems like maybe in terms of damage Pet:M.ACC > Pet:ATT > Pet:MAB > Pet:ACC, and Pet:DA/Critical not really worth it? Although perhaps in terms of utility it might be best to think about Pet:DT-... (I Believe there is a helmet with an attractive Pet:DT-)

Of course, I am also thinking about eventually SMN/PUP/DRG which are going to benefit from the Pet stats but might be more focused on other Pets stats. I realize I'm rambling at this point, I guess I'd just like to hear some general thoughts about "missable" items (after what appears to be the standard Brutal/Rajas/Suppa, which appear to benefit the melee jobs more than the mage equivalent gear benefits the mage jobs)

I think I might just be having lonely BST syndrome haha :-) Have soloed to almost 90 so far, and the Moogle from the current event says my PC chat frequency is 0! Might try and swap over to Quetz because I heard there's a pet-oriented community there
 Shiva.Arenegeth
user: Arenegeth
By Shiva.Arenegeth 2015-05-21 11:23:09  
Mrcricket said: »
From reading this thread, it seems like maybe in terms of damage Pet:M.ACC > Pet:ATT > Pet:MAB > Pet:ACC, and Pet:DA/Critical not really worth it? Although perhaps in terms of utility it might be best to think about Pet:DT-... (I Believe there is a helmet with an attractive Pet:DT-)

Any pet stat on the ASA pants would be useless, simply because, as it was discussed earlier in the thread, it can be part of a precast macro and thus be swapped by something a lot better midcast (without Gearswap) like Wisent Kecks or an augmented Taeon/Acro of your choice.

Personally, I swear by my Waltz TP cost -50 augment that I had on since I first got the pants long before the Ready/Sic update, they saved my hide many times by allowing me to to Cure/Heal Waltz with less TP, and has the advantage of being used when you are /DNC with any job that can wear the pants (if you play those). But frankly, is up to your playstyle, /DNC is not as useful in general anymore due to the advent of trusts allowing you to go with a melee sub on most solo content, and the aforementioned Phantom Roll Recast would be useless to anyone not playing COR seriously (like me). Heck, if you still don’t have Skadi/+1/Adoulin Ring and don’t want to mess with Desert Boots and /SCH for your movement speed needs, the 8% movement speed is still better than none.

For the Moogle Add On Head, the Pet DT -10 augment is still best in slot and though Haste +5 used to be the most popular accompanied augment, Regen is better these days since the head will exclusively be used in your DT set and can get the Haste easily on ilevel gear.

For the ACP body, I’m still unsure of one of the augments myself, I had the Pet Crit/Dbl.Atk one for the longest of time, back when Pet Stats on body slot where a rarity, useless now. Though I don’t remember the augments offhand and can’t be bothered to look them up right now, I seem to remember there was a Ninjutsu/Utsusemi recast augment that may be bis for those /NIN situations where you gotta get that shadow up (like ADL). For the other slot I suggest Call Beast Timer -15 which is more useful than ever now that you simply must spend your Merits on Reward and Ready/Sic Timer and is bis if you plan on building a Call Beast set.

Sorry for getting a bit long winded there hope the information was useful to you, and that is from a BST perspective, if you plan on playing other jobs that get a different set of gear entirely you’ll have a lot more to consider.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-05-21 20:37:23  
"The development team is busy working on the Rhapsodies of Vana’diel, so there is a chance that the current schedule may change; however, we are planning to add new pets in the June version update. "

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46864-dev1263-New-Pets-For-New-Rhapsodies

Awwwww yussssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!
[+]
By Mrcricket 2015-05-21 22:50:08  
Shiva.Arenegeth said: »
(lots of useful things)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, this is exactly what I was looking for! Particularly useful to realize that its useless to put Pet stats on the pants, and also further incentive to dedicate the time to fully understand Gearswap.

I am definitely more of a BST/Pet job player, so I will be looking at things like Waltz TP cost -50 and Utsusemi Recast before Phantom Roll Recast. Thanks again!

And just a quick point on merits as those have been my immediate focus lately. As you mentioned, 5/5 in Sic&Ready is essential. Also 5/5 Beast Affinity seems crucial to maximize the utility of the most amount of pets. Aside from throwing 1 merit unto Feral Howl just to have it unlocked, it seems that it becomes a choice between building on Reward Recast & Beast Healer, or Killer Instinct & Killer Effects.

To me the 15% "everything" boost to the party from Killer effects sounds like the best thing ever, but I realize that it is quite situational. Then again, riding the Reward timer is probably fairly situational as well, but this guide ranks the Reward merits above the Killer ones. My current level 86 BST is the highest job I've ever had, so I've been doing a lot of research about the various events I will be diving into, trying to get an idea of which path will be more useful. It seems like there is a ton of augmenting Taeon gear to look forward to, and it sounds like Dynamis (where Killer Effects are worthless) went from a good source of income to a less good one with the recent update. Care to share any thoughts?
By Jadey 2015-05-21 23:25:41  
When farming up Scoria for Aymur I decided to try and see how BST worked - and the answer is pretty damn well. It's simple enough that I'd say soloing with trusts is possible, but because you could hit bad luck at the start of the final phase with lamp spells, I'd recommend a second character (a 117 Sparks-geared WHM would do fine) for insurance.

Meds for solo: Kusamochi (+1), Reraise, Instant Protect/Shell (or have Trusts cast them on you before popping), Instant Stoneskin, Remedy, maybe Panacea and Vile Elixirs if you don't want to engage a lamp to have healing trusts cure you.

Gear: Personal PDT/MDT set plus a quality Ready set (10 second Ready timer a must), Meaty Broth, maybe 1-2 Pet Food per fight.

Overall the fight is fairly simple. PW will pop, do a few TP moves (Cackle/Hellclap/Hellsnap) during which he is invulnerable. He will then despawn and repop in this order:

- Each of the four Salvage chariot bosses, randomly selected and assisted by eight Triple Gear lamps
- Each of the three ToAU beast kings, randomly selected and assisted by eight of the boss mob's lesser beastmen
- Khim, Cerberus, and Hydra, randomly selected and assisted by eight associated mobs (Dahaks for Hydra, Puks for Khim and Bombs for Cerb)
- Final Dvergr form, assisted by eight lesser Dvergers. This form can use Astral Flow at 75%, 50% and 25%, where each lamp (if defeated) will repop and summon one of eight avatars, all of which will use their Flow pact ~10 seconds after appearing.

I recommend making a dedicated Fight macro for this:

/pet "Fight" <bt> <wait 1>
/pet "Razor Fang" <me>

Each Warden form will pop claimed to you, so <bt> avoids unnecessary tabbing through the lamps to get to the Warden.

Once the first Chariot pops, hit your Fight macro and Randy will likely one-shot the Chariot. If not, either hit it with another WS or just wait out the last <5% of the Chariot with Randy's melee. During every form, all 8 lamps will always aggro and attack you, so the faster you blow through each form, the better. Each despawn/Dvergr TP move usage/Despawn/repop will recharge most/all of your Ready charges. Idle in PDT while Randy does the work.

The remaining 9 forms should be much the same, with the number of TP moves varying slightly between forms.

Chariots: 1-2.
Gulool: 2-3 unless his first TP move is Utsu: Ni, in which case melee along with Randy to strip shadows.
Gurfurlur: 3-4. May need to use a Reward if you need more than 4 TP moves due to Hundred Fists.
Medusa: 2-3.
Hyrda/Khim/Cerb: 2-3.

On the third and final ZNM boss form, be sure to pop your Instant Stoneskin, hit Spur and Run Wild, and swap to your MDT set before the final Dvergrs pop. You may be hit by as many as 8 T4 spells from mobs with surprisingly good magic accuracy for their level.

PW will take between 3-5 Razor Fangs to kill, and your first one should put him below 75% and trigger the avatars. Once they pop, you have about 10 seconds to kill PW before the Flows kill you - use Unleash if you run out of charges.

If you end up not having enough damage and dying to the avatars, you should still be OK. PW does not regen at idle, does not actiively aggro, and takes a few minutes to despawn. Reraise, move away, call a new Randy, apply food and another Reraise (or keep on Twilight Mail/Helm) and send Randy in for another Ready move (if you got off 4+ Readies and he didn't die, he should be very low and the next Fang will likely kill him.)
[+]
 Shiva.Arenegeth
user: Arenegeth
By Shiva.Arenegeth 2015-05-22 02:51:05  
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, this is exactly what I was looking for! Particularly useful to realize that its useless to put Pet stats on the pants, and also further incentive to dedicate the time to fully understand Gearswap.

Keep in mind that when I mentioned (without Gearswap) in my last post I meant the popular Windower add on, Gearswap, not literal gear swapping, which is an essential part of this game if you want to play effectively, and fortunately easy to do these days without any outside add on or plugin thanks to Equipsets.

And just a quick point on merits as those have been my immediate focus lately. As you mentioned, 5/5 in Sic&Ready is essential. Also 5/5 Beast Affinity seems crucial to maximize the utility of the most amount of pets. Aside from throwing 1 merit unto Feral Howl just to have it unlocked, it seems that it becomes a choice between building on Reward Recast & Beast Healer, or Killer Instinct & Killer Effects.
My current Merits are 5/5 Reward Recast, 5/5 Sic/Ready Recast and 5/5 Beast Affinity, 3/5 Beast Healer, 1/5 Feral Howl and 1/5 Killer Instinct.

Riding the Reward timer is not situational, it happens all the time, and you will often find yourself running out of pet food, at least if you plan to use BST in high ilevel events, group or solo. And that is with a decent Pet DT set, a proper Reward set and maxed JP Reward Category (lets not even get into Dawn Mulsum). Beast Affinity is very useful in making more pets viable to us at max level, most notably the Lizard (119) and NQ Rabbit (118).

See above for Beast Healer, Feral Howl is just to have, used to be more useful as an extra Dynamis proc back in the day, not anymore (more on that later). Killer Instinct used to be very useful for us back when it could literally boost the party dps more than the master/pet combined dmg could. For me personally, since I'm in a pet LS and unlikely to be with other traditional melee in the same party, and I also avoid meleeing these days, Killer Instinct is mostly useful for stuff like Delve, where you can take full advantage of Killer Effects.

It seems like there is a ton of augmenting Taeon gear to look forward to, and it sounds like Dynamis (where Killer Effects are worthless) went from a good source of income to a less good one with the recent update. Care to share any thoughts?

Dynamis wasn't such a good source of income even before the recent update. Two hours of your undivided attention, having to deal with possible competition and bad procs and only one of the three currencies really sold well and fast. This is only my opinion, but not really worth doing unless you building your own Relic. And if you have THF, go that instead of BST and if you don't, level it, you'll end up holding back on BST so your pet doesn't oneshot the whole zone anyway.

Salvage is a better source of income given the time/effort/reward Ratio at least until the Alex prices don't drop further.

As a new BST I would suggest getting some key pieces of gear when you get to 99, like Relic Gloves (and consequent upgrades) and an 119 Axe and then focus on getting your Sic/Ready timer down to 10 seconds and your Ready/Spur JP categories done. That should give a good boost to your pet DPS while you work on better (mostly augmented) gear.
 Valefor.Aelfinn
サーバ: Valefor
user: aelfinn
By Valefor.Aelfinn 2015-05-22 08:42:34  
Shiva.Arenegeth said: »
As a new BST I would suggest getting some key pieces of gear when you get to 99, like Relic Gloves (and consequent upgrades) and an 119 Axe and then focus on getting your Sic/Ready timer down to 10 seconds and your Ready/Spur JP categories done. That should give a good boost to your pet DPS while you work on better (mostly augmented) gear.

as a newly returned bst, I've bumped some of my af/af2/empy armors to 109, sparks axe, appropriate pets, augmented jse cape from reives.

I'd really like to upgrade to a 119 axe, not sure which would be a good first one to shoot for as a solo with trusts.
By Jadey 2015-05-22 11:26:01  
Any idea if the Fencer gifts also apply to our pets? I'm also interested in a further explanation of the Dho AoE farming strategy - I'm getting plenty on the flies and worms in Dho but going faster is always helpful!
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-05-22 13:17:55  
Jadey said: »
Any idea if the Fencer gifts also apply to our pets?

Master only. ; ;
 Cerberus.Shaitan
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Rolandm
By Cerberus.Shaitan 2015-05-22 23:14:53  
Where did the front page node go from this thread? Or am I the only one not seeing the guide itself
 Sylph.Traxus
サーバ: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2015-05-23 01:43:24  
Works fine for me.
By Arenegeth 2015-05-23 01:50:18  
Valefor.Aelfinn said: »
I'd really like to upgrade to a 119 axe, not sure which would be a good first one to shoot for as a solo with trusts.
The JSE Axe would be a good first bet in theory. But SE had the bright idea to lock it behind a non-soloable (at least in Sparks) requirement. It was my first, but I had help with a Difficult Sacred Kindred's Crest fight.

For my mules, I went after Buramgh from Jester Malatrix, a Unity NM which was easily soloable with the Attentive Ibuki/Swooping Zhivago pet. Not sure how possible it would be for someone in sparks gear, though. All in all, you'll probably need some help for the first 119 Axe.

I am definitely more of a BST/Pet job player, so I will be looking at things like Waltz TP cost -50 and Utsusemi Recast before Phantom Roll Recast. Thanks again
I looked up the augments on body since my previous post, and the Utsusemi recast augment is basically Fast Cast 5% and not directly for Ninjitsu/Utsusemi. You can get that much on a Taeon now, so is not as useful as it once was. Looking at the other augments nothing stands out besides the Call Beast Recast (Quickdraw maybe for COR) so is not like you can do better.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-05-23 05:03:33  
Anybody know what the augment paths are like on nibiru tabar? Rank 15 info would be great, but even just the general stats at any rank will help.

Thanks. <3
By Beaztmaster 2015-05-23 15:02:25  
I think Path A unlocks "Save My Son II"! After beating it on VD, you receive "Cipher: Dietmund" and 7 pieces of Pet Food Alpha.
[+]
By rogosh 2015-05-24 20:30:19  
@falkirk using your gearswap file do i understand correctly to swap axes for ready i need to toggle stance to PetOnly, then define axes in each set there? i want to make use of charmer's merlin reduction along with skirmish augmented axes, as well as have specific idle axes.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-05-24 20:37:59  
Yes, you've got it right. :)
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 175 176 177