Can't Get Credits On Trial 858 (Tuahjebat Trial)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Can't get credits on trial 858 (Tuahjebat trial)
Can't get credits on trial 858 (Tuahjebat trial)
 Sylph.Cyc
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Cycloptux
By Sylph.Cyc 2014-12-02 19:42:57  
I'm working on Tuahjebat with a friend, we're having some issues with trial 858 (pet deals finishing blow on 75 Aquans on earth day/weather), I asked a 3rd friend to help us on BST (Lulush still rocks for those trials) but Lulush kills weren't giving any credit on earthsday (couldn't check if this was happening with weather as well, because it didn't pop for 1 hour and we had to leave).
My friend then tried to swap to SMN, which resulted in him getting his credits, but I wasn't getting anything at all.
Any clue on what's happening? Is this some kind of bug, or am I missing something? Am I going to need to burn SMN to 99 for this trial?
[+]
 Shiva.Znitch
サーバ: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2014-12-02 19:49:25  
I was helping out a friend on some normal VNM-type trials and he wasn't receiving credit for the kills at all. He ended up having to cancel and restart the trial and then it worked fine. Sounds like a bug I think?
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-12-02 19:58:22  
Sounds like it has to be your pet that gets kill shot. Curious why you're making a pet PDT staff if you didn't already have SMN though.

Edit: NVM, I forgot about Geo Luopans -.-
 Sylph.Cyc
By Sylph.Cyc 2014-12-03 08:12:41  
Solved. My fault actually, missed a line on Wiki where it said that you need to have a pet out to get credits for those trials, even if it's not your pet's kill.
[+]
 Sylph.Wonderangel
By Sylph.Wonderangel 2014-12-03 08:16:26  
Np man.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-03 08:26:50  
I'll eventuaally need to do this trial on BST for my GEO as well. I'm dreading it. Hopefully I'll have an idris before then (lol).

Ended up just making an augmented Neheschtan with PDT Def+14 PDT-4%.
 Sylph.Cyc
By Sylph.Cyc 2014-12-05 11:15:01  
While I actually made a mistake not having my Luopan out while doing this trial, further tries showed that, even with a Luopan out, that trial isn't giving credits to us. My friend managed to complete the quest on SMN (and he wasn't killing, we still had a BST killing mobs), I'm now apparently forced to level SMN for this. I'm asking all the GEOs out there, did you manage to complete this quest on GEO in the past? I think they might have broken Luopans in some way, maybe when they changed Pet: equipment, as if they aren't considered pets during trials. I'll try reporting this behaviour eventually.
 Sylph.Leafe
user: Leafe
By Sylph.Leafe 2014-12-05 11:35:43  
Haven't tried this so I have absolutely no idea if it'll work, but have you tried going something like GEO/SMN, calling Carbuncle (or whichever avatar you prefer) and seeing if the kills count that way? It could be the game doesn't recognize Luopans as "pets" for the purpose of this trial for whatever reason. I know /SMN is far from a conventional subjob for GEO, but it might be easier on you than leveling/gearing the job outright if it does work.
 Sylph.Cyc
By Sylph.Cyc 2014-12-05 13:39:51  
I can and will do that, but it still seems strange that nobody ever said anything in this forum (and I see some people went through these trials on GEO), which makes me think it may be a bug that only recently appeared.