The Last Dance II: The Show Must Go On
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 80 81 82
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-12-10 13:56:40  
Crit damage is also better than rate for Evisceration in pretty much every situation.
 Leviathan.Katriina
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2016-12-10 14:07:17  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
Swapping Begrudging in for Apate would also help

Done!

For PK, definitely consider Floestone
it never dropped for me !!! but I will try more to get it :)

Don't forget Samnuha Tights for this
You are absolutely correct, Modified in Set assuming perfect augments....

Apate will outperform Ifrit at attack cap
Added as a note under set.

Asura.Azagarth said: »
gl on the augs! they are a pain.
Yeah, try spamming 5k stones for that XD with no luck!
But I still like this system because it makes each player unique somehow.

Thank you both for your awesome feedback :)
By Zyx1337 2016-12-10 14:15:10  
Awesome posts, glad there's a wealth of knowledge in here! I love the aug system so I'll be throwing stones away this weekend for those juicy herc augs
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-12-10 16:42:01  
Begrudging is better than Apate for Evisceration by quite a bit.

Apate is arguably better than Ifrit +1 for PK
By Zyx1337 2016-12-11 15:25:06  
Wouldn't skormoth mask be better than herc head ?
By hobo 2016-12-11 15:41:22  
A perfect Dampening Tam would beat a skormoth mask
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-12-13 10:12:54  
DNC AF has an impressive amount of accuracy on it, but most of it isn't what I'd normally consider a TP piece. The +3 hands are a good Rudra's Storm piece, but the +2 hands are about even with Megh+1. It's not clear what the potential augments on these pieces will be, but I scanned the augment systems, found nothing new, and thus feel it's unlikely to be unique JA enhancements. I guess "Enhances Ternary Flourish" will have to wait.

The Mummu +1 set has a lot of MAcc and a passable amount of Acc, which makes it a good Violent Flourish set but otherwise kind of useless to our job.

For non-set stuff:
* Ashera body replaces Emet Harness +1 as a good DT body and is substantially better than it for TPing.
* Sherida earring is great for PK and TP.
* Anu necklace is going to be awesome for everything unless you really need Acc.
* Ilabrat is good for Rudra's and has TPing potential
* Yamarang is like a better version of Ginsen as far as I'm concerned
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2016-12-13 10:36:30  
DNC got a ton of violent flourish toys this update. Do we know if "Violent Flourish" Accuracy +37 on Horos Casaque is a unique multiplier or just magic acc with a different name? If it's only macc then Mummu should beat it.

Mummu head is also kinda nice since we can easily reach 50% waltz potency without using the head slot.
 Sylph.Infamy
サーバ: Sylph
user: Virtue
By Sylph.Infamy 2016-12-13 10:45:05  
Is there a point where the AF legs become useful because of the SC bonus? I haven't really thought about how to work those in, but I'm curious. My Samnuha Tights augs are lousy, my Herc augs are reasonable for PK. I guess maybe I'm just more curious about what SE expects us to do with the legs.

It's probably safe to assume they will boost that number on the Empy hands when they get to those upgrades, too. Is there some tradeoff point where stacking SC bonus outweighs stat losses in other categories?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-12-13 11:30:35  
Phoenix.Brixy said: »
DNC got a ton of violent flourish toys this update. Do we know if "Violent Flourish" Accuracy +37 on Horos Casaque is a unique multiplier or just magic acc with a different name? If it's only macc then Mummu should beat it.

Mummu head is also kinda nice since we can easily reach 50% waltz potency without using the head slot.

We don't know what Horos Casaque (and before it, Etoile Casaque) are doing to Violent Flourish. Anecdotal evidence has always favored a MAcc boost, but we don't know if it's 1:1 or what. I'd guess it's at least equal to 37 MAcc, so Mummu +1 (40 MAcc, 40 Acc) might be better than it but I'll probably keep using Horos +1 to save inventory space. Also, though I just talked it up, I have actually found few uses for violent flourish lately. I'll probably just store the entire Mummu set until Violent Flourish is worth sacrificing 4-5 inventory for.

Even with the body I'd still use the -2 recast MKE hat on pretty much everything. So my set would look something like:
Ammo: new feather (5%)
Head: MKE hat (-2 recast)
rear: roundel (+5%)
Body: 119 AF+3 (+19%), Received +8%
Hands: 11% potency augmented Herc hands (hopefully with CHR)
Ring: Carb+1 or Asklepian if you are waltzing yourself
Legs: Desultors or CHR
Feet: 119 AF+3 (14%)
This set overcaps you to 54%. If a good CHR earring or ammo came out you could drop Roundel or the feather for it (-1% potency for CHR). If you don't need the recast, you could swap out MKE hat for the Mummu bonnet +1 for another Received +8%.

If the body stacks with the MKE hat, it means that Curing Waltz III is down to a 6 second recast. Not very relevant to current endgame, but still interesting.

Sylph.Infamy said: »
Is there a point where the AF legs become useful because of the SC bonus? I haven't really thought about how to work those in, but I'm curious. My Samnuha Tights augs are lousy, my Herc augs are reasonable for PK. I guess maybe I'm just more curious about what SE expects us to do with the legs.

It's probably safe to assume they will boost that number on the Empy hands when they get to those upgrades, too. Is there some tradeoff point where stacking SC bonus outweighs stat losses in other categories?

There is a trade-off point but I guess the summary is just that these pieces are really hard to use well. SC Bonus +16 is +13% skillchain damage. Skillchain damage is a product of some combination of multipliers and the closing Weapon Skill damage.
WS+SC damage = WS Damage + (WS Damage)*(SC multipliers) = WS Damage*(1+SC Multipliers)

So you increase your WS+SC damage by 6.5% if you increase WS damage by 6.5%. How much you increase it by if you mess with the SC Multipliers term depends on how large the SC multipliers term is (including resists/bonuses). It could be as much as 4, which means a further 13% increase would increase SC+WS damage by 10%. Even without resisting, it could be as low as 0.6 (single-step L1 skillchain), in which case you're looking at a 5% increase in WS+SC damage from SCB+16. Of course, if you fail to skillchain or your skillchain is badly resisted then there's always a chance you could be looking at a ~0% increase in WS+SC damage from SCB+16. That's really the problematic case. For me, I probably won't be bothering with these pants (over Samnuha or Lustratio +1) unless they end up being augmented with 30 DEX or 10% WSD something.

Also, SC bonus caps at 50. We have 31% in trait and these are 16%, so they put us at 47% without using the hands.
[+]
 Sylph.Infamy
user: Virtue
By Sylph.Infamy 2016-12-13 11:48:26  
Thanks Byrth, as always, for the detailed reply.
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2016-12-13 12:14:37  
I have Selenian Cap with pet dt-10% for smn so I can't use Anwig Salade. I agree that Anwig is easily a better option overall though. With the hat -2, body -2 and potentially offhanding the -2 dagger we could probably do some main healing for giggles... If it wasn't for everything spamming 30 debuffs I guess.
By Zyx1337 2016-12-13 16:49:07  
What augs are you tping in on your back piece? I made a 30STR, 20acc/atk 10DA for PK. But should I go an ACC / DEX DA one for TPing or STP?
 Cerberus.Littlewolftamer
サーバ: Cerberus
user: wolftamer
By Cerberus.Littlewolftamer 2016-12-15 18:05:02  
So good simple new player alternative to Epona's ring? (Nobody does freaking Abyssea anymore and getting procs for Red and Blue is a bloody nightmare solo)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-12-15 18:28:22  
There's no real alternative. Just don't try for Red and focus on Blue as DNC/THF. Claim during piercing time and use the conflux to deagro/reset it until it's dagger weak.

Also, did some maf about Herculean gear. It's about a thousand Fern stones for one augment that has got >=30 Acc and 4% TA. Prices bounce around, but on my server that's about 6mil worth of Fern stones.
 Cerberus.Littlewolftamer
By Cerberus.Littlewolftamer 2016-12-15 19:35:58  
The reason for focusing on red procs is mostly for trying to get Atma because I have none. I really want Razed Ruin because it's such a good boost but right now it just ain't happening. Not just for Rani but also for things like getting my Soil Belt (damn cactus just isn't soloable for me right now. Can't kill it fast enough to prevent ??? needles)
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-12-15 19:38:29  
I don't know if it's still available, but if you check one of the chests by Joachim in Port Jeuno, you get 10 or so atmas, one of which is Razed Ruins.
 Cerberus.Littlewolftamer
By Cerberus.Littlewolftamer 2016-12-15 20:18:04  
I got a Prishe Statue from it :(

Looks like it was an event 3 years ago: http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/11th/abyssea.html
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-12-15 20:21:33  
They bring it back once in a while during monthly campaigns, I think?
 Cerberus.Littlewolftamer
By Cerberus.Littlewolftamer 2016-12-15 21:52:24  
I hope so. I've been trying to nail some of these Atma for a while now and it's almost impossible with the shitty Red procs we get on DNC.
 Leviathan.Katriina
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2016-12-16 05:42:20  
Zyx1337 said: »
What augs are you tping in on your back piece? I made a 30STR, 20acc/atk 10DA for PK. But should I go an ACC / DEX DA one for TPing or STP?

I'm sure Byrth can highlight more about Terp/TP:

However, I would assume if Terp main you should TP in STP cape and depending on the content you're fighting, how many JP you have and how capped your attack from buffs:

• DEX, STP for lower JP Higher content and capped attack from buffs/debuffs.

• STR, STP for Higher JP/master, mid-high tier fights and uncapped attack situations.

Personally I have both. and [DA, STR/DEX] for Twashtar main TP.
By Zyx1337 2016-12-16 06:32:23  
Thanks for the response Kat, I'll build a store TP Cape this weekend then ! Appreciate the input
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-12-18 20:45:14  
Maxixi Casaque +2 stacks with Anwig Salade. My Curing Waltz III and Healing Waltz recasts are 7 seconds now.
[+]
By Zyx1337 2016-12-19 11:01:10  
Very nice! Go main heal everything now haha.

Does anyone mind post a PK ws set?
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-12-19 12:23:37  
Maybe something like this:

ItemSet 348362
Adhemar B, Herc STR/TA, Senuna STR/DA

fTP carries across all hits, so multi-attack is gonna be really nice for PK.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-12-19 13:35:45  
Apate Ring over Ifrit and Cheruski Needle over Floestone at attack cap will be small improvements. Apate might be better even not at cap. It's possible that NQ Mache is superior to Brutal, but I haven't run any numbers on that.
By Sidra 2016-12-24 13:12:53  
In Kinematics DNC lua, I can cycle selection my main and alt steps, but I can't figure out where it has the use of those steps keybound to. Anyone know?
 Cerberus.Littlewolftamer
By Cerberus.Littlewolftamer 2016-12-27 00:00:18  
Sidra said: »
In Kinematics DNC lua, I can cycle selection my main and alt steps, but I can't figure out where it has the use of those steps keybound to. Anyone know?

The default doesn't have any keybinds for it, but you could add your own. The comments at the beginning show the commands you would need to put in a keybind or XI macro.
 Asura.Kroe
サーバ: Asura
user: Delagyela
By Asura.Kroe 2016-12-30 13:56:14  
Are the gear set sin the guide up to date? If so, can someone tell me what to augment on the taeon pieces for rudras ws.
If not, can anyone link me a Rudra's set. BiS everything please.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-01-01 08:36:48  
We've gotten more Waltz gear lately. The ideal set is something like this:
ItemSet 332138

That results in an efficiency table like this:

The logic for the columns is:
HP/Delay - This is the maximum possible speed you could heal HP with this Waltz, in HP/sec.
HP/TP Cost - This is how TP efficient it is to heal HP with a Waltz, in HP/TP
HP/2 sec - This is how efficient it is to heal HP with a Waltz in terms of forced delay, in HP/sec
Delay - 2 sec - This is how much TP time you'd have between Waltzes if you were Waltzing at recast.
TP/sec - This is how fast you'd have to get TP if you were waltzing at Recast. 150TP/sec is a little high but still possible at capped haste/good buffs, actually, so it's theoretically possible to heal at recast using any Waltz.

Anyway, what I'd draw from this is:
1) Waltz 3/4/5 are comparably HP/TP efficient now, but the higher tier waltzes need to be used less frequently and thus have less of an impact on your DPS.
2) Divine Waltz II is your most efficient option if you're going to hit 3 targets for the full amount (~900HP).
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 80 81 82