Shadow Lord II Strat

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » NMs » shadow lord II strat
shadow lord II strat
By devasbismarck 2014-10-04 15:37:37  
Can anyone tell me their experiences with this please? As it is one of the least popular ones i havent seen much info.
 Cerberus.Leauce
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Leauce
By Cerberus.Leauce 2014-10-04 16:08:04  
sam/nin, sam/nin, mnk/nin, brd/nin, whm, whm; win on difficult.

shadowlord has 2 forms, first form dd's just keep shadows up and fight through his phases. he switches from physical to magic immunity so sams w/ mura i was told are good. (when i did it neither sam had mura).
second form he spams an aoe, whms spam curaga, dd's go to town w/ 1hrs.

when i did it i thought it was on normal mode, afterword pt leader said it was on difficult. seemed pretty easy so im thinking VD wouldnt be too much harder w/ high end sams.

if you are spamming this fight, idk how easy this would be for the 2nd form w/o dd 1hrs. we took him down quick w/ our sams.

good luck.
By devasbismarck 2014-10-04 16:30:46  
Ok, how did you get around the physical immunity?
By Davorin 2014-10-04 16:32:35  
Formless Strikes, probably.
 Asura.Fiv
サーバ: Asura
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-10-04 16:35:46  
MNK uses formless strikes. Did this pretty easily with my mule MNK/NIN, WHM/SCH, BRD/WHM on difficult, the trick is to keep the whm and brd in curaga range but not too close to eat one of the aoe tp moves thats absorbed by shadows, i don't recall what that range is, maybe like 5-10. The second form is just curaga spam then.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-10-04 16:42:31  
This fight is really easy, just sub ninja on the DD and a WHM for curaga on 2nd phase. I trio it on Difficult with BLU/NIN, BRD, WHM.
By devasbismarck 2014-10-04 16:46:11  
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
This fight is really easy, just sub ninja on the DD and a WHM for curaga on 2nd phase. I trio it on Difficult with BLU/NIN, BRD, WHM.

What about his evasion and def? what sort of att and acc numbers are needed?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-10-04 17:37:22  
Something I'd wondered about this fight, in the 2nd form does the AoE hit everyone or just the front line? Would you need to keep the BRD and WHM with the DD so everyone gets hit with Curaga?
 Asura.Fiv
サーバ: Asura
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-10-04 17:48:06  
Yes it hits everyone, i had the WHM and BRD stand between 5-10 the entire fight cause i wasn't sure but i think the only bad move thats absorbed by shadows is in the first form anyway, but for the 2nd form its easier to just stand together and curaga.

As for accuracy i can't say, not changing my mule to mnk to check but i know i only had 1 madrigal, no geo, and no cor, probably used sushi, and had 95% accuracy on difficult in my woh accuracy set.

Edit: this thread has more details http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/44106/shadow-lord-phantom-gem/
 Cerberus.Leauce
user: Leauce
By Cerberus.Leauce 2014-10-04 19:02:45  
devasbismarck said: »
Ok, how did you get around the physical immunity?

mnk formless strikes the first time he popped phys immunnity, from then on, we just kept hitting for 0s til he changed to magic immunity.
i dont think you have to deal dmg to him to force him to change immunities. least from what i can tell.

and yeah i remember the whms standing near the dds on the 2nd form to curaga.

for acc/atk no.s i used the 115 oat GK for part of the fight so i musta been around 850acc. missed quite a bit, switched to amano for 2nd part of fight proly boosted me up to like 910acc and didnt miss then.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2014-10-04 19:45:05  
Ad damage immunity: Physical immunity starts when Damning Edict is used and lasts for exactly one minute. Swath of Silence ends physical immunity and starts a magical immunity phase. Probably lasting until the next Damning Edict, but I'm not sure about that part.

Ad Curaga: The 2nd form does magic damage, likely dark-based, within 30 yalms; I think it's 30. If you hit 3 or more people with Curaga III, you usually end up casting it for free with Orison +2 or Sifahir. Bowels of Agony's range is shorter than 10 yalms, so you can stand anywhere between 8 yalms and 10 yalms to your nearest DD and Curaga the ***out of him.

Shameless self-advertising, showing how easy it is even with gimplets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_TpwtjD64c
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-10-04 19:59:48  
Can confirm the dark based damage as I have went Rune Fencer to this and triple Lux mitigated the Implosion damage to almost nothing.