User_does_not_exist

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Help » User_does_not_exist
User_does_not_exist
By Pantafernando 2014-08-15 12:38:43  
What does mean when we check a user profile and we are directed to main page with the message of User_does_not_exist?
I mean, this user has an avatar, has a username and has a record of posts, and its above 100.
Im asking because this person posted a screenshot that is being heavily questioned, and if its a false info, it can lead to lots of players wasting lots of gil. The main argument people have been using that the info is false is based in that User_does_not_exist.
So, we should have clarified if that avatar is a temporary dummy used to troll or a real player.
In case that User_does_not_exist is a troll, those posts should be deleted to avoid misleading.

The situation happened here:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/44146/eudaemon-alluvion-skirmishes/2/
[+]
 Fenrir.Moldtech
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2014-08-15 12:45:03  
So you say the new +4 instrument is a fraud?
 Asura.Trixta
サーバ: Asura
user: Trixtaar
By Asura.Trixta 2014-08-15 12:51:55  
Fenrir.Moldtech said: »
So you say the new +4 instrument is a fraud?

No thats what this thread is for.. to try and find out if its fraud or not.
 Leviathan.Redherring
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Redherring 2014-08-15 12:56:04  
http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Leviathan/Mckeag
 Carbuncle.Skudo
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2014-08-15 12:58:55  
Meh. "You need at least one verified character to post."

Observation: That person somehow managed to sneak in a blank in their name, as can be seen in the URI to their profile.

I can actually do that, too. I created a dummy user "Herpderp " and the URI to the profile is the same. However, if you go to the profile, ffxiah.com will tell you the user does not exist.

I'll provide links to screenshots showing that in a sec. Dinner rq.

tl;dr: That user most likely exists and is real.

/edit: Screenshot!
[+]
 Fenrir.Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2014-08-15 12:58:56  

What am I supposed to be looking at exactly? A fishing rod?
 Quetzalcoatl.Farkle
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Aasa
By Quetzalcoatl.Farkle 2014-08-15 13:28:21  
Witch hunt!
 Fenrir.Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2014-08-15 14:07:56  
Eh, I think I call BS on it. Dudes trolling imo.
By Pantafernando 2014-08-15 14:18:28  
Mckeag previous post doesnt show a trolling behaviour.

As skudo showed, you can make your link direct you to void, why that person did this, idk, but the argument people have been saying to 'prove' that +3 song augment is fake so far arent correct:

- pic is a photoshop because of position of letters: someone did that work and the text doesnt show any sign of being false. At least, is a photoshop of high level, what seems unlikely from a troll,

- suspicious avatar: the person exist, and his previous posts seems normal. Why he would just start trolling out of nowhere here? Idk.

So far, what i can say is, there is still a possibility of the +3 song augment to be real.

Anyone who says its fake, dont have enough evidence to say that, and is denying a screenshot, that normally is a enough proff for anything.

But would be nice if mckeag come here to defend himself against the trolling accusation.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-08-15 14:25:13  
i don't think mckeag is capable of adjusting the item data to fake it nor do i think he has any reason to(no it isn't photoshopped, the picture is exactly what it would be if it was real)

suck it up, gjall still has a shitton more m.acc no need to get your panties all wadded up
 Leviathan.Redherring
By Leviathan.Redherring 2014-08-15 16:22:13  
Yeah I know mckeag in game it doesn't seem like his behavior also the photobucket shows a taru which I don't recall him having.

Was same avatar pic but not like the pic is unique.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-08-15 16:33:28  
it is the same account, he's pmed me on it before
 Carbuncle.Skudo
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2014-08-15 16:38:16  
Pantafernando said: »
you can make your link direct you to void, why that person did this, idk

That might have been accidental; sorry for making it sound like a sophisticated "exploit". All you need to do to generate such an account is to add one or more blanks to your username when you can choose one. Trailing whitespace (not sure about leading) apparently is not removed.