"c" Rating And 373 Cap On Geo And Handbell Skills

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » "c" rating and 373 cap on geo and handbell skills
"c" rating and 373 cap on geo and handbell skills
 Odin.Kazander
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: kazalthor
By Odin.Kazander 2014-09-19 13:02:51  
has anyone gotten a reason why geomancy is a "c" on geomancer?
or handbell for that matter.
does blue have a "c" rating for blu magic ?
does smn have "c" rating for smn ?

no so why does geo have a low end cap on geo magic skill
 Siren.Sieha
サーバ: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-09-19 13:03:49  
Its a combined skill like, Singing and Wind/String skills.

edit: also to end the hell that is skill up sooner.
[+]
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-09-19 13:07:53  
They stack so its actually 746 skill for the spells.
 Odin.Kazander
By Odin.Kazander 2014-09-19 13:09:40  
ive never played brd, so didnt know that, so just so im less anoying later, how come the combine skills are less shouldnt geomancy be a top skill for a geomancer?
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-09-19 13:26:41  
With stacking skills like Geo/Handbell and Singing and String/Wind with both they are pretty much like A+ skills.
 Bismarck.Inference
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-09-19 13:31:47  
Could have given you two A's instead of two C's, at the end of the day it doesn't really matter. They chose to make BRD that way for whatever reason and I'm sure they just copied that onto GEO because why fix what isn't broken?

Also like Sieha said it helps you cap your GEO skills without being totally suicidal.
 Siren.Sieha
サーバ: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-09-19 16:56:38  
More specifically, both skills combine together to get the total potency. If you only level one of them then you will only have half the potency and macc (if it applies). It was done for brd since there are 2 different types of instruments which skill works differently.

I guess they figure geo's use a bell so its like an instrument so lets split it up. Sinec geo effects arent based on acc there is no worry about the lower skill level. Brds dont worry either since you get macc from both skills.
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-09-19 17:08:26  
They probably also expected the lower skill to dumb down the potency of indi spells so it wasn't too strong as a sub.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2014-09-19 17:32:30  
Skill levels in this game are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Throwing skill on RDM.
Too many combat skills on too many jobs to be of any use.

Rank E Parrying on DRK despite its final JT's being tactical parry. . .
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-09-19 17:35:35  
Throwing skill on rdm?! What about throwing skill on PUP. At least you could theoretically use throwing skill on rdm(not that you would.) but pup's ranged slots should always be taken up by animators/oils why do we have the ability to throw?! Wee they going to let us throw our animators?! Were they going to make throwing skill somehow effect how our maneuvers function?! TELL ME SE!
[+]
 Asura.Isiolia
サーバ: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2014-09-19 17:42:12  
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
They probably also expected the lower skill to dumb down the potency of indi spells so it wasn't too strong as a sub.

That's my general impression with this, and BRD. COR is similarly restricted when subbed as well (one roll, reduced potency, etc).
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-09-19 17:48:18  
The one roll thing carries onto brd and geo as well since singing only allows for 1 song and geo sub doesn't get geo- spells (or am I wrong on that?)

Point is, it is partially a way to balance out their use as subs as if they had full potency of those buffs they'd be far too popular and possibly required maybe even(and this is still a long shot) make it pointless to use a party slot on a main of that job rather than just have a Mage sub it and fill the a lot with an extra DD or tank.
 Asura.Isiolia
サーバ: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2014-09-19 18:06:39  
Geo- spells require a handbell, so yeah, /GEO only gets Indi- spells, much like a /BRD only gets one song due to no instrument.

Both are actually less than half potency since they'd lack the song/geomancy bonuses that those weapons would have too.

I agree, they don't want these jobs as standard subs, edging the main job versions out. They're severely weakened as a sub for that reason. Maybe it's not the only reason for the dual skill system, but certainly a reason for it.
 Odin.Kazander
By Odin.Kazander 2014-09-19 20:58:07  
ask and you will receive, thanks all.