2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » deadly tap water
deadly tap water
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Ramyrez 2015-01-26 14:19:52  
alwaycool said: »
Maybe this will remind you since it seems you have suffered from severe short term memory loss.

Must be the fluoride.

Or maybe the radiation beam the government shoots at me from black helicopters since I didn't wear my tinfoil hat.

Or, wait. I know. The Iluminati lobotomized me to keep me silent!

[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-01-26 19:45:55  
Ramyrez said: »
alwaycool said: »
Maybe this will remind you since it seems you have suffered from severe short term memory loss.

Must be the fluoride.

Or maybe the radiation beam the government shoots at me from black helicopters since I didn't wear my tinfoil hat.

Or, wait. I know. The Iluminati lobotomized me to keep me silent!

Actually, a copper mesh hat is the best way to deflect mind reading radio waves.
[+]
 Asura.Jezzus
サーバ: Asura
user: L30x
By Asura.Jezzus 2015-01-26 20:32:33  

http://www.infowars.com/
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-01-26 22:27:10  
If you're willing to watch, perhaps this will help.
YouTube Video Placeholder
By Jetackuu 2015-01-26 22:38:56  
@OP:

YouTube Video Placeholder

House did it!

As for the flouride thing: I honestly wish there was flouride in my well water, would probably increase my overall oral health.
 Siren.Lordgrim
サーバ: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-01-29 03:18:40  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
charlo999 said: »
More chlorine in public water is needed obviously. Oh and more fluoride while we are at it. We are protecting you.....
Do you know how much fluoride it takes to do any harm to somebody? Do you also know how much fluoride is in most water systems today?

You do realize that you would get water poisoning well before you get to those levels of fluoride that would do harm, right? I'm guessing not.

Do you realize the harm is not immediately and it causes problems down the road. Through skin absorption and consumption from not only water but from medicine as well and the toothpaste we brush with gets absorbed as well even if you properly spit it out. You may think it is miniscule but over 3000 doctors in the United States have been petitioning congress to remove it from our water. If you want more information regarding this topic check out Political Awakening For Truth and Justice section 3 Reform Change for the Food and Drug Administration. I have the sources there and I know you hate youtube Mr nobody but actual practicing doctors and economists and other respectable folks like it.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-01-29 03:28:18  
Shiva.Alwaycool said: »
I dont know why they call it conspiracy anymore... I guess it's only called that for people who dont want to come to terms with the truth. Sometimes it can be hard, I know

You don't know why it's called a conspiracy when you say the government is trying to poison us all with fluoride? Really?

You rock a tinfoil hat at night, don't you?

I laughed at this because guess who was also a big fan of fluoridation in water to the public. Nazi Germany of course. They too loved to socially and medically experimenting with there citizens. You can not deny that. Now look at our FDA and big media and our two political parties.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
サーバ: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-01-29 04:14:59  
Going full Godwin up in this ***! Whoo!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Arcaine
user: rcaine
By Ragnarok.Arcaine 2015-01-29 04:55:51  
Loathe as I am to agree with kingnobody on.... well... anything, the issue of fluoride in water is not a reasonable health concern. Unless you're hooked up to a dialysis machine we can assume your kidneys are working, which means that your body is capable of eliminating excess amounts of fluoride over time. Also, fewer cavities.

The implementation of fluoride in water does pose some controversy in the common good vs personal liberty department, but I think (and studies have shown) that it's done more good than harm. Sure as long as there's tinfoil on this earth there will be those refusing any sort of beneficial health advancement. Counties and municipalities sueing to have fluoride removed may see an increase in dental carries over time, which will lead to a bump in healthcare costs.

Your neighbor's health affects you, one way or another.
But hey, what would I know? I'm only a healthcare professional.

In other news, man killed by falling tree: lets get rid of all trees everywhere due to this incident! (stock up on O2 tanks now)
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-29 05:35:18  
Siren.Lordgrim said: »
You may think it is miniscule but over 3000 doctors in the United States have been petitioning congress to remove it from our water.
Where's the petition? Where can we find this? Where's the source?

If you want more information regarding this topic check out Political Awakening For Truth and Justice section 3 Reform Change for the Food and Drug Administration.
It has already been proven that your thread is full of bunk.

If you want to prove something, you do not use your own opinions as a source.

I have the sources there and I know you hate youtube Mr nobody but actual practicing doctors and economists and other respectable folks like it.
No, doctors, economists, accountants, and respectable people do not use YouTube videos as primary sources and base their opinions on that. I know it's hard for you to understand this, but research and educated opinions are published in a format foreign to you, using words and grammar structures that you fail to grasp.

I laughed at this because guess who was also a big fan of fluoridation in water to the public. Nazi Germany of course. They too loved to socially and medically experimenting with there citizens. You can not deny that. Now look at our FDA and big media and our two political parties.
This coming from a person who stated that Hydra (from Captain America comic book and movies) is historically real.
By charlo999 2015-01-29 05:59:17  
Quote:
"Studies done by H.S. Brown, Ph.D., D.R. Bishop, MPH, and C.A. Rowan, MSPH in the early 1980s showed that anaverage of 64% of the total dose of waterborne contaminants is absorbed through the skin. Also, studies by Dr. Julian Andelman, Professor of Water Chemistry, University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health, found less chemical exposure from drinking contaminated water than using it to wash the clothes or take a shower (American Journal of Public Health, May 1984)."

"these 3 researchers [Brown, Bishop, and Rowan] used Fick's Law to determine permeability constants for selected compounds. Then they calculated dose per kilogram for 9 different exposure situations and compared this to the oral dose per kilogram. They found that skin absorption contributed from 29 to 91 percent of the total dose, averaging 64 percent."

That's not saying 29 to 91 percent of the fluoride will be absorbed; that's saying that 29 to 91 percent of all the chemicals absorbed into the body from water came through skin absorption and the rest from ingestion.
The actual amount that you will absorb through skin or through inhalation varies with more variables than even hot versus cold water. Even the amount of fluoride in the tap water varies and is not a set constant. Children will absorb a higher percentage since they have more surface area per body weight. A child is not an adult, but most toxicological data are based on occupational exposures for adults. I was unable to find a study on fluoride absorption specifically. I think one should be done.

"
One EPA scientist said, "For instance, a shower cubicle can be considered an 'exposure chamber'. Exposure to volatile contaminants absorbed via the lung would be about double the same amount from drinking water. In the bath, underarms, scrotal and vaginal areas as well as the groin absorb far greater amounts than in the normal unwashed forearm test."
"

"Surprisingly, ingestion is not the most efficient way to deliver toxicants into the system. Dermal exposure and inhalation of the contaminants are absorbed directly into the blood stream. Of the three modes of exposure, dermal exposures are the most efficient: virtually 100% of the contaminants are absorbed into the system."

The following was found on wikipedia:
From the abstract of
http://general-anaesthesia.com/ignaz-semmelweis.html
:
A 19th century image of the medical profession's attitude toward disease transmission is introduced through Ignaz Semmelweis' hypothesis: Infection can be caused by an external agent transmitted when physicians fail to sterilize their hands between patient examinations. Semmelweis' test of his hypothesis reduced the obstetrical death rate from 18% to almost 1%. However, he was degraded, defrocked, and driven to death by a profession whose emotions contradicted the evidence. Medical professionals like to believe they are not gullible, a trait defined as being easily duped. They rightly believe in their ability to avoid the error of accepting a result not supported by adequate evidence. They are not so free of the complementary error: refusing to accept a result that is supported by adequate evidence, which might be thought of as reverse gullibility. It is just as bad a logical error and just as serious a denial of the best medical care for our patients. Clearly Semmelweis, and later Louis Pasteur and others who were disbelieved, were correct. The profession was duped by its emotional adherence to current practice. To be truly professional, let us believe our evidence rather than our biases and not suffer from reverse gullibility.

People who deny the dangerous effects of fluoride may be suffering from a big ego and so called "reverse gullibility."

Quote:
Fluoride is readily absorbed through the skin when showering, bathing, or swimming in a fluoridated swimming pool. (just like a nicotine patch). Your skin is the largest organ of the body. And yes, the fluoride in toothpaste, foods, water, and beverages can be absorbed through the tissues of the mouth and from under the tongue. (just like nitroglycerin tablets or sub-lingual vitamin B-12). According to the Physican's Desk Reference, the mucosal lining inside the mouth has an absorption efficiency of over ninety percent. Because of this, fluoride and other carcinogens can get into your blood, your brain, and your cells in no time at all.

In 1997, the EPA concluded that a person can absorb more contaminants from bathing and showering than from drinking polluted water.

Studies done by Brown, Bishop and Rowan in the early 1980s showed that an average of 64 percent of the total dose of waterborne contaminants (including fluoride) are absorbed through the skin.

A study by British researchers at the Health and Safety Laboratory in Sheffield published in the February 19, 2000 issue of Human Experimental Toxicology suggests that toxicants such as fluorides can be stored in the skin and released over a period of time.

The failure to account for inhalation and dermal exposures to fluorides is the most significant flaw in fluoride research. It invalidates all dosage conclusions based solely on ingestion.

Among other health hazards, fluoride also increases your risk for cancer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClqK7XvfLg0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9ifyVJUMK0

Read why over 1000 EPA scientists oppose fluoridation:
http://www.nteu280.org/Issues/Fluoride/NTEU280-Fluoride.htm

The LD50 type of fluoride added to tap water is more toxic than lead and only slightly less toxic than arsenic.

This is based on LD50 data from Robert E. Gosselin et al, Clinical Toxicology of Commercial Products 5th ed., 1984.

The fluoridated water you drink is not the same product as researched. The only similarity is the fact that the fluoride ion is present in some form. The fluoride ion only hypothetically exists as an entity in an ideal solution, purified water, and tap water is far from pure H2O. It is not, "simply the fluoride ion in water," it is a complex recipe of toxic substances.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-29 06:18:27  
Conspiracy Theories.
ADA, CDC, Health Canada, and WHO all support the current levels of fluoridation in tap water.

Who should you believe, several respected groups of scientists, or a union?

BTW, those three doctors in your first source showed the effects of fluoride in high doses. The EPA regulates fluoride to be 4 ppm, and those doctors were studying fluoride consumption of 32-64 ppm.

I think even a monkey can tell the difference between 4 and 32....

Oh, btw charlo....

The fluoridated water you drink is not the same product as researched. The only similarity is the fact that the fluoride ion is present in some form. The fluoride ion only hypothetically exists as an entity in an ideal solution, purified water, and tap water is far from pure H2O. It is not, "simply the fluoride ion in water," it is a complex recipe of toxic substances.

Thanks for debunking your own sources.
By charlo999 2015-01-29 06:45:10  
Are you a total moron or something.
They are 2 separate sources.
Which means it's refering to the research done by those bodies you've quoted.
Quote:

Who have only done studies relating to ingestion.

Also the study is purely to find the absorbstion rate. It doesn't matter how much was used.
4ppm is 3.99 mg/l
So have a bath average of 50-80 litres even at a 50% intake through the skin how does that weigh up compared to the guidelines of recommended daily intake. And that's just a bath.
Vapour would be a bigger absorbstion too through showers and bath.
Then there's dental and drinking water on top.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-29 07:07:53  
Are you a total moron or something.
They are 2 separate sources.
Which means it's refering to the research done by those bodies you've quoted.
Quote:

Who have only done studies relating to ingestion.

Also the study is purely to find the absorbstion rate. It doesn't matter how much was used.
I think it is pretty obvious that you do not know what PPM means.

It means "parts per million." It is a standard measuring tool to determine how many "parts" per "million parts" are in a group of "million parts."

When somebody says 4 PPM, that means for every million parts of something (water in this case), only 4 of that item being separated (fluoride in this case) is present, and the next million parts will only have 4 of that separated item, and the next million after that will only have 4.

Your "studies" showed what would happen to organisms who are exposed to 32 PPM of fluoride. That means that the first million parts of water, 32 of those parts have fluoride in it, and the next has another 32, and the one after that has another 32. If you do the math, that means in order for normal water to reach the level of toxicity that those studies showed in the first million parts, you would have to absorb eight million units of water.

Absorb btw. Meaning both consumption and what is taken in by normal usage of water (mainly bathing). That means you would have to sit in a bathtub of water in order to absorb the 32 parts of fluoride that is considered toxic in the first million parts.

Seriously, if I have to explain it to you, you need to go back to school...this is common sense....
By charlo999 2015-01-29 07:10:44  
Conversion link

Put in your 4ppm that'll give you your mg/l
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-29 07:14:09  
Do you deny anything I said?
By Ramyrez 2015-01-29 07:33:02  
KN, really, you're the one who is wrong here, because you're engaging them at all.

Just let the crazies have their nonsense and get on with your day. They're not worth even the most boring of your free moments.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-29 07:38:17  
KN, really, you're the one who is wrong here, because you're engaging them at all.

Just let the crazies have their nonsense and get on with your day. They're not worth even the most boring of your free moments.
Damn, even when I'm right, I'm wrong?

You guys won't let me have anything, will you?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-01-29 07:46:27  
Hey, I'm trying to help you here.
[+]
By charlo999 2015-01-29 08:38:28  
Some links I've found

Studies and info on floride in America

General skin exposure

List of chemical absorbstion rates

I can't find the absorbstion rate through skin of floride anywhere.
And it is omitted on the first link as no data. As is studies on dermal intake on floride.
Btw in a 50 litre bath there is 199.5mg of floride floating about on the fact that it's 4ppm.
So 5% of this absorbed would equal the 10mg/l recommended dose.
Just need to know the absorb rate per hour to say how much you can absorb.
The first link actually recommends drinking bottled water if in an area of 4ppm.
And also recommends a much lower daily dose than 10ppm.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-01-29 08:51:13  
There's no reason to dump fluoride in public water sources. It does have detrimental effects if over consumed, even if they often begin in nothing more than a mildly cosmetic aspect.

Just go to the store and buy some.
[+]
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2015-01-29 08:57:00  
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-29 09:59:27  
Some links I've found

Studies and info on floride in America

General skin exposure

List of chemical absorbstion rates

I can't find the absorbstion rate through skin of floride anywhere.
And it is omitted on the first link as no data. As is studies on dermal intake on floride.
Btw in a 50 litre bath there is 199.5mg of floride floating about on the fact that it's 4ppm.
So 5% of this absorbed would equal the 10mg/l recommended dose.
Just need to know the absorb rate per hour to say how much you can absorb.
The first link actually recommends drinking bottled water if in an area of 4ppm.
And also recommends a much lower daily dose than 10ppm.
So, you presented a link to a study that compares something different than what is in drinking water....good job!

The other two links state nothing about absorption rates of fluoride in skin....

You have yet to show anything that proves that the amount of fluoride in drinking water does any hard towards people.....you even proved that those studies were conducted using elements not associated with fluoride in water....
By Jetackuu 2015-01-29 10:21:02  
I think people forget that we have kidneys...
By charlo999 2015-01-29 10:40:21  
1 It's a study of toxicology of florides, florine and hydrogen florine.
If you bothered to read it it has a lot of info about human studies including oral, dermis, and respiratory intake. Also studies on animal testing. It includes studies of floride in water.
So your wrong.

The other links are 2 an example of absorbstion through skin of chemicals in general. To give people a better idea.
The other 3 is the only list of chemical flux rate I could find. Which oddly doesn't include florides.
I find it incredible that there is no information or studies regarding absorbstion through skin and flux rates to a chemical that has been approved for over 50 years.
I'll keep looking to see if I can find the flux rates for floride.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-01-29 18:44:37  
Jetackuu said: »
I think people forget that we have kidneys...

I think people also don't know that fluoride can cause kidney damage here is source Fluoride causes kidney and skeletal deformity

I'll use myself as further proof and i am sure anyone who drinks water with that crap in can see White stains on there teeth go to a mirror and check for white spots. That is not a sign of perfect dental care for your information. It is caused by toxins modifying your genetics. I remember when i was in kindergarten to 1st grade there was a tray that was passed around with small cups each morning in class it was fluoride mouth wash. Boy i tell you they love starting on us young don't they anything to further hurt us further down the road.

fast forward to 2015

I went to a doctor because i thought i sprained my foot it hurt to walk on i never use to have this problem before because i move a lot and work out. He took some pictures and told me " your lucky ". I told him i did not feel lucky. He then said you are 1/10 Americans who get large bone spurs which is a skeletal deformity. I have two the size of shark teeth in my right foot. I drink a lot of water and i brush my teeth and shower 2 times a day. He told me he see's a lot of this and yes i asked him if fluoride could be the cause and he said " yeah ".

Listen we can still maintain dental hygiene without fluoride in our water systems and in fact we never started putting it in our water till the last remaining years of world war two. I just keep looking back to the problems we have today revolving around 1913 and the years involving world war 2 it is no coincidence.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-01-29 18:54:12  
The amount of flouride you'd have to absorb is insane to cause kidney damage, you'd have to do it on purpose, or be an idiot and swallow mouthwash often.

Your anecdotal nonsense aside, your paranoid delusions are rather amusing.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-01-29 18:55:50  
-dies inside-
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-01-29 19:05:41  
Jetackuu said: »
The amount of flouride you'd have to absorb is insane to cause kidney damage, you'd have to do it on purpose, or be an idiot and swallow mouthwash often.

Your anecdotal nonsense aside, your paranoid delusions are rather amusing.

Thats not being paranoid if you do not believe me, by all means look it up and check that link out.

as one intelligent poster put, you should have the freedom to
Quote:
Ragnarok.Nausi said
There's no reason to dump fluoride in public water sources. It does have detrimental effects if over consumed, even if they often begin in nothing more than a mildly cosmetic aspect.

Just go to the store and buy some.

Nothing should be forced on free people.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
サーバ: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-01-29 19:46:51  
You know who else drank water? HITLER! Ban water, fluoride and all!!
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8