Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 175 176 177
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-25 10:53:25  
No, we were getting a 30% damage boost on Ready under Spur.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-06-25 11:05:25  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Fenrir.Sathicus said: »
Well nerf, fix, whatever. End of the day that's -30% damage boost to magic ready that will sorely be missed. Physical has a lot of boosting options, but it was very, very helpful for magic stuff.
Well no, what I meant, were the Job Points always working as damage +3 so you were never actually getting a 30% boost.

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying? There was definitively a 30% damage boost at 10/10 spur JP.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-25 11:10:20  
Sorry, I'm not a BST, wasn't sure what SE were saying as part of the update, I guess you did get nerfed then. Imagine if they hadn't realised and it had still been 3% per JP when they raised it to 20 per category.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-06-25 11:12:52  
Was actually looking forward to that, lol..
 Cerberus.Avalon
サーバ: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-06-25 11:15:08  
Fenrir.Sathicus said: »
Was actually looking forward to that, lol..

So what kind of impact will this have on Avatar soloing, Escha low-man, etc?
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-06-25 11:19:38  
Effectively none other than ***just being slightly slower. Can be considered a -15% damage output nerf to long fights. Could make stuff I've done recently (VD AA and etc) possibly no longer viable until JP caps are raised.
 Shiva.Malthar
サーバ: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2015-06-25 22:37:29  
Ok Falkirk,

Time to update the guide with the new pets and SC attributes.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-06-25 22:41:04  
It's literally 1 page back.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-27 19:19:22  
My group and I have been working on attempting all the Delve zones with a pet strategy, and have gotten the hang of Tojil down easily, but I had questions about Muyingwa. We've been using Bertha to clear trash quickly, but I'm curious how effective something like Percival might be because of the zone's inherent weakness to piercing. Any suggestions?
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-06-27 19:56:49  
Weak to piercing? Use Zhivago and unleash with pentapeck. Laugh at results.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-27 20:32:17  
I can't believe I didn't consider BirdJesus. Thanks for the advice, we'll give them a shot.

Also, if you wouldn't mind sharing, would you tell me the augments on your DT set? I know you're clearing high content consistently, and I was curious if you have DEF or meva augments in addition to the DT. I am currently only missing 1% DT on my body and then Thurandaut to have capped DT, so I'm curious if additional stats make a large impact.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-06-27 21:46:31  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
I can't believe I didn't consider BirdJesus. Thanks for the advice, we'll give them a shot.

Also, if you wouldn't mind sharing, would you tell me the augments on your DT set? I know you're clearing high content consistently, and I was curious if you have DEF or meva augments in addition to the DT. I am currently only missing 1% DT on my body and then Thurandaut to have capped DT, so I'm curious if additional stats make a large impact.

I've been considering a MEVA / DT- set specifically for tanking Fleetstalker, but his MACC is probably so high it'd be pointless anyway. Aside from that my DT set just has ACC on it to conserve inventory / alleviate damage taken when caught in physical ready set.

Ring + anwig + -4% 3/5 Acro + 119 Empy legs (-4%) + -5% back + isa/shephard + handler+1/rimeice + iziz/astolfo is my basic DT- set.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-27 22:27:04  
Thanks a ton for the help. My DT set has mainly accuracy as well, so I'm glad to see it won't be a huge issue with higher content. Now I just need to suffer through Adoulin and get that one last -DT on my body and I'll be at the highest we can hit. Sorry to bombard with questions, I just want to improve my BST as much as possible.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-06-28 09:48:38  
My group and I have been working on attempting all the Delve zones with a pet strategy, and have gotten the hang of Tojil down easily, but I had questions about Muyingwa. We've been using Bertha to clear trash quickly, but I'm curious how effective something like Percival might be because of the zone's inherent weakness to piercing. Any suggestions?

While this is a BST thread, you said pet strategy. My LS specializes in killing EVERYTHING with only pet jobs, so I'll fill you in on how to kill all the delve bosses with only pet jobs.

Muyingwa: Stupid easy fight. Until 25% At this point the fight will start to slow to a crawl. His DT goes up so high that you probably won't be breaking 1k damage per ready move. If you are only using six people, you're probably okay. Pets are going to have a real hard time holding hate at this point though, so watch out for that hate reset from Incisive Apotheosis. If you want to SIGNIFICANTLY reduce the difficult of the fight, bring a PUP. The ranger automaton is able to WS at full power for the entire fight. Arcuballista(with my gear anyway) hits for 7-8k with one fire maneuver up.

Tojil: For the first 25%, have the BST with the best magic ready move set use Dire Broth and spam Purulent Ooze. With a good set, by the time the hp down from purulent ooze goes away, he will be below 75% and you can just razor fang him to death.

Dakuwaqa: Probably the easiest delve boss to kill with pets. The trick here is that you have to run basically inside of Dakuwaqa when you use fight, otherwise your pets are going to get killed by Marine Mayhem. The Jagil pet is preferred for this fight as he laughs off most of the TP moves from the shark. Just spam recoil dive until he is dead.

Wopket: Tied for easiest with Dakuwaqa. If you're going at this with a full alliance, have everyone use Randy and spam Razor Fang until he drops. If you are in a party of six with 2-3 BSTs, have one BST use Warlike Patrick so you can make Liquefaction and Fusion to significantly speed up the fight.

Cailihm: Possibly the worst one. I'm not sure you can even win this one with JUST Bsts unless you get hella lucky. If your Bsts aren't using the snapweed, their pets are just going to die a lot. With a good magic ready move set and malaise, Stink Bomb might outperform Tickling tendrils, so that's an option. To SIGNIFICANTLY reduce the difficult, bring SMNs and have them use Titan and Geocrush. Also, a PUP using my new magic tank automaton(Harlequin/Soulsoother) Can keep him in one spot and let everyone focus on dealing damage rather than running away when pets lose hate.

Utkux: Another super crappy one. If you can manage to keep at least one lizard alive to make Liquefaction and Fusion, it'll help tremendously. Utkux hits hella hard though, and lizards aren't great at taking a hit anyway. As with Cailihm, this fight is made much easier by bringing SMNs(Ifrit, Flaming Crush) and a PUP(Magic tank) to hold him in place.
[+]
By Kelcie 2015-06-28 13:47:18  
Has anyone else had a problem with Precast Ready sets when using the new /bstpet commands? GearSwap is putting in my midcast, but skipping over my timer reducers! I'm using Falkirk's lua and have no idea how to correct this. Old ready macros still work.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-06-28 14:12:21  
In simple terms, when you use the new /bstpet command, you're sending a "1" or "2" or "3" etc through the client when Gearswap is expecting to see "Foot Kick", "Whirl Claws", or "Wild Carrot".

But if you're using my lua then it already has simplified Ready command macros built into it thanks to Bomberto.
Code
/console gs c Ready one
/console gs c Ready two
/console gs c Ready three

Starting at line 1613 in the file, you can edit which numbers correspond to which moves.

Edit: Having said that, it's possible to make an edit so when Gearswap sees a "1", "2", etc it'll equip precast gear, but it won't necessarily recognize whether or not it should equip physical or magical Ready gear to accompany it in the midcast without additional info.
[+]
By Kelcie 2015-06-28 14:46:21  
Ah, I didn't see that a new lua had been posted! Implemented it and took a look.. doesn't seem to fix the issue, though. Are there edits I need to make to get it working? Looks like the move sets in the lua don't line up exactly with the move sets in game (i.e. [1] is Roar in game, but this lua has it set to "Ready three".
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-06-28 14:49:30  
No, there is no fix for the /bstpet command - don't bother with it. :)

And you can edit which move is which in the function at line 1613.
By Kelcie 2015-06-28 15:20:03  
Darn. T_T I was so excited at the convenience of only needing one macro set for all pets! Alas!

Thanks, Falkirk, you really are the best.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-06-29 21:45:37  
WARRIOR PETS:
ReadyCharge
Cost
1500 TP 2000 TP 3000 TP Notes
Cyclotail19963.2013234.7815401.75Radial AoE (10 yalms)
Nimble Snap112298.4016416.6018973.25-
Scythe Tail112198.2516438.7518953.50Additional effect: Stun
Ripper Fang112177.3316318.7518970.33-
Mandibular Bite112221.5016263.5018882.00-

NON-WARRIOR PETS:
ReadyCharge
Cost
1000 TP 2000 TP 3000 TP Notes
Grapple14401.008406.009749.50Conal AoE
Double Claw15086.4310071.5011729.00-
Spinning Top15863.0011501.3313151.33Radial AoE (10 yalms)
Beak Lunge17044.1114378.6716509.50-

Multi-hit Ready Moves:

WARRIOR PETS:
ReadyCharge
Cost
1500 TP 2000 TP 3000 TP Notes
Chomp Rush36790.336790.336790.33Hits 3 times, Duration of effect varies with TP

NON-WARRIOR PETS:
ReadyCharge
Cost
Wing Slap22171.253831.504326.50Hits 5 times, Additional effect: Stun

Eft, Antlion, Apkallu, and Raptor all act as you'd expect. Cyclotail being a blunt damage mini-Tegmina is cool.

AnklebiterJade (Jedd in-game) has an MP pool and no TP Bonus, so he's likely the common Diremite job: DRK. The opportunity to make him a good pet was there, but unfortunately, they screwed it up... They needed to either make Double Claw actually hit twice (despite the animation, it's a single-hit attack) or increase the fTP on it so it matches the myriad other 1-charge, single-hit attacks.

And while Grapple is essentially a variation on Claw Cyclone, it's about 50% weaker for no good reason.

Spinning Top spam could be decent for AoE, but if you can get your Attack high enough the Eft does it better with Cyclotail (and gets WAR TP Bonus which DRK pets lack).

There's really no reason to ever bother with the Diremite pet, sadly.

The Mosquito may also be a DRK - again, no TP Bonus, has an MP pool... and its Ready moves are a Drain spell and a Darkness-based Magic attack. However, he does attack twice per round often, so not 100% sure.

You can see that Infected Leech deals ~1k damage when you use it against Undead monsters:

ReadyCharge
Cost
Gloom Spray2252442314700Conal AoE, Additional effect: Dispel

Gloom Spray is ~10% stronger than Cursed Sphere, but costs 2 charges instead of 1. The Dispel effect is useful, but really we should use Tulfaire to fulfill the same purpose and provide decent damage/debuffs/tanking ability simultaneously.
[+]
 Bahamut.Darksouls
サーバ: Bahamut
user: blacksoul
By Bahamut.Darksouls 2015-06-29 22:49:06  
Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Yeah, Spur was fixed. No more bonus damage.

Has anyone tried the acux camp after spurs adjustment? Is the dmg of magic ready moves still decent? Thank you.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-29 22:56:00  
It's still decent. My set is purely macc for higher level content, and I can still hit around 6.1k with grape daifuku. Takes 3 readies instead of 2, but it still works.
 Bahamut.Darksouls
By Bahamut.Darksouls 2015-06-29 23:42:25  
It's still decent. My set is purely macc for higher level content, and I can still hit around 6.1k with grape daifuku. Takes 3 readies instead of 2, but it still works.
Thank you Oraen. Would you mind let me know detail of your gears? How much m acc. you have exactly. I am having hard time to try to find information regards the monstrosity torque. Is this torque required to archive 6k dmg?
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-29 23:57:40  
I don't have the torque or the earrings in my magic ready set. I am not about that crystalline prophecy life.

Currently, I am using:
Main = Khumba with 19 Macc
Sub = Khumba with 18 macc
Head = Taeon 15 macc
Body = Taeon 23 macc
Hands = Regimen mittens 20 macc
Legs = Taeon 24 macc
Feet = Taeon 24 macc
Waist = Incarnation sash 15 macc
Back = Argochampsa mantle 12 MAB

Should be noted that the macc I have is way beyond what's needed for acuex camp, as I built mine entirely for end-game content.
 Bahamut.Darksouls
By Bahamut.Darksouls 2015-06-30 00:07:41  
Appreciate it. Thank you
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-06-30 20:21:52  
SurgingStorm / SubmergedIyo

These Apkallu are modified versions of DapperMac, complete with bonus Store TP job trait. You can see it when comparing the TP return of additional Wing Slap hits (hits 5 times total).

The regular monster version of Wing Slap is 4 hits, so the "special form of attacking" might be a reference to that extra hit (the 2nd one, which gets full melee TP return as opposed to 10).

And when you have a Double Attack proc occur from gear etc, and you get a 6th hit in there:

Quite a bit of TP return...

Beak Lunge also gets the extra offhand hit for the Jug Pet version. The hit counts as a "Double Attack" in the sense that it only deals damage equal to a regular melee strike, so it's a weak bonus.

With its Store TP trait, NQ Apkallu gets 12 TP for each additional hit after the 2nd, and HQ Apkallu gets 13 TP. If its base TP per hit is actually 59, this would be consistent with Store TP III trait for NQ and Store TP V trait for HQ.

Double-checked this with some Spur samples:
STP+35 w/Nukumi Ocreae +1
Store TP III = STP+20
SurgingStorm TP/hit = 59
floor(59*1.2) = 70 TP/hit
w/Spur = floor(59*1.55) = 91 TP/hit

Store TP V = STP+30
SubmergedIyo TP/hit = 59
floor(59*1.3) = 76 TP/hit
w/Spur = floor(59*1.65) = 97 TP/hit

---
Also wanted to mention that Gloom Spray can Magic Burst.
[+]
 Siren.Dolphjagfan
サーバ: Siren
user: inmanab
By Siren.Dolphjagfan 2015-07-01 10:48:47  
This may be a dumb question, but when a pet uses it's Ready move, does it gain Enmity in the same way that PCs do when they use a JA?
 Lakshmi.Amymy
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-07-02 16:49:56  
For charmers Merlin axe is it

equip charmers Merlin axe
Pet ready move
/wait 1
Equip 119 ax?

To get the full benefit?

Thanks in advance and great work on the guide.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-07-03 07:33:11  
Siren.Dolphjagfan said: »
This may be a dumb question, but when a pet uses it's Ready move, does it gain Enmity in the same way that PCs do when they use a JA?

Nope. Although the Beastmaster gains a very small amount it seems from using the ready move. Obviously the pet will gain whatever amount of enmity from performing the ready move, however.

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
For charmers Merlin axe is it

equip charmers Merlin axe
Pet ready move
/wait 1
Equip 119 ax?

To get the full benefit?

Thanks in advance and great work on the guide.

You never, ever, want to main hand the charmer's merlin. Your pet level will drop immediately to 99 if you do. While it's level will go back up as soon as you equip a 119, it's real easy to get hit by something during that time between, and 99 pets are pretty squishy.

That being said, yeah.

/equipset precastready
/pet readymove <wait1>
/equipset potencyready

That's how I set mine up with in game macros.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 175 176 177