フォーラム » FFXIV » Suggestions » Scratch FFXIV. Put FFXI on XIV engine
Scratch FFXIV. Put FFXI on XIV engine
 Carbuncle.Omgwheresmyname
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Wraithx
By Carbuncle.Omgwheresmyname 2015-01-27 09:36:44  
As stated above I believe they should make a FFXI 2.0
Scratch the ps2 and revamp the games sprites/designs/art everything. Change what you want with it visually but leave the systematics and gameplay the same.

I've tried just about every MMO out there including ffxiv and nothing replaced how much fun I used to have with FFXI. The game was/is one of a kind. It had its own unique way of building your character from scratch. It wasn't just about being lv.75(or 99 depending what era you played) and going all gun-hoe on endgame content. It was about the path getting there. The art of building a party and actually learning your job in the party. For me, it was all about strategy, I know it's just a game but you definitely had to actually use your brain if you wanted to achieve unforgettable goals. It was a lot more fun than chess is all i'm saying.

I guess I was keen to FFXI is because how friendly it was with a controller. I'm not a big mouse/keyboard person and just clicking thousands of times on icons. that just doesn't attract me. and half your screen is blocked from these icons? what fun is that? I really enjoyed the usage of macros and being able to personalize your gear swaps weaponskill changes, magic changes. I mean everything with the click of one button, because you prepared yourself with multiple lines of code to make it all happen.

I mean, after a decade and still have 115k+ subs, I'd say you did something right and need to exploit that.

Call me old fashion but thats just my two cents.

Thank you for your time^^
-Omg
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-01-27 09:39:15  
If I had a cent everytime someone made this thread...

No. Just no. Graphic ravamp is one thing this game needs the least. Want more resources in FFXI? Use them for more content and expansions.

*slams door*
[+]
By Carbuncle.Omgwheresmyname 2015-01-27 09:54:07  
If not a continuation of FFXI, then what they should have done with ffxiv is not fold and be like every mmo out there, but to have kept their design, and make it better.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-01-27 09:55:39  
FFXI is niche. They care about quantity of players. Casualand is perfectly fine with them if it brings in the gold.
By Carbuncle.Omgwheresmyname 2015-01-27 10:04:00  
Yeah i do suppose it's always been about money and statistics. But being one who was dedicated to a game like FFXI, I miss the old days. I'm sure thats whats this rants all about, and the fact xiv is garbage imo. But all they see is dollar signs in their eyes right?($_$)/''')
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-01-27 10:11:37  
Drop PS2 globally, reverse item level system BS, start raising level caps again. People used to make private servers and set themselves to lv 225-255. It can go higher if they'd stop supporting the PS2, NES, and Sega Genesis.
[+]
By Carbuncle.Omgwheresmyname 2015-01-27 10:15:18  
Is this xi or xiv you're talking about?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-01-27 10:20:09  
Carbuncle.Omgwheresmyname said: »
Is this xi or xiv you're talking about?
XI. I quit when they changed the entire game to put it on life support while supporting PS2 in Japan.
By Carbuncle.Omgwheresmyname 2015-01-27 10:24:34  
Agreed. Even with all the expansions they added on to try to keep the game alive I tried to understand and go along with, but they really did change the game when they introduced abyssea and so forth.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-01-27 10:30:48  
Agreed. Even with all the expansions they added on to try to keep the game alive I tried to understand and go along with, but they really did change the game when they introduced abyssea and so forth.
Abyssea was bearable for me but Seekers changed everything in a way I couldn't accept so I quit and ended up picking up FFXIV.
By Carbuncle.Omgwheresmyname 2015-01-27 10:43:50  
Yeah I carried on because I was still having fun with friends and that was more than half the reason I would have so much fun. Is being able to play with friends/making friends. it was enjoyable. I may give xiv another shot. but I'm still iffy about it because I know it favors mouse/keyboard ya?
 Asura.Devdas
サーバ: Asura
user: Lerouge
By Asura.Devdas 2015-01-27 10:44:18  
Or just play ffxi again... if you are wanting a visual update then you have a bigger issue with the game then the content and gameplay. The content is still there, people are just too blinded by nostalgia to play the game and experience what it has to offer.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-01-27 10:52:38  
Yeah I carried on because I was still having fun with friends and that was more than half the reason I would have so much fun. Is being able to play with friends/making friends. it was enjoyable. I may give xiv another shot. but I'm still iffy about it because I know it favors mouse/keyboard ya?
I play PS4 with controller, already talk of dropping PS3 support. Most of my friends quit shortly after Seekers.
By Carbuncle.Omgwheresmyname 2015-01-27 14:15:42  
Asura.Devdas said: »
Or just play ffxi again... if you are wanting a visual update then you have a bigger issue with the game then the content and gameplay. The content is still there, people are just too blinded by nostalgia to play the game and experience what it has to offer.
Very true, good point. and really the graphics were always fine with me, they even surprised me here and there. I know the content is there, I think its just the fact that now, there is so much content i'll be overwhelmed. idk I just need to shutup and get back to it haha
Anna Ruthven said: »
I play PS4 with controller, already talk of dropping PS3 support. Most of my friends quit shortly after Seekers.
Yeah, thats the sad part. If I return to either game, I will returning solo and make new friends. Everyone that I know has stopped playing :'( haha
 Asura.Devdas
サーバ: Asura
user: Lerouge
By Asura.Devdas 2015-01-27 15:11:34  
Yeah, thats the sad part. If I return to either game, I will returning solo and make new friends. Everyone that I know has stopped playing :'( haha

Well it's been said multiple times before and I will repeat it again, with trusts the game is more solo friendly then it ever was and sparks make it easier to get the higher level gear together so you can start doing endgame content without having to join shout groups completely naked.
By Carbuncle.Omgwheresmyname 2015-01-27 16:25:56  
Asura.Devdas said: »

Well it's been said multiple times before and I will repeat it again, with trusts the game is more solo friendly then it ever was and sparks make it easier to get the higher level gear together so you can start doing endgame content without having to join shout groups completely naked.
Thanks brotha, Now to decide which server looks like the most fun! lol