Archeage Anyone?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » Archeage anyone?
Archeage anyone?
 Valefor.Ivaan
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2014-09-02 14:07:38  
Ive been following this game for a while and wondering what other peoples thought are / whether they will be playing the game.

Also, i am going to post a link to my future guilds website in the game in case anyone is looking for a good home lol !

http://luxtelluris.enjin.com/
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2014-09-02 14:23:23  
Bought the Archeon pack and played all betas. Many things to do and concept is great. But keep in mind it failed in Russia and Korea. By fail I mean is not even in the tope 10 MMO's.

The real problem is its like paying a Farmville. $15 dollars to own land, farm or make a house. You do trade runs for gold and gilda. You use these to buy things.

Problem is it is so PvP, all you have to look forward to is farming your farm, or killing a PvP, and maybe get nothing or one trade pact out of it if they are carrying one.

Also their are many things on alpha we played with that wont be released for four to six months after release of game in two weeks.

It can be a PvP sandbox dreamland, but it has nothing for casuals. PvE is almost non existent. And it is very group based in game. So most westerners who want to solo or do things by themselves, this game won't be for them.

It does have cool things like gliding, scuba diving, farming, building, and killing noobs or other gildes vs guilds. But I don't see how they can handle long term. They didn't survive well for this factor in Korea or Russia. So I don't expect it to attract a great crowd and keep it in the west. But it can be fun for short term.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dijana
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dijana
By Quetzalcoatl.Dijana 2014-09-02 15:33:18  
I was playing in alpha, skipped out on beta so I didnt burn myself out. I really enjoyed it, a lot of the systems in the korean and russian versions have been changed to suit the western audience more, less micro transactions. Yeah you do have to pay to own land (more specifically, you have to have a subscription), BUT you have family settings and only one person needs to have the sub and they can share the house and give full priviledges to anyone set as family.

The 4-6 month wait for auroria continent and stuff is justified (although I don't think it needs THAT long) to give people an equal chance to get there and claim land. In alpha there were a couple massive zerg guilds, I think one had something crazy like 1000 people, it was pretty clear what would happen at launch. Those guys would just rush and claim all the castle land and smaller/more casual guilds would miss out.

I'm looking forward to launch, kind of annoyed headstart is the same week as the free ffxi login since I was planning to go back to that. Not sure which server I'll be on though, just gonna try to claim the name I want on the first server I can, since in alpha the same person apparently claimed it on both servers but didn't actually play with those characters.
By kasain 2014-09-02 16:28:32  
Quetzalcoatl.Dijana said: »
I was playing in alpha, skipped out on beta so I didnt burn myself out. I really enjoyed it, a lot of the systems in the korean and russian versions have been changed to suit the western audience more, less micro transactions. Yeah you do have to pay to own land (more specifically, you have to have a subscription), BUT you have family settings and only one person needs to have the sub and they can share the house and give full priviledges to anyone set as family.

The 4-6 month wait for auroria continent and stuff is justified (although I don't think it needs THAT long) to give people an equal chance to get there and claim land. In alpha there were a couple massive zerg guilds, I think one had something crazy like 1000 people, it was pretty clear what would happen at launch. Those guys would just rush and claim all the castle land and smaller/more casual guilds would miss out.

I'm looking forward to launch, kind of annoyed headstart is the same week as the free ffxi login since I was planning to go back to that. Not sure which server I'll be on though, just gonna try to claim the name I want on the first server I can, since in alpha the same person apparently claimed it on both servers but didn't actually play with those characters.

I am in the same boat as you. I know I must play AA to at least get and own land. But FFXI has three old blu spells, seven new ones, JP points form BCNMs, and I need a lot and that one new event SOA. This will be tough.
 Siren.Calnus
サーバ: Siren
user: Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2014-09-04 20:28:20  
The open beta started today! I recorded a series of videos split up into 13 parts so far that explain the game in pretty great detail from my experiences during the past few months in Alpha!

YouTube Video Placeholder

(The video is probably still optimizing and rendering on YouTube's end so try the link below until this works above)

URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhjF1prReNo
Parts 1-6 are currently uploaded so far in a playlist and I will be adding them over the next few days.

Also @Valefor.Ivaan, which server you playing on? You already join a guild and were you on Alpha?
 Valefor.Ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2014-09-07 21:58:39  
Siren.Calnus said: »
The open beta started today! I recorded a series of videos split up into 13 parts so far that explain the game in pretty great detail from my experiences during the past few months in Alpha!

YouTube Video Placeholder

(The video is probably still optimizing and rendering on YouTube's end so try the link below until this works above)

URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhjF1prReNo
Parts 1-6 are currently uploaded so far in a playlist and I will be adding them over the next few days.

Also @Valefor.Ivaan, which server you playing on? You already join a guild and were you on Alpha?

I will probably be playing on kyrios and joining iron forged order they seem like really cool peeps

I also went to the other continent, and managed to make allies with opposite faction lol was hard since their ingame chat looks foreign, you cant understand them until you learn their language which is interesting. I managed to get on a vociechat with some of them though. Had to kill many of their people to get to that point but o it was such an adventure lol so much fun exploring over their with oppossing people.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dijana
By Quetzalcoatl.Dijana 2014-09-15 20:30:34  
So did anyone get in head start? Im Shade on Aranzeb server, east side. Thinking I might make a nuian on another server too
 Valefor.Ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2014-09-15 21:09:14  
I did, its been a hell of a weekend. Massive ques, alot of d/cing and having to wait hours in que again, plus they were hacked lol.

Its incredibly fun but their has alot of complaint bc even excluding que's head start was cut like a day for everyone bc of the issues theyve had.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dijana
By Quetzalcoatl.Dijana 2014-09-16 02:57:18  
Whats funny is with all the complaints, I've only had to wait in a queue once and only for a few minutes, I havent dc'd once.

Of course I didnt play more than a couple hours at a time and I am on NA servers from Aus so maybe I was playing during off peak hours
 Asura.Escorian
サーバ: Asura
user: Escorian
By Asura.Escorian 2014-09-17 19:09:27  
Yeah so this game is gonna crash hard if this is actually how its gonna stay....

Valefor.Ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2014-09-18 22:18:43  
Asura.Escorian said: »
Yeah so this game is gonna crash hard if this is actually how its gonna stay....

This is the problem right now and from what it sounds like the fixes they r making by slowly increasing server pop isnt going to fix it anytime soon ><
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-18 23:42:27  
Ragnarok.Presidentobama said: »
Bought the Archeon pack and played all betas. Many things to do and concept is great. But keep in mind it failed in Russia and Korea. By fail I mean is not even in the tope 10 MMO's.

The real problem is its like paying a Farmville. $15 dollars to own land, farm or make a house. You do trade runs for gold and gilda. You use these to buy things.

Problem is it is so PvP, all you have to look forward to is farming your farm, or killing a PvP, and maybe get nothing or one trade pact out of it if they are carrying one.

Also their are many things on alpha we played with that wont be released for four to six months after release of game in two weeks.

It can be a PvP sandbox dreamland, but it has nothing for casuals. PvE is almost non existent. And it is very group based in game. So most westerners who want to solo or do things by themselves, this game won't be for them.

It does have cool things like gliding, scuba diving, farming, building, and killing noobs or other gildes vs guilds. But I don't see how they can handle long term. They didn't survive well for this factor in Korea or Russia. So I don't expect it to attract a great crowd and keep it in the west. But it can be fun for short term.

Not top 10 mmo isn't equal to "fail" - -
 Valefor.Ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2014-09-19 16:41:12  
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Ragnarok.Presidentobama said: »

Not top 10 mmo isn't equal to "fail" - -

This bold statement is a very good part of why i enjoy the game. Granted, I am not the same gamer i was 10 years ago, i cannot stay awake til 3 am everyday, save exact times for raid 5 nights a week, BUT going back to more oldschool roots is an aspect that is very enjoyable.

The way my guild works (that is, if we are even on because of the que's) we are US / Australian so we have a good amount of people on at all times so this works well.

Also note i am not discrediting you in any way. The fact that it isnt for casuals and/or free to play people is part of the problem too i think, no one wants to log off bc they wont get their labor. There are many other reasons too.

EDIT TLR w/e lol: the game is amazing if you can actually play it, but the suffering most of the would be core player base has caused alot of concerns and complaint, all of which are viable, none of which are being / can be solved quickly.

This is a good example of where being proactive outweighs being reactive lmao.