言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » macc skill or plain macc
macc skill or plain macc
By gargurty 2014-07-28 02:04:00  
Ok im in a dillema, what is better?
a magicacc skill 217 + macc 15 or maccskill 177 + macc 30.
And what is better to look for maccskill or macc?
I use this for hq nukes and sticking enfeebles.
 Bahamut.Malothar
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-07-28 03:03:20  
As far as we know, they're the exact same thing. The MAcc skill is named such only to follow the pattern of ilvl weapon +skills not stacking with the offhand.

Go with the first option.
By FaeQueenCory 2014-07-28 05:50:37  
The magic accuracy skill found on iLv weapons acts the same as the "fake" skill found on that weapon. Simply put: it is that amount added to each and every of your magic skills.

That being said, like normal +X skill, it is NOT a 1:1 translation when calculating Macc.
And given how needlessly complicated the Macc formula is... And what with the fact that there are multiple tiers to skill translations (eg sometimes 1 skill is 1 Macc, other tiers it's 0.8, and even higher might be 0.9!)... There isn't a real X:1 translation.

However for simple "which is better" quick evaluations... Just multiply the fake skill by 0.9 (cause no matter the tier level you use, that should be about the average Macc increase... Give or take a bit) and then add the hard Macc.
For your example, the 119 has more Macc. ~210 vs Baqil's ~189.
It's not much of a difference, but that's because, as has always been, hard Macc provides higher Macc than derived from skill.
 Bahamut.Malothar
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-07-28 17:32:22  
FaeQueenCory said: »
That being said, like normal +X skill, it is NOT a 1:1 translation when calculating Macc.

Have a link to the testing with thousands of casts to prove this?

We won't know one way or another until either said testing is done, or they add your base +MAcc to /checkparam, which they mentioned they may do, they just couldn't go into detail due to Int/Mnd/Chr calculations, and MAcc varying due to different skill. Wish they'd do it sooner rather than later so we could be sure on the +magic acc skill, as well as Indi-Focus, and how severe -MAcc debuffs are.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Conagh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-07-28 20:30:56  
Bahamut.Malothar said: »

Have a link to the testing with thousands of casts to prove this?

We won't know one way or another until either said testing is done, or they add your base +MAcc to /checkparam, which they mentioned they may do, they just couldn't go into detail due to Int/Mnd/Chr calculations, and MAcc varying due to different skill. Wish they'd do it sooner rather than later so we could be sure on the +magic acc skill, as well as Indi-Focus, and how severe -MAcc debuffs are.

Here's a link that doesn't support the old notion that skill ~ 0.9 if you are over 200 skill ( the old soft cap ) and actually was confirmed by another user to verify the results.

1 Macc ~ 1 Skill ~
http://robonosto.blogspot.co.uk/2008/12/give-me-data-or-give-me.html
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-07-28 20:35:35  
The magic accuracy skill found on iLv weapons acts the same as the "fake" skill found on that weapon. Simply put: it is that amount added to each and every of your magic skills.

And given how needlessly complicated the Macc formula is... And what with the fact that there are multiple tiers to skill translations (eg sometimes 1 skill is 1 Macc, other tiers it's 0.8, and even higher might be 0.9!)... There isn't a real X:1 translation.

However for simple "which is better" quick evaluations... Just multiply the fake skill by 0.9 (cause no matter the tier level you use, that should be about the average Macc increase... Give or take a bit) and then add the hard Macc.
For your example, the 119 has more Macc. ~210 vs Baqil's ~189.
It's not much of a difference, but that's because, as has always been, hard Macc provides higher Macc than derived from skill.

As fun as it is being told something with no evidence, thanks for at least trying to be constructive, but in future it's advisable to provide data or a link to a place where you obtained your data from to back up your stance, as you posted something which was stating a fact this puts the onus upon yourself to provide data or empirical evidence to support your statement which you have failed to do thus far.

Personally, I prefer Magic Accuracy solely due to the limitations in calculating how skill ~ macc ratio works and whether there is a soft cap on NM's because if there is a cap, and it scales down to 1 skill ~ 0.9 macc then the Macc would win out in either instance.

You have also made a statement about this concept of Hard Magic Acc, I would like to know where you sourced this information from that Magic Accuracy Skill on weapons is not equal to or as good as Normal Macc provided by Normal Skill. It's a rather ambiguous statement and all your comments seem to rely on "it's always been this way", well testing in 2009 as per the 5 links on BG wiki show this is clearly not the case, you appears to 5 years out of touch.

To clarify my point, I'm not saying that 1 skill ~ 1 Magic Accuracy I am saying that with the evidence and testing available at this time, it is indicative of it being equal and as the site I provided shows all the data, and math used to calculate this, it has not only provided hard empirical testing data, but also allows you to error check the math provided.

I now await your rebuttal and evidence there of in support, until then your argument is moot.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-07-28 20:47:19  
gargurty said: »
Ok im in a dillema, what is better?
a magicacc skill 217 + macc 15 or maccskill 177 + macc 30.
And what is better to look for maccskill or macc?
I use this for hq nukes and sticking enfeebles.

May I suggest farming a Lehbrailg +2, it has 224 ~(I think) Magic Accuracy Skill than both and can be augmented cheaply for another 13~27 Magic Accuracy.

Rala Waterways easy to duo or solo with trusts for a Lebrailg NQ - if you've done Yorcia Skirmish you should have a KI, and the new skirmish drops this fairly frequently and bags you some nice gil.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-28 20:52:07  
Dont even need to do yorcia. Can trade 1 rakaznar wing for yorcia ki, saving you one run.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By gargurty 2014-07-29 06:56:34  
might give it a shot, right now i use baqil staff with +30 macc
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-07-29 11:03:13  
Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
I now await your rebuttal and evidence there of in support, until then your argument is moot.
what a nice world you must live in, believing this theoretically lol

"I have responded. until you respond back everything previously stated is meaningless; that's how potent my opinion is."

It was more a sarcastic jibe awaiting a response :-P

FIGURED I'D ADD SOME CLASS TO THE THREAD!

In all honesty, if they want to make a statement, back it up, otherwise its garbage. Same as every thing a politician says, until he makes true on promises or provides evidence he is / has done something its pure *** and if everyone thought this way, my god how things would change.

I would actually like to see something proving me wrong, because then I would have something to look into and might provide me with areas to improve my sets, I'd hate to be using incorrect information to make perfect sets as this would defeat the very purpose!
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-07-29 11:04:58  
gargurty said: »
might give it a shot, right now i use baqil staff with +30 macc

thats combined 207 skill assuming I'm right and around 205 skill if Fay Queen is right, Lehbrailg +2 no augs wins.