New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Sylph » Need some advice for getting into endgame
Need some advice for getting into endgame
 Sylph.Shirotori
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Shirotori 2014-11-23 21:43:47  
Hey guys. Recently started trying to get back into the endgame scene after an extended break. Come back to find several sets of gear in between myself and the current end game.

I've tried several Delves with my current ls but we've never actually won. I was usually just a straggler in a second party.

Does anyone have any advice on how to break into the Adoulin stuff?

115 COR atm if that means anything :\
 Sylph.Feary
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-11-23 22:09:48  
network and find better players.
[+]
 Sylph.Malphius
user: Malphius
By Sylph.Malphius 2014-11-23 23:38:35  
Have multiple gear sets. Maximize. Use common sense. Don't be annoying. If you say things like "gear doesn't matter" expect to keep rolling with the can't-beat-delve crowd.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-11-23 23:41:12  
I know you just came back recently but honestly there doesn't seem to be much of an endgame scene left on Sylph these days, man. I'm not even sure which endgame shells still run events or are recruiting. NU runs still but I'm not sure if we're looking for more members.

COR is a good start. If you can pair that with GEO, BRD, or WHM, you'll be able to make an immediate contribution endgame.
By Sylph.Pancakesandsx 2014-11-24 18:39:33  
I don't know a lot about cor, but I would suggest you focus on being able to contribute as support (buffs, /whm or /sch so you can help with debuff removal) while you build up gear to eventually contribute as a DD.

Gear wise, get eminent gear and 109 your AF and relic asap, use the highest ilevel weapons and ammo you can afford (accuracy is important, and the skill bonus on ilevel weapons is very important). Try and idle in ilevel gear for the defensive properties. Get the roll +5 ring from the AH or the +3 ring from sparks if you need something to hold you over.

Basically do what you can to make sure you're not being carried as dead weight. The rest is making sure you're mostly running with people who are willing to do the same. Definitely know where you can contribute and use that to talk your way into a party. Maybe you can't DD without the right gear, but you'd be effective in a mage party giving refresh, macc or fastcast rolls and helping with support, you just need to be able to do it, and convince people you're able to do it.

Also don't be afraid to bead some wins while you work on assembling a party and gear to be able to down things more efficiently.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-11-25 14:35:22  
Getting in on some Walk of Echoes during this campaign is a great way to make some money and get certain pieces of gear free (or cheap on AH).

Skirmish also makes a very good "stepping-stone" event that can get you nice pieces of gear that could last you a long time, or at least to hold you over til you're able to get something better.
By BlaTheTaru 2014-11-25 15:16:08  
Cor!!
Get your af to 109.
Start doing the celestial nexus until you get a Vanir gun, knife, and boots. This should also give you enough chapters to 119 both af and relic body. Next spam tenzen for leg papers since it's loleasy, and cor can be accommodated in a pt for this fight.

While doing this join any and all vw shouts on cor. Get to know people again and get your name out there as a cor. This will also help fund your upgrade items.

Start tojil runs even if you failga for a while. Free plasma is free plasma.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2014-11-25 15:19:39  
Get some merits and do celestial nexus fights, easy to kill on normal albeit the drop rate is lower. Both the knife and gun are great for cor. Get more merits for ark angel fights for chapters 6-10, any rng worth their weight can carry the fight with a cor just buffing and afking at the least