[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-24 23:43:48  
Asura.Deadwing said: »
When trying to interrupt your own spells, displacement is what counts not motion (so don't run in circles)

/heal works well for longer casting spells as well.
[+]
 Sylph.Feary
サーバ: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-07-25 01:15:14  
Hello Mister/Miss WHM,

There is a JA i will like you to know about. Its called Divine Caress. it works wonders against enfeebles debuffs when paired with Accesion.

so for example, when our favorite Delve lizard pieste uses a ability/spell that will paralyze,
Just use Divine Caress > Accession > Paralyna on the DDs and watch the same ability/spell enfeeble have no effect!

since you quickly removed it with accesion and gave a resistance, no more will you spam/bitched at for not removing status effects.

more time for that erase, haste and hp cures!
[+]
 Fenrir.Mariane
サーバ: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-07-25 01:26:07  
When trying to interrupt your own spells, displacement is what counts not motion (so don't run in circles)

Just type /heal or press * and the spell you're casting is canceled instantly. Like "magic" ...

O_O
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2014-07-25 02:35:25  
Small "trick" I used to get some newer players their beaded shark clear:

Brought only 2 DDs (MNK/RUN and WAR) but also 2 WHMs. Thus the WHMs can focus hard on 1 DD and make sure he stays alive and have enough HP for Tidal Guillotine. This has a much higher chance of success than the "normal" 3 DD 1 WHM thing I seen people try to pull off on Shark when they are in no way experienced in Delve. If you bead NMs, you should use the gained time to add a fail-safe like this and not add more DD that will die to AoE Spam anyway.
[+]
 Leviathan.Fosco
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Fosco
By Leviathan.Fosco 2014-07-25 08:25:22  
ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Regular wiki is also waaaaay better when I need ads with autoplaying videos.
Ad Block Plus is your friend.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-07-25 12:56:53  
Leviathan.Fosco said: »

lolwork
 Leviathan.Fosco
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Fosco
By Leviathan.Fosco 2014-07-25 13:37:04  
Leviathan.Fosco said: »

lolwork
jk!
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2014-07-25 14:01:31  
Edit: Better tip below from Tiger ! - or not ! Wildly discussed !
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-07-25 14:03:02  
There actually is an easy way. Ask him for your weapon back/tell him you want to cancel. You'll get a confirmation "Do you really want your Radiant Lance back?" then you just hit no lol
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-07-25 14:17:32  
Someone in my LS just finished his Mythic and he had no idea which one it was because he turned the original in so long ago.
 Valefor.Philemon
サーバ: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2014-07-25 14:44:23  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
There actually is an easy way. Ask him for your weapon back/tell him you want to cancel. You'll get a confirmation "Do you really want your Radiant Lance back?" then you just hit no lol
You sure about that? I thought the dialogue didn't tell you what weapon you had stored until actually take the weapon back.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-07-25 15:05:47  
I'm fairly certain because I was going to abandon w/e weapon I started on and start fresh until I realized I did turn in the correct weapon, at which point I continued and finished.
By Sieha1 2014-07-25 16:26:27  
Valefor.Lisamarie said: »
Pantafernando said: »
Kids

http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Main_Page

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Are your best friends forever.

Everytime you start a new job, check

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/forum/83/jobs/

The first stickied will provide basic and advanced info.

In doubts,

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/29127/random-question-thread-ffxi-related/

Will aid you evrytime you need.

If you want to check it out the latest info

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/118737-Dev-Tracker-Discussion

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112776-Dev-Tracker-Findings-Posts-(NO-DISCUSSION)

And lastly, anyone can be as good as they want to be if they read and experiment. Info is around there, helpful people is around there, you dont need a dubious thread like this one to say what you should or not do. You just need to be proactive when learning, to get as better as you want/need/can.

As much as I love BGwiki, I must resort to regular wiki for a lot of older things. BGwiki is great for newer content (less than 10 months old), but older content (like where to get a Smn. testimony) is best served on regular wiki. :(

Technically bgwiki isnt even that great any more. its good for lists and locations but for actual information on what to expect in fights, its next to worthless.

examples. Skirmish page regarding Ra'Kaznar or new skirmish items and augments. Or maybe Cailimh's page. Some of the high level bc's dont even list anything beyond the old fights information.

clopedia at least has newer bc's with some info.

Pretty much have to fumble around in the darkness until you find something that doesnt kill you.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-07-25 16:33:28  
Sieha1 said: »
Valefor.Lisamarie said: »
Kids

http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Main_Page

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Are your best friends forever.

Everytime you start a new job, check

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/forum/83/jobs/

The first stickied will provide basic and advanced info.

In doubts,

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/29127/random-question-thread-ffxi-related/

Will aid you evrytime you need.

If you want to check it out the latest info

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/118737-Dev-Tracker-Discussion

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112776-Dev-Tracker-Findings-Posts-(NO-DISCUSSION)

And lastly, anyone can be as good as they want to be if they read and experiment. Info is around there, helpful people is around there, you dont need a dubious thread like this one to say what you should or not do. You just need to be proactive when learning, to get as better as you want/need/can.

As much as I love BGwiki, I must resort to regular wiki for a lot of older things. BGwiki is great for newer content (less than 10 months old), but older content (like where to get a Smn. testimony) is best served on regular wiki. :(

Technically bgwiki isnt even that great any more. its good for lists and locations but for actual information on what to expect in fights, its next to worthless.

examples. Skirmish page regarding Ra'Kaznar or new skirmish items and augments. Or maybe Cailimh's page. Some of the high level bc's dont even list anything beyond the old fights information.

clopedia at least has newer bc's with some info.

Pretty much have to fumble around in the darkness until you find something that doesnt kill you.

Nothing can be done. Both pages are done solely by individual contributions. And this can be as good as bad, because people can write mistakes and end spreading, like someone who listed marrows drop from new shadowlord bcnm.

Personally i use both for old info like assaults, salvage, etc. For newer info, just forums have them, because people goes there to brag and normally share info here, there, they correct themselves and finally reach a consensual understanding.

If one want to be really prepared, he must browse in every forum thread, to gather all info available without personally going to event unprepared.
[+]
By Sieha1 2014-07-25 16:58:40  

oh yes, I need to figure out how to download all the threads onto my kindle so I can cuddle up with it before bed and find out all the information I need from other people saying over and over how its so easy, we finished in 6 minutes, insert generic rng strat here, blah blah blah.

this is getting off topic and I dont want to get meowed at.

I will just say this. as players grow and become ready to get into something more then spark farming or exp, there is no good source of information. I think now we are more in a phase where we have to get the information ourselves. Since egos are so important and there is no unbiased central place for information some people are screwed wasting time.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-25 17:02:10  
Using forums is actually a good tip. Even without being an active participant there is a lot to learn from forums that you wouldn't otherwise come by on your own.
I too wasn't aware of tons of things about this game until I started lurking forums. Cause on wiki you're only gonna check what you need at a specific moment, while on forums you might notice threads and learn a lot of new things.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-25 21:15:07  
I'm a newb-cherry poster. Also too shy to post.

HELP I NEED AN ADULT!
 Ragnarok.Exavion
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-07-25 21:21:52  
If you swap the letters around in the word Selbina it spells Lesbian.

[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-25 21:22:43  
Ragnarok.Exavion said: »

This. Is. The Single. Greatest tip of all!
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-07-25 21:29:07  
Ragnarok.Exavion said: »

[+]
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2014-07-25 21:39:17  
I guess that would explain the fishing guild
[+]
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Skjalf 2014-07-25 22:11:04  
Sieha1 said: »

this is getting off topic and I dont want to get meowed at.

Meow! :3

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Carrelo
サーバ: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-07-25 23:07:25  

Adding on to this, you can actually avoid being interrupted due to knockback by quickly running back to the point where you started casting. This is obviously very difficult to do for short spells or long knockbacks, but it can save you a decent amount of trouble once you get the hang of it.

I find it to be especially useful on BRD, which typically has long enough casting times (without Nightingale), can't be interrupted by the damage portion of the enemy's attack, and needs to spend as little time as possible casting and recasting in the line of fire.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-07-25 23:12:04  
Valefor.Philemon said: »
You sure about that? I thought the dialogue didn't tell you what weapon you had stored until actually take the weapon back.
I'm fairly certain because I was going to abandon w/e weapon I started on and start fresh until I realized I did turn in the correct weapon, at which point I continued and finished.

Based on all the screenshots I have of the cutscenes (getting back the vigil weapon of the last mythic I made and handing in another), it does not mention the vigil weapon stored until you irrevocably abandon it.
The only way you used to be able to check was to get your character copied to test server and abandon the quest on the testserver character.

Quote:
'Do you wish to abandon the weapon you currently have turned in for safekeeping?'

(you get dialogue confirmation)

followed by if you say yes:
The <vigil weapon> has been returned to you.
A new weapon may be turned in for safekeeping at any time.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2014-07-26 02:04:19  
Quote:
The only way you used to be able to check was to get your character copied to test server and abandon the quest on the testserver character.

Still is the way I described here:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/43928/little-facts-to-help-you-suck-less/10/#2670049
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2014-07-26 06:06:25  
WHM Asylum fully protects against Horrid Roar. Can be used for example in the Ouryu BC to protect your DDs SV Songs at the start.

Also adding our Ouryu Startegy:

2x DD (left paw)
2x WHM (right paw)
1x BRD (floater)
1x RDM/WHM (outside of breakga range)

This makes the fight really stable. Even if a double hate reset happens Ouryu will stay in place, not chase WHMs and potentially flail. WHMs can just curaga standing there instead of having to cure the DD and then themself.

Staggering your 2 Asylums at the start will give you 1 minute of full zerg power. Our Ouryu dropped to 63% the first ground phase and slowed down a lot thereafter due to slowspam and flights.

During flight DDs AoE !! the elementals while then the RDM dispels Stoneskin if needed and does some damage to force the land. RDM also Stona the WHM if breakga was cast.

BRD needs to know his song ranges but a good one can space just right to Ballad the WHMs and give DD songs seperatly without having to rely on Pianissimo.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2014-07-26 17:11:41  
If you farm tokens from Nyzul enter at floor 95. Floor 1+ will give 400 tokens each if you wrap around from 100.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 12 13 14