users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Pet: Augments
Pet: Augments
 Ragnarok.Garota
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2014-09-25 01:01:53  
Just curious as to what you guys all think about Pet: Augments from common and nontraditional augmentable gear.

As we all know, the final reward from A Moogle Kupo d'Etat makes a good choice for Pet: Damage Taken-10% and Pet: Regen+1.

There's also the ever so popular Tuahjebat which can be augmented with Pet: Physical Damage Taken-13% via a series of Magian Trials leading up to Trial 3504.

Recently, Incursion has improved the various JSE Capes by adding some remarkable and potential augments to each cape. GEO's Lifestream Cape can receive up to Pet: Damage Taken-5%.

I don't have much experience playing in Alluvion Skirmish, but while researching the event, I stumbled upon the Nehushtan and its possible Pet: Augments. This club sparked my interest and was curious whether anybody actually used this club at all. I was not able to find any details or discussion revolving this weapon in the GEO forums. Nevertheless, from the looks of it, Nehushtan can receive a number of possible good Pet: Augments such as Pet: Physical Damage Taken or Pet: Regen when using any of the Leaforb Stones, +1, or +2, in combination with Pet: Defense, Pet: Evasion, or Pet: Magic Evasion when using Snoworb Stones , +1, or +2.

This one may not be a very popular at all, but via Synergy, Dalmatica and Dalmatica +1 can potentially receive Pet: Magic Defense Bonus with Aquarian Tatters .

Because I also play Summoner, I used to do the mission Those Who Lurk in the Shadows III on a regular basis. It can be repeated once a day and upon completing that mission, you were rewarded with a key item named Ivory Key. You simply go to the coffer in the Tenshodo and try your luck for VARIOUS Pet: Augmented Earrings. Since I started playing GEO, I've been wearing my Topaz Earring whenever idling with my Luopan out because it has an augment of HP+13 DEF+4 and Pet: DEF+3. I never truly knew whether or not it's a good option, but it just feel's like a comfortable slot to put it in.

So yeah, that's been bugging me for a while now, and I was wondering if anybody else was tracking Pet: Augments as well. I might try to compile many other pieces of gear here (old and new) since items with Augments will not necessarily show up in FFXIAH's Power Search.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Tummie
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Tummie
By Lakshmi.Tummie 2014-09-25 15:23:53  
If I recall, Luopans have -50% DT by default, so you will only need -37.5 to cap.

So basically you can cap out with Tuahjebat, selenian cap, geomancy mitaines, with the last % to reach the cap coming from either Augments on the Skirmish Club, augmented Incursion JSE cape, or Dunna which has -5% DT on it.

Most people usually don't want to give up refresh slots (weapon and head) for a Luopan DT build, but I think that you could always macro in your DT set for AoE TP moves/spells by the mob and then switch back to the refresh set.
 Asura.Failaras
サーバ: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-09-25 15:38:12  
I mean how often are you really using your Luopan but not standing in range with the need for your own DT? Things like Selenian Cap don't feel right to me, it's so much of a PDT/VIT/DEF loss for some Luopan DT. With just Dunna, Relic 119 Hands, Tuahjebat, and Lifestream you can get 34%~, I'd be interested in seeing if you could cap PDT while using all of that too.

The only time I could imagine using Luopan and not worrying about myself is AAs really.

Right now I mix in Relic 119 Hands and Dunna with my PDT set, and since I use Shadow Mantle I could totally use Lifestream, the hard part would be losing Terras.
 Phoenix.Phaeon
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Phaeon
By Phoenix.Phaeon 2014-09-26 09:01:57  
Asura.Failaras said: »
With just Dunna, Relic 119 Hands, Tuahjebat, and Lifestream you can get 34%~, I'd be interested in seeing if you could cap PDT while using all of that too.
isa belt gets you an extra 3, as well as 10 evasion and a point of regen for fun. I can't think of another belt that would be significantly better for a -dt build, but it's possible I haven't looked hard enough.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-09-26 13:37:43  
Yeah I think the belt suggested for DT sets is Lieutenants Sash and that thing can be a pain to get anyways, along with not being that good. I tried merging the pet PDT and PDT sets together but without 5 PDT Hagondes augments it just seems too low. You can easily fit Isa Belt, 119 Hands, Dunna, and Lifestream Cape in the set but losing Terra's Staff just messes everything up.
By gargurty 2014-09-26 14:06:22  
thats what i use too: belt head hands dunna. works pretty well.
would shine with the ergon :)
 Bahamut.Malothar
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-09-27 05:47:47  
It's worth noting that Isa Belt does not work for Luopans.
[+]
By Crevox 2014-09-27 05:49:24  

That makes me wonder if it's just broken in general

No, that can't be true, because I know for a fact the regen works on my avatars. Weird that it doesn't work on luopans.
By gargurty 2014-09-27 07:00:19  
Sad to hear that but atleast i have inventory +1 then. Dmn geo uses allot of gear :(
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-09-27 10:07:19  
Wow I had no idea, that does suck.
 Ragnarok.Garota
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2014-10-03 08:51:03  
Wow, that's a real bummer. I was really hoping Isa Belt would be a good piece of gear for GEO.
By Chimerawizard 2014-10-03 13:29:38  
gargurty said: »
Sad to hear that but atleast i have inventory +1 then. Dmn geo uses allot of gear :(
Bug report submitted, can't have someone getting +1 inventory.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Cheweh
user: cheweh
By Ragnarok.Cheweh 2014-10-04 11:54:49  
Does this mean Tuahjebat doesn't work either since it's technically not an augment.
By Heimdel 2014-10-06 07:42:32  
for what it matters I have 50 pdt 24 mdt with 15-20 mdb. Also have 26 dmg for lupon with 4 regen. If I need to I can switch fro moogle head to a a diff head with def mdb 2 pdt 2 mdt.
By Crevox 2014-10-10 06:44:25  
There you go, Isa Belt bug accepted:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/forums/469-Accepted-Bugs

I made a new topic because the other one got moved to "Insufficient Information."
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
By Pantafernando 2014-11-10 03:28:22  

From current update page:

Rsolved issue:

The issue wherein the "Pet:" effects ofaugments would not apply to luopans.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/44943
[+]