users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Update to Absorb Spells
Update to Absorb Spells
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-08-02 11:03:54  
Samurai is back in it's rightful place, may it's reign last for years once again, or until servers shut, which ever comes first.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-08-02 11:18:52  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
The bandwagon has arrived
when you compare the damage between the 2 weapons there's no contest, choosing the best option and choosing the most popular option just happen to coincide in this case

particularly so because OP stated their desire to solo/play with mules, liberator won't even remotely compare to koga for multiboxing delve or anything difficult

i can get behind making a weapon because you love the job, but the thread asked about reasons to/not to do it and there's precious little argument in favor of making one besides completionism/drk obsession/whatever non-tangible reason you want to give
I see you have brd lv'd, all those relics/emps, but no harp/horn; can at least follow your own advice if you're gonna spit it out
[+]
 Leviathan.Redherring
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Redherring 2014-08-02 11:30:36  
when you compare the damage between the 2 weapons there's no contest, choosing the best option and choosing the most popular option just happen to coincide in this case

particularly so because OP stated their desire to solo/play with mules, liberator won't even remotely compare to koga for multiboxing delve or anything difficult

i can get behind making a weapon because you love the job, but the thread asked about reasons to/not to do it and there's precious little argument in favor of making one besides completionism/drk obsession/whatever non-tangible reason you want to give
I see you have brd lv'd, all those relics/emps, but no harp/horn; can at least follow your own advice if you're gonna spit it out

Comeatmebro I'm sure has at least one character with relic/empy 4 song bard.
 Bismarck.Hayleywilliams
サーバ: Bismarck
user: daNpwr
By Bismarck.Hayleywilliams 2014-08-02 11:31:52  
Are you gonna stay the night?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-08-02 11:32:39  
Leviathan.Redherring said: »

Comeatmebro I'm sure has at least one character with relic/empy 4 song bard.
Needs 4 chars duh
By Fafnir 2014-08-11 07:03:52  
I can't see how the casting time reduction makes the use of absorb spells any more practical, and this is especially true for Liberator. Riding AM3 actually means you have disincentive to use any spells besides the initial Dark seal + Nether voided STR or Acc before engaging.

Edit: I haven't done too much in terms of zerging, but Liberator has surpassed Ragnarok in the same situations I've used them. If DRK has anything going for it in zergs with a SAM, it's that an effective use of SPs usually results in a reliable amount of damage, where as a SAM might get unlucky with Yaegasumi, (Wopket starts casting Stone V....endlessly, or Kamlanaut starts spamming spells)
By Highwynd 2014-08-11 07:45:06  
Quote:
"Creates the illusion one is not trying to over compensate for their lack of endowment in real life by instantly one shotting any foe."

SAM needs nothing, they have far too many tools already.
[+]