言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Adoulin » Outer Ra'kaznar Skirmish Setup
Outer Ra'kaznar Skirmish Setup
By Pantafernando 2014-07-29 10:34:06  
Asura.Tamoa said: »
I'm perfectly aware that Dia is magic damage. AND a debuff. And seeing as I have been told so many different things regarding Ballistic Kick triggering, the debuff part was what made most sense to me.

Doesnt make for me as i strictly just use shijin, unless plague effect just dont stick. In fact, aside shijin, i npdont debuff ironclad. Next time i will try a paralyze to check it so.
 Asura.Tamoa
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2014-07-29 10:59:51  

No magic, but Shijin Spiral was used. Did Ballistic Kick. Sorry about the messy cropping, just wanted to include everything from the previous mob we killed up until kick was used.
By Sieha1 2014-07-29 11:13:48  
The last time I did it, every time you kill the nms they get stronger and access to more tp moves. normal mobs did not display this. Usually would bring a sch for stun lock and nuking but never say the coffer get more stars.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-29 11:18:12  
Asura.Tamoa said: »

No magic, but Shijin Spiral was used. Did Ballistic Kick. Sorry about the messy cropping, just wanted to include everything from the previous mob we killed up until kick was used.

If youre still at that, try without shijin and without slashing dmg. If no skillchain happened, i just can think of maybe dealing diferent kinds of dmg is the trigger?
Im positive shijin only dont trigger ballistic. That mean, full fight just with blunt dmg.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-29 11:36:09  
Asura.Ccl said: »
We use 3 melee whm brd and w/e isn't in melee range cause well we don't like 1 whm for 4 melee.

1 BRD 1 WHM 4 melee* which is perfectly fine.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-07-29 11:38:25  
Um.... the SAM definitely self-Light skillchained regardless if the chat log showed it or not, Skillchains count as magic damage.

:15 - Fudo
:19 - Fudo
:19 - Readies Ballistic

Seems pretty open and shut unless he whiffed the second Fudo... perfect separation for a skillchain and 2x Fudo is light. Plus I do recall reading that Magic Damage can trigger Ballistic on BG wiki back when the Skirmish first came out and the testing was being done...

Edit: The SAM was you! Did you whiff the second Fudo or did you self light >_>?
By Pantafernando 2014-07-29 11:50:16  
Asura.Karbuncle said: »
Um.... the SAM definitely self-Light skillchained regardless if the chat log showed it or not, Skillchains count as magic damage.

:15 - Fudo
:19 - Fudo
:19 - Readies Ballistic

Seems pretty open and shut unless he whiffed the second Fudo... perfect separation for a skillchain and 2x Fudo is light. Plus I do recall reading that Magic Damage can trigger Ballistic on BG wiki back when the Skirmish first came out and the testing was being done...

Edit: The SAM was you! Did you whiff the second Fudo or did you self light >_>?

Actually, everything in that screenshot skillchain (fudo, victory smite, shijin). But as no skillchain dmg appeared in chatlog, i just can guess or they timed to ws at same time or they are just lucky.

Or maybe you are filtering skillchain dmg?
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2014-07-29 12:11:09  
Ha, good point, I'm so used to never seeing skillchain damage that I forget it's there. I blink so my own doesn't show up in chat log, and I have other people's damage filtered out.

For now I'm going to assume Ballistic Kick can be triggered by both magic damage and debuffs, including additional effect from weaponskills. I think I might have to go whm on my next run, so I can do some testing myself.

I know there's most likely some info on this on BG, but whenever I try to find info on something specific there, all the relevant threads seem littered with irrelevant posts and I just don't want to have to read through page upon page of nonsense.

Edit: I did 2-3 runs with a couple of JPs that yelled "NO WS, NO WS" and then one of them wanted one mnk and one sam to skillchain. Didn't actually get to see how that would have worked since the mnk's English is horrible so he didn't understand, and the sam died (not me) and stuff just unravelled from there. :/