users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Bazaar/Wanted: World Transfer Icon
Bazaar/Wanted: World Transfer Icon
 Valefor.Jennyc
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Kittyn
By Valefor.Jennyc 2008-06-27 21:52:40  
How about making a little World Transfer Icon by people's bazaar/wanted list so you know whether they're willing to transfer the item to your server or not and maybe show the fee too. Works sort of like shipping prices on eBay. Like +1m if they're willing to switch servers for that much.
 Garuda.Littledarc
サーバ: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2008-07-01 17:41:11  
i doubt anyone would. then they would be away from their server/friends for 3 months. no thanks.
 Unicorn.Claquesous
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Claquesous 2008-07-02 13:49:32  
In some ways this is an RMT transaction because someone has to pay real life money to transfer the character back and forth. This came up in an interview I saw somewhere with SE, and I vaguely remember the answer being that you can't charge a premium to change servers and the move has to be of the player's own free will. In any case, it's a grey area so I doubt this site would support it.
 Valefor.Jennyc
サーバ: Valefor
user: Kittyn
By Valefor.Jennyc 2008-07-11 18:18:37  
Littledarc said:
i doubt anyone would. then they would be away from their server/friends for 3 months. no thanks.

Umm... that's why you use a mule?

Claquesous said:
In some ways this is an RMT transaction because someone has to pay real life money to transfer the character back and forth. This came up in an interview I saw somewhere with SE, and I vaguely remember the answer being that you can't charge a premium to change servers and the move has to be of the player's own free will. In any case, it's a grey area so I doubt this site would support it.

Well it's not much more grey area than this site. If that is the policy than better to give it a different name like Item Handling Fee
 Fenrir.Maiev
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Maiev
By Fenrir.Maiev 2008-07-12 03:34:49  
Meh, just write it in your custom comment :x Chances are they will visit their profile anyway!

I've had people ask b4 via PM regarding item transfers haha, but of course they are doing it. I'm jus trading the item when I see gil in it.