Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 110 111 112
 Fenrir.Sathicus
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-05-10 16:15:53  
Yeah the no MEVA or MDB kills it. In EXTREME situations where you wanted resist and full DT and stuff, if this had MEVA/MDB you could make an argument, but since it doesn't ... lol.

That said, even if it had nominal 119 values, I still probably wouldn't use it. Would need to be pretty high values to warrant using over a ~35-45% DT- set using sulevia +2 and stuff. Outside of extreme DT- scenarios sulevia+2 allows you to maintain high DA/TA and sTP without any sacrifice for DRG because of wyvern haste.
 Leviathan.Sidra
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-05-10 17:43:34  
My Hybrid DT set currently is 4/5 Sulevia, with Sulevia Ring and Defending Ring. My feet are an old pair of Acro Leggings with Haste+3% Dex+9, Acc+25 that I use because I can't stand being under on gear haste even though I am aware it's unneccessary /sam with capped magic haste.

Swapping in just the head (yay for 7% haste)and feet will increase my DT in those slots from 5 > 12, keep gear haste, and give me 120 TP for every 1k AOE damage which should at least lead to some TP overflow. I think it's well worth the trade-off of 2 MDB, some Magic Evasion, and some Attack.

Overall, as a new set, though - extremely niche and lackluster. Sometimes you win some, sometimes you lose some.
 Sylph.Braden
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2017-05-10 18:25:28  
Think the worst thing about it is that every job except WAR/PLD/DRG (and DRK because DT+) got an amazing set for magic evasion. Our best combination hovers around 400 with pieces like Founder's, AF+3, Tartarus/Dagon, etc. The NQ Kendatsuba set for MNK/SAM/NIN has 536 total. Woof.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-05-10 20:48:52  
Leviathan.Sidra said: »
My Hybrid DT set currently is 4/5 Sulevia, with Sulevia Ring and Defending Ring. My feet are an old pair of Acro Leggings with Haste+3% Dex+9, Acc+25 that I use because I can't stand being under on gear haste even though I am aware it's unneccessary /sam with capped magic haste.

Swapping in just the head (yay for 7% haste)and feet will increase my DT in those slots from 5 > 12, keep gear haste, and give me 120 TP for every 1k AOE damage which should at least lead to some TP overflow. I think it's well worth the trade-off of 2 MDB, some Magic Evasion, and some Attack.

Overall, as a new set, though - extremely niche and lackluster. Sometimes you win some, sometimes you lose some.

That doesn't sound like a hybrid DT set, that sounds like an "oh ***" DT set.

Hybrid is like 20~40% without giving up x-hit build or any noticeable amount of DA/TA.
Code
--------------------------------- 10stp + 61stp = 71stp ---- PDT-34
sets.engaged.DTLow = {
    ammo="Ginsen",	-- 3stp
    head="Sulevia's Mask +1", -- DT-5 8stp
    body={ name="Valorous Mail", augments={'Accuracy+28','"Store TP"+8','Attack+2',}},-- pdt-2 11stp
    hands={ name="Emi. Gauntlets +1", augments={'HP+65','DEX+12','Accuracy+20',}}, -- 7stp
    legs="Sulev. Cuisses +2", -- DT-7
    feet={ name="Valorous Greaves", augments={'Accuracy+25 Attack+25','"Store TP"+7','STR+2','Accuracy+10','Attack+15',}}, -- 12 stp
    neck="Twilight Torque", -- DT -5
    waist="Ioskeha Belt",
    left_ear="Sherida Earring", -- 5 stp
    right_ear="Telos Earring", -- 5 stp
    left_ring="Defending Ring", -- DT-10
    right_ring="Patricius Ring", -- PDT -5
    back={ name="Brigantia's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+7','"Store TP"+10',}}, -- 10 stp
}	

I have a DTHigh."level of ACC mode here" set that is more similar to your hybrid set. You may want to look into making at least 1 more tier of DT-.

Sylph.Braden said: »
Think the worst thing about it is that every job except WAR/PLD/DRG (and DRK because DT+) got an amazing set for magic evasion. Our best combination hovers around 400 with pieces like Founder's, AF+3, Tartarus/Dagon, etc. The NQ Kendatsuba set for MNK/SAM/NIN has 536 total. Woof.

Super Jump: The true MEVA set.
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-05-13 18:21:10  
I am at the high end of your range, it's still a hybrid set, and the set still has plenty of offensive stats. That's what's kind of nice about Suelvia's. I maintain about 85% of my output. I prolly just prefer it a bit more conservative than you. I also have a max DT/regen set for emergency tanking.
By Ruaumoko 2017-05-26 14:49:33  
YouTube Video Placeholder

Neak can be three-manned by a Trishula DRG and two support jobs, the rest can be trust NPCs.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-26 15:27:33  

Well it's how SE is with Heavy DD's. They normally have sets with low magic evasion / magic defense but high offensive and high physical defense stats. SAM just kinda lucked out by being on the NIN/PUP Oriental Gear. Rua's done some really silly ***with the Arke gear and Regal Gloves.
By Ruaumoko 2017-05-26 15:36:11  
Yeah you don't see it in that video but Neak giving me 350-400 TP per Meteor he hits me with is pretty hilarious.

...Don't use Regal Gloves on Selkit though.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-26 16:04:05  
*Splat*
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2017-05-26 17:18:54  
Asura.Saevel said: »
SAM just kinda lucked out by being on the NIN/PUP Oriental Gear.

In before sam tanking LOL :P
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-27 21:14:56  
Asura.Lordoftheseven said: »
SAM just kinda lucked out by being on the NIN/PUP Oriental Gear.

In before sam tanking LOL :P

More like "please god let the WHM get their cure off before this big thing makes me a greasy red smear on the ground".
 Bismarck.Darcain
サーバ: Bismarck
user: darcaine
By Bismarck.Darcain 2017-05-28 10:26:17  
Spread sheet is showing no effect when equipping moonshade earring for Camlan's Torment. Is this correct?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-28 10:27:51  
Bismarck.Darcain said: »
Spread sheet is showing no effect when equipping moonshade earring for Camlan's Torment. Is this correct?

CT only gains more Defense Ignored from TP so if your already at attack cap for whatever reason then it won't raise your damage.
 Bismarck.Darcain
サーバ: Bismarck
user: darcaine
By Bismarck.Darcain 2017-05-28 11:18:57  
Bismarck.Darcain said: »

CT only gains more Defense Ignored from TP so if your already at attack cap for whatever reason then it won't raise your damage.

Thanks! Now I see that if I change mob to a harder mob it does make a difference
 Leviathan.Louisoix
user: Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2017-05-30 08:32:38  
So i finally got around to starting drg cp farm. and i'm spamming diver on bats(dont have camlanns to make lights) was curious what augs to shoot for on valorous gear for tp or ws. I have suv+2 hands/feet(made for my pld) i have plenty of stones and can farm plenty more. so hit me with tp augs and ws augs for diver on valorous. hey thanks!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-30 09:35:49  
Leviathan.Louisoix said: »
So i finally got around to starting drg cp farm. and i'm spamming diver on bats(dont have camlanns to make lights) was curious what augs to shoot for on valorous gear for tp or ws. I have suv+2 hands/feet(made for my pld) i have plenty of stones and can farm plenty more. so hit me with tp augs and ws augs for diver on valorous. hey thanks!

Firstly, STOP, and go get all your Weapon Skills. Seriously they are important to have because Skillchains are super useful and you often need a linker to connect them.

Now after you got that and I'm assuming a decent TP/WS setup, you can team up with another DD and some support for really amazing CP. If you absolutely refuse to play with other people in a Multi-Player game, then you should be at least doing a basic three step SC.

Stardiver -> Sonic Thrust -> Stardiver.
[+]
 Leviathan.Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2017-05-30 11:45:12  
well i did stop on drg, the cp return is just pathetic. on thf i was blowing through bats doing darkness. Once i get calmanns it will be something like this i think. diver > wheeling . calmanns . calmanns.

its just easier to solo since i have 2 alts activated atm due to campaign. would still like some viable sets. Which augs to go for on valor for tp drg and ws drg. i have plenty of each slot besides hands on that set.
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-05-30 12:12:27  
ItemSet 351590
Rhompaia Path B
Mantle is STR/ACC/ATT/DA (DEX is situationally better)

ItemSet 351591
Rhompaia Path B
Mantle is STR/ACC/ATT/DA

ItemSet 351592
Rhompaia Path B
WSDMG+5, ACC/ATT+20 and some STR on Valourous
Mantle is STR/ACC/ATT/WSDMG

Certainly not optimal, but it allowed me to solo (with trusts) Apex Bats in 1-2 5 step skill chains.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-30 12:15:00  
Leviathan.Louisoix said: »
Once i get calmanns it will be something like this i think. diver > wheeling . calmanns . calmanns.

It would be

Drakes -> Stardiver -> Calmanns -> Drakes -> Calmanns

The darkness varient is usually better through.

You are extremely nerfing your CP gain by doing it they way you are. Last night me and my group got ~275 CP in 75 minutes with me being at 1000CP. Our setup was

THF (me)
WAR
BRD (Pulling / Sleeping)
GEO (WHM's mule)
WHM
COR (WAR's mule)

The SC was Upheaval -> Evisceration -> King's Justice -> Mandalic, was dead 95% of the time but if it wasn't then the WAR would finish with Ukko's. Fights were ~20s or so and we were hitting 65K CP per kill at chain 13 and chains would last till 38~40. I've done this a variety of ways, including on DRG (it's how I mastered it) and it's always super fast.
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-06-03 06:26:47  
Has anyone augmented the 4 non head pieces of Acro gears for Elemental Breath Swaps? I am at the point where I am really tinkering around the edges on my DRG and am considering this for added DPS. I think my current non Escha breaths are 833. If I am at 1.31 now (+9 Updraft + Ptero +1 head) and assuming for cost purposes I stopped at 6+, I'd prolly average 7 or so. 1.31 > 1.59, so it's be a 21% gain so the 833, unresisted, would be about 1,007. And actually slightly less as I don't have Glassblower's Belt or Lancer's torque included as I use them now, but am not exactly sure how much they add.

For screen space, I don't even have Scoreboard show enough players that Lady even makes it on unless I am solo. But seeing her do 30 dps when I do 2k isn't particularly motivating. The game has really changed from old 75 cap days to where she was actually a portion of your damage, to now her damage is irrelevant but you need to keep her alive or your own dps goes to the shitter. But damage is damage, and if you told me I am going to add 170 damage to my own weaponskills and it was feasible, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

1.) Is my napkin math correct? Doesn't need to be perfect but I am good with ballpark accuracy

2.) As of now, I am leaning toward doing it. If you think it's a bad idea, talk me out of it.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-06-03 11:29:50  
The current DRG spreadsheet has a section for breath gear/dmg.

Going by the spreadsheet, Max JP, max param bonus breaths with Ptero+1 head + Updraft(+9) +glassblower+lancer neck would be.. exactly as you stated. 833.

4/4 breath+6 acro: 1017
4/4 breath+8 acro: 1078
4/4 breath+8 acro+ breath+10 updraft:1086

Personally I have 4.4. breath+8 acro, and +10 updraft. I also took my acro a step further and did pet Macc augs.(Snow orb iirc) Less resists is nice. Goes up to +25 pet macc, so +100 macc for all 4 pieces.

It's not a huge gain, but this is effectively and extra 200 ws dmg. Personally, I'd go for it.
 Asura.Azeran
user: Azeran
By Asura.Azeran 2017-06-04 03:32:01  
As far as gear goes, should I be focusing maxing stp, or more for multi hit. I sit at around 1440 attack in to but suggestions have Been trishula and a 4 hit build. Also, can anyone give some input on pros and cons of relic empyrean and aeonic. Mythic is cool and all, but already in the process of building my second mythic and another sounds purely dreadful. I was leaning towards empyrean because the number of drgs on asura are minimal, and even less went rhongo, so I was hoping on some pros and cons side by side.
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-06-04 09:35:16  
Situational like all things FFXI, but here's a rundown:

Gungnir: Excels when other weapons would be below about 80% hit rate, but starts falling behind as you approach 95%. Geirskogul is great if you really want a 2-step Darkness with a Gravitation WS like Blade: Ten, Leaden Salute, or that one Polearm thing, but it's not very strong on its own. The most straightforward and well-rounded option, and the cheapest of the non-Aeonics.

Ryunohige: Always wins when using Drakesbane primarily and generally wins when your multihits without AM3 are below 50%-ish (Fighter's Roll is usually the difference maker). Best for Spirit Surge and generally the best when opening or continuing SCs. Prettiest.

Rhongomiant: Extremely reliant on AM3 white damage with next to nothing else going for it, but the effect is so strong it actually manages to keep up with and occasionally surpass its competition. Best in situations where you're generally saving or losing TP more than spamming WS. 50 VIT just might save your life one day. Be the first!

Trishula: The best weapon for our best WS, and not just for spamming. Extending Darkness is huge, assuming Darkness/Umbra damage is worthwhile or possible. Lackluster raw damage when not using fTP-scaling WS. Radiance on Camlann's is a pain to repeat in a group and potentially worse than having stronger Camlanns/Drakesbanes with double Light. Generally best for closing SCs. I strongly advise making one if you've got Aeonic access.
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-06-04 10:31:01  
Depending on your end goal, Gungnir and Rhongomiant are best served with 5 hit, max OAT builds. Ryu and Trish work best with 4 hit builds.
 Leviathan.Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2017-06-07 04:12:02  
in that tp set you posted youre using af3 body +1 for tp gain. What if i got a valorous body with stp 8 aug on it. would that be better than the af3, if acc is a none issue?
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-06-07 07:42:20  
Probably, but barely, depending on other augments.
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-06-10 08:32:32  
I am not at all a fan of Sulevia's legs for TP. It makes gear haste cap a big challenge (Cheriche's build uses a haste Grip to compensate), and it actually has less OAT than Valorous. My Valorous legs have an augment of 4 DA which isn't even perfect, and 7 DA > 4 TA (6.5DA). Valorous Feet also net another haste from the feet slot, and you can get DA and STP while also getting the increased crit damage. Can then swap strap to Bloodrain Grip, and augment your Valorous Body with Double Attack.

In general, anyone building a DRG probably doesn't want to rely on their Grip for either Haste or, more commonly, STP. Utu Grip is the single best DPS increaser piece DRG has access to, and it's relatively easy to get. So even if someone doesn't have it yet, they will get it, so might as well plan for it being there. Here is my current 5 hit:

ItemSet 351840

Back: Double Attack
Valorous Legs: Vit+3, Acc+29, Att+10, DA+4
Valorous Feet: Str+12, Acc+20, Att+20, DA+3

Upgrades working on:
-Attempting to get my *** moving on getting a Valorous Body
-failing over and over trying to make an Iosekha+1
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-06-10 08:41:45  
Nah, the Gracile Grip is in that set because it's what I currently have. Also, the ACC is nice.

Because of Hasso and Wyverns, you really only ever need 17-18 gear haste to reach cap.

I'm more or less trading 15 ACC for 1.5% DA and 2 STR by not chasing perfect non-DM Valorous Augments.
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-06-10 08:55:22  
I understand that with /SAM and capped magic haste, gear haste cap is not needed, but I am not a fan of building that way for 2 reasons,

A) If any of the hastes drop temporarily you take a big hit.

B) It assumes /SAM and subjob is situational. SAM is the overall best if you had to play the same one all of the time, but there are many situations where /WAR is a superior subjob and you don't have the extra 10% from Hasso.

I'd imagine you tend to agree, or you wouldn't be using the Grip :)

You are just comparing the legs, but if you also put in a Bloodrain, you remove 6 of the ACC loss, and get in 6 STP which frees up other gear options. I posted my augments above, they are far from perfect.
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-06-10 09:25:12  
I haven't been in a situation where I'd prefer having berserk, tbh.

If I'm soloing, which is what I'm doing rather often, I prefer capping haste and skill chaining things to death. If heavy physical damage is likely to happen, SETE is a godsend.

If I expect to take a ton of magic damage from a predictable element, I'll sub RUN.

Bloodrain is a 4 ACC loss and the 6 STP doesn't have a noticeable effect on my TP gain. Like, 0.08 fTP on Stardiver Negligible.

EDIT: Wait, 4 TA > 7 DA, even before accounting for decreasing returns on DA.

At best, nonDM Valorous Hose can have equal MA, until decreasing returns are accounted for.
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 110 111 112