A Prime Example Of Rad Parenting

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » A Prime Example of Rad Parenting
A Prime Example of Rad Parenting
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 17 18 19
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-21 17:29:16  
Jetackuu said: »
Asura.Karbuncle said: »
The correlation for the "bad parenting" bit is that they want to censor things instead of actually parenting their children, they want the world to conform to them.

That makes sense. If we can expect and teach kids the difference between a Cartoon evil maniac and real life, it should stand to reason we can teach them the difference between a TV-Show maniac and real life.

Understanding the difference between fiction and reality is a fundamental aspect of a well rounded individual, unfortunately a lot of people cannot, or chose not to.

I saw that, while realizing that a good portion of the people who still probably visit this site blur those lines at times...

Blurring is fine, as long as you can stay grounded in reality though.

understanding the difference?

Growing up as a little kid i didn't realize that ppl were stupid enough to think that stuff on tv was real/realistic.

How did we reach the point where a lot of kids think it must be real?
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-21 17:31:32  
By Jetackuu 2014-10-21 17:35:34  
I think you misunderstand when I use the phrase "a lot" I don't mean the majority.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-21 17:46:36  
i know what you meant. Just making a point the ppl are stupid. And parents would rather *** about products instead of being real parents.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-21 17:49:37  
indeed

edit: btw, page 9!!!

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Bloodrose 2014-10-21 23:28:08  
I'm surprised no one invoked "Mothers Against Canada" memes from the South Park Movie.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-21 23:34:39  
 Valefor.Applebottoms
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2014-10-21 23:43:03  
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-10-22 08:51:05  
She won.

Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition

Quote:
On Monday, Bryan Cranston, the actor who played White, responded to the controversy, tweeting, "I'm so mad. I am burning my Florida mom action figure in protest."
 Fenrir.Squintik
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Squintik
By Fenrir.Squintik 2014-10-22 09:12:21  
Mattel should come out with a range of Meth Dealing Florida Mom action figures.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Heimdel 2014-10-22 09:50:02  
Imagine if she saw some the anime figurines sold..
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-10-22 09:51:51  
Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
TRU's lost my business, then.

they'll survive without you.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-22 09:52:31  
The free market has spoken and private industry has made a decision based on the freedoms we hold so dear. Whats there to *** about?

TRU lost your business? You aren't the 7-12 year old demographic they covet so nothing of value was lost here. I'll continue to not give a *** about TRU and buy my items online like people living in the 21st century. Retail outlets? Ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-22 09:54:31  
Heimdel said: »
Queen's Blade Revoltech, Figma, SH FiguArts... Need I say anymore? Someone needs to drag that *** into a dark alley and dispense some vigilante justice to her.

The fascist has shown his true form.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-22 09:57:09  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Queen's Blade Revoltech, Figma, SH FiguArts... Need I say anymore? Someone needs to drag that *** into a dark alley and dispense some vigilante justice to her.

I'm more surpised at this comment because he's usually all anti-gun as all it does is make it easier to kill everyone and we shouldn't have em but now he's promoting "vigilante justice" in a dark alley because someone expressed an opinion lol...
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-10-22 09:57:21  
TRU will hemorrhage money and sales because of the decision to pull just one line off the shelves while leaving other questionable figures on their shelves.

no they won't.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-22 09:57:36  
Siren.Mosin said: »

They may, and I'm just one lost customer. One lost repeat customer. Now, take that one lost customer and times that by at least a thousand others or better. TRU will hemorrhage money and sales because of the decision to pull just one line off the shelves while leaving other questionable figures on their shelves.
Doubtful.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-22 10:04:45  
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

I'm more surpised at this comment because he's usually all anti-gun as all it does is make it easier to kill everyone and we shouldn't have em but now he's promoting "vigilante justice" in a dark alley because someone expressed an opinion lol...
Beating her barehanded isn't the same as shooting her in the head, m8. Your jimmies are obviously rustled.
So you're not against violence... you're just against gun violence?
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-10-22 10:06:37  
TRU will hemorrhage money and sales because of the decision to pull just one line off the shelves while leaving other questionable figures on their shelves.

no they won't.

One does not know the true ultimate power of the Toys 'R Us logo appearing! It's almost as intense as simply passing the toy aisle at Target, if not more!

Yeah...This thread was pretty moronic from the get-go, but now...

EDIT: Great detective work, Lye!

Lye said: »
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-22 10:08:52  

They may, and I'm just one lost customer. One lost repeat customer. Now, take that one lost customer and times that by at least a thousand others or better. TRU will hemorrhage money and sales because of the decision to pull just one line off the shelves while leaving other questionable figures on their shelves.
Doubtful.
Calling it doubtful when you've been presented with an article underscoring slumping sales? Eeyeah... Let's just see where this goes from here.
Think about it this way... Management at Toys R Us has a much better idea of what their sales are like and who their consumer is. Based on their own projections they made a decision to take the product off their shelves as the proper course of action for their busines... You can bet that they don't really care about what the mom thinks until they feel it will affect their bottom line.

So yes, it is doubtful.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-22 10:10:51  

Beating her barehanded isn't the same as shooting her in the head, m8. Your jimmies are obviously rustled.
So you're not against violence... you're just against gun violence?
And that Florida mother isn't against violence either, she's just against drug-related violence. See the double-standard she's now presenting to her special snowflake by forcing the rest of the world to conform to her views?
Are you serious?

By that, i don't know if I can even call it logic, you would be saying that you yourself are trying to force the rest of the world to conform to your views by saying guns should be taken away from civilians...

See the double standard?

Edit: way to avoid the question too lol...
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 17 18 19