フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Idris Mythic Owners
Idris Mythic Owners
First Page 2 3 4
 Cerberus.Avalon
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-11-20 14:00:09  
Quick question: Are you satisfied with the club?

Obviously the stats for the 119 model are excellent, but I'm curious about the effort vs. final product comparison. I'm about 2 weeks away from my Nirvana and then I'm looking at either Yagrush or Idris, so I thought I'd try and get some feedback on this.

Thanks.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-11-20 14:40:12  
Ava idris is *** op as hell I assure you
[+]
By charlo999 2014-11-20 14:45:53  
Look a little down the node to the buff chart

Last box on right with idris, one before without but capped everywhere else.

That's a huge buff.
Also being able to cap out PDT for loupan with club and hands means you can max out PDT for yourself at the same time or even put on a better melee build while keeping your loupan capped.
DA/TA for TP and top skill for acc for flash nova spam.
Great magic Acc for debuffs.

IMO its one of the top mythics for what is brings to the table.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-11-20 15:11:36  
Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
Ava idris is *** op as hell I assure you

Yeah it really is.

charlo999 said: »
Look a little down the node to the buff chart

Last box on right with idris, one before without but capped everywhere else.

That's a huge buff.
Also being able to cap out PDT for loupan with club and hands means you can max out PDT for yourself at the same time or even put on a better melee build while keeping your loupan capped.
DA/TA for TP and top skill for acc for flash nova spam.
Great magic Acc for debuffs.

IMO its one of the top mythics for what is brings to the table.

Thanks, and yeah that's a solid reference guide for sure.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-11-20 15:19:31  
General consensus is that Idris Geo > Relic+Mythic+Empy Bard.
By Kooljack 2014-11-20 16:00:28  
I'm gonna go against the grain here just a little bit.

I am no doubt amazed by the creative and awesome ways geo has become universal in our endgame environment.

Comparing it to a yagrush is weak though and here is why:

_Indi-frailty which is your bread and butter only increases 4% with idris_ (this spell as a constant generally)

_Inid-haste is marginally useful in the first place_

_indi-precision's/indi-Torpor increase is decent increase with idris, but eh, negligible with proper gear I'd say_

_inti-str give's +10 of stat. also in the realm of marginal increase_

Zeroone: 9min songs that aren't affected by positioning is light years ahead of geo.

------

-In a meritpo/jobpo situation I would take Cor over Geo any day because of positioning reasons. Geo sucks here.
(I pop 45merits in 30mins in woh gates constantly((with double xp campaign atm)); i know what im talking about)

-----

_indi-fury&Inidi-Barrier is where idris makes some sizeable gains over it's counterpart.

That said if you have a large endgame link-shell that has constant alliance events to attend, you will be king daddy.

The weapon is good but in comparison to a yagrush or a carnwehan you've got to be joking to consider it over those. Go with yagrush hands down. delve parties are centered around a yagrush user; not a idris

---
inb4 grammar ***; bring contextual sustenance. stay classy ah.com
By Kooljack 2014-11-20 16:26:12  
I think the aura of being a mythical mage user is an awesome niche to be apart of. Geo gets to fit into that mitt nicely with it's mythic.

So if that's what you're going for but don't want the responsibility of keeping people alive or the fatigue of a bard, you can get away with not playing 'optimally', much more easily without people berating you're play as a geo.

yagrush/carnwehan is more for the leader position, where as geo. It has that mythical awesomeness aura going for it that lets you get away from responsibility and take bong rips while playing. if that's what you're going for then do idris.

In the end its what kind of style of play you're after i suppose. I'm more of, 'I wanna get S*** done' type, so that is why i highly rate yag over idris
By fractalvoid 2014-11-20 16:30:40  
Kooljack said: »
where as geo. has that mythical awesomeness aura going for it that lets you get away from responsibility and take bong rips while playing.

You can do that on any job really and do well if you're not completely incompetent. As far as everything else you said, I really have no idea what you're on about.
By Kooljack 2014-11-20 16:37:54  
fractalvoid said: »
As far as everything else you said, I really have no idea what you're on about.

4% fraility guyssss!!! it's game changing didn't u know!!
By fractalvoid 2014-11-20 16:39:09  
Go with yagrush hands down. delve parties are centered around a yagrush user; not a idris
k lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-11-20 16:41:09  
idris >>>>> yagrush

the only time carnwenhan even matters is if you're sleeping something or you suck at zerging and need an extra few min of sv
By Kooljack 2014-11-20 16:44:50  
fractalvoid said: »
k lol

lol k
By Kooljack 2014-11-20 16:46:23  
its about fatigue for the rest of the crap that you're not zerging

yes yes songs last long enough for individual fights. people hate playing whm and brd because their fatigue. yag doesn't do anything special zerg wise. same with carnwehan nothing zerg wise. I get it. the OG mythics are about longevity and ease of group formation.

whm and brd are boring, and having to recap songs every 4mins is annoying as hell. it's much easier to play these jobs having said weapons. if you can bear the pain for a few more runs everyone is better off. think long term and fatigue. now now now. comeat there is nothing you can't do. I get it. but most people need to understand ease of play for the long term. more yags in the community would help everyone much more then a few more idris.

Brd not only has to deal with *** *** song resings but when the whm doesn't have a yagrush it has to help with status ailments which contributes to the fatigue argument. where are the long term thinkers
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-11-20 16:58:35  
Dude buffs that can not be dispelled are light years ahead of dispel-able 9min songs.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Neboh
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-11-20 17:12:11  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Dude buffs that can not be dispelled are light years ahead of dispel-able 9min songs.
I just realized this. +1
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-20 17:12:34  
Jesus says Yagrush, but reason says Idris.

(also epic allitteration)
[+]
By charlo999 2014-11-20 17:15:52  
Sounds like you need to tell your other buffers to pull their fingers out their ***, if the whm is the only one casting -nas on 2-3 dds without yagrush.
By Kooljack 2014-11-20 17:21:36  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

loupan deaths account for just as many instances as there are mobs that constantly dispel

I admitted the weapon was good. but it doesn't help the ease of play as much as a yag, which is what thoughtful long term players consider

ease of play and fatigue has so much more value then a few percentage points of dps
By fractalvoid 2014-11-20 17:29:38  
It takes like 1second to cast geomancy and there are multiple tools to aid in luopon longetivity. Bard songs take much longer to recast and you need to do dummy songs as well.

Nobody said idris was game breaking but you seem to be overlooking the other bonuses it gives besides the geomancy+.

Edit: also what is this fatigue you keep referring to?
By charlo999 2014-11-20 17:33:25  
Also there's only 1 of 2 or 1 of 3 of the buffs geo has to keep up on a 1 sec recast that's luopan affected Vs 4-5 of the bard.

And I think he just means work load when it comes to yagrush.
But as ive said just split the duties among backline, then it adds nothing.
Idris adds DPS/survivability that cant be got elsewhere on the job.
 Asura.Fiv
サーバ: Asura
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-11-20 17:34:37  
Not only does Idris GEO make easy content even more laughable, but it makes unbeatable content manageable, just ask the people who have beat incursion 143, which is the max as it stands, they used multiple idris cycling bolster.

Edit: The difference between Idris GEO bolster and non-Idris GEO bolster using accuracy buffs is 100 accuracy.
[+]
By Kooljack 2014-11-20 17:41:49  
my point of view is fatigue of play is so much more valuable over new and shiney. If you want to go down that road; set you're bard up properly, it's casting time is also moot(1sec vs 2.5sec). I digress though, my main point reguarding the OP's questions was yagrush over idris. Yagrush full-fill's what I consider is most important in our game. longevity and fatigue
 Asura.Dakenx
user: Thebatman
By Asura.Dakenx 2014-11-20 17:42:55  
I'm so fatigued now after reading Kooljack's posts
[+]
By Kooljack 2014-11-20 17:45:45  
Asura.Dakenx said: »

so says the person without a whm or brd
 Asura.Dakenx
user: Thebatman
By Asura.Dakenx 2014-11-20 17:46:45  
Asura.Dakenx said: »

so says the person without a whm or brd
My alt has WHM & BRD
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-20 17:47:47  
Fatigue means tiredness over time, in that case stronger buffs make fights shorter.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-11-20 17:48:38  
Personally i will build an yagrush in the future, and thats prior to considering idris, but thats because im not a good whm and i dont use a whm bot.

Being realistic, yagrush wont increase your performance. An excellent whm player or a bot can perform as good as a similar whm with yagrush by using accession wisely, by having multiples sets to reduce the max your recast time, so allowing fast cast of nas.

Idris on the other side, will increase your actual performance. The idris geo buffs will be stronger than a non idris, nothing will eclipse that.

But everyone should know their own flaws, and see where a gear is more suitable. As a player who uses whm manually, my gear is far from perfect, i dont use timer plugins or others, so im basically blind most status debuffs my party has if i miss the move text, or if i dont know what that move can inflict, or if move cast multiples debuffs. In those cases, 2 stratagems is very unreliable, and invariable for me my party will have some secs afflicted by debuff till my recast is ready to land a na. An yagrush could make this process a lot easier for me, and if that wont make my performance so better if i had build an idris geo, at least, will make my game easier, and cover a bit of my flaws. For that, i decided yagrush is more valuable for me.
[+]
 Asura.Fiv
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-11-20 17:49:32  
Yagrush is awesome, nobody can argue against that really, but some of the best WHMs i know don't have a yagrush, lets not pretend its ever essential, it just makes the job easier/lazier, it doesn't allow WHM to do something it couldn't do before, it just makes them do there job quicker.

Idris on the other hand provides buff potency not achievable, it does more for the job then any other mythic does for any other mage job.
[+]
By Nyruul 2014-11-20 17:51:04  
Pantafernando said: »
i dont use timer plugins or others, so im basically blind most status debuffs my party has if i miss the move text

one word
masochism

Edit:

Asura.Fiv said: »
Idris on the other hand provides buff potency not achievable, it does more for the job then any other mythic does for any other mage job

its the anni/youchi of geo
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-11-20 17:52:43  
Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Quick question: Are you satisfied with the club?

Obviously the stats for the 119 model are excellent, but I'm curious about the effort vs. final product comparison. I'm about 2 weeks away from my Nirvana and then I'm looking at either Yagrush or Idris, so I thought I'd try and get some feedback on this.

Thanks.

Mythics are more work (easy work, but still lots of work and things to do)to make than Ergons. Ergons are more expensive.

Yag is useful in different ways than Idris so they're a little hard to compare. I'm assuming that since you're considering a Yag, you play whm a decent amount, and have a general idea of how useful it'd be.

That being said Idris are rare and pretty stupidly OP right now. If you have the resources to make one you're probably better off doing that, unless you really, really like whm. A good geo is pretty versatile with what they can do, our LS doesn't bring scholars to stun stuff anymore (outside of maybe Incursion) as a Geo is capable of solo stunning Delve. As /rdm or /whm they can offer a fair amount of support. (Unless they're lazy ***!). With an Idris you'd be pretty much set for endgame, any smart LS would snap that up in heartbeat.

Not sure what's always up with the geo vs brd thing, as ideally in a big alliance you'd bring both, they complement each other pretty well. However, a geo can replace a brd in a pinch, outside of a few situations where multiple or unique brd buffs are mandatory (think scherzo and preludes), or maybe when MP is going to be a big issue, or maybe if you're running around a lot and people aren't staying grouped up.

From my understanding it takes a looooooooong time to get to legendary in all the coalitions, if you're serious about both jobs and have the resources(mostly gil) it can't hurt to work on them both at the same time, it's not like they compete with each other in terms of objectives.

I have 99 R/E/M on brd and honestly at this point in the game I'd make an Idris over those, just because it seems like so many people have 3-4 song brds and Carn isn't all that unique or special, all it allows you to do is be lazier with songs, or extend SV/CC if it's actually needed. I wouldn't pick it over my Yag though, but that's just me as whm's been my main/favorite job since 2005 or so >_>
[+]
First Page 2 3 4