Whatever Happened To Indi-regain?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Whatever happened to indi-regain?
Whatever happened to indi-regain?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-13 10:45:23  

Says it in the job art description. Well, where is it?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-12-13 10:48:12  
I think SE realized haste would be more valuable.

Early Geomancer didn't want to be a Bard variant, relying on niche buffs and nukes to compensate for a weaker buffspread. Between luopans being made of glass and needing to stay in a very small sphere, Geomancer was simply too constrained to be a wavemaker.

SE tried to have some semblance of balance with BRD and COR but when that inevitably failed they just flat boosted the job like it should have been in the first place. That means vital haste over a niche regain effect.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-13 10:57:58  
Regain would be valuable for back line rangers
[+]
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2014-12-13 11:02:46  
I guess if you're already capped accuracy and Fury/Frailty are already up and you need an entrust spell and you're grasping for straws on your 3rd spell to cast. You'd probably gain more damage going MAB as that 3rd slot and having the geo nuke though.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-12-13 11:31:23  
I'd just want it for prefight/Waiting for next pop, TP for AM3, personally. So yes, SE. Gimmie Indi-Regain.
[+]
 Asura.Kaoriasada
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kaoriasada 2014-12-13 11:42:20  
Sylph.Systematicchaos said: »
I guess if you're already capped accuracy and Fury/Frailty are already up and you need an entrust spell and you're grasping for straws on your 3rd spell to cast. You'd probably gain more damage going MAB as that 3rd slot and having the geo nuke though.

And what about monsters that nukes don't do near anything on?
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-13 11:58:07  
Asura.Kaoriasada said: »
Sylph.Systematicchaos said: »

And what about monsters that nukes don't do near anything on?

Indi refresh!
Indi Stat Vomit(STR)
Indi Defence for the lols specially if your DD are fond or Berserk
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-13 11:59:21  
That was my thinking as well, Martel. A decent prebuff for D or VD fights, especially for PLD and THF who can plant initial hate. COR's Tactician's roll is a good prebuff roll, and, as mentioned above, its a "niche" ability. I don't think there is any regain ability or spell (besides prenerf SCH 2hour) that is used as a main ability.

All I'm saying is, there are specific instances where I am not using Indi-Haste (i.e. SV marches + haste 1), like during Bird Delves or DMII with RNGs party.

Using Acumen doesn't help either, since some monsters are resistant to magic damage, and nuking isn't totally the most effective all of the time. The Niche of Indi-Regain could be a nice 3rd or 4th Entrust spell (if using Random deal).

Just think if they mentioned it initially, they should give it to GEO. But maybe they are concerned that GEO-Regain with Bolster would become SCH 1hr 2.0
[+]
By Heimdel 2014-12-13 12:12:26  
I think it's a lot simpler than this. They just forgot it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-13 12:13:25  
Welp, if that's the case, time to remind them on the Official Forums.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-13 12:24:57  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I'd just want it for prefight/Waiting for next pop, TP for AM3, personally. So yes, SE. Gimmie Indi-Regain.

I like being able to roll tact's while gathering or outside of BC's, makes me feel like I'm doing something useful besides just rolling buffs and missing ranged attacks. Other than giving mythic owners a free AM3 at the start of a fight, regain doesn't offer much, really.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-13 12:28:56  
Doesn't matter how much or how little a spell offers, especially when they initially announced it. Tactician's Roll doesn't offer much, but good CORs still use it at the start of fights (do you know how many CORs don't?).

Good GEOs will find a relevant use for it, if even minimal. I can tell you right now, there is very little use for many of the GEO-debuff spells they gave us, but we still have them. Indi-Gravity isn't the same as subduction, and I don't know what they were thinking giving us that.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-13 12:31:43  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Doesn't matter how much or how little a spell offers, especially when they initially announced it. Tactician's Roll doesn't offer much, but good CORs still use it at the start of fights (do you know how many CORs don't?).

11 with WKR ring is 40/tick, so 1 less than the OP Embrava offered. That's pretty significant, and still not worth using over another roll most of the time.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-13 12:41:40  
That's because its probably gonna be used before the fight begins. Or on weakened players who are waiting on unweak. Its situational. Just like most of the stuff in this game. Would never take the place of torpor/frailty/haste/fury, but for ranger's who are shooting from range and do not gain any benefit from Haste, and in some cases, where torpor is overkill, Entrust-Indi-Regain would be good for them. I'm already standing on RNGs and giving them Fury. The only halfway useful indi-spells for Rangers or Corsairs shooting at range is Indi-STR. It's limited what we can do to buff those jobs.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-13 12:52:23  
It should be limited, no one buffer should have all the buffs for every situation. Un-dispellable haste is already pushing the line of op, anyway, for a job that has so many other amazing buffs already.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-13 13:11:49  
But the Luopan can die, and does often. The MP cost is high, too. So its not undispellable, but they need to be reapplied often. In a sense, the GEO job is subject to the monster being fought. Not OP by any means. The MP cost and durability of the luopan balances it out.

I wouldn't even mention this if they didn't originally announce it.

Edit: and GEO does not have every buff or debuff. Cor has some specific abilities that are unique to the job. SMN as well.
[+]
 Asura.Kaoriasada
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kaoriasada 2014-12-13 13:21:52  
But the Luopan can die, and does often. The MP cost is high, too. So its not undispellable, but they need to be reapplied often. In a sense, the GEO job is subject to the monster being fought. Not OP by any means. The MP cost and durability of the luopan balances it out.

Edit: and GEO does not have every buff or debuff. Cor has some specific abilities that are unique to the job. SMN as well.

Luopan is squishy, but I like that it can take damage. A Luopan counts for the attacks like on AA EV, breath damage, and can be used to keep the tank from dying on the big damage attacked, sometimes in place of Scherzo too.
[+]
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2014-12-13 14:45:38  
Regain would be valuable for back line rangers

Indi-flurry please.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-13 15:02:18  
That spell would only devalue RDM in high-tier content. GEO/rdm get's the best of both worlds without replacing the job completely.
 Bahamut.Malothar
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-12-13 22:54:23  

MP cost is an issue if you're unsupported or fighting mobs that aren't Aspir-able. Outside of that, MP cost is far from balancing. Between Convert, Aspir, Ballads, self Refresh, idle Refresh sets, Radial Arcana, or even tossing up Indi-Refresh for a bit during/inbetween fights, MP is not an issue, even when you're having to recast a 300 MP (realistically it won't be this, with a decent Conserve MP set) Luopan every minute or two.

Geo is OP as hell compared to any other job in the game. Brd was considered OP when capped haste was a thing only possible with them. Now we've got capped haste and capped attack. Or 2.5x+ magical damage, or reducing a mob to 1 attack, or reducing a mob to -100 MAB, so on and so fourth. We don't need every buff. We've got more than enough to greatly alter the outcome of a battle as is.

FWIW though, I'd put money that we'll be seeing Regain come from Gifts. It's just the sort of spell that is, as SE put the point of Gifts, a bonus but not absolutely needed. They've said that we'll be seeing JAs and Spells from them eventually.
By Creecreelo 2014-12-14 00:07:06  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »

This so much! I've been wanting Indi-Regain so much just for prefights for AM, especially for Unity fights that break AM3... Hate how they get rid of Luopans and Indi spells too. My Entrust Indi's and Glory Luopans always weep when we start a new fight. :(

I agree with Mal though in that it'll likely (and hopefully!) be added with the upcoming Gift spells. These new spells likely won't be coming for like 5 years though, cause you know SE.
 Ragnarok.Garota
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2014-12-14 09:32:15  
I'd like to see them fix SCH's Adloquium first though... Right now, only COR has the advantage on giving a group a Regain buff. Would be damn nice to see GEO and SCH have a reasonable Regain added to their arsenal of buffs however.